• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rock Band 2

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
That and you can't just nonchalantly say "other than DLC". For a game like this - When the other consoles are getting three or more new songs on a weekly basis and Wii owners are stuck with the same setlist forever, it's a big deal.
Actually, it isn't that big a deal, because we don't even have a ****ing release date for it, and yet the sequel already has a release date for the US.

Honestly, screw em.

SU_Remo

Remo Knows
Actually, it isn't that big a deal, because we don't even have a ****ing release date for it, and yet the sequel already has a release date for the US.

Honestly, screw em.
Oh... well, that sucks for you, but it really doesn't affect me or my judgment calls I make toward these issues. I have no idea why you guys can't get the games that are available to us months prior. It's not fair and I hope that can change for you guys eventually. But, it doesn't have any direct consequence on me or the other three hundred million in the US. So, I guess I can't really take it into account.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
It has to do with the fact that he's in the PAL region, and they are notoriously slow for converting games. Seriously, don't be surprised if we see Rock Band 3 before he gets Rock Band 2.

Mic, why don't you just import by this point?

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Son of a *****!

Redcell, rejoice:
Also, an IGN Insider interview (transcript provided by reader Max) let slip that buyers of Rock Band 2 will have access to all of the songs off the original Rock Band disc, available as free DLC. Full details on both after the jump.
Well, that's ****ing awesome.

Also, Cashed's setlist is in question:
http://kotaku.com/397936/rumor-dueling-rock-band-2-tracklists

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
That's definetly a VERY sexy setlist. As for KingREmo, GH:WT really has nothing RB doesn't besides create a song, which RB will probably have in some form anyway- though I couldn't care less.

****, I'll probably wind up with over 250 songs by this time next year.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
With DLC, I have 101 tracks in Rock Band 1. Since Rock Band two allows all that DLC + Rock Band 1 tracks, I'll have between 181 and if the rumors of the 120 track list is confirmed, 221 at launch. Nice!

One thing I am hoping for RB 2 - Endless Setlist allows you to add DLC.

Overload

Smash Lord
I played the first one for the first time saturday. I hopped on the drums and started on hard no problem.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Still not a selling point to convince me to buy a whole new drumset. I mean I don't move around with my drumset.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
"Alabama Getaway" - The Grateful Dead
"Aqualung" - Jethro Tull
"Bodhisatva" - Steely Dan
"Holiday In Cambodia" - Dead Kennedys
"I Was Wrong" - Social Distortion
"Lump" - The Presidents of the United States of America
"Man In The Box" - Alice In Chains
"Mountain Song" - Jane's Addiction
"One Way Or Another" - Blondie
"Pinball Wizard" - The Who
"Psycho Killer" - Talking Heads
"Pump It Up" - Elvis Costello
"Tangles Up In Blue" - Bob Dylan
"The Ace of Spades" - Motorhead
If these, especially Tangled Up In Blue are in Rock Band, I will **** my pants and nerdgasm at the same time.

Any news on the "put your own songs in" deal? I remeber when it was first announced for that is was possible for Rock Band 2, we all went crazy over here. If that gets confirmed, Television, Dinosaur Jr., The Replacements, Mudhoney, Primus, Slint, They Might Be Giants, Patti Smith, Sonic Youth, and many more overlooked bands in favor of stuff like Survivor and Bon Jovi(no offense guys) will have their time to shine on my 360. And then, to YouTube...

Honestly, screw em.
Oh ****.

SU_Remo

Remo Knows
Any news on the "put your own songs in" deal? I remeber when it was first announced for that is was possible for Rock Band 2, we all went crazy over here. If that gets confirmed, Television, Dinosaur Jr., The Replacements, Mudhoney, Primus, Slint, They Might Be Giants, Patti Smith, Sonic Youth, and many more overlooked bands in favor of stuff like Survivor and Bon Jovi(no offense guys) will have their time to shine on my 360. And then, to YouTube
Huh? Was this ever confirmed for RB2? In the IGN article after it's announcement, they said specifically that they won't be having any features like that. It's too bad.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Huh? Was this ever confirmed for RB2? In the IGN article after it's announcement, they said specifically that they won't be having any features like that. It's too bad.
It was never confirmed, but Harmonix stated that it was possible to upload mp3's on the 360 and have a note chart based on the song, similar to their game Audiosurf on the computer. Instead of the entire song, it would make notes for each identified instrument.

Oh well, would have been amazing to see, but I would still expect a lot of bugs/inaccuracy in it.

SU_Remo

Remo Knows
Ah, oh. I must've missed that one. Well, yeah. It'd be kinda neat, but I can't see them including something so shabby in such a huge title. Oh well, 'hope GH4's song creator works out nicely. Seems like that's the closest we'll get in that department.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Keep in mind, Harmonix made the program that does that. I believe it's called Phrase, but it plots out whole songs instantaneously. Not saying that confirms anything at all.

SU_Remo

Remo Knows

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Eh. It looks like their attempt to get a more realistic drumset. It's a game. Sure, the drumming aspect is much more realistic than the guitar aspect, but it's still a game in the end.

I do like how the cymbals all mirror other colors of pads, just like how the guitar had the upper and lower notes on the fretboard.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
It's interesting, allows for variety in where you're moving your hands. I like.
I also like how RB2 has Chop Suey, White wedding, and Pinball Wizard. I'm very happy that my roommate has RB1, I'll definitely be getting this. (prolly game only to save cost).

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
I guess I'll flip a coin on GH4 vs RB2.

I like the GH difficulty, because i broke my pinky and ring fingers on my left hand and could still manage hard in rockband, and there's no way that should happen.

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
Just so there's no confusion- THESE are the drums that will come with the bundle of Rock Band 2:

The photo previewed before is of a drumset by ION who have very limited experience with electronic drumsets- as they have only made two before and both are rated very lowly by real drummers. The ION drumset will cost 300 dollars and will likely be riddled with problems. That being said- it looks super badass, and if it works good that's awesome. As for me, if I do end up getting another drumset, I'll just buy cymbols for the drums in the picture I posted. I have no intention of learning real drums, and I'm assuming that's what the majority of the 300 bucks is paying for- so no thanks.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
Alright. Go here and watch the gameplay reveal. First thing I noticed, the game runs SMOOTH. The original Rock Band has occasional hitches, especially when the lighting gets really crazy on some of the venues. Second thing I noticed was how the animations look even better than they did before, too. Next, the awesome cut-out visual effect is SO GOD **** AWESOME. Did I mention it was AWESOME? Oh, and the venues look pretty dang sweet too. Seeing the Bomber in the background towards the end of the video was pretty neat.

Must have now.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
Official set list:

1. AC/DC Let There Be Rock
2. AFI Girl's Gone Grey
3. Alanis Morissette You Oughta Know
4. Alice in Chains Man in the Box
5. Allman Brothers Ramblin' Man
6. Avenged Sevenfold Almost Easy
7. Bad Company Shooting Star
8. Beastie Boys So Whatcha Want
9. Beck E-Pro
10. Bikini Kill Rebel Girl
11. Billy Idol White Wedding Pt. I
12. Blondie One Way or Another
13. Bob Dylan Tangled Up in Blue
14. Bon Jovi Livin' on a Prayer
15. Cheap Trick Hello There
16. Devo Uncontrollable Urge
17. Dinosaur Jr. Feel the Pain
18. Disturbed Down with the Sickness
19. Dream Theater Panic Attack
20. Duran Duran Hungry Like the Wolf
21. Elvis Costello Pump It Up
22. Fleetwood Mac Go Your Own Way
23. Foo Fighters Everlong
24. Guns N' Roses Shackler's Revenge
25. Interpol PDA
26. Jane's Addiction Mountain Song
27. Jethro Tull Aqualung
28. Jimmy Eat World The Middle
29. Joan Jett Bad Reputation
30. Journey Anyway You Want It
31. Judas Priest Painkiller
32. Kansas Carry On Wayward Son
33. L7 Pretend We're Dead
34. Lacuna Coil Our Truth
35. Linkin Park One Step Closer
36. Lit My Own Worst Enemy
37. Lush De-Luxe
38. Mastodon Colony of Birchmen
39. Megadeth Peace Sells
40. Metallica Battery
41. Mighty Mighty Bosstones Where'd You Go
42. Modest Mouse Float On
43. Motorhead Ace of Spades
44. Nirvana Drain You
45. Norman Greenbaum Spirit in the Sky
46. Panic at the Disco Nine in the Afternoon
47. Paramore That's What You Get
48. Pearl Jam Alive
49. Presidents of the USA
50. Rage Against the Machine Testify
51. Ratt Round & Round
52. Red Hot Chili Peppers Give it Away
53. Rise Against Give it All
54. Rush The Trees
55. Silversun Pickups Lazy Eye
56. Smashing Pumpkins Today
57. Social Distortion I Was Wrong
58. Sonic Youth Teenage Riot
59. Soundgarden Spoonman
60. Squeeze Cool for Cats
61. Steely Dan Bodhitsattya
62. Steve Miller Band Rock'n Me
63. Survivor Eye of the Tiger
64. System of a Down Chop Suey
65. Talking Heads Psycho Killer
66. Tenacious D Master Exploder
67. Testament Souls of Black
68. The Donnas New Kid in School
69. The Go-Go's We Got the Beat
70. The Grateful Dead Alabama Getaway
71. The Guess Who American Woman
72. The Muffs Kids in America
73. The Offspring Come Out & Play (Keep 'em Separated)
74. The Replacements Alex Chilton
75. The Who Pinball Wizard

Bonus Tracks:

76. Abnormality Visions
77. Anarchy Club Get Clean
78. Bang Camaro Night Lies
79. Breaking Wheel Shoulder to the Plow
80. The Libyans Neighborhood
81. The Main Drag A Jagged Gorgeous Winter
82. Speck Conventional Lover
83. The Sterns Supreme Girl
84. That Handsome Devil Rob the Prez-O-Dent

There's more! Harmonix wanted to ship the game out with over 100 tracks, but couldn't get them all together in time for release in September (so maybe PS3 owners and such will get them on the disc), so they will be releasing an additional 20 tracks (all masters, just like on the disc), for free for download.

And it's finally official, if you own Rock Band on the 360 or PS3 and your system has a harddrive, you can export the songs off of the disc onto your harddrive and play them in Rock Band 2.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
This is amazing. We'll be starting with like 170 songs.

Also, Jimmy Eat World? Rise Against? Judas Priest? **** yeah.

Though I don't exactly approve of Panic at the Disco -_-'

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
I will have to buy two copies because I will **** the **** out of the first copy.

In all seriousness, this is pretty awesome.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
Actually, to be honest, they have good taste in bands for the most part, but they picked some really weird songs for a lot. Like Battery? Down with the sickness? I don't even know why DwtS is popular, it's one of their worst songs. Stricken for Gh3 is a much better choice. I would have liked to play Guarded or 10000 Fists. Like half the songs it seems like they picked a good band, and thought, well we have to have weird or less played songs. The problem is alot of those songs are less played for a reason, namely that they are worse than other songs the band has. It seems to me like the number of good songs is equal to or less than the ones in RB1, unless the 20 they release for free DLC are all quality.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
I assumed they would put obscure songs by popular bands on the disc with the intention of making their more popular songs as DLC.

I mean I love Mighty Mighty Bosstones, so if they put the two songs I really like by them, "Royal Oil" and "Impression that I get," I'd have little incentive to buy the DLC for songs I do not know.

That's my logic behind some of their choices.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
That makes sense from a business standpoint, but I'm not exactly happy with it.

Jeez, Give it All from Rise Against? They could have made a dartboard of "The Sufferer and the Witness" songs and gotten a better pick than that. I'll still be getting this, but only because my roommate has RB1 equipment already. There are good songs on that list, but not enough if i was actually buying the full package.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Official set list:

4. Alice in Chains Man in the Box

9. Beck E-Pro

11. Billy Idol White Wedding Pt. I
12. Blondie One Way or Another
13. Bob Dylan Tangled Up in Blue

16. Devo Uncontrollable Urge
17. Dinosaur Jr. Feel the Pain

21. Elvis Costello Pump It Up

26. Jane's Addiction Mountain Song
27. Jethro Tull Aqualung

31. Judas Priest Painkiller

43. Motorhead Ace of Spades

49. Presidents of the USA

52. Red Hot Chili Peppers Give it Away

56. Smashing Pumpkins Today
57. Social Distortion I Was Wrong
58. Sonic Youth Teenage Riot
59. Soundgarden Spoonman

61. Steely Dan Bodhitsattya

64. System of a Down Chop Suey
65. Talking Heads Psycho Killer

70. The Grateful Dead Alabama Getaway

74. The Replacements Alex Chilton
75. The Who Pinball Wizard
SWEET! Dinosaur Jr., The Replacements, Sonic Youth, Bob Dylan, Soundgarden, Talking Heads, and so much more. Epic win.

There's more! Harmonix wanted to ship the game out with over 100 tracks, but couldn't get them all together in time for release in September (so maybe PS3 owners and such will get them on the disc), so they will be releasing an additional 20 tracks (all masters, just like on the disc), for free for download.

And it's finally official, if you own Rock Band on the 360 or PS3 and your system has a harddrive, you can export the songs off of the disc onto your harddrive and play them in Rock Band 2.
Epicer Win.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
Being a huge Modest Mouse fan, I'm disappointed with Float On being the chosen one, but see why, it was their most popular song to the mainstream.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
Would've picked Dashboard over anything. It's another one of their songs that was made for the radio, just like Float On, but it features better guitar, drums, bass and vocals. After that I'd go for The View, Tiny Cities Made of Ashes, Trailer Trash or Summer.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
Agreed on Tiny Cities Made of Ashes and The View. Black Cadillacs might be good too.

Also, PDA was an interesting choice from Interpol. I'm surprised they didn't go with Heinrich Maneuver, Slow Hands, or Evil.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
After getting the Who this week, my Day 1 total of songs equals 213 songs. Wow. I hope we can do an endless setlist with all that music.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
Agreed on Tiny Cities Made of Ashes and The View. Black Cadillacs might be good too.

Also, PDA was an interesting choice from Interpol. I'm surprised they didn't go with Heinrich Maneuver, Slow Hands, or Evil.
Black Cadillacs would be awesome except how censored it would undoubtedly end up.

I was surprised on the Interpol choice as well, Slow Hands seems like THE Interpol song when I try to think of one.

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
Good news Mic and other aussies:

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/895/895026p1.html

Australia, July 29, 2008 - It's been a hell of a long time coming since the 20 November 2007 US release of Rock Band but it finally looks like we have a release date for Australia. We talked today to a source at retail who said the game would be shipping 16 October 2008.
Probably too late, I know. I can't argue that it's sick how long they kept you waiting.

Top Bottom