• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rule #2: Never listen to Fino +1

Dnyce

Smash Master
i think i'm gonna go to mlg cause G.A.M.M.E is canceled i took the springs outta my gc controller, and am practicing here and there, look for the tag FUmlg
Caution using Major League Gaming's name or abbreviation - they are very strict about it.

RichBrown

Smash Master
Delfino against MK sucks, enjoy getting sharked the whole time and then camped on the other parts. Although I still think it's better than RC. Meh just gotta win game 1.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
It's nowhere close as bad as frigate, rainbow cruise, brinstar, or even PS2. If MK's counterpicking you to delfino he's passing up the option of taking you to a much better stage for him lol

RichBrown

Smash Master
Hilt I'll MM you @ Columbus for 5 bucks delfino only, your Oli vs my MK :D

(that goes for any Oli who's gonna be at Columbus)

Pyronic_Star

Smash Champion
Hilt I'll MM you @ Columbus for 5 bucks delfino only, your Oli vs my MK :D

(that goes for any Oli who's gonna be at Columbus)
i'll do that, i'm fine against mk on like every stage but picto and brinstar... everywhere else is normal

edit: can i use my wii-mote/nunchuk when we do it

Tin Man

Smash Hero
and some people earlier were saying that picto chat is the ultimate vs MK cp, honestly, its up to you guys, some ppl could hate halberd vs MK for all we know. (ok maybe that a lil to far but still just saying, anything can be your cp, just need to know how to use the stage to your advantage)

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
There's always going to be preference of how good someone is on a stage, how good the opponent is on the stage, and a bunch of random factors (DanGR prefers sv because of its music for instance). But all in all, it's going to boil down to a few statistics that, while they can change, won't change much if the player has as much experience on the stage as they can get. Pyronic not liking picto and brinstar doesn't really surprise me since picto just now got legalized in EC lol and he always bans brinstar in every set he plays (that's what he told me at least). So, while he doens't have the experience he needs on those stages, he gets good on rainbow cruise, frigate, etc. I'm kind of the opposite, I'm completely comfortable on brinstar (took ksizle to last hit game three at Pound 4 on brinstar) but I'm not so comfortable on rainbow cruise against mk, wario, gw, etc. That's why we need to discuss them and merge what we know instead of labeling it as "personal preference" :p

/rant

sorry for using you as an example pyronic, haha

RichBrown

Smash Master
Logic: Yeah I'd actually prefer you did, I wanna play you at full strength =)

a year and a half ago when I saw that Picto was gonna be legal at a big San Diego tournament, I decided to just start practicing on that stage. I learned all the formations, and realized that most of them benefit Oli. It's a HUGE stage too, and I've always been a fan of really big stages.

It's almost a year old, but still: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7iDADF1DaJI

My last stock.... raaaape :D

Tin Man

Smash Hero
ok your saying stages are getting legalized in EC, i don't quite understand that term. As far as i'm concerned, following the sbr stage recommendations is all a TO has to do. From the way your talking Hilt, all of the WC TO have the same stage list preference and all the EC TO have a more conservative and different stage list.

as far as I'm concerned I can make my stage list look like this and its still legal:

neutral:

* Battlefield
* Final Destination
* Smashville
* Yoshi's Island
* Castle Siege
* Halberd
* Lylat Cruise
* Pokémon Stadium (Melee)

counterpick:

* Brinstar (Melee)
* Delfino Plaza
* Frigate Orpheon
* Jungle Japes (Melee)
* PictoChat
* Pirate Ship
* Pokémon Stadium 2
* Rainbow Cruise (Melee)
* Distant Planet
* Green Greens (Melee)
* Hanenbow (for doubles matches)
* Luigi's Mansion
* Norfair
* Port Town Aero Dive
* Yoshi's Island (Melee)

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
lol

tin man, you don't understand what I mean. When I say that a stage just got legalized in EC, what I mean is, previously, if you said "is Pictochat legal at this tournament?" at 90% of the tournaments, the immediate response you'd get is "Hell no what're you talkin about kid?!"

Most of EC hated pictochat, Green Greens, PS2, etc. It was rarely ever legal at an EC tournament. Not that I'm saying there's a whole lot wrong with this, though. But the SBR ruleset for stages isn't the Ten Commandments or anything, bro. People are going to put stages on that they like, not what they're recommended to use lol.

So yeah. When I say "legalized" I don't mean that they're "allowed" to put it on. I'm just saying that TOs make it legal to use the stage in tournament. Which use to not be the case very often.

Turazrok

Smash Master
and some people earlier were saying that picto chat is the ultimate vs MK cp, honestly, its up to you guys, some ppl could hate halberd vs MK for all we know. (ok maybe that a lil to far but still just saying, anything can be your cp, just need to know how to use the stage to your advantage)
I hate halberd against metaknight with a passion.

Denti

Smash Master
WHYYYYY????????????????? That's like, my trump CP =0

edit: why did i even ask why lol, the first transformation is a ***** to deal with. I just play extra campy and gay on this form. until we get to the ship that is XD

double edit: speaking of MK, i've come to the conclusion that i can tell weather or not BF is a good/decent stage to fight MK on. his nado works so well there, i can't punish it or nair threw it when they do it right underneath a platform.

Turazrok

Smash Master
WHYYYYY????????????????? That's like, my trump CP =0

edit: why did i even ask why lol, the first transformation is a ***** to deal with. I just play extra campy and gay on this form. until we get to the ship that is XD

double edit: speaking of MK, i've come to the conclusion that i can tell weather or not BF is a good/decent stage to fight MK on. his nado works so well there, i can't punish it or nair threw it when they do it right underneath a platform.
I hate it because I've never won against MK on that stage. I lose most of my sets on it.

RichBrown

Smash Master
I'm not sure any of you truly realize how hard it is to fight a good sharker

Watch this match: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cXYmIiPKRo4

He kills himself on his first stock at 0 and STILL beats me. Yeah, there were things I coulda done differently, but still, this is the **** I have to put up with every week.

Man I really gotta learn to punish nado better in general though, I'm really stupid about it sometimes. Once I get that down and my DI consistent, I got this...

Hai Im Fearless

Smash Lord
redhalberd ***** with sharking, but if you practice enough against it, you can cut their options (especially if you're leading in percent\stock >.>)

rich, i got dsf to last hit on brinstar and he didnt kill himself

Dnyce

Smash Master

He kills himself on his first stock at 0 and STILL beats me. Yeah, there were things I coulda done differently, but still, this is the **** I have to put up with every week.

Man I really gotta learn to punish nado better in general though, I'm really stupid about it sometimes. Once I get that down and my DI consistent, I got this...
I do not believe that video suffices as solid evidence against sharking. The continuity of your mistakes was at least consistent meaning you do not understand how to beat the strategy.
Would you run a foot race against Sonic? Why then, may I ask, are you trying to aggressively fight Metaknight in a position where he has the advantage?

joeysmash

Smash Ace
NNID
papakarcher
I do not believe that video suffices as solid evidence against sharking. The continuity of your mistakes was at least consistent meaning you do not understand how to beat the strategy.
Would you run a foot race against Sonic? Why then, may I ask, are you trying to aggressively fight Metaknight in a position where he has the advantage?
bigger question, what did you ban instead of brinstar?

Pyronic_Star

Smash Champion

no sympathy... i told you to ban brinstar against mk... always and forever :)

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
So apparently if you use an aerial within fifteen frames after a whistle ends, when holding an item, you use the aerial instead of throwing the item.

Denti

Smash Master
Not guna lie Rich but i agree with Dite in that you played that match wrong. The whole time you put yourself in situations where he was probably going to be able to hit you from underneath. Think about it like this, play like him. Play gay ***, make his stupid ***** sharking mutha ****ing *** approach. Grab the ledge, run away, never let him touch you, make him take the risky approaches. I'm only saying this because you were in first like that whole match and didn't stall at all you just let him pressure you.

Sky Pirate

The best defense is a lot of frigging healing
NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
So apparently if you use an aerial within fifteen frames after a whistle ends, when holding an item, you use the aerial instead of throwing the item.
Oh my. This is a bit old, no?

Okay, try this:
1. Set either L or R to "attack".
2. Go into training and pick up a banana using the button you set. Hold this button.
3. Jump, whistle, and immediately Uair/Dair/Fair/Bair/Nair.

You should perform an aerial while still holding the banana.
I'm asking if there is a way to cut out the whistling part or somehow do it faster.

Top Bottom