• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rocky 2009 - Hyper coverage on sale March 31

Who will win Brawl?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

S.D

Smash Master
mmm smells good. I vote SD as NSW captain for both games
yea but shaya kinda lost me when at dont come, he put pat and jaz into the interstate crew (both of whom are **** melee players but not so good at brawl, in face I reckon they didnt even want to be in the interstate crew) when he could have put in better players like tedeth, whom he didnt put in for personal reasons.

now I know its not really a big deal but still, personal reasons arnt good reasons to leave really good players out.
no offence intended to pat jaz or shaya.

SD on the other hand, is a mad dog and is **** at everything.
<3 Luke, thanks for the vote of confidence.

In reality however there are a number of people ahead of me in line for the role in both games.

Simon or Jaz are justifiably the obvious choices for melee captain, and I'm sure either will do a great job just like OHN. Hopefully this time I won't let them down XD

As for brawl, regardless of any personal beef people may or may not have with Shaya, I think that in terms of knowledge and experience etc he's the best choice for NSW captain. There are probably others that could do a better job than me aswell. If people want to put captains to a vote or whatever that might be a good democratic way to do it, but I think my vote and most others would be for Shaya.

Regardless of what happens I'm sure most decisions within crews will be democratically made, with everyones opinions being counted. That's what makes Simon a great leader.

@Toby: Don’t be ridiculous.

Toby.

Smash Master
I'm just assuming that most of the great melee players won't make it to Rocky. These days it seems like they are too busy trying to get as far away from Brawl as possible.

Either way I hope the crews are a decent size. Could be lots of fun.

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
Either way I hope the crews are a decent size. Could be lots of fun.
Well I think we're already able to field a good number of our best Brawl players at Rocky. Only one who isn't going would be FTS.

Also, I do think Shaya might still be best fit for our captain, though if there's going to be a dispute, NSW could always just share its captaincy amongst a few. NOW THAT'S TEAMWORK.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Luke.

Pat and Jaz were good enough to represent Brawl at the time. They were better than many others.
Personal isn't entirely it. Whilst we had quarrels at the time, from my observations of him when I last saw him play, until the time I last saw Pat and Jaz play; AS WELL as the "deciding who would be in the crew bull ****" tedeth was a risky choice. Pre-Don't Come I didn't believe he was able; day before the battle I fought him in the 4 man and he was 'weak'. I didn't choose him because of 'November Opinion' plus 'Day before' opinion. However, before the last day of Don't Come was over I conceded that he was definitely worthy of being in the crew, and that he had improved, and the jitterbugs of the previous day wasn't good to gauge him from. He may even remember me saying "Wow, you have improved, I'm sorry I didn't think you were up for being in the crew". But at the time our pool of players of around the same skill was very large, I am not willing to concede that at the time tedeth was definitely a better brawler than either Jaz or Pat.

tedeth

Smash Master
I remember beating some scrub marth and being like "OHHHH YEEEAHHHHH!"

But no yeah that's in the past. I don't really care about that anymore we're all over it.

Still, while I do think Shaya's prolly the best player, that doesn't always make for the best captain. You don't want someone who goes "Oh man thees wood bii sao good eef ai cood finish thees weeth a shield breaker." :p

Really tho, Meteor or SD for captain imo.

Or, as meteor suggested, no captain. Let everyone have a say. Democracy ftw.

IGIF.PAIN

Smash Apprentice
Melbourne vs Sydney crew battle would be awesomesauce. I don't really mind whether the captain ends up being Shaya or Sam.

Sydney is going to get destroyed in melee.
can i please play for the melee crews, i reckon il own it up, well unless i get someone good, wait thats all of melbourne but anyway, i still recon i should we in the crew battle seeing as ben is **** lol

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
how about "I'm going to play dededede" :) oh its so much fun isnt it ted.

but yeah, your argument is valid shaya but I wasn't trying to make you look bad or anything, your defently up there for captain but sam knows alot about the game and matchups, has a perfect smash mindset, and is really good at picking out weakness and bad habits. sounds like a good captain to me, and the proof of it was at dont come when I was in his crew he would sit behind me during matches and point things out and remind of things, pretty much doubled my skill level.
of course if sam doesnt want to be the captain thats fine, its just my 2 cents.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
I take "like 95% chance of winning situations"
into EPICLY CLOSE.

I'm all about hype.

I still put a lot of effort into everything before that though :D. Maybe I won't be bothering to do it on MK any longer lol.

Ant1

Smash Ace
How come S.A. doesn't have a 'crew'.
A S.A. crew could consist of me, DJB, desert eagle and this metanova guy.
Man we could take any other state no sweat, we could prolly do it with just me and djb lololol.

btw Shaya ur team for doubles at stigma should have been called Over 9000 metaknights! not 500 metaknights or watever it was called

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Interstate crew battles need more than 4 people, but I don't know wether you 4 will be going anyway. That's why.

Dedu

Smash Lord
Sydney is going to get destroyed in melee.
Don't base this on what happened at Don't Come. Kulla, Jaz, Pat, SD, Unreon and Tom have kept Sydney Melee Crew rankings up.

IGIF.PAIN

Smash Apprentice
Don't base this on what happened at Don't Come. Kulla, Jaz, Pat, SD, Unreon and Tom have kept Sydney Melee Crew rankings up.
yeh im sad that i didnt compete in many melee tournies, the tedeth one screwed me over, i was so sick that day i puked when i got home and i fell alseep, sorry bout blaming you tedeth, as i recall it ran smoothy but melee after lots of brawl wasnt ideal for me cause i was sick and tired and i sucked so bad in melee during the matches

my fox il admit was a joke, especially in those melee videos on youtube, i was friken pathetic

i recon though if its like a team of 8 or ten for melle crews i could do decently now that my falcon is ALOT better than my fox

Dekar289

Smash Hero
no cobalt or dekar at don't come
we WILL win melee and brawl, easily.

the real contest will be between qld and nsw for 2nd

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
meh anyway you look at it rocky is gonna be pwn and NSW will have all this America induced awesomeness, and me and Attlia are gonna have a showdown in crews.
you beat shaya attila, I'm coming for you!!!

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
meh anyway you look at it rocky is gonna be pwn and NSW will have all this America induced awesomeness, and me and Attlia are gonna have a showdown in crews.
you beat shaya attila, I'm coming for you!!!
correction, i owned shaya. note the difference. either way, i am looking forward to this. im gonna get some revenge for owning me when i was a noob!

Toby.

Smash Master
shmot it's probably time to give it a rest. You beat shaya at one tournament. Congrats. Snake has the advantage on marth, and shaya has only been using d3 for a short amount of time.

The original opinion of you from the NSW perspective (after the last tournament) was "wow, sounds like a great player!". Every time you jump up and remind everyone about how owned shaya you get a little less impressive, y'know?

To use an analogy; I wouldn't like watching Roger Federer play if after his matches he ran to the press saying that he owned James Blake/whoever it was. In the long run Federer just ends up losing to Nadal anyway, so the bragging would just be pointless and a bit arrogant.

We all still like you in NSW, its just getting a tad old ;)

Anyway. After only coming 4th Shaya cries himself to sleep every night, so who knows what he'll do if you keep rubbing it in...?

:bee:

tibs7

Smash Champion
lol he lost to chris haha. but umm i half agree with toby, give it a rest, your not the only one that beat him, and i dont think snake does have the advantage, i think its 50:50.

Toby.

Smash Master
According to the marth boards its 60:40 in favour of snake. If he has the higher port its something like 65:35 or worse, apparently.

Either way Shaya can john for himself (:p), its not really my business.

Oh and tibs I lol'd at the comments on the diddy board about australian players. Poor australia :(

tibs7

Smash Champion
bahaha good old shaya does love a good john

haha yeah i know diddy/every other character boards are always like 'your opponent was crap, and therefore you must be to.' they basically called me noob bahahaha. aw well next year genesis us aussies will show them *shakes fist*

Sieg

Smash Champion
lol he lost to chris haha. but umm i half agree with toby, give it a rest, your not the only one that beat him, and i dont think snake does have the advantage, i think its 50:50.
Haha sorry, I got you two mixed up lol.

Still, I believe you can only brag after you've beaten Chris.

I went off and read that thread after you mentioned it.

No one loves Australia lol.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
To be fair we're pretty noob compared to America. But at least our smash scene is healthier.

S.D

Smash Master
bahaha good old shaya does love a good john

haha yeah i know diddy/every other character boards are always like 'your opponent was crap, and therefore you must be to.' they basically called me noob bahahaha. aw well next year genesis us aussies will show them *shakes fist*
If you play some **** character (Ie: Lucas) they all think you're super good. Everyone used to froth off my Lucas on the boards, they put me in their community combo vids and ****. Solution: Play a **** character that nobody is any good with :)

But yeah in general America > us, but they don't have to be so patronising... do they?

Toby.

Smash Master
If you play some **** character (Ie: Lucas) they all think you're super good. Everyone used to froth off my Lucas on the boards, they put me in their community combo vids and ****. Solution: Play a **** character that nobody is any good with :)

But yeah in general America > us, but they don't have to be so patronising... do they?
Yeah thats how it goes. Low tier gets epic respect =D

I'm hoping that the aussies going to genesis can reverse a bit of the antagonism that we get from a lot of American players.

Sieg

Smash Champion
Yeah thats how it goes. Low tier gets epic respect =D

I'm hoping that the aussies going to genesis can reverse a bit of the antagonism that we get from a lot of American players.
Please do.

Then you can be all in their face, *****ing about how awesome we are.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
imo our low tier characters > Americas low tier characters.
lol sure, just like how boss who plays mario and luigi has beaten ally (who is arguably the best snake player in the world) with both mario and luigi in sets before.

and the snake marth matchup keeps changing back and forth, I think snake has the advantage but something more like 55:45 imo.

also did you know that john is the first name of everybody's favorite johner, shaya, oh the irony!

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
man, you guys must have like 5 people come to melee meets in sydney, huh?
I don't think there's any meets at all that people really go to. Nothing Melee only anyway. We support the game up here, but a majority of the regulars tend to side with Brawl.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
you need to advertise more, cao style, there's prob heaps of nsw like 14 and 15 year old noobs who all think they're the bestest at brawl

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
you need to advertise more, cao style, there's prob heaps of nsw like 14 and 15 year old noobs who all think they're the bestest at brawl
Eh, thing is nobody is really active enough to run any bigger Melee events in NSW. Hopefully Rocky inspires someone here to resurrect our Melee scene once more.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Sydney's strategy is just to let me run it for them. Which I'm more than happy to hahaha. Sydney rules

Shaya give me my King's Cross tournament already

Top Bottom