• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rock Band 2

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
So if you haven't noticed, Moving Pictures wasn't added to the Xbox Live Marketplace yesterday. This was due to "technical difficulties", Harmonix hasn't elaborated any further. Anyways, it's still not up on XBL and it won't be coming out tomorrow on PSN, either. It's been delayed "for a couple weeks". Sean from Harmonix says that they'll be moving around their DLC schedule, and that something will be released this week.

I'm sad Moving Pictures is pushed back, but very glad they aren't just going to let this week blow over and not release anything. Looking forward to seeing whatever they'll be releasing.

oh: link.

Yaya

Smash Champion
By the way, how the hell is YYZ gonna work?

Singer better be singing along to the guitar.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
Only guitar, bass and drums can play YYZ. If you're doing vocals by yourself, or there's a singer in your band, you can't select the song.

Yaya

Smash Champion
That's kinda harsh, Vocalists are gonna be booted out of groups because the other 3 people wanna play YYZ.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
Big day for Rock Band today, with the news of the six albums, as well as the 20 free DLC songs being leaked from PAX. Keep in mind, there's really no proof to the leak, but the guy who posted it on Harmonix's Rock Band forums swears it to be true:

1. Honest Bob and the Factory-to-Dealer Incentives - Tatooine
2. Against Me! - Stop!
3. Static-X - Push It
4. George Thorogood - Bad to the Bone
5. Blink 182 - Dammit
6. Free - All Right Now
7. Dead Kennedys - Holiday in Cambodia
8. Hot Hot Heat - Bandages
9. Bad Religion - Suffer
10. Turbonegro - All My Friends Are Dead
11. The Haunted - Shadow World
12. Pennywise - The Western World
13. Rancid - Fall Back Down
14. Sublime - Santeria
15. Taking Back Sunday - What's It Feel Like To Be A Ghost
16. The Breeders - Cannonball
17. Sepultura - Refuse/Resist
18. Queens of the Stone Age - No One Knows
19. The Killers - Somebody Told Me
20. Harvey Danger - Cream and *******s Rise

It's funny, most of these tracks are off the second set list when we had two Rock Band 2 setlists floating around. Believable? Definitely.

Yaya

Smash Champion
God I really hope the Harvey Danger song is replaced by Flagpole Sitta.

That's their only good song.

Plus. Megadeth Album = Best Game Ever

Wrath`

Smash Master
W00t, peace sells.....But who's buying album, sweetness. Wake up dead wont be much fun for the singer, not very much too sing in that song.

Also, will they include megadeth's cover of " I ain't superstitious"? or will they need wille dixons permison too?

I wonder how many of harmonix's gh/gh2 songs they'll do over again, they have "carry on wayward sun" and if they add "no one knows"+ the other ones I can't think of now.

Mabey eventualy all of gh/gh2 song will make it too RB/RB2

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
Seeing as GH2 had an awesome setlist, I don't mind seeing songs returning. I was really happy to download the War Pigs cover when it was released and am looking forward to playing Ace of Spades, Carry On My Wayward Son, YYZ and Monkey Wrench as a full band. Would also love to see Hangar 18, Dead!, Possum Kingdom, Sweet Child O' Mine, Woman, The Trooper, Jessica, Free Bird, Elephant Bones, Stellar, Infected and some other GH2 songs. The thing is, Harmonix knows that GH2 had a killer setlist, so I wouldn't be surprised at all to see them release these songs.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
hemightbegiant - I'm looking forward to Nothing's Shocking. I really enjoy Summertime Rolls.

DLC for next week:

PAX Pack
The Darkest of the Hillside Thickets - "Shhh..."
Jonathan Coulton - "Skullcrusher Mountain"
MC Frontalot - "Livin' at the Corner of Dude and Catastrophe"

Offspring Pack 01
"Pretty Fly"
"Gone Away"
"Self Esteem"

The PAX Pack is supposedly $3 (240 Microsoft Points), but I haven't seen anything about the Offspring Pack price.

Very happy to see more Jonathon Coulton.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
Word on the street is that the Offspring pack won't actually be releasing this week. The source for these DLC packs were advertisements on the Xbox Live dashboard, which Harmonix is saying were wrong. They went on to say that they'll be announcing the real DLC after their keynote tomorrow at PAX.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
And it was confirmed at 2:30, during their keynote at PAX. Only the PAX Pack will be released next week. Althought I would love be playing some Offspring next week, I'm fine with just the PAX Pack. Jonathon Coulton's song is great and the MC Frontalot song will be Rock Band's first hip hop song (unless you count the Beastie Boys). Apparently the reason I couldn't find the last song is because it's unreleased in any other form.

They also talked about the "Steel Bladder" achievement/trophy at PAX, which will be awarded if you can play through the entire Endless Setlist without pausing the game. Uh oh!

Yaya

Smash Champion
Meh, I could pull that achievement off no prob, I went 800 km without taking a leak when going to my Uncle's one trip.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
They also talked about the "Steel Bladder" achievement/trophy at PAX, which will be awarded if you can play through the entire Endless Setlist without pausing the game. Uh oh!
What the ****!? It'll take all my friends, a lot of patience, and no drinking the day before, but I think we can do it.

Speaking of which, one friend of mine challenged me to make a better 80 song Rock Band song list while he makes a Guitar Hero song list, and a neutral friend will judge it. Even if I lose, I'll win in the end, mark my words.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
Keep in mind, there's really no proof to the leak, but the guy who posted it on Harmonix's Rock Band forums swears it to be true:

1. Honest Bob and the Factory-to-Dealer Incentives - Tatooine
2. Against Me! - Stop!
3. Static-X - Push It
4. George Thorogood - Bad to the Bone
5. Blink 182 - Dammit
6. Free - All Right Now
7. Dead Kennedys - Holiday in Cambodia
8. Hot Hot Heat - Bandages
9. Bad Religion - Suffer
10. Turbonegro - All My Friends Are Dead
11. The Haunted - Shadow World
12. Pennywise - The Western World
13. Rancid - Fall Back Down
14. Sublime - Santeria
15. Taking Back Sunday - What's It Feel Like To Be A Ghost
16. The Breeders - Cannonball
17. Sepultura - Refuse/Resist
18. Queens of the Stone Age - No One Knows
19. The Killers - Somebody Told Me
20. Harvey Danger - Cream and *******s Rise

It's funny, most of these tracks are off the second set list when we had two Rock Band 2 setlists floating around. Believable? Definitely.
I hope nobody got too excited about any of these, as the guy who originally posted the list on Rock Band's forums has come forward to say he made the thing up using lists of rumored and heavily requested songs. High five me for noticing a lot of the songs were off the second list in that Kotaku link.

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
80+ songs without an accedental slip of the hand on guitar, somebody sitting on the mic controller, or the drummer hitting the guide button? That's going to be frustrating as hell.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
I love that we can delete tracks we don't want. I'm glad, but surprised, to see Enter Sandman gone. I'll miss Run to the Hills and Paranoid on the other hand. But uh, how in the hell did Aerosmith make the transfer?

And apparently there's more ACDC songs on the way, as a screenshot from the blog of The Darkest of the Hillside Thickets shows "Shoot to Thrill (Live at Doningto...)" on the song selection list. Though we all know how those screens work out. When something like that leaks, we usually never end up seeing the song. >:C

Wrath`

Smash Master
Ok so, GH metallica gets sandman, GHWT gets Ozzy's songs

But run to the hills? is it secretly on GHWT? or is Iorn Maiden beign like led zepplin now.

lol aerosmith makes it.....

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
**** yeah, choosing what songs come over is awesome. No more FOB, no more Killers, no more Coheed and Cambria, no more Jet, no more bad covers, no more Hole, and thank god, no more of my brother's friend wanting to play Enter Sandman again and again and again(we seriously did it five times in a row).

KirbyForAll

Smash Apprentice
I personally liked Coheed and Cambria in rock band.

But then again, I liked the Weezer songs too...

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Seriously, what did you expect from the Wii version where one of the biggest features of the game is Down loadable Content every week?

M.K

Level 55
Someone told me that you are able to take songs from your Ipod and transfer them over into Rock Band 2. Is this true?

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
No. Harmonix does have a game like that called Phase, reads your files and makes a pattern game based on the music for your iPod, and they said may want to implement it into a future Rock Band game, it's not happening with this one.

Besides, Audiosurf > Phase.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Rock Band for the wii was an insult. I'm very sceptical of Rock Band 2
You should be, if you plan on getting it for the Wii.

I bought an Xbox 360 SPECIFICALLY because the Wii version of Rock Band was going to be gimped to hell. If you really want the game badly enough, I would suggest doing the same. If you don't have the money, then I would still advise against buying the Wii version. I don't think it'll be worth your money.

Top Bottom