• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ROB Q&A!! Read this before asking questions...ALL OF IT!

CJTHeroofTime

Smash Lord
no problem. I should make a digital sig I could put in my random photoshop pics... But anyway, feel free. If anyone deserves to use it, its the legit aussie ROB.

frdagaa

Smash Journeyman
That picture is full of win in so many ways. I might emigrate to Australia just so I could use that picture as a profile pic.

CJTHeroofTime

Smash Lord
That picture is full of win in so many ways. I might emigrate to Australia just so I could use that picture as a profile pic.
...only to find that a legit aussie ROB is already using it

But thamks for the compliments, everyone. If I get more random inspirations, I might just make more pics like that. If I feel like it, of course.

noodles

Smash Champion
what do you guys think of planking with rob? im starting to get good at it since its so funny and gay. i ran the timer on 3 ppl 2 times each in aib ladder sets. its too much fun

noodles

Smash Champion
:0 im not that good at it yet lol bair is kinda good with him. im trying to get better/gayer with it though

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! <
I almost never plank...........perhaps I should try it >_>
^with glaring exception to my match 3 against Keitaro's Falco at Critical Hit 3 when I had Slash Talon (SoVa's Falco) yelling at me to ledgecamp :( Keitaro's crew almost called stalling on me too, but he himself was cool with it since he initiated the laser spam...that and he just understood the situation.

So yeah, be careful with your planking.

Sudai

Stuff here
I rarely get to actually run the time out. People always make that last desperate attempt, but they always die because it's way too obvious.

IE This match: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_83DXVoevGc&feature=PlayList&p=C688624DE0871AB2&index=47

Goes down to 4 seconds left where the other guy -needed- that kill and got really desperate. It's too easy when they panic.

Edit: Toasty, under the current ruleset, it's not stalling. He can still attack you. You're not putting him in a situation where he can not hit you without completely risking his own life. Stalling would be if we could infinitely go under the stage (IE Rising pounds/MK and Pit gliding, ect)

noodles

Smash Champion
dude noodles wow, i've always wanted to run the timer out, i just work on gimping
i am the gayest ****ing gimper in brawl. ever. ask ct

edit:
This ROB player is all about the gimps, when your out there
STAY THE **** OUT, your not coming back.

Plays unlike any other ROB out there Noodles defines ROB's
awkward but effective fighting style.
its how i kill for the most part rarely id get a legit ko unless its a bair

noodles

Smash Champion
i didnt shoot alot of stuff when i played him. it can be because before the tourny 2 weeks ago i didnt play for 3 months...maybe

DRaGZ

Smash Champion
Planking is named after the MK player Plank (Plairnkk or something on these boards) who perfected the gayest ledgecamping possible. Ledgecamping was possible before, but no one made it as gay for Meta Knight as he did. (hooray, Shuttle Loop has super-****ing-armor. Why does a light character has superarmor?!?!?!)

Mr.E

Smash Lord
Shuttle Loop doesn't actually have super armor, it's just got god-awful speed and range. It has invincibility on startup only while grounded.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Planking also involves running away and intentionally running out the clock. You don't necessarily have to stay on the ledge.

Sudai

Stuff here
you sure?? i couldve sworn it didnt flinch when i baired him (his glide attack portion of the upB)
His glide attack will eat any move so long as it's timed right. Not super armor, not invincibility, just ****ing ******** priority.

LOL sudai does it too, but its nothing in comparison with MK and his upB, or so i've heard
Yeah, I don't specifically plank. I just ledge camp. (Only vs like..D3 and Falco though)

Planking also involves running away and intentionally running out the clock. You don't necessarily have to stay on the ledge.
A staple for planking is Ledgehop Tornado to the other side of the stage then grabbing the edge over there...So gay.

CJTHeroofTime

Smash Lord
Wait... Metaknight needs to run the clock out? Why the hell would Metaknight need to run the clock out? Has anyone even stopped to think about the ridiculousness of Metaknight running the clock out??

Sudai

Stuff here
It's not ridiculous. Why bother putting yourself at risk of getting hit when you can just run away and have a 3% chance of getting hit -once- when you're 50% or a stock ahead? Not only that, but it also puts MK in an extremely good position to do even more damage.

CJTHeroofTime

Smash Lord
Yeah, that was more of a sarcastic post...kinda reffering to the fact that mk is broken and shouldnt have to stall like that... yeah... no vocal inflections on written text...

Top Bottom