• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Robocop Housing Thread.

Vermy

Smash Champion
I've already offered to house Seig, Technodeath and possibly a 3rd. I only intend on hosting people I actually know and consider friends. No offense, but I don't want strangers sleeping in my house.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
you two should stay with me and ted, when we decide what we're doing (probably cost abit)

MTGod

Smash Champion
@JeiJei - if your house is easily accessible to public transport I'm sure it wouldn't be too much of a hassle for us to catch it ;) Either way we'd be crazy thankful (not mental-patient crazy, the good type of crazy)

Hotdog

Smash Lord
Kk Me + J-Birds + Toki all have our flights booked! 150 return, what a bargain!

Nova

Banned via Warnings
Mega meh.
So unmotivated.
I'll probably share a hotel or something.
Stupid people I counted on moved.
To like Mildura. Ba$tards.

MTGod

Smash Champion
So just double checking - is it cool if me and Hater stay with you Jei Jei (otherwise we'll have to arrange other accommodation)??? We're arriving on Tuesday 28th Sept (I'll be staying in Melb til the 5th October, not sure about Hater but I think he's doing the same)... If we can't get a ride, if someone could help us with the public transport route that'd be good :D

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
I'm looking for housing.
Flying in Wednesday and flying out early Monday.

Wouldn't mind going out and checking stuff out, or chillin' and playing Smash.
Whatever people want to do.

My girlfriend is heading down to see her Uncle at the same time, but I don't know how our schedules are going to work out, so we'll see.

I might even be willing to just split accommodation somewhere near the tournament venue.

Corpsecreate

Smash Lord
Need confirmation if Jei Jei can house both MTGod and Hater. If so, let me know if you can house more people Jei and if you cant ill remove you guys from the list.

tibs7

Smash Champion
It's not cool putting pressure on Jei like this guys. If he can house a number of people he will say he can. Kinda harsh.

Corpsecreate

Smash Lord
I wasn't being harsh. Jei said he had a lot of room to house people and I'm just asking if 2 people is the most he will house or if he is up for housing more so I can update the original post.

Zxv

Smash Lord
Well, I've just 75% confirmed my attendance for this tournament (gotta check it a bit more against my Uni timetable). I ~>should<~ be arriving late Friday, leaving sometime on Tuesday. Any space left at anyone's house? I'll probably be travelling alone, not sure yet.

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
Corpse it's just that I'm already housing 5 ppl, not 2. An extra 2 shouldn't pose any kind of problem providing they can find their own way to the venue (which they said they can) but if that's the case, I can house alot more than that so long as they also provide for themselves cuz I'm broke as shiit.
My offer was that I can house whoever can't find housing, a last resort if you will.

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
Double post sorry: Vyse, ZXV, Hotdogs, Jbirds and anyone else finding it difficult looking for housing, my last post goes for you aswell.
Originally I was only going to house 5 people because that's all my car can fit. Then I thought I can house an extra 5 people for every car that is available.
But if people can't find housing then I really do have enough room for alot of people but yeah it's ONLY if you can't find housing and you have to figure out the public transport to the city.

Zxv

Smash Lord
Jei, is the venue located far from a train station? If not, I don't mind being dropped off at the station and working out my way from there.

Marteh

Smash Lord
NNID
Marteh
If Hater and MtGod have housing then Ill prob be needing as well, so your friendly neighbourhood Marteh has posted. Ill be taking the same flights as MTGod and Hater. Which is arrive 28th Sep, Leave Oct 5th

Any help would be appreciated <3

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
I appreciate it and I'll keep it in mind Jei. As long as you're near public transport I might hit you up for the first night just to save some money.

I'm still up for doing stuff with people before the tournament.

I'll do it like we did with Cao in America and just split Taxi's everywhere.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
(Not related to housing) will be planned with various special events and stuff for people new to Melbourne as a destination, but there are some things I can list for people to do in their own time.

To update when I get home.

Hotdog

Smash Lord
thanks for the offer jei! But i feel bad seeing as you're already housing like 50 people =P

any hotel specials going around cao? =P

MTGod

Smash Champion
I'd be up for Melbourne adventures :D

You just reminded me Vyse :D --- Could someone else from Melbourne let me know approx. how much it would cost to take public transport into the CBD from wherever Jei lives??? Since we'll have 3-4 days free chances are we'll be using them to explore the city, and of course taking pubtrans into the venue :p All factors in XD

TakFR

Smash Lord
NNID
TakAE86
People who haven't already worked out housing like Jei shouldn't be pressuring him at all. Jei has enough money woes as it is without you guys making it worse for him and taking his generosity for granted. Consider Jei's as an absolute last resort imo and keep looking for other accommodation/housing

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
offer is still there zxv/ted/luke, i doubt i can do all 3 unless we really stretch it, ted/zxv know how big it is

your call though guys

Zxv

Smash Lord
offer is still there zxv/ted/luke, i doubt i can do all 3 unless we really stretch it, ted/zxv know how big it is

your call though guys
I think Ted/Luke are planning on a hotel or something, not entirely sure. If you can house me Redact, that'll be great. Was hoping to stay with a melee player.

CaLibUr_1337

Smash Lord
K I'm going to book my tickets soon but was wondering if I could group up with people for the few days. Not sure on who can house me. If that doesn't work out I could split accomodation with people. There may be a chance I could stay with relatives if they don't live too far away from robocop.

MTGod

Smash Champion
People who haven't already worked out housing like Jei shouldn't be pressuring him at all. Jei has enough money woes as it is without you guys making it worse for him and taking his generosity for granted.
(Realising this was open-ended, but assuming I'm looking like one of those people)
If it looks as if I'm pressuring, I apologise - I was trying to find out pubtrans costs because if it was comparable to just getting accommodation in the CBD then that would mean we'd more than likely be staying in the CBD, both to take some of the burden off Jei/other hosts (though no one else has mentioned anything yet) and also be closer to the venue for the tournament...

By all means Hater, Marty and myself haven't stopped looking for other places to stay - the point of this post (the one I think could be misinterpreted) was just to make sure that, if we couldn't get housing or other accommodation that we wouldn't have to sleep on the street... I phrase things badly - you will learn that about me ^^"

Hater

Smash Ace
WE would be greatful to be hosted by jeijei however in my situation if i dont get housing i may not have the funds to stay and compete, I don't feel its to much to ask for housing seeing as we are coming from the other side of the country. I would personally make sure that any easterners that did the same trip would get housing by harassing perthians/parents to see what was available. But w/e easterners gonna east don't prove me wrong

CaLibUr_1337

Smash Lord
Also can anyone help me with plane tech? Wanna stay from 29th to the 2nd or 3rd. Vyse tells me to quote tiger airways and then make jetstar sell me tickets for a cheaper price. Just wondering what you guys did. Not that I'm doubting vyse or anything.

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
Yo guys, there is no way in hell that I would say no to you guys if you had to sleep on the street or pay for a hotel against your wishes. And yeah MT you make a good point, no one has actually offered to house you guys which is pretty unfair.

I'll talk to the female and see what I can do for you. Keep looking but just know you will never have to sleep on the street or pay for accommodation. The reason I'm reluctant to let every OoSer stay at mine (believe me I would love to have everyone here) is because of my daughter. Too many people will overwhelm her and no doubt you guys would be forced to put up with a crying baby for the entire time.

Another complication as always is money. All of you may be able to provide your own food and stuff but in the long run just a couple of days with so many people staying over will run up the bills like a motherf*cker. I refuse to ask for money to house everyone but on the other hand I probably can't afford it either. Not to mention I will be taking a lot of time off work for this.

Just a few 'excuses' as to why I'm not welcoming everyone with open arms.

Marteh

Smash Lord
NNID
Marteh
Jei, I really respect you for everything you've done, and am glad to know people like you still are around, I also understand your predicament.

Although housing is ideal, if me, MtGod and Hater can get a 4th person we could probably could get a 4 person hotel room for no more then $25 (per person) a night (No promises though)

So if there's anyone else going to Robocop and will be there 28th-5th and would like to get a hotel room or something, inquire within :p

Hotdog

Smash Lord
Also can anyone help me with plane tech? Wanna stay from 29th to the 2nd or 3rd. Vyse tells me to quote tiger airways and then make jetstar sell me tickets for a cheaper price. Just wondering what you guys did. Not that I'm doubting vyse or anything.
Yes, Vyse is correct, Jetstar have a price match + 10% off policy, but under strict lines.

Flights have to be within an hour of each other, and heading to the same place, then there's some crap about luggage blah blah blah... Go to the site and check it out.

Jei such a generous person, he deserves any donations he receives.

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
...That wasn't a sob story lol I wasn't looking for pity or anything.

Anyway I managed to talk to Soxxie and convince her to allow up to 9 people to stay instead of 5. Maybe more if people are stranded but I hope it doesn't come to that. We only have 8 beds (3 doubles and 2 singles I hope you guys don't mind sleeping together <3) and a couch (well one couch comfortable enough to sleep on) so if anyone else stays it's the floor for you.

edit: Dw there's heaps of floor space.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
I should be able to sort myself out Jei. I'm actually rather looking forward to splitting accommodation in the city or something along those lines.

Just so long as I don't have to stay at your place just to see Soxxie and the little one :)

Top Bottom