• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ROB Q&A!! Read this before asking questions...ALL OF IT!

xepherthree

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4167-4976-4789
Just telling you guys, I just finished reading the 100th page of this **** xD Took me four days. I'll be done soon. NO LIFE FTW

edit: didn't realize no one had posted in a couple of days xD

Tin Man

Smash Hero
Just telling you guys, I just finished reading the 100th page of this **** xD Took me four days. I'll be done soon. NO LIFE FTW

edit: didn't realize no one had posted in a couple of days xD
150 more pages to go lmmfao. Anyways, is ROB's footstool weird because of what happens when he lands on the ground from a footstool?

xepherthree

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4167-4976-4789
Good ****. 175 done, 79 more to go. Also, I found something interesting last night.

don't know any ways you could do this with a /moving/ opponent, but last night I was in practicing the zdrop gyro>aerial, missed, and found something cool. I haven'y exactly gotten the timing down, but if you jump straight up right next to someone, drop the gyro right AFTER the peak of your jump and fastfall, there are many interesting combos. If the gyro hits and you time the fast fall right, you can jab them during the initial stun for the gyro, or catch the gyro in the air and throw it at them while theyre recoiling from the gyro by mashing z( must be on the ground for the second throw), and hit them again. I haven't fully explored this, but you might be able to grab out of it. It even works up to the 60-low 70 %s. As I said, I don't how well this works on a MOVING opponent, but its pretty cool.

Hydruz

Smash Cadet
Ehh possible new / old UpB trick

Anyway, if you do a full glidetoss with gyro, or anything else, and you use UpB immediately after, you shoot off in that direction right or left. really fast too. id assume this would be great for edge guarding and pivot mindgames etc. try it out.

TheMike

Smash Lord
ROB still has the advantage as he can punish Falcon's way of approaches. Besides, ROB also has gimping possibilities.

Neo X

Smash Apprentice
Is this a good mindgame?

Run toward opponent, SH, then fair at the last second before touching the ground.

Neo X

Smash Apprentice
Good use for B-Reversal Recovering (may already be mentioned)

Well I barely see this on other ROBers, so I'll mention something that is either very useful or already mentioned.

When ROB does his B/↓B-reversal, he quickly turns to the opposite direction. So since ROB is bad above people, he can mindgame by doing the B-reversal to land safely away from his opponent.

Theres also a cancel after the reversal which can be useful. Instead of B-reversal > airdodge to cancel it, he can B-reversal (canceled the correct way) to either nothing or any aerial (bair, nair, fair... uair not recommended to me). To do this, press the shield button as soon you do the B-reversal, but not TOO fast. (Im not sure whats the best way to explain but I hope you people will do this : ) )

Again if already mentioned, then my bad.

TheMike

Smash Lord
Most of people know this, but thanks for sharing ^^
If u have any doubt if something was already posted, check the ROB Community Guide, espcially for this stuff.

Oh well, and Gyro Cancel is a great mindgame =]

TheMike

Smash Lord
Neo X:

I don´t see it as a mindgame and i don´t thing it´s a nice idea, either =X
If the opponent is a great player, he can punish u with something OoS, for example. One of the best way for approaches IMO is SH Fair>Bair(except against Olimars with his pivot grab from hell)

xepherthree:

Hydruz. Sudai moved Hidroz´s thread for here with its posts. Therefore, people might get confused like u =P

xepherthree

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4167-4976-4789
xepherthree:

Hydruz. Sudai moved Hidroz´s thread for here with its posts. Therefore, people might get confused like u =P
Alright, thanks. On that note, any ideas on what I posted? I dont really know how to implement it on a moving opponent, but it could be potentially useful, i think.

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
Like TheMike said, it is already known to most R.O.B.'s but you're right, I don't see many robots using this and they should.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Yes, the only way this is useful is if you gyro cancel. Shooting/charging a gyro or doing a laser has too much lag and you will get punished. this is a widely known tactic for a lot of players now. Snakes do it with nades, diddys do it with peanuts, etc.

Unfortunately though.... I don't really know how to wave bounce. I can sometimes wavebounce my laser on command, I'm not good with it though. I wish someone would make a clear and concise guide or video on it :(

CJTHeroofTime

Smash Lord
Yes, the only way this is useful is if you gyro cancel. Shooting/charging a gyro or doing a laser has too much lag and you will get punished. this is a widely known tactic for a lot of players now. Snakes do it with nades, diddys do it with peanuts, etc.

Unfortunately though.... I don't really know how to wave bounce. I can sometimes wavebounce my laser on command, I'm not good with it though. I wish someone would make a clear and concise guide or video on it :(
You just hit B and then slam the control stick in the direction you're not facing, no? I think the timing is different in air and on the ground, with it being easier in the air AFAIK.

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
Same here, I need to play with that moar.

TheMike

Smash Lord
Some minutes ago i was testing the Z-Drop stuff. It´s really useful, but not that much. U know... ROB above most of characters sucks =X

However, i got a really nice combo. I used Fair and i hit the CPU at the weak hitbox and it tripped him, setting up for many things. I´ll soon test more so as to get more results.

xepherthree

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4167-4976-4789
Some minutes ago i was testing the Z-Drop stuff. It´s really useful, but not that much. U know... ROB above most of characters sucks =X

However, i got a really nice combo. I used Fair and i hit the CPU at the weak hitbox and it tripped him, setting up for many things. I´ll soon test more so as to get more results.
I just read this thread, -pokes above- I think I know that. XD But yeah, thats what I was saying. It's not practical, wields some interesting results IF it happens. highly situational, at best.
:smash:

Sudai

Stuff here
Can't wave bounce on the ground. You need momentum to do it.

Chibo, wave bouncing is just hitting the opposite direction after you start the move. Timing is kind of strange but you get used to it.

Moving all this into the Q&A.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
down b wavebouncing is very useful. i do it a lot.

it's great for weaving through projectiles and hitting them with a gyro or laser. i've even done it with side B a few times to reflect a projectile after running off a platform, but that's situational...and wavebouncing the up b helps with recovery when you're going under the stage.

Darth Waffles

Smash Lord
down b wavebouncing is very useful. i do it a lot.
I agree.

Also, wavebouncing the neutral B is kind of awkward because either you'll end up close to the opponent (where you could get punished) or you'll be shooting it from a distance, in which case it doesn't really make a difference. I definitely like mixing in the down b wavebouncing though.

As for learning the neutral B one, you're probably just not pressing the control stick fast enough. Try practicing it with Snake's grenades to see if it helps.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
neutral b wavebouncing is useful for offense from medium range just like the gyro is. though i prefer to use the gyro when I can because you get more out of it, if my gyro is already on the floor or something and I see the situation is presenting itself i'll do the laser. or if I can't reach with the gyro i'll use the laser. rob has one of the most useful wavebounces in the game.

xepherthree

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4167-4976-4789

Chibo, wave bouncing is just hitting the opposite direction after you start the move. Timing is kind of strange but you get used to it.

If it's just hitting the opposite direction I cant do it. I just cant do the wavebounce-gyro-canel-momentum--turnaroud thingy. xD

CJTHeroofTime

Smash Lord

Well yeah... On the ground its just a reversal, but the timing is similar to WBing, so... yesh.

Mr.E

Smash Lord
I'd practice it solely to win $500 but then Sudai would do something homo like suicide 30 times and claim he won because I didn't technically get the infinite on him. :p

Top Bottom