• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rule #2: Never listen to Fino +1

RichBrown

Smash Master
Tomorrow's the big day! I'd say I'm at like 90% health as I type this, hopefully a good night's sleep will get me feeling better!

Jane

Smash Hero
i cant wait either man!

i hope rich (and any other good olis) go to work.

and i hope my peoples from AZ hold it down!

Turazrok

Smash Master
I always imagine rich entering a venue screaming:

RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

BUUUROOWWWWNNNNN.

Jane

Smash Hero
truely epic set against m2k rich. seriously wow. i cant remember a time i've watched a set with so much intensity. great job

RichBrown

Smash Master
I got 7th, I beat Warpstatus, Zex, and Z... but the thing is Tyrant lost to DarkLink in winners (tyrant never tries in winners ugh) and so I had to play him. I ****ed up game 1, he was at 130 and I was at 80-90, and I got shuttlelooped... Game 2 was also last hit, I read his spotdodge with an Usmash. But he CPed me to rainbow and I got 3 stocked... if Tyrant had taken care of business against DarkLink then I woulda played him for 5th, and then I think DSF or DEHF for 4th. Oh well.

I'm honestly considering using my MK on the really gay CP stages against other MKs, even Tyrant. It's just too hard for Oli. If you wanna beat MK, you HAVE to win game 1. It's so stupid.

The M2K set was fun. I kept screwing up some controls, rolling when I went to dropshield fsmash, things like that. Game 2 was pretty close, got him to 75%ish percent before he killed me. The guy is not from this planet.

So I definitely coulda placed higher, but I instead lost to M2K and Tyrant, kind of a ****ed bracket...

Oh and also, nair is a good tool for landing sometimes lol

Tight the set vs M2K was uploaded:

Game 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojTGh9Y7sqs

Game 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VW_3ziCwD4o

Man I was getting ***** by nado... he spaces them SO ****ING WELL though =(

RichBrown

Smash Master
Logic have you ever played Tyrant on. RC? It's a freaking chore...

oh and the ONLY time I've ever beaten DSF in a set, the clinching match was on picto. That's quietly one of Oli's best stages.

Pyronic_Star

Smash Champion
i get wrecked there :s like i can't see to recover, and i hate the random **** that hits me :/
but rc... i haven't lost to an mk there in a long time

Q77

Smash Apprentice
I read the title, now i post. +1. PRIZE ME!

Abuse grab range and throw opponent into spikes and man eating flower = :laugh:

Hai Im Fearless

Smash Lord
I use MK on rainbow. (when I forget \ don't ban it \ teams)
you can beat bad mks there but not good ones

i never watch any brawl videos ever but i watched your second game

when you got that white on his side b and you ended up with a pretty high percent adv, you should have played off of that more. ugh and **** this stupid announcer "all rich needs to do is side b"

you DI'd his downsmash terrible in the first stock. living that would have let you build up so much more dmg before you died

you didn't start playing the set correctly until mew2king got to his last stock in the 2nd game and you were already at 100. if you would have done that from the start it would have been wayyyyy different

also... you didnt strike yoshi's? that's one of my first

edit : after watchin the entire set your DI actually needs quite a bit of work :D and stop trying to roll vs nado like wtf?

Turazrok

Smash Master
Alright guys. I'm teaming with an MK for a mm against a MK/Diddy or MK/MK team. Any tips?

Hai Im Fearless

Smash Lord
by the way, when i beat dsf it was on bf. olimars good on brinstar, too. it's all about the hitbox-extension mindgames. me and dsf were last hit on that stage (and he didnt sd at 0 :D). super bragging 1k post

Tin Man

Smash Hero
Apparently M2K said something to Richbrown (apparently it was advice), I wanna know wut was said.

Also rich, surprised you didn't go castle seige (I'm assumeing he banned Halberd)

Denti

Smash Master
I gota agree with logic, RC is the easier CP metaknight has. I play as equally gay there as he does(planks so hard on the boat for example). Brinstar and frigate are what I decide on banning. But as of recent i've been banning brinstar more and more against MK because brinstar effects your gameplay overall as olimar, frigate has that gay *** ledge you can avoid fighting near. Not saying frigate is easy, just saying that's all frigate has going for it on it's first transformation.

Tin Man

Smash Hero
i've been banning RC all this time, and always getting CP'd to frigate, like iunno there are so many bad stages for Olimar vs MK (Delfino, Japes, Frigate, RC, and Brinstar). 'd say Delfino is the easiest one, but I mean MK has 5 COUNTERPICKS AGAINST US :(.

Denti

Smash Master
with the new MLG rules i strike MK to delfino. i play abnormally good there 0.o like **** sauce good. you can plank when he gets under the stage and can use pikmin toss at him and they'll latch onto him from under the stage and above the stage all from the ledge. Uairs and purples are great also. I've learned too aplly the right kind of pressure and mind games to get those cheap *** kills when your right beside the blast zone. oli can get those easier than MK can imo. anyone else think different? discuss? lol

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
MLG rules aren't that different. It's just the strike system and the addition of PS2, Pictochat, Green Greens, and Norfair, which some regions aren't use to. And the additional neutrals.

Pyronic_Star

Smash Champion
i like mlg rules except for the addition of picto

watch me play someone on rainbow... your see its not that bad, just make sure that when the stage is moving left, your on the right... and vice versa

i think i'm gonna go to mlg cause G.A.M.M.E is canceled i took the springs outta my gc controller, and am practicing here and there, look for the tag FUmlg

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
Sorry bro, I wouldn't be able to give any advice :/ I haven't teamed with a mk in serious set, haha.

Playing the wii version of pikmin and it's really great O: Controls are better with the wiimote so far, sans a few camera control issues, but it's nothing you can't get use to.

Pikmin 2 (Wii) Comes out in five days!

Top Bottom