• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ROB Q&A!! Read this before asking questions...ALL OF IT!

Mr.E

Smash Lord
Just in case you didn't know, Sudai, you do get a free DAir if he swallows you to take the Laser. It's not all bad!

BurtonEarny

Smash Ace
Is there a general rob guide? the frame data is given which is nice and all, but a guide is always nice to have...

TheMike

Smash Lord
Yoshi's is pretty good for R.O.B. Just learn how to use all the curves on the stage to make your lasers bounce off in weird angles to catch your opponent off gaurdd.
On the Kirby MU, i prefer Final Destination or Smashville as neutrals. In general, i don't like Yoshi's for not feeling comfortable there, especially because there isn't much off-stage part like FD and SV have. Besides, sometimes the ground's level ****s with my Gyro Game.

BurtonEarny said:
Is there a general rob guide? the frame data is given which is nice and all, but a guide is always nice to have...
There's the Community Guide. Seach for it in the ROB Boards Directory(Sticky).

PUNK9 said:
Any tips on the Pikachu Match-up?
Ask Deadweight lol or jut search for this Match-up discussion thread.

In short, Dsmash <3

TheMike

Smash Lord
Sorry for the Double Post, but i have a question: Is there any difference between the angled Fsmashes, such as knock back, hitbox, %s and other ****s?

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
I think there is, lemme do a quick test, I'll edit this post.

Damage:
The same

Hitboxes:
Same hitbox, just change to match the angle

Knockback:
All the same

tl;dr Only difference is how high or how low you can hit with the angle.

TheMike

Smash Lord
I think there is, lemme do a quick test, I'll edit this post.

Damage:
The same

Hitboxes:
Same hitbox, just change to match the angle

Knockback:
All the same

tl;dr Only difference is how high or how low you can hit with the angle.
Thanks GwJ! Unfortunately, it wasn't what i expected :[

A1lion835

Smash Champion
Lurking the Kirby Social thread with my rock buds.
Kirby vs ROB Stuff

Thanks for all the input, I'm sorry I wasn't here for so much. I was REALLY busy and haven't been able to really do anything on smashboards for a few days. /johns

On the topic of stages for Kirby vs R.O.B.:

I'd say PS1 is in Kirby's favor. Kirby can abuse the transformations pretty well. He has a jab and dtilt lock on rock transformation, stone glitch on forest transformation, on the floating platform to the right. Then dtilt semi-lock on the fire transformation, right side of the tree (he drifts down the slope a little), dtilt lock (I think) under the branch on the other side, upthrow kills when landing on the tree, branch makes final cutter (upb) a little quicker. And on the water transformation, he can uthrow kirbycide on the left side of the stage (if the upthrow ascent is stopped by part of the windmill). Windmill allows for fancy stone slides. He can abuse the edges well, if you get stuck under one of them, a dsmash stage spikes you, though it probably won't be a huge problem for R.O.B.

And on any part of the stage with walls, if Kirby's sword sort of sticks through a wall, the upb projectile will travel through the wall...it's sort of hard to explain, just pick Kirby, go up right against a wall, use upb and watch what happens.

So yea. PS1 is a pretty **** Kirby stage, Kirby is one of the best characters in the game on it, if not the best.

Other than PS1, I don't see anything else I disagree with. Thank you for the input ^_^ :).

TheMike

Smash Lord
Well you are a ROB main "TheMike" therefore it may seem like Zamus is the best on that stage to you because of the match up.
Well, there's a very good Zamus player near my city and he always do good stuff on PS1. Not only against me... but yeah lol ^-^

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
Camp.

Use attacks that seperate them like Nair and Dsmash, but use them wisely as a whiffed one or blocked will result in a grab most of the time.

buenob

Smash Lord
fair, up-b then rising bair, the top, lazer, jabs, and throws... this should be your bread and butter vs. ics... also, the matchup is at most 55/45 for rob...

never use any move with any kind of lag... lol... freaking Swordguard used the lag of me hitting his nana with nair to grab me with popo for the KO... so annoying

TheMike

Smash Lord
Dsmash so as to separate them. For kills, use Fsmash as a punisher. Bair is also great because it has a great knock back that take them off-stage, where you should try to go as since Nana is dead, SoPo doesn't survive off-stage.

buenob

Smash Lord
don't use dsmash more than 2-3 times a stock... if they block it, you lose a stock...

for KO-ing, it's basically all gimps... grab one, throw away, go after nana, try to gimp her... if not, go straight for popo... the best situation for you is when you have one on either side of you

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
The way I play it, is I just seperate Nana to do it, not necessarily for gimps. After i seperate them, I go for Popo while he's trying to reunite and rinse and repeat until I kill. Gimps are thrown in as side-salads when the opportunity arises.

Tin Man

Smash Hero
grab popo, and jab so nana can't do much, then d smash nana and try to Nair gimp her (repetedly uing Nair's till she goes high enough of the stage to die from the seiling, I agree with Bueno B's matchup rating.

Top Bottom