• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rock Band 2

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
DLC for next week is another album. This time, Red Hot Chili Peppers.

Blood Sugar Sex Magik

The Power of Equality
If You Have to Ask
Breaking the Girl
Funky Monks
Suck My Kiss
I Could Have Lied
Mellowship Slinky in B Major
The Righteous & The Wicked
Blood Sugar Sex Magik
Under the Bridge
Naked in the Rain
Apache Rose Peacock
The Greeting Song
My Lovely Man
Sir Psycho Sexy
They're Red Hot

Price of admission is $20, or 1600 Microsoft Points.
Wow, I payed half of that for a REAL copy of the CD :laugh:

Getting Mellowhip, Under The Bridge, and/or Sir Psycho Sexy if I can only download a few. Glad they're getting some of their old mainstream stuff (still haven't touched anything from the 80's, but whatever) instead of making Stadium Arcadium or some **** like that DLC. My brother downloaded "Snow (Hey Oh)" when we first got Rock Band 2 and set it up with DLC wheile I was in the bathroom. I told him to wait, but he did it anyway (likely he new I would never let him download that with my points) :/

Symphony X

Smash Lord
DLC for next week is another album. This time, Red Hot Chili Peppers.

Blood Sugar Sex Magik

The Power of Equality
If You Have to Ask
Breaking the Girl
Funky Monks
Suck My Kiss
I Could Have Lied
Mellowship Slinky in B Major
The Righteous & The Wicked
Blood Sugar Sex Magik
Under the Bridge
Naked in the Rain
Apache Rose Peacock
The Greeting Song
My Lovely Man
Sir Psycho Sexy
They're Red Hot

Price of admission is $20, or 1600 Microsoft Points.
Yay, Yay, Yay. And again, yay. Although RHCP tends to be tedious and boring on the drums.

Wow, I payed half of that for a REAL copy of the CD :laugh:

Getting Mellowhip, Under The Bridge, and/or Sir Psycho Sexy if I can only download a few. Glad they're getting some of their old mainstream stuff (still haven't touched anything from the 80's, but whatever) instead of making Stadium Arcadium or some **** like that DLC. My brother downloaded "Snow (Hey Oh)" when we first got Rock Band 2 and set it up with DLC wheile I was in the bathroom. I told him to wait, but he did it anyway (likely he new I would never let him download that with my points) :/
Californication would be my pick. Even though it was more recent, it's still my favorite album.

Oldie BR will likely never find its way to RB, but I'd hope for something from Suffer, No Control, or Against the Grain. Or, even better, the live version of Generator.
Old Bad Religion is already in the game. Shooting Star.

Oh, and be forewarned, Sorrow gets stuck in your head like a mother****.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Californication was the last really awesome RHCP album. They've had a few good songs on overall disappointing albums, but aside from Dani California and its fun music video, I couldn't care less about Stadium Arcadium, especially Snow.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Wait, I just realized, what's the point in getting Sir Psycho sexy if, literally, about a fourth of the song's lyrics are going to be censored? Most annoying vocal track ever?

Shame, really awesome song, the best on the CD. Here's hoping they get Behind the Sun or Love Rollercoaster as DLC.

Puddin

Smash Lord
Now if only they would put songs I actually like and artists I actually know on the online store.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
Guitar Hero 4's coming out in a few months, which has everything Rock Band 2 has and more. The most important things are the wii version doesn't suck, actually supporting DLC, and also having a custom song maker. Don't feel like recreaeting your favorite song? Download it off the internet. The drums also aren't so obnoxious making ridiculous amounts of noise. Guitar Hero also isn't so pathetically easy.

*Goes to replay raining blood hard*

Symphony X

Smash Lord
Guitar Hero 4's coming out in a few months, which has everything Rock Band 2 has and more. The most important things are the wii version doesn't suck, actually supporting DLC, and also having a custom song maker. Don't feel like recreaeting your favorite song? Download it off the internet. The drums also aren't so obnoxious making ridiculous amounts of noise. Guitar Hero also isn't so pathetically easy.

*Goes to replay raining blood hard*
Please be trolling? I'm so sick of Guitar Hero bandwagoners with their arguments they steal from intelligent people.

FYI?
The song creator is gonna suck.
We have a GH thread. Go there.

The Executive

Smash Lord
Within the confines of my mortal shell in T-Town.
Old Bad Religion is already in the game. Shooting Star.
That would be Bad Company. Trust me, I know all the BR songs there are to know and Shooting Star is not among them (although they have done covers of stuff like Louie Louie and Johnny B. Goode that you can find on bootlegs).

Oh, and be forewarned, Sorrow gets stuck in your head like a mother****.
I fixed that two years ago. I'm fine now. Too much Smash/Ixnay stuck in my head right now (by the way, either of those albums would make for great Offspring DLC. RB desperately needs more punk).

Symphony X

Smash Lord
That would be Bad Company. Trust me, I know all the BR songs there are to know and Shooting Star is not among them (although they have done covers of stuff like Louie Louie and Johnny B. Goode that you can find on bootlegs).
Ahah. I completely didn't catch that in my head. My bad. I need to pay attention.

I fixed that two years ago. I'm fine now. Too much Smash/Ixnay stuck in my head right now (by the way, either of those albums would make for great Offspring DLC. RB desperately needs more punk).[/QUOTE]

I'm not a big fan of punk. But there are some out there I like. Like Bad Religion, and if you consider Goldfinger punk. Then Goldfinger.

Puddin

Smash Lord
I'm still trying to decide wether or not to buy the new silent Drum Kit. I'm perfectly satisfied with my current (fake) instruments so I obviously won't be buying the $200 bundle kit, rather just the game itself. But I might buy the new drum kit because I'd rather hear the song and not my drums.

Now my only question is how much they will cost individually, and when they will be sold individually.

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
They are already being sold individually for I wanna say 70, maybe 80 bucks.

Symphony X

Smash Lord
Me neither, but I'm a huge fan of BR, Offspring, and Flogging Molly. Goldfinger is good too, though I haven't heard much from them besides the Luftballons cover and a few other tracks.
Huh. I didn't consider Flogging Molly punk either. Maybe I like it more than I think. I love Flogging Molly and the Offspring as well. I have Goldfinger's greatest hits album.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
I loved Goldfinger ever since I heard Superman in Tony Hawk's Pro Skater on the N64 (you know, one of the good ones). The best band I learned about from that game was Suicide Machines.

That reminds me of the RB 2/GH:WT setlist challenge I did with my friend a while ago. While I technically lost, I was the real victor when it came to the music choices.

Yaya

Smash Champion
I would love to post discussion on this thread but I don't have a 360.

Drummers Beware:

You WILL Get ***** by They're Red Hot

YOU
WILL
GET

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
Rock Band 2 thread! Don't die on me ****it!
Live!
Live!
LIIIIIIIVE!

Any other drummers out there?
Yeah. Drummings probably my favorite part of Rock Band. And Chop Suey is undoubtedly my favorite new drum song.

Symphony X

Smash Lord
Yeah. Drummings probably my favorite part of Rock Band. And Chop Suey is undoubtedly my favorite new drum song.
Really? I didn't much enjoy it. I think. I can't remember. One of my new favorites is Hungry Like the Wolf. It's a song I actually enjoy that doesn't **** my arms. Unlike all the metal songs save for Shockwave.

At guy about They're Red Hot:

It's not that hard. Just a tough sightread. If you practice it enough. Then yes.

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
The 88 - "Sons and Daughters"
Authority Zero - "No Regrets"
Between the Buried and Me - "Prequel To The Sequel"
The Cab - "Bounce"
The Chevelles - "Get It On"
The Cocktail Slippers - "Give It To Me"
Dealership - "Database Corrupted"
Endeverafter - "I Wanna Be Your Man"
The Ghost Hounds - "Ashes To Fire"
Hollywood Undead - "Young"
Kutless - "The Feeling"
The Len Price 3 - "If I Ain't Got You"
Lesley Roy - "I'm Gone, I'm Going"
Opiate for the Masses - "Burn You Down"
Semi-Precious Weapons - "Magnetic Baby"
Shaimus - "Like a Fool"
Thenewno2" - Crazy Tuesday"
Tickle Me Pink - "The Time Is Wrong"
Underoath - "Desperate Times, Desperate Measures"
X Japan - "I.V."

The twenty free songs coming this November.

And I don't fancy them much.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
I saw the list on the RB forums. I won't say it's underwhelming since I really had no idea what to expect from it, but there certainly aren't any songs that scream "MUST HAVE."

I'm a little surprised by the number of people on the RB forums that said they had never even heard of ANY of the bands on the list though. I mean, there are plenty there that I'm not familiar with but...Underoath? Between The Buried And Me? Hollywood Undead? Even if you don't like them, I expect people to at least know some of those bands.

At any rate, the song I'm currently most excited for would be "Desperate Times Desperate Measures". They could've picked a better Underoath song, but I understand why they went with that one. For most of the rest of the songs, I'll have to get to youtubing/myspacing later.

Not that this is a very urgent issue for me right now, since I don't even have RB2 yet....

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
I got the bundle on Sunday for PS3 since my microphone died Saturday night.

I LOVE the new drumset and guitar. The mic shoulda been wireless and have buttons.

The game itself is beyond amazing. Every good and awesome in Rock Band 1 is there but better.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Can't wait for this to come out for the Wii. As one of the people forced to buy the original for the Wii due to a little brother, I am very happy that they are actually putting effort into it.

The original for Wii had no world tour mode, or even a character selector. The BG was just premade videos at aboiut a little better than youtube quality, and there was no online.

Good thing RB2 will have all the stuff the other versions have, including ALL of the old DLC! woot.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
oh my god guys, the most epic bump ever.

New downloadable MASTER TRACKS

Dead Kennedys 01
California Uber Alles
Holiday in Cambodia
Police Truck

and the even MORE epic

Mission of Burma
Mica
That's How I Escaped My Certain Fate
and without a doubt one of the most EPIC songs of all time,
That's When I Reach For Me Revolver!

****ING EPIC

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
Yes.

And zomg, Killers pack on the 25th. Guitar Hero is getting a Killers pack the same day, too.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
I do really enjoy the Hollywood Undead song... it's the only song that is keeping me from deleting the monstrous 500+MB file that is the 20 Free DLC pack.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Yes.

And zomg, Killers pack on the 25th. Guitar Hero is getting a Killers pack the same day, too.
Are you saying that you actually expected to put up a song someone knows or enjoys as Downloadable content? I've learned better by now.
What, did everyone just miss my post or something?

I'll say it again:

****ing Mission of Burma and Dead Kennedys!

Top Bottom