• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ROB Q&A!! Read this before asking questions...ALL OF IT!

CJTHeroofTime

Smash Lord
Floating's not an AT... That's like saying dashing or spacing is an AT.

I had read something a couple months ago about CPUs mortar sliding and stuff like that. They were suggesting that computers can adapt some of the button inputs saved on replays, idk if thats true or not.
/qwighji;wgjv indeed.

The Phazon Assassin

Smash Champion
Quick question. R.O.B. Vs Ice Climbers, what's the matchup ratio? Also, what's this Infinite Up-B on Frigate I happened to read about?

Sudai

Stuff here
What Kofu said. Nana also can't DI or SDI so she's easy for ROB to get rid of due to the way his moves hit. Nana's just...gone.

Also, there's no infinite up-b. Nope nope. <.< >.>

TheMike

Smash Lord
And with Nana gone, ROB ***** even more.
By the way, tell us about this Up B infinite. Ò.Ó

CJTHeroofTime

Smash Lord
I think the infinite up-b hes talking about is camping the moving platforms on the second transformation of frigate. I can see that accidentally being called an infinite up-b.

If thats what youre talking about, basically ROB can hang out on the sides of the second transformation on the moving platform. When it leaves, rob can use his jumps and up-b to stay in the air until it comes back, where he can completely refuel and repeat.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
rob does great on bf against most characters, avoid it against gaw, mk, and marth however

edit: this was my 9000th post...lol

stingers

Smash Obsessed
bf against diddy isn't "great" compared to his CPs
i think yoshis is a better neutral too

but its pretty good

Sudai

Stuff here
I try to strike a lot of people to Yoshi's. Diddy is include. It messes with a lit of diddys more than you know. Fly Guys = free gyro charges too. Lasers behind them = safe pressure. It's easier to stop gyros of higher charges on bananas so they protect it better.

I got to SV after. Once again, I can get a gyro of mid-high charge and a banana in the same place easily. Then, they have to jump and it's a distance where if I camp the platform with his other banana, he can't get it back and I have constant pressure on him.

You just need to learn Diddy players Banana patters and then it becomes simple to get the bananas from them. Even the best Diddys will fall to banana patters because there's only so many useful ones. This is what I say about TLinks too, actually. :p

Though a smart Diddy will keep it to one banana. So, even if we have their banana, tey can get our gyro. Lets just hope no smart diddys look here, huh? ;D

Silhouette

Smash Lord
Well im not a fan of YI, for reasons that i cant gap the stage (helps TONS when recovering against MK) and i cant push diddy under the stage, he can also wall cling to wall jump all the way from off the screen improving his recovery greatly (adds two jumps) so hes tougher to gimp, and even if you do edge hog him theres a chance the ghost platform will save him, or he will be able to DI onto the slant on the ledge.

I just prefer something more straight and narrow, still keeping platforms to catch his naners.

I would post this in the Diddy MU thread but were discussing the same thing in both threads, so we should just move it there? Yes?

Neutral

Smash Rookie
How do I improve my glide toss? I've been trying it and only occasionally do I go long distances with my glide toss...

CJTHeroofTime

Smash Lord
How do I improve my glide toss? I've been trying it and only occasionally do I go long distances with my glide toss...
This is really an issue of muscle memory. The best thing to do is to go into practice mode and mess around with the timings until you find the one that produces the most slide. Then its just a matter of practicing that timing until it comes naturally. Although, it does help to know the different timings for both the long and short slides, they can both come in handy.
I actually need to sit and practice my glide-tossing for a while, I've been getting really lazy with them lately.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
i can't go long glide tosses while just screwing around but if I'm in a tournament match then it just happens. lol it's so weird

Darth Waffles

Smash Lord
Wario match-up
Backair. Backair, Backair, and more Backair.

Wario moving around really quickly in the air? Backair. Wario double jumping and dair camping? Backair. It's one-dimensional, it's simple, and it works.

Backair creates a wall while pushing you AWAY from the dair/nair camping. Eventually, the only way for the opponent to get a dair on you is by spacing differently, by which I mean dairing a lot closer than normal. At this range, you can shield>downsmash instead.

When Bairing like a champ, watch that you're not giving up too much space at a time. Jump a little towards wario before backairing, so you don't do like 3 of them and end up at the edge of the stage. Quick turning>fairs will be surprising because the wario should practically be expecting another bair. If the wario is a big fan of immediately double jumping, greet him with a healthy dose of upair once in awhile.

Projectiles aren't as great as they could be, mainly due to Wario's aerial control. you can knock him off the bike with shield>grab if you're fast enough, charged projectiles if you're not, or a safe Nair. Watch the fsmash since it has super armor and will hit you even if you hit him back. If you're in KO percents and the wario sidesteps (not fearing a downsmash or nair from you), an fsmash is probably coming.

Being juggled by wario or recovering (high) can be a problem. Upair rips through most everything ROB has, so get grounded ASAP, or recover lower if you can. You can grab release>Upsmash wario, but don't count on getting too many grabs, considering how the wario will probably move out of grab range after an aerial, and how you will be abusing Backair for all it is worth. The hitboxes for wario's waft can be deceiving, so be ready to shield or roll out of the way if necessary. Hope this helped a bit

Syde7

The Sultan of Smut
NNID
syde_7
Try to do it a few diff ways.

I do mine with the c-stick, and use "L" as the button for the roll. I can't do it at all with "R", lol. Also, I used to to it by hitting both L&R at the same time, and c-sticking the throw. It worked, but then I moved on to using just one button. Experiment, find something you can do it as more consistently, and practice that set-up.

CJTHeroofTime

Smash Lord
If you are at killing percentages (or ever, really) and Wario nairs into you, watch out because he can autocancel into fsmash. Its really easy to shield/avoid if you know about it. Now you know about it. dont get hit by it.
Also, Wario is one of the matchups I find pivot grabs useful, thats how I tend to get grabs in this matchup.
I also find just walking away from wario and turning with an f-tilt works well, especially when mixed in with the back airs. Not sure if I described it okay, but I find it messes with Warios spacing.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
cjt wario combos nair into grab more often then fsmash. rolling backwards is better.
also we have nothing out of grab release. unless you somehow manage to grab him over an edge so his feet are dangling. not only that, while breaking out, he has to press x/y/or Up in order to count as an air release. so if the wario doesnt know that and you somehow manage to grab him over an edge, you can do an up angled fsmash.

Silhouette

Smash Lord
Thanks everyone for help with the Wario MU, its one ive been having trouble with.

^^^Like stingers said, if Wario doesn't press jump while trying to escape your grab, he will ground release. If he does press jump you can aim a Fsmash up to hit him, as long as he doesn't hit a platform (he doesn't need to be dangling for this to be guaranteed).

stingers

Smash Obsessed
also I think gyro is really useful in this matchup because normally a waro will try to dair your shield and retreat back so you cant shieldgrab him, if you just position yourself so the gyro will be where he'll retreat to his options become terrible and he either has to get hit by the gyro, land in front of you for a shieldgrab, or retreat before dairing which leaves him open, without a double jump

CJTHeroofTime

Smash Lord
cjt wario combos nair into grab more often then fsmash. rolling backwards is better..
Its funny because I was thinkin about this after I posted, since its been a while since Ive played a wario lol. I realized, wait, if he can fsmash out of a nair, he can probably just grab you every time if he sees you shield every time lol. My bad. Although, Id rather be grabbed than fsmashed. (still, rolling=better)

stingers

Smash Obsessed
at low% watch out for full hopped dairs because ROB is tall enough they'll hit. if he gets a full hopped dair on you it combos into falling uair which will lead to at least 1 more uair, 2 if you don't DI it right. it does lots of damage and you don't want that to happen. SH dair doesn't combo into uair so thats "okay". also sometimes they'll just straight up go for a falling uair at low% but its really easy to shield on reaction when you see them above you and not going for a dair lol.

Top Bottom