• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rule #2: Never listen to Fino +1

Sky Pirate

The best defense is a lot of frigging healing
NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Hey who do you main right now? You have no main icon, and I hope you aren't maining whatever your profile pic is. Scary ****.
I'm pretty sure Squid mains himself. He's pretty meta.

Tacket

The Innovator
Hey how do you ledge pluck?
I forgot already.

Another question.
Is using the whistle to superguard an oncoming power move like the Donkey Punch and an fsmash practical at times instead of shielding?

Another question.
Since Olimar practically has no stalemate with his smashes. Is it practical to use them more often than tilts?

:phone:

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
So I kept pressing b and then I ran off a platform while doing it and got a pikmin with no lag. Is it a glitch just like Peach can do with turnips?

Also I try to whistle stuff but still get hit, whats the timing on it.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
Okay but real talk though new kid, learn how to usmash oos and you're golden. Run away a lot, bait approaches, throw traps in their way to make their life hell. Get good at whistling, learn how to watch for your purples in line. After that, asking specific questions will be the best way to improve. We'll help in whatever we can. At least I will, haha. If I think of any general pieces of advice, I'll post them as well.

Turazrok

Smash Master
Notices pit main hopping on bandwagon.... Is it worth the ignite + ult to get rid of? Hell I'd burn flash too..

SethT

Smash Ace
Care, Olimar gets countered by Rumble. Really strong ledge guarding options.

Dnyce

Smash Master
Never face check bushes.
See, this is the problem with our community, imo. This is probably the most profound advice ever posted from a veteran olimar player, and everyone here just blows it off. Nietono throws away red pikmin because it messes up the CG on fox and he gets a whole thread dedicated to doing it in every match-up, in excruciating, horny, meat-riding detail... but hilt was so ridiculed in his omniscience that he felt the need to dumb down his advice to this:
Okay but real talk though new kid, learn how to usmash oos and you're golden. Run away a lot, bait approaches, throw traps in their way to make their life hell. Get good at whistling, learn how to watch for your purples in line. After that, asking specific questions will be the best way to improve. We'll help in whatever we can. At least I will, haha. If I think of any general pieces of advice, I'll post them as well.
And lets be honest everyone - this post ^here^ is a steaming pile of horse manure. Who the **** wants to read this (I mean, save for the obvious)?!? REALLY? DID YOU GUYS KNOW THAT OLIMAR'S FORWARD SMASH AND GRAB LOOK EXACTLY THE SAME?! OR THAT HE GETS MORE PURPLE PIKMIN ON FINAL DESTINATION, OR THAT OUR BEST STRATEGY IS TO HOPE PEOPLE RUN INTO UPSMASH? This is what I learned the community thinks of our character from commentators like juice.doom (name search doom -doom- max krechmar).

Think about that.
He's so fat.
that is all

:shyguy: :shyguy: :shyguy:

EDIT: Shout-outs to jersey shore commentators

EDIT2: If you could combine pierce's knowledge of the game (except pikmin pluck terrain ratios and nana desync mechanics) + doom's personality and have that person commentate with DragonMasterBrandon, that would be gdlk. DM at least knows not to talk about stuff he knows nothing about.

EDIT7: my body is zori

EDIT: number 3: Shout-outs to hilt saying "I ****ing lol'd at your last post" on Facebook to me sometime in the next few days when I randomly message him on chat about some random *** tournament he's supposed to be hosting in ohio (**** daycia, school has been in session like 2 times now since SiiS4292)

Edit 6.0221415x10^23: Fun fact, brawl has not even been out for 4292 days

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
Kthx, I already play a campy character so this shouldn't really be that hard for me. I just need to gain the knowledge. Do purples really appear more on FD?

Asa

Smash Hero
for the record you don't get more purples on fd lol

get a secondary for rob tho :urg:

Turazrok

Smash Master
Lmao Tack exposed. I'll ygo you when I get a chance Asa but huge comp issues. Sorry Bro :( you aren't ready for worms

Top Bottom