• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ROB Q&A!! Read this before asking questions...ALL OF IT!

Taeran

Smash Journeyman
How long does Up-B last (secs) and what's dair's hitbox.

I would test it but I am away from my wii.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Up-B lasts 3 seconds at full throttle and dairs hitbox is, umm, below ROB. At the very bottom of the hitbox it doesn't spike though.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
I HATE when you run off the ledge to spike and you're just so good that you hit with the very tip of the hitbox and it knocks them up instead of down

>:K

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
he can also spike with most of his body if I'm not mistaken
Probably so. I almost never use dair, except for a few situational things like spiking Snake out of his up-B.

Dair, side-B, and dash-attack, ROB's 3 least useful moves imo. Usmash comes in a close 4th, but it's so darn powerful it's hard to ignore.

Nintendevil

Smash Ace
Probably so. I almost never use dair, except for a few situational things like spiking Snake out of his up-B.

Dair, side-B, and dash-attack, ROB's 3 least useful moves imo. Usmash comes in a close 4th, but it's so darn powerful it's hard to ignore.
no

Most useless:

1. Side B
2. Dair
3. Upsmash
4. Dash attack

Of course you can't run across the field and expect it to hit but it's a worthy follow up. Also flows into some other great stuff.

And the only reason it's at #4 is because all his other stuff is so great :D

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
It's just my opinion. I'm sure some people have found better uses for them, it's just for me, there's always a better option than using one of those moves.

TeeVee

Smash Lord
up smash gains useability (made up word?) on battlefield and lylat though. Tech chasing the up smash is too good on the smaller platforms.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
nintendevil has been on my ignore list for a while :p

I don't remember why I put him there

noodles

Smash Champion
you made a post here one time mentioning that hes on your ignore list i look for it but im lazy

CJTHeroofTime

Smash Lord
I recall that post, it was when I first started actively visiting smashboards, dont look at my join date though, because I created an account one day and never went on until after Brawl came out.

I like to use dair on the off chance that I can get a spike from it, although it never really works... It's been mostly unpunishable when I use it though, as my opponents are grabbing the ledge or climbing in the stage during punishment frames. If I start getting punished, I'll stop lol.

I think I use bair more often than any ROB should lol.

Mr.E

Smash Lord
DAir is 2 gud against Aether and Luigi Tornado. Sometimes people just jump right into it when you use it to play with your momentum to shake a juggle. :idea:

jjvirus

Smash Champion
Can someone give me some tips on fighting Olimar and G&W pl0x? Those two are the only matchups i seem the have trouble with T_T Im guessing for Olimar just camp...but for G&W I have no clue. So help me out por favor?

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
I don't recommend camping vs Olimar. He can outcamp you. Play really aggressive, but don't put yourself in a position to be shieldgrabbed, because Olimars won't hesitate to grab you and they have amazing throws. Stick to the ground, but don't spotdodge too much because they can usually grab you out of it anyways. Just try to mess with them. Run up and grab, or run up and roll behind them and dsmash, or run up and shield-cancel and start jabbing or dtilting (they can't grab you out of this because they have no grab-armor). Olimars are very dangerous. The most important thing in this matchup is to get them off the ledge as soon as possible and edgeguard.

As for G&W, I dunno, I've never had trouble with G&W. Just smash DI up through the turtle and you get a free hit every time, and avoid all his smashes when you're >90%. A well-timed nair beats the key. Don't bother trying to shieldgrab his aerial approaches, you shouldn't be able to grab him unless his spacing is awful. You can outcamp G&W, focus on the gyro. Don't challenge his dtilt, it beats literally everything you have, even SHed aerials. If he keep turtling you, roll behind him when he approaches and utilt.

CJTHeroofTime

Smash Lord
Olimar- Gyro in between you and him at all times, fair him to death offstage, also laser him when he's offstage to knock him out of tether range.

GaW. If you can pull out a fair with good timing, it is possible to push GaW off the stage with several follow ups, just dont expect to be able to gimp him, its rather difficult. Ftilt outranges or clashes most of his moves, including his smashes. Gyro is also awesome, especially glide toss. Watch out, GaW has an awesome glidetoss as well, so be ready in case he picks it up. Gyro on the ground can interfere with his shorthopped or circle jumped aerials.

By all means, do not get above him. His nair ***** ROB's ***, literally, and his uair will stop you from landing easily.

Also, when climbing up the ledge, if he's using the frying pan, don't jump up there, the fried goods will stall you long enough for him to whip out a fair, which has surprising knockback and very well may kill you. I dont know if many GaW s do this, but my friend caught me with this once.

T-REX!

Smash Apprentice
Bair and Nair beat most of Oli's aerials, abuse invinsibility frames on the ledge obviously. Having a gyro onstage is awesome. Fully charged lazers and a gyro and he's dead off stage. Fair if he's too close. Uair sucks. :[

jjvirus

Smash Champion
I need help finding an Alt thats similar to ROB. I have tried just about everyone on the roster and can't find one than Im confortable with and enjoy playing. The only reason I can guess why this is, is because Im so used to using ROB and so used to his playstyle. So is there anyone else on the roster thats similar to ROB's gameplay? If not, how do I select an alt? I need one badly and don't know where to go. Help pl0x :(

Nintendevil

Smash Ace
I need help finding an Alt thats similar to ROB. I have tried just about everyone on the roster and can't find one than Im confortable with and enjoy playing. The only reason I can guess why this is, is because Im so used to using ROB and so used to his playstyle. So is there anyone else on the roster thats similar to ROB's gameplay? If not, how do I select an alt? I need one badly and don't know where to go. Help pl0x :(
Dedede. Good tilts, gimping, good recovery. doesn't help any matchups though :(

just play with someone you feel comfortable with. It took me a while to find a good secondary too.

jjvirus

Smash Champion
Meh, I could care less about matchups lol. Idk what "comfortable" means as far as the game goes. When I first used ROB, I clicked with him, I was automatically "good" with him. I can't seem to do that with anyone else.

My most recent try was Diddy, and he turned out horrible <.< I have tried D3 b4, but if you reccomend him I'll try him again.

Top Bottom