• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ROB Q&A!! Read this before asking questions...ALL OF IT!

Sudai

Stuff here
You know how if you're in your Up-B and you run into a wall, you will bounce off that wall with equal but opposite momentum? Basically, people are running into a tiny "wall" on the bottom of a level where there shouldn't be one (logically or visibly). This is most likely caused due to design error.

If you still don't get it, go into training on Yoshi's Island and Up-B at the wall of the stage bellow an edge. That's what's happening but on the flat underbelly of a stage where there's no reason for it to happen.

Croissant

Smash Apprentice
That's the most frustrating thing... it's completely fail when you're trying to stall and that happens XP... either you'll just get ledge hogged because it takes so much time or they'll have enough time to just go under and hit you for a stage spike... it's the worst >=[

On another note, is Norfair considered any good for us? I've been taken there before and done pretty well just sharking lasers through the platforms and recovering in really weird ways. But it's really strange to move around there...

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Oh man Norfair is such a fun stage :) I love it.

And yea, it's my #1 DDD cp when legal. Still deciding on a second, Vex recommends Brinstar.

Silhouette

Smash Lord
There is also a wall at the first part for him to CG us against.

Norfair really banks on whether there is a ledge grab limit or not, if theres none we grape, but if there is this stage becomes annoying.

I'm not a fan of janky stages.

Zwarm

Smash Hero
How's D3 on RC? Seems like it'd be really awkward for him to keep up... then again he does have multiple jumps..
As a DDD secondary, I can tell you that I love RC. It's a great stage for him, because there's plenty of walls/walkoffs for CG's, and the low ceilings throughout the stage help his Utilt kill earlier. He doesn't have trouble keeping up either. I can pretty much guarantee ROB would get wrecked by DDD on RC. It's still better for us than Delfino though.

Sudai

Stuff here
All of them depending on the enemy char, the person behind the char, the stage you're on, and where you're coming from specifically. Just try them all out in diff situations and you'll get a handle for it fast.

ccst

Smash Ace
Switch FC
4825-3626-0014
But there is an option for that in Brawl, why do people sometimes put it on?

Sudai

Stuff here
It's preference. I have it on for some characters and off for others.

With tap jump on it's easier to Up-B and USmash out of shield. With tap jump off it's easier to UTilt and UAir plus you can up-b without using any mid-air jumps.

buenob

Smash Lord
just hit dodge (or rob can also use his downB I believe) as you are hitting floor level on a _MOVING_ platform and it will automatically snap you to it...

ccst

Smash Ace
Switch FC
4825-3626-0014
It's preference. I have it on for some characters and off for others.

With tap jump on it's easier to Up-B and USmash out of shield. With tap jump off it's easier to UTilt and UAir plus you can up-b without using any mid-air jumps.
Yeah but do you jump all the time or what happens? xP
I mean, what exactly is it?

ccst

Smash Ace
Switch FC
4825-3626-0014
Okay, but the "joystick", is it the C-stick? And you can jump with "Up" on the analog stick + X and Y buttons. Sorry, but I'm stupid. =P

stingers

Smash Obsessed
is there a picture of robs bair hitbox anywhere

it's constantly surprising me with when it connects and when it doesnt

Top Bottom