• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ROB Q&A!! Read this before asking questions...ALL OF IT!

TheMike

Smash Lord
Sometimes when I play Diddy, I catch the banana in the air with Z and try to throw it by using C-stick. However, Bair comes out when I C-stick soon after catching the banana.

Silhouette

Smash Lord
Sometimes when I play Diddy, I catch the banana in the air with Z and try to throw it by using C-stick. However, Bair comes out when I C-stick soon after catching the banana.
The following is my theory crafting from my knowledge of diddy and instatossing.

From what i remember my diddy maining friend wakka stating, instatossing is easier when you use L or R instead of Z. I believe this is because L and R force an airdodge, even when catching an item, and C-sticking the throw cancels the airdodge, this is different than Z because of the situation of perfectly catching an item without airdodging, which probably gives you a smaller window to toss.

but just simple theory, I had the same problem at one point.

Deadweight

Smash Ace
Where do you guys bring Falco on a cp stage?
I brought him to Lylatt, in theroy the tilt was to throw off his grab game and his lasers...kind of sort of worked....

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
When I asked DEHF he told me the best place is Lylat. I forget what he said the 2nd was, prob Orpheon.

I normally hate the stage, but playing Keitaro on Yoshis was pretty good yesterday. The edges being lower than the stage really helped my ledge camping.

Silhouette

Smash Lord
I took Shugo to Halberd 2nd game yesterday.

Worked pretty well, ledge camping and getting back on the stage were easy since you can shoot lasers up through the stage and shark.

Tin Man

Smash Hero
but halberd helps his u smash :(

I was gonna say wtf delfino but then understood why delfino works (attack thru stage). For that prupose, brinstar also works. What about rainbow cruise guys.

Altho at the end of the day, i just use Olimar vs Falco, lol sorry guys :p

Silhouette

Smash Lord
Falco's Side B is horrible on Halberd when recoverying, btw.
He cant go for the ledge or he'll fall through, and if he lands on stage he usually will land on the platform, setting up for a U-smash.

Most the time if you take him to brinstar, they'll just switch characters, its that bad for them.

TheMike

Smash Lord
He cant go for the ledge or he'll fall through, and if he lands on stage he usually will land on the platform, setting up for a U-smash.
But before that we can shoot either a laser or a gyro and he will probably recovery using Up B, which is worst. Brinstar is way better than Halberd, but Falco's recovery isn't so good on the latter like it is on other stages.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
It technically doesn't work from any grab guaranteed. You just need to have your opponent not tech the stage.

Silhouette

Smash Lord
It works anytime they hit the stage without teching (except at crazy %), since its a jab lock.

F-throw > F-throw just happens to be a good situation to make them bounce on the stage.

Revolutionary1804

Smash Apprentice
sick new AT instead of wavebouncing and turnning around did you know you could robo booster backwards while facing the same direction.

basically its a retreating robo booster in which instead of turning around you retreat facing them with full backwards momentum.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
I'm a little confused by what you are saying. Do you mean running forward and robo bustering backwards while still facing forward? Is that even possible? I'd imagine if you RAR WB the Up B you could do it.

Revolutionary1804

Smash Apprentice
I'm a little confused by what you are saying. Do you mean running forward and robo bustering backwards while still facing forward? Is that even possible? I'd imagine if you RAR WB the Up B you could do it.
basically ROB is attacking or dashing toward the opponent. You can if u time it right, the robo boost will send you backwards. it will propel you backwards while still facing the opponent.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
So you can do aerials while holding a gyro by buffering them? Wow, does it have to be done after airdodge or is there a better way?

Sudai

Stuff here
Ahv, I think it works as long as you buffer it out of anything (literally any action you take has a buffer window at the end of it). At least I first noticed it when I'd accidentally aerial after I airdodge caught something way back before I switched to Z catching (so like, 5-6 months into the game).

Revo, this was known before, but I'm not sure if it's in the WB thread or not. It should be. All you're doing is a reverse WB. It's like doing a reverse revers Falcon/Warlock punch just on a stricter timing. Can be done with anything that can normally wave bounce (and can be done in the reverse direction..not sure if there's any B moves you can't reverse though).

ccst

Smash Ace
Switch FC
4825-3626-0014
Can anyone tell this more detailed: How do you soft toss glide?

Revolutionary1804

Smash Apprentice
Thanks Sudai. But after doing this twice accidentaly i cant even run and turn the robo booster. do any of you have any hints as to doing it consistently, (not the WB robo booster) just the normal run and turn around robo booster, for edgeguarding

Darth Waffles

Smash Lord
On a related note, I was under smashville in the up B animation, and I hadn't canceled it with anything. All of a sudden, ROB started moving the other way while still facing forward and retaining the speed of the motion. I've done this twice now by accident, switching directions but facing the same way.

Thoughts? This isn't like holding the joystick opposite the motion to slow yourself down and then float the other way. Instead, the change in direction was instantaneous. In both cases, ROB's head was touching the underside of smashville, not just floating in the air.

Darth Waffles

Smash Lord
the turn around up B you're talking about is a lot easier to do with tap jump on. Try practicing the grounded running up B first. Run right, and press up and b at the same time. To end up facing the opposite way while still moving right, instead of pressing up (the 12 o'clock position), press between 11:30 and 12, or between the Northwest and North notches on the joystick. You can get away with pushing it pretty far in the opposite direction and still getting the up B the way you want it.

With tap jump off, it's a little trickier, and harder to explain. The regular grounded up-B will take a little getting used to, but suffice it to say that the window will seem a bit stricter. You can get pretty much the same result if you press a jump button (I use Y) and then immediately press up-B, joystick *slightly* in the opposite direction you're currently facing, so that you turn around. I've found that this works better for me than not hitting the jump button, though both are possible

Silhouette

Smash Lord
Yeah Darth Waffles, thats happened to me alot, just today actually.

Its a glitch that while your pushing up against the bottom of certain stages in your Up-B and hit the part where it turns into the slant you will just bounce off of nothing.

Its a problem with the stage design, another weird developers mistake.

It happens mostly on SV and BF to me, idk why but avoid it because your chances of survival are slim.

Zwarm

Smash Hero
Yeah Darth Waffles, thats happened to me alot, just today actually.

Its a glitch that while your pushing up against the bottom of certain stages in your Up-B and hit the part where it turns into the slant you will just bounce off of nothing.

Its a problem with the stage design, another weird developers mistake.

It happens mostly on SV and BF to me, idk why but avoid it because your chances of survival are slim.
I ****ing hate this glitch, I lost a tournament match on SV because of it. :(

ccst

Smash Ace
Switch FC
4825-3626-0014
I don't understand what you are talking about, can anyone explain/show a video please?

Top Bottom