• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rock Band 2

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
If Nickelback or Creed EVER made it into Rock Band Or Guitar Hero, I would never buy that franchise again.

Yaya

Smash Champion
I think Painkiller is the one that's like Run to the Hills, it's t he harder of the two but it's a bit repetitve.

We had the same deal with WGFA and RttH.

Wrath`

Smash Master
@the hammer on chords, well in my opinion, it would seem like it actualy simulates two strings be hamered on, not an actual chord(mabey I am just being obvious)

I wonder if RB2 will fix previous tiering problemes,aka The Who songs bieng tiered too low.

Spire

III
BRoomer
If Nickelback or Creed EVER made it into Rock Band Or Guitar Hero, I would never buy that franchise again.
I love you.

But you forgot: Fallout Boy, My Chemical Romance, Breaking Benjamin, Hoobastank, Papa Roach, Staind, Good Charlotte, Simple Plan, and the list of horrible modern-day bands goes on and on and on...

We need Ween; we need Tomahawk; we need [more] Primus; we need Melvins; we need Alice Cooper, Queen, Bootsy Collins, Buckethead, more Rush and Faith No More; we need good music, man. Unfortunately, the great generic populace of people will get what is to be expected, with a few somewhat unexpected songs thrown in (Psycho Killer stood out far above the others on that setlist; Taking Heads are prime).

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
I love you.

But you forgot: Fallout Boy, My Chemical Romance, Breaking Benjamin, Hoobastank, Papa Roach, Staind, Good Charlotte, Simple Plan, and the list of horrible modern-day bands goes on and on and on...
Early Papa Roach stands out above those, although they are nothing special and too much of them gets **** annoying ****ed fast.

We need Ween; we need Tomahawk; we need [more] Primus; we need Melvins; we need Alice Cooper, Queen, Bootsy Collins, Buckethead, more Rush and Faith No More; we need good music, man.
And I thought you just stopped at Mr. Bungle :O (I was going to write five album reviews for the thread of the same name by hitting random, and Melvin's Stag was one. The Bit and Bar-x Rocking the M for Rock Band, plz).

Although Guitar Hero is the more obvious of the two, Rock Band is guilty of appealing to mainstream rock fans, more so with this Rock Band 2 than Rock Band 1 (we get some of the biggest hits of underground bands like the Replacements, Dinosaur Jr., Presidents of the United States of America, etc. and "classic rock radio station" hits for Elvis Costello and Jethro Tull).

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
I love you.

But you forgot: Fallout Boy....
Fall Out Boy's already made an appearance in Rock Band. Twice.

Also, hating on modern-day bands just because it's cool is...well, not cool.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero

Spire

III
BRoomer
Fall Out Boy's already made an appearance in Rock Band. Twice.

Also, hating on modern-day bands just because it's cool is...well, not cool.
I don't hate them because it's cool, I hate them because I've heard their music and it ****ing blows. I actually like a number of "modern-day" bands, but I was addressing all that I have heard and dislike.

As for Fallout Boy being in Rock Band, I don't own the game - played it many times - but I couldn't tell you the entire setlist (DLC non-inclusive) off the top of my head, so they didn't come to mind. It's a shame that they're in, as they are an incredibly terrible group.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
I don't hate them because it's cool, I hate them because I've heard their music and it ****ing blows. I actually like a number of "modern-day" bands, but I was addressing all that I have heard and dislike.
Fair enough. I have to say, that seems just a little bit fishy to me due to how different all those bands are from one another. But who am I to judge, right? Besides, there's really only one band in that list that I'd argue with you on, and even then, mostly just for one of their albums....

As for Fallout Boy being in Rock Band, I don't own the game - played it many times - but I couldn't tell you the entire setlist (DLC non-inclusive) off the top of my head, so they didn't come to mind. It's a shame that they're in, as they are an incredibly terrible group.
There's only one song of theirs right on the disk, and it's really not too distinct. I don't blame you for forgetting it.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
I said it's not cool to hate on bands just for being recent.

I didn't say Fall Out Boy were any good.
There's good modern music out there, I don't want to come off as someone who doesn't listen to anything except college/underground/whatever you wanna call 'em bands and music, just not stuff like Fallout Boy, My Chemical Romance, etc. Hell, Sparks, a band that formed late 60's early 70's, have been making music their entire career, and just this year released their best album of the 2000's!

Speaking of which, Sparks would be awesome in the game. I'd love to see people get owned at the vocals :p

Spire

III
BRoomer
There's good modern music out there, I don't want to come off as someone who doesn't listen to anything except college/underground/whatever you wanna call 'em bands and music, just not stuff like Fallout Boy, My Chemical Romance, etc. Hell, Sparks, a band that formed late 60's early 70's, have been making music their entire career, and just this year released their best album of the 2000's!

Speaking of which, Sparks would be awesome in the game. I'd love to see people get owned at the vocals :p
I want this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jt856_nRxQk direly in Rock Band or Guitar Hero. That's beautiful music right there.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Faith No More is just as terrible as all the modern day bands.
There's pre-Real Thing FNM, then post-Angel Dust FNM, where only a few songs survived Patton's hate for the band.

The Real Thing
and Angel Dust are the only two albums worth listening to in my opinion, as there's some great stuff on both (especially the latter).

Evidence, Star AD, Helpless, Last Cup of Sorrow, and Stripsearch are some of the songs that I feel keep King for a Day and Album of the Year from falling off the face of the planet, but the albums are pretty **** weak.

I could listen to Angel Dust from start to finish over and over, though.

Wrath`

Smash Master
I despise REM, I do not like them.

I wonder what songs will be on Madden 09'? cause thoese are rumered to be downlaodable for rb2.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
Madden 09 is already out.

Soundtrack (Bold = Already released as DLC):

Airbourne - Stand Up For Rock 'N Roll
Busta Rhymes feat. Linkin Park - We Made It
Disturbed - Inside The Fire
Franz Ferdinand - Lucid Dreams
From First To Last - Worlds Away
Gym Class Heroes - I'm Home
Hollywood Undead - Undead
In Flames - The Mirrors Truth
Innerpartysystem - Don't Stop
Izza Kizza - Millionaire
K'NAAN - ABC's
Kardinal Offishall feat. Lindo P - Burnt
Kidz In The Hall - Blackout
KOVAS - Wax On, Wax Off
Mindless Self Indulgence - Never Wanted To Dance
Rev Theory - Hell Yeah
Senses Fail - Wolves At The Door
Shinedown - Devour
The All-American Rejects - The Real World (Demo)
The Fashion - Like Knives
The Offspring - Hammerhead
Trivium - Into The Mouth Of…We March
Tyga - Diamond Life
Underoath - Desperate Times, Desperate Measures
Wale feat. Southeast Slim - Breakdown
Young Dre The Truth feat. Good Charlotte - Workin

Can't wait for Lucid Dreams by Franz Ferdinand to be released. It'll be interesting to see some of the more hip-hopish songs released too, though I probably won't buy any.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
Yeah, they're re-recorded, like the Jimmy Buffet songs were. I picked up "Through Being Cool". Very easy, but fun.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Innerpartysystem - Don't Stop
Doth my eyes deceive me?

It's like EA asked me "Hey, what's the one song you're most obsessed with right now? We'll put that in the game."

Spire

III
BRoomer
Me too. I need to get the Devo songs. I heard they're different master tracks by the band.
Ever hear that somewhat new Devo song "Work It"? I thoroughly enjoy it from time to time, but it sounds a bit like it was recorded as a catchy homage to "Whip It", and thus, loses its originality factor. Good, but a bit forced.

I'd love to see them Devo boys record a new album. I missed them on their latest tour (about two years ago) and really regret not going to see them. I hope they kick it off again.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Ever hear that somewhat new Devo song "Work It"? I thoroughly enjoy it from time to time, but it sounds a bit like it was recorded as a catchy homage to "Whip It", and thus, loses its originality factor. Good, but a bit forced.
Yeah. Meh.

Gald to see they're in Rock Band 2.

I'd love to see them Devo boys record a new album. I missed them on their latest tour (about two years ago) and really regret not going to see them. I hope they kick it off again.
We always have DEV2.0!!!

..... god ****it. First Disney ruins They Might Be Giants, now this. I tell you, I'll never let my kids watch a Disney film made after the 90's, except Pixar, Lilo and Stitch and Curse of the Black Pearl.

Yaya

Smash Champion
When I posted that discovery of Chord-Ons last page, does anyone think that the charts from Rock Band 1 will be altered to include this when ported over?

What about The Emperor's New Groove? That's a good movie.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
When I posted that discovery of Chord-Ons last page, does anyone think that the charts from Rock Band 1 will be altered to include this when ported over?
Charts aren't being touched. The files aren't changed at all from Rock Band 1 to Rock Band 2.

Peeze

Smash Master
I heard the Hendrix estate is allowing his likeness and songs to be used in GH world Tour. Does this mean that Rockband wont be able to use it? Sorry if this was already covered.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
It hasn't been made clear if Hendrix is exclusive to GHWT or not, but given how Neversoft would likely flaunt it if his songs were exclusive, they probably aren't.

D

Deleted member

I've read in an article a while back that mentioned the current owner of the Hendrix estate (I forgot her name) is in the talks for including a Jimi Hendrix song in Rock Band.

Top Bottom