• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ROB Q&A!! Read this before asking questions...ALL OF IT!

CJTHeroofTime

Smash Lord
Ah. I gotcha. I tend to just do B-Turnarounds on the ground because that's how you had to do it in melee and I find it easier.
I do that for Side-B just cause (When I'm not playing ROB, that is) but for B and Down B, I just do it WB style for some reason. Speaking of melee, since I got to coooollege I've played more melee than Brawl. Gettin better at it. Random (tru) fax.

stancosmos

Smash Journeyman
Where is rob on the tier? I dunno, he is easily my best character, as his spot-doge down-smash is so killer.

TheMike

Smash Lord
so are many characters and even characters with faster frames but he seems to be known better for that "combo"
That "combo" u mean Spotdodge > Dsmash? Well, Dsmash is also "known" as a very good OoS option and ROB has some other nice options after Spotdodging, such as Grab and Fsmash =]

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
A combo can't consist of one affecting move. The reason Dsmash is so good is that it puts the opponent above ROB while dealing damage with a move that is not meant to kill.

:026:

TheMike

Smash Lord
A combo can't consist of one affecting move. The reason Dsmash is so good is that it puts the opponent above ROB while dealing damage with a move that is not meant to kill.

That's why he put it between quotation marks. And Dsmash is a move to abuse, for sure. Juggle FTW ;]

Commander_Beef

Smash Champion

Down smash isn't literally good because it's not meant to kill. That's actually a con. And I will also add that it has little startup lag, which proves why it beats almost anything out of a spotdodge and also why it's a good move.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
You're really saying Dsmash isn't good? That's like saying Tornado isn't good because it's not meant to kill. Bananas aren't meant to kill. Wario's Dair isn't meant to kill. They SET UP for kills. ROB's sets up for kills and racks damage, like a few other moves other characters have.

Jupz

Smash Master
No, hes just saying it would be an added incentive if it killed.

What are robs high tier matchups like? Like against S and A tier.

Sudai

Stuff here
Mostly between 55:45-45:55, then there's the oddballs.

MK: 30-70
DDD: 40-60
Diddy: 60-40
Snake: 60-40
GnW: 40-60
ICs (they are A tier, right?): 70-30

TheMike

Smash Lord
S Tier u forgot Wario and Falco, Sudai. The Wario Match-up was discussed on the Wario Boards every now and then. Wario 55:45 ROB. The Falco Match-up, if i'm not mistaken, is in Falco's favor, something about 55/60:45/40.

About A Tier, Vs Marth, the Match-up is even(50:50). We have some advantage against Pikachu, something about 60:40. Vs Olimar is 55:45 in his favor and Vs Kirby, it's 60:40 for him. The other ones, Sudai mentioned. All these numbers i gave i took from my memory, but i'm almost sure that they are correct.

About Dsmash. Well, good moves aren't good just because they kill, but if they, they would be better. Dsmash is just too awesome and work at other situations.

TheMike

Smash Lord
I believe he meant they fall in this range.
I was just saying with different words that Falco and Wario are also S Tier so as for Jupz not to be confused(I know he can go and check the Tier List, but i just wanted to make a complete answer).

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Jumpman's avatar is too good. As is my own.

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Thought this was the social because I'm dumb.

Sorry.

Sudai Edit: Don't steal my mod font scheme. :p The red is fine, but big and bold is what I like to do to let people know I'm in mod mode. :[

Glyph Edit: GET OUT OF MY POST :mad:

Mr.E

Smash Lord
The Wario Match-up was discussed on the Wario Boards every now and then.
Wario mains think they beat everyone except Marth and Dedede. They're like the opposite of the Marth and ROB forums, who don't think their characters beat anybody and may as well be F-tier.

buenob

Smash Lord
depends what you love... personally, I love battlefield, but I know FD is a solid choice for any rob... also it really depends on who you're playing against, but ignoring the opponent I'd say FD is the best

Darth Waffles

Smash Lord
I like my Frigate =)

I've started to like Smashville less and less lately but I used to love playing there first round if my opponent struck FD. Now it's just "meh alright"

Commander_Beef

Smash Champion
it has little startup lag, which proves why it beats almost anything out of a spotdodge and also why it's a good move.
You're really saying Dsmash isn't good?
According to my portion of the quote there, you make no sense GwJumpman because you were saying the good points about down smash, and then you added at the end of the other quote that it was also good because "it was not meant to kill". He's the proof -_-.
The reason Dsmash is so good is that it puts the opponent above ROB while dealing damage with a move that is not meant to kill.
And no I was not saying that it wasn't good, you weren't expressing yourself correctly in what's true about down smash. And of course the move is not meant to kill, or just cannot kill people anyways, and that's not a strong point to our down smash. I think you understand now.

About Dsmash. Well, good moves aren't good just because they kill
And then you brought this to a different perspective of the topic which is somewhat frustrating because these are the prime examples of people who cannot comprehend the point that I'm trying to bring across.
That quote distorts what me and GWJumpman were discussing before. We were just talking about why down smash is a good move...and I implied that down smash hardly ever kills. I think you would understand by now what in direct specific we were talking about.

xepherthree

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4167-4976-4789
Thought this was the social because I'm dumb.

Sorry.

Sudai Edit: Don't steal my mod font scheme. :p The red is fine, but big and bold is what I like to do to let people know I'm in mod mode. :[

Glyph Edit: GET OUT OF MY POST :mad:
this.

10this

Jupz

Smash Master
Thanks Sudai and TheMike. I never knew he had such a large advantage against Snake and Diddy and I thought he did better against Dedede, but you guys know better then me lol.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
I don't like that list.

Regardless, the MU vs. Diddy is weird. If you can cope with his nanners, it's like 60-40, if you can't, it's like 35-65/40-60.

Sudai

Stuff here
MU ratios should be determined at the current metagame and the current metagame involves being able to handle diddy bananas. Chibo can, I can, and I'm sure others can. So yeah, the metagame has it as 60:40 ROB. :p

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
ROB color tier list:

Blue/Silver > Pink > Red > Gold

Green doesn't get on the list.
It all depends on who you're fighting, what stage you're on and how serious the match is.

Tin Man

Smash Hero
Wow diddy really is that much in our favor, I thought it was 55-45 barely at most. I wanna see Holy vs ADHD :p

And as for ROB's best stage, what is so amazing about skyworld?

Sudai

Stuff here
ROB just lives forever. It's super short to fly under, there's 4 ledges, and the bottom blast zone is miles away. Not to mention the top blast zone is huge and the side blast zones are just about the size I like. He gets good UAirs all over the place thanks to the platforms and the fact that they're generally solid. He doesn't get screwed by platforms restructuring themselves. His DSmash hits the platforms making it last even longer with just as little start and end lag. We can destroy the platforms with ledges to make gimping even easier. The list just goes on and on. It's everything ROB likes rolled up into one sexy, banned stage. :[

Top Bottom