• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rule #2: Never listen to Fino +1

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
I got to around the middle of SV, but missed the other ledge. I can't jump after I drop down. What's going on?

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
Do you have tap jump on? If you don't, you're probably fast falling after the tether. If you do, you're using your second jump before you use tether. Practice it on Delfino first.

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
doesnt count. for ****.
Well DUH, but the point is that I know how to control a character now! And have a very basic understanding of how items works, which ones to add, and what order to get them in.
Add me on there. My tag is DanGR.

I could join you in a practice game or two and show you the ropes if you want.
I'm telling you now I'm going to be embarrassingly bad, but alright. Now I've just got to figure out how to add people :laugh:
Hey guys I just beat f@tal
Good **** Rich! We better keep hearing good things from you - you got this ;)
That's great I saw the bracket and was wondering whether or not his old oli experience with Icy Light was going to hold up.

Make sure you get top 8 or better yet top 3 lol.

Who are you worried about playing against next in bracket?
Post bracket plz?
I got to around the middle of SV, but missed the other ledge. I can't jump after I drop down. What's going on?
Well
Do you have tap jump on? If you don't, you're probably fast falling after the tether. If you do, you're using your second jump before you use tether. Practice it on Delfino first.
^yea. That was my problem and why I gave up on it for now ^_^

edit: YES for palindromic post numbers (the one in the top right) :lick:

edit2: Oh yea, and Chibo lost a game because of MLG's LGL. He plays ROB ._. I am so disappoint I don't even have the words...MLG is dumb...

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer

I'm telling you now I'm going to be embarrassingly bad, but alright. Now I've just got to figure out how to add people :laugh:
I'll add you. What's your tag?

And... I'm going to use a smurf when I play with you. lol.

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
I'll add you. What's your tag?

And... I'm going to use a smurf when I play with you. lol.
My tag is Vocalyze - how do I add people? And I just learned what smurf means earlier today! Plus I just got a new wireless mouse for back to school, so I don't have to do some awkward claw over my touchpad like I was before :D

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
My tag is Vocalyze - how do I add people? And I just learned what smurf means earlier today! Plus I just got a new wireless mouse for back to school, so I don't have to do some awkward claw over my touchpad like I was before :D
You go to contacts in the left, click the "+" symbol, type in my tag, and click enter.

I use a touchpad.

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
You go to contacts in the left, click the "+" symbol, type in my tag, and click enter.

I use a touchpad.
Really? It was so weird for me :laugh: Like, I'd move the cursor with my right hand while using my left hand to hit the keyboard shortcuts AND click the mouse buttons. I managed, it just felt odd, and my hand started getting cramped after a while

Question: how do I get new champions, from the shop? I tried clicking on it but nothing came up

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
new champs... maybe try the shop again? thats weird that nothing happened.

DanGR/vocal, im gonna add you both.
be prepared to play with bsltiger

dont you guys hate it when stuff requires longer than 3 character usernames?

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
new champs... maybe try the shop again? thats weird that nothing happened.

DanGR/vocal, im gonna add you both.
be prepared to play with bsltiger

dont you guys hate it when stuff requires longer than 3 character usernames?
Never had that problem :)

I do hate it when they have to be longer than 5 though :(

And I still don't know if I'm in any shape to fight anyone for real lol, I'm only good with Ashe so far; I know Udyn is supposed to be good but I don't have the slightest idea about jungling properly yet.

Oh, and I got the store to work today. Stuff is expensive though >.>

I gotta play me some more practice games

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
What does BSL even stand for?
bull**** lag, british sign language, breed-specific legislation, Berkeley Seismological Lab, or... my initials.

from the falco boards:

Falco Da Boss lol. sick strat. also what does BSL mean?
BSL = bull**** lag
i take offense to that.
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Imagining the avatar of BSL [this was back when i had the fat gotenks avatar] in that stance saying that made that 10x funnier.

Also, TL can do this on BF too I believe.

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
what do you guys think about this rule. If you are playing under a ten min timer and the match ends in a time out, both players get a win. This rule seems to work well especially against those people who choose certain broken stages for the sole purpose of timing someone out. When using this rule, no one benefits from trying to time another person out and it lets the players play any way they want to without interfering with their play style.

The only problem that I see with this rule is if both players each win one game and the third game goes to time out. This can be solved by having a 1 stock rematch. The only way this will happen is if a timeout happens on the third game because a winner will be declared if there is a timeout on the second game. If a timeout happens on the first game, since both players won, then there is no way to choose a counter pick, so they can either choose to play on the same starter stage or restart the stage striking procedure. Since neither player actually beat the other, both players will have to stick to the character they chose when the time out occurred.

If you guys like it, you should post here http://www.smashboards.com/showthrea...8#post11069918

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
what happens if youre beating me, and you get me down to last hit on my last stock. i proceed to camp the **** out of you for the rest of the match. i get a win for camping harder than you can approach.

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
what do you guys think about this rule. If you are playing under a ten min timer and the match ends in a time out, both players get a win. This rule seems to work well especially against those people who choose certain broken stages for the sole purpose of timing someone out. When using this rule, no one benefits from trying to time another person out and it lets the players play any way they want to without interfering with their play style.

The only problem that I see with this rule is if both players each win one game and the third game goes to time out. This can be solved by having a 1 stock rematch. The only way this will happen is if a timeout happens on the third game because a winner will be declared if there is a timeout on the second game. If a timeout happens on the first game, since both players won, then there is no way to choose a counter pick, so they can either choose to play on the same starter stage or restart the stage striking procedure. Since neither player actually beat the other, both players will have to stick to the character they chose when the time out occurred.

If you guys like it, you should post here http://www.smashboards.com/showthrea...8#post11069918
*facepalm*

You already know how I feel about this from the ruleset thread >.>

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
He's a scruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuub.

Edit: Hilt, can you get a mod to just give me 75 more posts? :o

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
Alright Dabuz, after two days of consideration and taste tests, I've come to a conclusion and have to disagree with you. M&Ms are not better than Skittles.

Top Bottom