• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rock Band 2

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
I think the hardest songs for me so far have been Battery and Painkiller. DARN YOU JUDAS PRIEST AND YOUR MADSKILLS.

I was also sorta surprised at how difficult Everlong is, despite the song itself being enjoyable to listen to. Sometimes being the drummer is a tough job... :urg:

Meleeruler

BRoomer
BRoomer
Painkiller would have been easier if they charted it for either 2 feet or 1 foot. They seemed to have charted it for 1.5 feet, which makes it ********.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
The Killers 3 Pack

* "Mr. Brightside"
* "Smile Like You Mean It"
* "Spaceman"

Yngwie Malmsteen 3 Pack

* "Caprici Di Diablo"
* "Damnation Game"
* "Red Devil"

Individual songs:

* "Jesus Christ Pose" - Soundgarden
* "Pretty Noose" - Soundgarden
* "Laid to Rest" - Lamb of God

So. Yngwie Malmsteem. I'm going to get those songs, and I never plan on passing them without "No Fail" enabled.

Also getting the Killers pack and Pretty Noose by Soundgarden.

LinkStrifeLeonhart

Smash Cadet
As I suspected, Mission of Burma and Dead Kennedys are a blast to play.
I am still currently trying to figure out the best guitar effect to use while playing the DK songs.

Hopefully the Malmsteen songs will stop all the "GH guitar is harder than RB guitar lolololol" comments.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
If you've seen videos of Guitar Hero Vs Rock Band songs, Guitar Hero actually uses easier charting (World Tour that is). Ask Cashed to talk about, I think it was, "Lazy something." He'll rant for days.

LinkStrifeLeonhart

Smash Cadet
If you've seen videos of Guitar Hero Vs Rock Band songs, Guitar Hero actually uses easier charting (World Tour that is). Ask Cashed to talk about, I think it was, "Lazy something." He'll rant for days.
Sometimes the actual truth doesn't stop people from spouting off nonsense. I know some people that still think RB copied GH.

Definitely looking forward to those Killers tracks. Singing Mr. Brightside will be greatness.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
As far as the RB copying GH thing, I think we can agree GH:WT has countered back just as much.

And I'm definitely looking forward to the killers.

"Open up my eager eeeeeyyyyyeeees,
'Cause I'm Mr. Briiiightside!"

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
As far as the RB copying GH thing, I think we can agree GH:WT has countered back just as much.

And I'm definitely looking forward to the killers.

"Open up my eager eeeeeyyyyyeeees,
'Cause I'm Mr. Briiiightside!"
GH was created by the people who made Rock Band. Rock Band did nothing to copy Guitar Hero, they just continued the evolution of their product.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Do you think I am ******** or something?

I understand the whole Harmonix Activision RedOcatane MTV situation.
Gee, jumpy much?

Based on your post, it seems like you didn't understand the situation. The way you worded your first sentence implies that you were conceding that Rock Band copied Guitar Hero. It makes sense that someone would try to correct you on that.

If you know that Rock Band is not guilty of any kind of copying whatsoever, then what exactly were you trying to get at with that "as far as the RB copying GH thing, I think we can agree GH:WT has countered back just as much," line?

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
Just noting the similarity from a peripheral stance of both games from a purely superficial view.

I just wanted to stir the pot a little.

It's just so boring here these days....

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
There hasn't been an update in quite a while. You may have hit the maximum amount of auto-updates you can have downloaded onto your 360, in which case your system will randomly delete updates from games to make room for others. A good remedy is to clear all of those system updates off your console by going to memory, clicking Y on your harddrive, and then pressing X, X, LB, RB, X, X. The console will ask you if you'd like to perform maintenance, say yes. So all your updates are now gone, this is good because all those super old games from 2005, 2006, blah blah, you won't have taking up update slots on your 360's memory. You'll have to redownload all the updates for games you currently play, but it's a lot less annoying than every time you sign on being prompted to update your game when it isn't necessary.

In other news, woot, Fratellis 3-pack on Tuesday! Flathead, Henrietta and Creepin' Up the Backstairs.

Mith_

Smash Champion
Umm... Guitar Hero WT is better than Rockband 2 imo
I personally thought World Tour was garbage compared to Rock Band and Rock Band 2. But my opinion is kinda flawed, because I don't play guitar or drums on either. I hated the way the lyrics went by on WT.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
GHWT pwns rb2 on guitar/bass, However I still think rb's drums are better and that is solely because of the whole fill doing thing.
I don't understand this. I understand how you can have a preference on the drums (not just due to fills; the accessory itself is also a factor), but what complaint could you have about guitar and bass in RB2? It's the exact same set-up as GH. Do you just prefer circles that much more to dashes?

hectichobo

Smash Ace
I don't understand this. I understand how you can have a preference on the drums (not just due to fills; the accessory itself is also a factor), but what complaint could you have about guitar and bass in RB2? It's the exact same set-up as GH. Do you just prefer circles that much more to dashes?
The guitar and bass are to loud when it comes down to pressing the buttons, unlike Guitar Hero's loud strum bar. If you started music games with Guitar Hero you're likely to like the loud strum bar, because it helps to keep the beat of the song because you press it for every note. Also it has wah-wah.

Wrath`

Smash Master
The guitar and bass are to loud when it comes down to pressing the buttons, unlike Guitar Hero's loud strum bar. If you started music games with Guitar Hero you're likely to like the loud strum bar, because it helps to keep the beat of the song because you press it for every note. Also it has wah-wah.
I started of with G-hero, and I do not like the loud strum bar, it throws me off somtimes.

Preferences are prefrences tho,

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
... but the instruments aren't as good.
False! The Rock Band 2 guitars and microphones are just as reliable and sturdy as the Guitar Hero guitars and microphones. Rock Band 2's drums are actually more reliable than Guitar Hero's.

VariableGear

Smash Rookie
It depends on what you're looking for. Some people like the click of the Guitar Hero: World Tour guitar's strum bar, while others prefer the more quiet nature of the Rock Band 2 guitar. People also have different preferences when it comes to the fret buttons. I like the way Harmonix sets up their fret buttons, but I understand why people could be more comfortable with the Guitar Hero fret buttons, especially if they have been playing the series from the beginning. I really dislike the Guitar Hero: World Tour drums, and I'm interested in getting the Rock Band 2 drums, but I haven't made my purchase yet. I don't know why that is.

Also, the Grateful Dead DLC is awesome. :)

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
False! The Rock Band 2 guitars and microphones are just as reliable and sturdy as the Guitar Hero guitars and microphones. Rock Band 2's drums are actually more reliable than Guitar Hero's.
My problem is the fret buttons on rock band and the original's strum bar. Other than that, rb ftw. If I could switch the necks, there would be no problem...

wait, maybe I should make a mod like that... mmm...

Top Bottom