• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ROB Q&A!! Read this before asking questions...ALL OF IT!

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
Ftilt. Weegee has horrible range. Just fight with Fairs, angled ftilts and fsmashes and projectiles. Just play gay.

edit: oh yea, don't get grabbed.

Darth Waffles

Smash Lord
Tip: Don't get greedy, and this isn't a Luigi-specific thing, either. If you find yourself getting repeatedly uptilted at low percents, do NOT try to get an nair in. you'll get hit with 3-4+ uptilts and it won't be worth it. Just jump/upB away and come in from the side again.

CJTHeroofTime

Smash Lord
She moves so fast that it becomes difficult to control the pace of the match, which gets to me a lot more than some of the other factors sometimes.

Syde7

The Sultan of Smut
NNID
syde_7
I think he does a-ok on PS1. I counterpick it at times if Japes isn't legal, Frigate gets opponent banned, and there's the risk of my opponent playing MK should I go RC, in select matchups.

Syde7

The Sultan of Smut
NNID
syde_7
Yeah. And i think on that portion of the stage, (might be a diff transformation, but i think its that one) if you stand on the slant and d-smash, it goes under the stage which can totally mindfux someone who is recovering. But, several other chars have that same ability (GaW d-tilt por ejemplo)

Tin Man

Smash Hero
pkmn stadium is nice and long, rock transformation doesnt really help anyone, fire gives walls to dtilt lock, grass is alright, work around the bumps in the ground and ur ok, and water is sick cause it lets u d smash under the windmill

CJTHeroofTime

Smash Lord
... and there's the risk of my opponent playing MK should I go RC, in select matchups.
I've just completely stopped CPing RC altogether, its basically giving your opponent the opportunity to CP you.
I <3 downsmashing them when the windmill is right above us. It sets them up into another dsmash lol. And if they think they're cute and tech, just upsmash lol.
Windmill mayhem=mad fun.
BTW Quoting you is RIDICULOUS you and that color gradient.

, rock transformation doesnt really help anyone
T-Jolt spam is ridiculous on this transformation.

Syde7

The Sultan of Smut
NNID
syde_7
I've just completely stopped CPing RC altogether, its basically giving your opponent the opportunity to CP you.

Windmill mayhem=mad fun.
BTW Quoting you is RIDICULOUS you and that color gradient.

T-Jolt spam is ridiculous on this transformation.
Ya, I never was a fan of RC if I had any inkling the opponent had any INKLING of how to play MK. Back in the day... it was a decent shot. Now-a-days... practically anyone can use MK to some extent.

We really need to find another good, all purpose CP. We started off with:

Japes
Luigis
Orpheon
RC

now we've got...

Orpheon, which gets banned. Siege. Japes if its legal. Any thoughts? I was getting decent on Pictochat until people started banning that.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
siege is a awful CP for ROB

orpheon isnt as amazing as it should be, its just rly rly cool

am i the only one that thinks MK on RC isn't that bad compared to most other stages?

go to SV or something. it wont get banned, just beat them with skill on a neutral, and that platform does wonders for rob

TheMike

Smash Lord
ROB actually does well on PS1. It isn't one of the best CPs for ROB though. I'd rather CP Frigate or Castle Siege. Personally, I don't like JJ very much, but it's also a nice CP.

Also, avoid PS1 against Zamus.

I want Skyworld as a CP. :( :( :(

TheMike

Smash Lord
Yoshi's is godlike. Shooting angled laser of the ground ftw.
Yeah, that's good, but on some other stages, such as Halberd, you can also do it. Using Halberd as an example, ROB does better there than on Yoshi's IMO.

You can shark some opponents, kill earlier(Opponent above the plattform + Usmash ftw) and stuff. On Yoshi's, sometimes you'll have some problems when catching the Gyro. I know that if you DA, you'll do so, but sometimes DA isn't really safe.

And quoting you isn't really good. :(

Edit: Skyworld'll always be ROB's best stage.

buenob

Smash Lord
i actually find castle's first transition really awkward for rob... he's too big to hide, and there's not enough room to ledge pressure... the 2nd is good but d3 loves it more, and the 3rd doesn't really help rob all that much

still a fine level, i just am not the biggest fan

Top Bottom