• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ROB+: Organic Meatbags Beware!

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
yea rob plus is a monster he just feels so fast and d-throw to nair combos are crazy. right now he is by far my best and atm my 2nd fav to play (bowser+ is really fun)

omegawhitemage

BRoomer
BRoomer
I pretty much only play rob and ivysaur right now but i only have limited experience with the game thus far.

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
ROB in brawl+ seems so good to me. i really feel invincible when i play as him, i usually play my friends using someone else b/c i almost feel its unfair to play rob. I mean everything that almost comboed in vbrawl works, he feels much faster his projectile game is still amazing, and MK is no longer huge *****.

I know this is not the most on topic post but i just feel he is so good/fun to play i wanted to say something about it.

HolyNightmare

Smash Champion
There's only 1 character that really shut down ROB badly at the moment and it's Wario, mostly cause when you're trying to recover he doesn't let you touch the ground from the sides and ROB recovery is extremely nerfed in Brawl+.
ROB still has problem vs space animals too but otherwise he seem to have advantage in most matchup and has a lot of 50-50.

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
^ i have yet to play a good wario but i really don't see how he could keep me from landing. I also don't think robs recover has been nerfed just changed and i am mostly readjusted to it and now can use it to my advantage. i use to get punished a lot for not being able to grab the edge while doing my UP-B but thats not a problem for me at all anymore.

I would say robs to worst MU are G&W but that is still not that bad and very winnable, and maybe falco but i have yet to play a great falco. Fox i don't have a problem with and i have not played a good wolf yet.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Have you tried side-B from high up? It's too fast for most characters to punish unless they're really expecting it. Make sure to only tap it once though, otherwise it's punishable.

And yeah, spacies are my hardest matchups. It can be difficult to deal with G&W but at least he can't kill ROB (if you get hit by one of his smashes, ur doin it rong). Wario I don't have a problem with but then again I've never played Ally in B+ :p

I'm just thankful that MK is nowhere near as hard to fight as he is in vBrawl. It's still tricky though and if you're not careful he will gimp you very low.

zaf

Smash Lord
So how **** is J caesie at this game fo' real? He must be the worst r.o.b player out there.
The fact that he isn't placing high with rob is a sure sign.
R.o.b has mad problems that aren't fixed, and i'm sure its like that because J ****sar is in the wbr, sucking his thumb.

Spot dodge is ridiculous. It punishes aggressiveness against a campy character. If you even attempt to attack rob, he will either just grab you, or spot dodge into anything.

Then there is his d/f throw ( i dont ****ing remember, ill find out later lol. or even better, holy can come in here and talk about some of the bs rob has). It is impossible to DI. This isn't just coming from me, but all of the players from montreal who play against holy.

Rob literally just sits there spot dodging everything, then grabbing, after which is followed up by an aerial of choice.

Ceasie needs to step up his game in b+, rather then just buffing a character out the ***.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
Maybe Holy is too good.
Nerf Canada.
They have people like Holy and Ally. They break the game. They need to be brought down to like... Mexico level.

HolyNightmare

Smash Champion
So how **** is J caesie at this game fo' real? He must be the worst r.o.b player out there.
The fact that he isn't placing high with rob is a sure sign.
R.o.b has mad problems that aren't fixed, and i'm sure its like that because J ****sar is in the wbr, sucking his thumb.

Spot dodge is ridiculous. It punishes aggressiveness against a campy character. If you even attempt to attack rob, he will either just grab you, or spot dodge into anything.

Then there is his d/f throw ( i dont ****ing remember, ill find out later lol. or even better, holy can come in here and talk about some of the bs rob has). It is impossible to DI. This isn't just coming from me, but all of the players from montreal who play against holy.

Rob literally just sits there spot dodging everything, then grabbing, after which is followed up by an aerial of choice.

Ceasie needs to step up his game in b+, rather then just buffing a character out the ***.
1: His spotdodge is pretty much the same as everyone else in the game.

2: Everyone has a grab that combo into something wtf Zaf, beside dthrow to "insert attack here" only really works well vs Fast fallers.

3: ROB was never really buffed, his only buffs are sideb and upthrow. His recovery is pretty nerfed imo so it's balance it out.

4:I don't deny ROB is a very good character, I say he's easily top 10 but I haven't really proved it outside of my own region so far lol. Don't forget Zaf that ROB is my main in Brawl and most of it carried on, I'm much more skilled in vBrawl than most of the people in my region not to brag but it's true. I've played wifi a bit too much :bee:

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Haha I think Holy took that more seriously than I did :p

It's a moot point. ROB's barely been touched and he's in a great spot. He's solid but with weaknesses, has good and bad matchups, and is obviously capable of winning a tournament if you're good enough with him. Every character should aspire to be ROB.

Veril

Frame Savant
2: Everyone has a grab that combo into something wtf Zaf, beside dthrow to "insert attack here" only really works well vs Fast fallers.
Most characters, but not all, have at least one really legit throw combo. Zelda and Jiggs are the notable exceptions.

Rob's throws are some of the best in the game, the only throw that immediately comes to mind as being superior to his d-throw is Lucario's up-throw (that is getting altered to fix its ridiculous CGs). Rob's d-throw is just... really good without being a chainthrow **** machine.

zaf

Smash Lord
Well caesar, like i said you are horribly **** at this game and can not push the character to its potential like holy can. So you aren't the one who gets to see the real bs that r.o.b pulls off.

it's sad to watch players like chesterr01 and elef always make it to wf,gf just to get mamed by r.o.b's retardedness. Every other player just sits there in disgust as holy wins.

Holy even beats ally now, and holy is still complaining about wario. Holy is a whiny ***** who wants **** his way just so he can continue to win money that he doesnt deserve.

it's not even like holy is levels ahead of us. Ally is more beatable then him, and ally >>> Holy.

oh, and **** caesar, please tell me his bad mu's and weaknesses u tard lolol

Jer

Smash Ace
I've beaten both Ally and Holy, and yes, ROB has some brokenness, please buff Jiggs spotdodge to Robs, so i can start grabbing everything, i'd love that.

We seriously need to get videos of how ******** ROB is.

zaf

Smash Lord
It's sad that the feedback coming to this thread is being ignored lol. This thread is for discussion and ours is being thrown out by ignorance.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
If it's legit feedback on a character, it helps when it doesn't look like you're trolling ._.

zaf

Smash Lord
Oh no, Trust me i am not trolling. R.o.b is stupid, and it is not being recognized. What we have to say is being ignored. And i am sure the only reason is because caesar is that bad at the game/character. Thus making anything we say seem like nothing since he is in the wbr.

Rob doesnt have any bad mu's at the moment because he just needs to spot dodge, grab, then auto-combo any character. The strategy is the same for every mu you watch holy play. There is no adjusting or anything happening at holy's end, just the same mindless strategy. Caesar is just to stupid to play like holy.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
I don't really believe any of this is legitimate...has ROBs spotdodge been buffed from normal brawl to plus or something? If it has, then just put it back to its vBrawl version. If not, lolwtf get better.

zaf

Smash Lord
Hey guys, remember when we all played vbrawl. And we all complained about mks tornado, because it was so broken? Well i have another question. Did mk hop into rob during the making of b+, because im sure that's why r.o.b's side-b is so comparable to mk's tornado.

Shield pokes, goes through projectiles, tech chase with it, very hard to punish. HMMMMMMMMM, Seems like similar traits to me, yet we are working towards a balanced game with this move in it? I must be a ****ing wack job to even compare the two moves right rob mains? Cuz rob is so ****ing **** right?

stingers

Smash Obsessed
Uh, Jer, I'm not sure you're the right kind of person that can insult someone for being unknown. Sorry bud

Alphatron

Smash Champion
lol ROBs spotdodge had its invul frames cut down on...you know like EVERY other character in the game. Brawl+ made it worse alongside every other character's spotdodge/airdodge.

And I like how zaf forgot to troll on how annoying spotdodge-dsmash is. D=

stingers

Smash Obsessed
Oh boy...you're right, I can't compete with that kind of status, Jer. If you're going to Apex, we should MM so you can take my money :laugh:

zaf

Smash Lord
i didnt forget to "troll" on that Because i just sdi out of the dsmash. lolnub

lol stingers, if ally goes to apex and you can manage to atleast take 2 stocks off him, then we might consider coming to the us

stingers

Smash Obsessed
Yeah, I am pretty bad at this game...I understand if my money's not good enough for you yet. Maybe someday I'll be good enough to play with you guys :urg:

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
I definitely just assumed you were trolling from the way you posted.

Your feedback isn't being ignored, but you aren't saying much beyond "Someone is consistently winning in our region, nerf his character" even though that someone is obviously one of the top players in your region and in Brawl+ at large. Maybe Ally is a better player overall, but did you ever think that maybe he beats Ally not because ROB is broken, but because ROB counters Ally's characters (that and they know each other's style very well)? ROB most definitely beats Snake, and I personally have always thought that ROB does well vs Wario too. Maybe Ally just needs to pick up a spacie or ZSS or some other character that has a more favorable matchup vs ROB.

I picked up Wolf as a secondary because he's both easier to play and a straight-up better character than ROB, and he still is in 6.0 in my opinion. I use him in against ROB in fact, because I find it easier to beat ROB with Wolf than in the ditto.

There's just very little evidence to support the claim that ROB is broken. Chibo and I are both solid ROB players, not on Holy's level obviously, and we've been placing decently but not above where we deserve imo. Holy is just really good and would be placing very high regardless of character. He just happens to be a ROB main which is why Montreal is suddenly crying about ROB.

I don't really believe any of this is legitimate...has ROBs spotdodge been buffed from normal brawl to plus or something? If it has, then just put it back to its vBrawl version. If not, lolwtf get better.
Nope, it's been nerfed actually.

And wow this thread moved fast, wtf...

Jer

Smash Ace
As much as we seem like were trolling with our posts about ROB, were giving serious feedback on the way he stands as of now.

Ally is playing Wario, which also has broken aspects, which im not sure if they're being ignored or not.

What was stated about ROB, his spotdodge is relatively quick, and leads into ANYTHING. Dthrow leads into Nair against any character other then Jiggs.

His poke is crazy, it leads into grab, which leads into what was stated before.

I'm sure there's more but i can't think of it right now, Zaf or Thatguy would have to tell you, or Holy himself

chesterr01

BRoomer
BRoomer
Well I have these issues to bring up. I'm a bit more knowledgeable than and more open to discussion than zaf and jer, (and probably less of a jerk too) so bare with me.

I was talking with Holy after we played, and he was telling me only a handful of characters can get out of the piledriver into nair combo. The thing is that the throw into nair works from 0-160% on most characters, not just fast fallers.
It's not like it's Melee Fox's upthrow (where you can DI the throw, and if that doesn't work, smash DI the uair or survival DI the bair). The move is a sure hit/kill on most characters from 0-160. It's not like it's hard to grab in B+. If a throw comboes into a kill move, it should be at set percentages. Dthrow knee won't work at low percentages in Melee, but it will work at higher percentages. There's a reason why. There's has to be some change in the knockback scaling or whatever you call it.

Also, if ROB gets a throw with his opponent at low percentage near the edge, it's a free push off stage to edgehog/edgeguard. He has a lot of soft hit set ups already, so it usually leads into weak hits into another grab into edgeguard.
Example: After trying out a bunch of characters at yesterday's tournament, I got thrown at 0% about a roll's length away from the edge with Ganon. Get thrown, and there's no way you can DI far enough, you can't do anything, there's no option to survive. Comes the throw follow up into fair 2-3 times into reverse bair. Combo DI will never save you, and it's the same with a lot of characters. Of course, this is traditional ROB stuff, but you should be able to find a way to DI or survive everything in B+.

Holy straight up told me, if you want to beat ROB you have to take a character like Jiggs/Wario/Luigi/TL, the few really floaty. Even Pit isn't light enough apparently. That's kinda lame, that's what 5-6 characters? You guys have to know that ever since vbrawl, his game has been mostly revolving around mid range zoning, and grabs. Holy grabs a lot, which most ROB+ don't do. To us Montrealers, it is obvious that his grab has to be looked at. It has the same issues as Yoshi/Ganon's upthrow right now. I'd say Yoshi is even more problematic since his grab range is already beastly, and leads into uair the same way ROB's leads to nair.

I think with just a throw nerf, ROB will be beastly enough.

zaf

Smash Lord
Ok then, we will definately get vids then to back up the bs. What we have now is that holy is just 3-4 stocking the people he plays against in GF, when there is no way it should be happening. I just laugh at the matches i watched this weekend because there is no other way of expressing how i feel when watching rob play

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
Here's a list:

Mario
Samus
Zero Suit Samus
Kirby
Fox
Game & Watch
Luigi
Diddy
Zelda
Sheik
Pit
Metaknight
Squirtle
Ivysaur
Charizard
Ike
Snake
Peach
Ganondorf
Ice Climbers
Wolf
Lucario
Ness
Sonic
Wario
R.O.B
Captain Falcon
Lucas

Those are all the characters who share the exact same spotdodge as ROB.

ROB's grab hits frame 6.
Let's look at the characters who share his same spotdodge and grab speed.

Mario
Luigi
Peach
Wario
Sonic
G&W
Ness
Lucario
Charizard
Squirtle
Wolf
Fox
Meta Knight
Kirby
Pit
Sheik
Ice Climbers

If you can't get past ROB's spotdodge into grab, then I'm feeling really bad for you against all of those characters as well.

But surely it must be ROB's grab range that makes it broken with him right?

Well a fun fact is that Kirby, Meta Knight, Squirtle and Charizard all have the exact same spotdodge and grab speed as ROB, and an even LONGER grab.
So if ROB has a broken spotdodge>grab then dear God going up against Kirby, Meta Knight, Squirtle, or Charizard must be a nightmare.

ROB is good. Holy is probably too good.

This post is a troll... I just find this all a little funny

chesterr01

BRoomer
BRoomer
Oh no, Trust me i am not trolling. R.o.b is stupid, and it is not being recognized. What we have to say is being ignored. And i am sure the only reason is because caesar is that bad at the game/character. Thus making anything we say seem like nothing since he is in the wbr.

Rob doesnt have any bad mu's at the moment because he just needs to spot dodge, grab, then auto-combo any character. The strategy is the same for every mu you watch holy play. There is no adjusting or anything happening at holy's end, just the same mindless strategy. Caesar is just to stupid to play like holy.
double post on purpose

zaf your arguments are weak. there's nothing with spot dodge, and the fact that you say that holy only spot dodge to grab is ******** and makes you look like a bad player (sorry, it's the truth). Besides, holy never spot dodged against me because he knew it would get punished if he did, but maybe it worked wonders against you. He just straight up grabbed me or set up a weak hit into grab, or did one of his lame gyro grab set ups.

Holy is not mindless, he's a good player, don't take that away from him. Stay objective, subjectivity only nerfs the strength of your arguments.

Jer

Smash Ace
I can literally beat every character you listed with that spotdodge, when top players use them also.

It's just something about ROB dude, seriously.

I have a doubles vid on Zafs Wii i'll upload tomorrow featuring Mr.Holy.

Top Bottom