• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ROB Q&A!! Read this before asking questions...ALL OF IT!

DRaGZ

Smash Champion
As a friend once said: "Take Akuma from [Whatever game he was broken in... I don't know my street Fighters very well...], Chun Li from Street Fighter 3, and Peach's Melee down smash, and mix them together and you'll get ROB."
Okay, so he was just johning because he'd gotten obliterated by another friend's ROB, but still, I found it funny :laugh:
Man, I wish.

Then R.O.B. would have a near un-counterable aerial projectile and his side+B would be the best special in the game.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Well, he has an uncounterable projectile... kinda... if by uncounterable you mean it doesn't clash with anything and has priority over just about everything.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Uncontrobale as in Screm Aim And Fire!
With noA Aim though!
I'm not really sure what you just said...

Babel Fish tells me you said "uncontrobale like in goal and fire of Screm. In the goal of noA meanwhile!". I have a feeling that's wrong though :laugh:

DRaGZ

Smash Champion
Well, he has an uncounterable projectile... kinda... if by uncounterable you mean it doesn't clash with anything and has priority over just about everything.
When Akuma did his air projectile, there were almost no characters that could do anything about it at all. I think the only two characters I've seen fight it properly were Sagat, because he can spam fireballs like nobody's business, and Balrog (boxer), because he was able to shield and rush immediately past. I'm prety sure that the other two shotos can also hurricane kick through it, but it leaves them much more vulnerable than the other two options, and I think Vega can wall-jump over it, but his jump is easy to counter to begin with.

R.O.B....lots of people can do lots of stuff about his laser.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Ahhh... gotcha. Thanks for the info. Like I said, I don't know my street fighter very well.

CJTHeroofTime

Smash Lord
Little Nicky.

Someone prolly beat me to it, but I have no inclination to search between there and here. Besides, im sexier than anyone who posted that before me. Facts.

Edit: CJT beat me to it... thus confirming my previous statement. That is all.
After seeing that half-naked picture of you in the other thread, I don't think I can argue about who's sexier. (no homo, just making a point) Especially with that Triforce tat. I don't care that its not the triforce, its still awesome.

DRaGZ

Smash Champion
just testing my new sig
Ooooh, OS made a clerical error. Big whoop.

At least he hasn't stated in the past that all he cares about Brawl is the fact that he can make money off of it and does not care about the community or its development, thus strongly suggesting that his argument against banning Meta Knight is for his own benefit rather than the benefit of the community's.

Don't get me wrong, OS isn't going about this the right way either, with his sarcasm and un-developed arguments, but your cynical, smarmy, and selfish *** ain't the right way either.

Mr.E

Smash Lord
I posted my sig for a reason and I recall even posting it in this forum beforehand...

A shot Gyro counts as one "attack" for decay purposes, if it hits your opponent. A thrown Gyro counts as one attack if it hits your opponent, although I'm unsure if the distinction between "drop" vs. "soft throw" vs. "smash throw" or the direction of the throw is significant. (Or even the item itself, although not relevant in this case.) Knocking away a Gyro on the ground also stales an attack. (i.e. Meta Knight DSmashes a Gyro about to disappear and hits it away.)

CJTHeroofTime

Smash Lord
ooooh, Os Made A Clerical Error. Big Whoop.

At Least He Hasn't Stated In The Past That All He Cares About Brawl Is The Fact That He Can Make Money Off Of It And Does Not Care About The Community Or Its Development, Thus Strongly Suggesting That His Argument Against Banning Meta Knight Is For His Own Benefit Rather Than The Benefit Of The Community's.

Don't Get Me Wrong, Os Isn't Going About This The Right Way Either, With His Sarcasm And Un-developed Arguments, But Your Cynical, Smarmy, And Selfish *** Ain't The Right Way Either.
Destroyed !

Ozzie23

Smash Cadet
Does each hit of D-smash make it decay, or just hitting at all each time you use it?

Wolydarg

Smash Journeyman
No, multi-hitting attacks only decay the move once.

Basically, each connected button input is one move decay.
I know I've read somewhere that people with really fast grab pummels only count as one move on the stale move list unless they slow it down.

Also, at 0%, lucario's first pummel does less than 1%, does that still count?

I mean, ROB doesn't have any sort of problems as all his moves are fairly straight forward (Except the gyro, which has already been researched), but this information could still prove useful?

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
I know I've read somewhere that people with really fast grab pummels only count as one move on the stale move list unless they slow it down.

Also, at 0%, lucario's first pummel does less than 1%, does that still count?

I mean, ROB doesn't have any sort of problems as all his moves are fairly straight forward (Except the gyro, which has already been researched), but this information could still prove useful?
Grab pummels don't count as multi-hit moves, but as seperate low damage attacks (Thus why characters like Kirby can easily refresh his moves in a grab or two.).

Also, not sure if this is known, and who knows, maybe it'll somehow tie in to your previous gyro discussion, but the gyro has a lower priority when thrown.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Whether a move counts as one or more depends on how close they are togethers. This is why your d-smash only counts as one, hitting both popo and nana with a fair counts as one, and why ROB's jab pummel counts as separate hits while Samus and Lucario don't recharge their moves when mashing A at top speeds.

The gyro counts as a hit, as does the grenade. The gyro as an item counts separately and does not degenerate the down+b throw.

Also, I'm amazing and might have found an entire region I can play at that will ban MK.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
just testing my new sig
Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.1) - Cite This Source - Share This
des⋅per⋅a⋅tion   /ˌdɛspəˈreɪʃən/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [des-puh-rey-shuhn] Show IPA Pronunciation

–noun 1. the state of being desperate or of having the recklessness of despair.
2. the act or fact of despairing; despair.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Origin:
1325–75; ME desperacioun < L dēspērātiōn- (s. of dēspērātiō). See desperate, -ion

aeghrur

Smash Champion
I just read the last few pages of this thread, and I <3 it. :D *whistles*
LOOK, WHO'S THAT? *whistles* *walks away*

Top Bottom