• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rule #2: Never listen to Fino +1

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
If by "do more" you mean go for Psychiatry, which iirc you have go through four years of college, four years of med school, and four years of psychiatry residence training, then yeah, then you're making the money. Otherwise, you're making decent cash, but nothing spectacular.

Excellence

Smash Champion
Nope, sophomore - the "figure out what you want to do with the rest of your life" year :X

As it stands I'm pretty sure I'm gonna go Psych - how does that make you feel?
:mad:It makes me feel... ANGRY!!! EXCELLENCE MAAAAAAAAAAAAD! :mad:

I wanna major psychology so bad, but I'm scared that there'll be like.. no money at all in it :/

I can't sleep btw.
That all depends on how deep you go into it. You need at least a doctoral to make money worth the amount of time you have to put into Psychology. If you like the general field, then you can always pick up that and Biology so that you can still go to med. school and if you choose to change majors you still have a couple of options.

Dnyce

Smash Master
If by "do more" you mean go for Psychiatry, which iirc you have go through four years of college, four years of med school, and four years of psychiatry residence training, then yeah, then you're making the money. Otherwise, you're making decent cash, but nothing spectacular.
There's a difference between a psychologist and a psychiatrist hilt, lol. Psychiatrist is the one you explain, and their basic job is (1) sit down with a person (2) listen to their problems for 10 minutes (3) write a prescription. A Psychiatrist is essentially a doctor.
A Psychologist can go a number of different ways, but the basic idea people get is someone who sits down with someone and helps them work out their problems (usually for an hour). Psychologists don't prescribe medication, though often refer their patients to a psychiatrist (hint, if you're going through school, start making friends with psychiatrists so you can have a good partnership going on ;o). You can do a number of different things with Psychology though, which I only know about because that's what I'm doing - haha. You can be a manager, do HR at a corporation, sell insurance, clinical research, be a teacher, advertising, child/youth care, government/legislative services, hotel management, production/quality control, real-estate, stocks/bond sales, and I think it only takes 2 more years to become a "psychologist" as opposed to a "councilor"

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
Nice Jane :D When I was still in high school I took a Sociology course and loved it, thougt about majoring it for a bit. Then I realized they don't get paid **** :laugh:

Also, I'm officially on my way to college, and I dive rigt in with rehearsal starting for my group at 10 AM tomorrow morning. OOO! I get to play the guy that used to beat me in Brawl all the time and sic my pikmin on him now! I'm confident I'm better; before, I was beating him sometimes and I didn't even know what a pivot grab was back then. I MAY or may not have thougt Oli v. Captain Falcon was in his favor at that time O_o

Jane

Smash Hero
i started last week. some people started like three weeks ago. some still have like a week. yup it varies, but all around mid august to mid september

Asa

Smash Hero
the good thing about psych majors is that we can perform legitimate mindgames on people

i'm planning on going into psychiatry, taking my mcat next summer

and mm>skittle in taste

however skittles are much stronger in commercials

Dnyce

Smash Master
I started a few weeks ago. Dabuz be doin his last minute summer assignments right now for AP classes. lmao, I hope you name search for procrastination >:3

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
I procrastinate hardcore style. Like right now. Supposed to be doing homework that was due yesterday.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
I WANT SOMETHIN ELSE

TO GET ME THROUGH THIS

SEMI CHARMED KINDA LIFE

BABY BABY

I WANT SOMETHIN ELSE

NOT LISTENIN WHEN YOU SAY

GOOODBYYYYYYEEEEE

<omggg

Dnyce

Smash Master
We were talking about having sex with under-aged girls in my criminology class briefly today... the law is soooo unforgiving :(

Dnyce

Smash Master
and i thought it was 42...
Sunan al-Tirmidhi Hadith 2562 says:

The Prophet Muhammad was heard saying: “The smallest reward for the people of Paradise is an abode where there are 80,000 servants and 72 wives (or virgins), over which stands a dome decorated with pearls, aquamarine, and ruby, as wide as the distance from Al-Jabiyyah [a Damascus suburb] to Sana’a [Yemen]”

Though it's a vastly over blown stereotype in western culture =/ Muslims regard this belief in the same way that mainstream Christians regard the belief that after death they will be issued with wings and a harp, and walk on clouds.

Blissard

Smash Lord
Lol my summer reading is about an indian man and woman that lived well, then they had too much sex together and didn't have enough money, so all of their children starved. Then the children became prostitutes so that they could make money, and had Albino babies XD

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
sounds pretty ballin'. but. why does having too much sex make you have no money?

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Oh, I get it. They had sex instead of working. Shoulda filmed it and sold the tapes.

Dnyce

Smash Master
I've been messing around with Dash Attack a lot lately. I find it good for punishing landings in certain situations, but I'm not sure how useful it is overall. Oh! And there's a way to Dash Attack faster, for those that don't know. If you just normally dash and then press A, you have to wait a few frames, because you won't be able to dash attack in the take off animation for a Dash. Instead, you'll do a Stutter Step Forward Smash. However, if you hit down on the C-Stick, you can Dash Attack during the initial dash animation, cutting a few frames off. Sometimes I'll dash away from my opponent, pluck cancel my dash and Dash Attack the opposite direction towards the oppponent.
How long is olimar's dash animation?

Dajayman

Banned via Administration
Are you guys seriously just figuring out instant dash attack (IDA)? First figuring out up smash oos way late and now this? Olimars are way f***ing behind.

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
Lol my summer reading is about an indian man and woman that lived well, then they had too much sex together and didn't have enough money, so all of their children starved. Then the children became prostitutes so that they could make money, and had Albino babies XD
wtf is the moral of that story?

and Fino, wtf is going on in your avatar?

In other news: I finally have more than one room to live in! And a nice view! YTranslation: long elevator rides in the morning)

Top Bottom