• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ROB Q&A!! Read this before asking questions...ALL OF IT!

Sudai

Stuff here
I like Marf vs Peach..but that's just cause I secondary Marth and GnW is only in the process of becoming a secondary atm. XD

Sucks that you guys got knocked out. I'd have wished y'all luck but I just finally got my E-Drive working again. Wew

On a related not. Sudai's going to a rather big tourney today (guaranteed $400 pot atm) so y'all need to wish me luck on that. :x

Starts in 4 hours. D:

noodles

Smash Champion
dark pch is easy mode

**** he's bad

>_>
ive never played a peach before. like ever. not even in melee, and his is amazing
I like Marf vs Peach..but that's just cause I secondary Marth and GnW is only in the process of becoming a secondary atm. XD

Sucks that you guys got knocked out. I'd have wished y'all luck but I just finally got my E-Drive working again. Wew

On a related not. Sudai's going to a rather big tourney today (guaranteed $400 pot atm) so y'all need to wish me luck on that. :x

Starts in 4 hours. D:
good luck

indianunit

Smash Journeyman
I need some help guys.

I know ROB has the advantage against Olimar but can somone tell me how to beat Olimar with ROB? Those little pikmin annoy the **** out of me and I don't know what to do about them.

napZzz

Smash Hero
I need some help guys.

I know ROB has the advantage against Olimar but can somone tell me how to beat Olimar with ROB? Those little pikmin annoy the **** out of me and I don't know what to do about them.
I has that same problem.

Also, I'd like to know ways of landing bair. Its pretty strong and I'd like to start using it as a kill move except I have trouble landing it.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
You don't land the bair. You use it only when your opponent does something stupid or as a spacer.

Mr.E

Smash Lord
Eh? BAir is a great edgeguarding move since its extended hitbox makes it tougher to air dodge and even if they do, its momentum sets you up to punish their air dodge with another aerial. It has that nice horizontal trajectory too, unlike NAir, if FAir's quickly-retracting hitbox won't do and it stage spikes a lot of recoveries if you run-off BAir. But that's just my opinion!

Haha toasty, I love how you just sat beside him as he replucked Pikmin after kills, then raperaperaped them as he ran away leaving them vulnerable. :p Why didn't he stop at 3-4 plucks and, you know, punish you for being so brazen?

DonTe

Smash Cadet
Against Peach players, I find that keeping them in front of you works out best. If they try to approachy ou from above, run back so they stay in front of you.
Just...dont get baited by psuedo-approaching-but-in-reality-its-actually-a-retreating fair.

CJTHeroofTime

Smash Lord
Against olimar, nair, ftilt, and utilt are great antipikmin moves. But in all honesty, if the pikmin become too much of a problem, then you aren't gimping him fast enough. Thats where laser comes in handy.

DRaGZ

Smash Champion
Also, you need to not worry about the Pikmin. Don't worry about the fact that they are slowly doing damage to you. Worry about killing Olimar. He is always going to get a bunch of damage on you. That's okay, because you can kill him at almost any point, as long as you stay aggressive.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Oli can down-B in the middle of your uair and punish you for it every time ... he's also a hard son of a ***** to approach. Remember, gyros eat pikmin souls.

CJTHeroofTime

Smash Lord
lol i just played my friend who mains olimar yesterday, had an awesome fully-charged-laser-snipe-kill to two-stock him
that down-b sure is annoying tho
If you knock olimar above you and he's at a kill percentage, a good way to fake him out (if he's gonna use down b) is to jump right into him b4 he lands and activate nair. It should punish those god frames.

pikmin + bucket marinade + pan-fry --> DELICIOUS

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Don't ever try to play Brawl on an LCD -_-

Component cables make it better but it'll never be lag-free.

Every time someone I know gets a new HDTV I snatch their old CRT, such great TVs for smash.

ipitydatfu

Smash Master
CRT's are great for gamesin general. i just wanted to play on a bigger TV, cuz its hooked to my parents sound system. i want to hear screams of death!

i tried melee on a lcd (and directly on notebook) once, god, it was horrible

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mjo_FLSBQxo

hope this at least gives you some ideas :)
nice match, you've got him down to a science. but it doesnt seem that ps has a good handle on the matchup personally. im not saying hes bad as he beat me in singles tourney back in august i think it was, but i still dont think hes anything say like.... andyg. il have to practice with him more and get some vids. from my experiences overall, id say olimar definitely wins the matchup

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! <
yeah I have a decent amount of practice against Whodat's Olimar [almost 100% from tourney matches in SoVa, though...60% of which I lost except for the last two times we played in tourney which were after I "learned" the matchup. I'm still not amazing at it, but I have the general idea down pretty well]

I don't know much about who's good as far as Oli users...I've only heard about NC Echo, Mr. X, and I know Whodat is pretty good. But I heard about those other two guys a long time ago and haven't really paid attention to what's been going on with Oli's placings [that's a long *** way of saying I have no clue who andyg is]

kewl_niven

Smash Journeyman
I've read most of the other topics and watched quite a few videos from the vid topic. I've lurked here for a couple of months. <_<

I'd love to contribute something but I'm a pretty average player and I hardly get a chance to play against humans since there is only one other player in my town. (smash spamming Wolf, thunder spamming Pika player lolz >_>) I haven't even come close to winning a tournament. The best player in our scene (TL main) obliterates everyone and has never placed lower than first in singles or doubles. <_<

Mini-ROB projectile pouch? That would be awesome. =)

I'm hosting a tournament in a couple of weeks. I vote that all US ROB mains come and participate. ^_^(<$150 pot lol)

ipitydatfu

Smash Master
most of the activity comes from the other boards, discussing how ROB fairs with their characters. which all leads to, how to beat ROB V_V.

wheres the love?

i've always wondered what it would be like if ROB had NES contoller-shaped nunchuck s:roll:

TOASTY!!! THE MAVERICK GOT FOURSTOCKED!

Sudai

Stuff here
I personally like them coming in because if they know how to beat us, it just means we have to develop our Metagame faster. :p

Oh, and I guess I feel like there's a lot of activity in part due to me undergoing a few (semi-)secret ROB projects atm in addition to the colab video.

Niven, doesn't matter how good or bad you are, we need theory before we can apply. If you ever have an opinion on something, post it. If you get shot down, you get shot down, but at the very least it shows other people ideas that don't work and why (which is a very helpful thing none the less). Best case scenario? You find out something really freaking amazing and become the envy of the ROB boards. I'm not saying you have to post, just saying don't be afraid to. (I tend to bite, but I don't bite hard....often)

CJTHeroofTime

Smash Lord
yeah i realized that... I just spent a good 15 min photoshopping a random image that is totally relevant to this discussion... how do i get it up?

Top Bottom