• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ROB+: Organic Meatbags Beware!

zaf

Smash Lord
Well everything we have said, just assume that we were talking about U-throw. We can start from there.
let's just pretend we didn't mention d-throw and we only spoke of u-throw.
Yes it does combo, and yes it does allow for set up kills.

Bandit

Smash Lord
Soooo... what is the complaint about uthrow then? It's a very mediocre throw. It doesn't kill most characters until >160% or so, and it doesn't combo into anything anywhere near kill %. It combos well at very low % but so does everything else. It's borderline useless and the only worse throw ROB has is fthrow.
What more is there to discuss? If you are being hit by uthrow->nair combo at kill %, YOU are screwing up.

/Discussion

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
No, it does not. The only way ROB could hit you with nair at kill % after an uthrow is if he double-jumps and up-Bs for a few seconds to chase you, because it has too much growth, and you would be out of hitstun long before he could reach you. There's nothing more to say.

It almost made sense when you were talking about dthrow. It is completely off-base if you're talking about uthrow.

chesterr01

BRoomer
BRoomer
Ya, I facepalmed at the whole thing as well. Now I'm completely clueless since Holy only used *thinks twice* upthrow into nair, and I couldn't DI or jump/jump-airdodge away from the nair so I'm just gonna say my bad. I still had a lot of trouble getting out of the combo with Pit though, so I don't understand. Anyway, it's gonna take another month and a half before I play against R.O.B. again so whatever. Actually, come to think of it, I might never play against a R.O.B. again, since I don't think I'll be showing at events to partcipate for a while.

zaf

Smash Lord
then who knows which grab it is at this point. maybe it is d-throw. i got them all screwed up. This is beyond confusing now because all tourney long i just watched holy nair people out of a grab at all %'s. Or rarely there was a f-throw to something off stage/ b-throw off stage. I will go home tonight and just verify which we are speaking off. sorry again for the confusion. >___>

chesterr01

BRoomer
BRoomer
No, it does not. The only way ROB could hit you with nair at kill % after an uthrow is if he double-jumps and up-Bs for a few seconds to chase you, because it has too much growth, and you would be out of hitstun long before he could reach you. There's nothing more to say.
You are going against why Holy says. Holy said that only a few characters could escape the throw set up, and he never used dthrow on me (dthrow being the jack hammer throw). This is what's boggling my mind right now.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
I'm 90% sure Holy was talking about dthrow.

Unless you're talking about at low %. ROB can combo uthrow or dthrow to nair pretty easily at low %. But so what? It's not very good at low % and it's never the best option out of a low % throw.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Side-B was an accident of the physics. ROB has gotten a few small buffs and a few small nerfs but compared to most of the cast, he's barely been touched from his vBrawl incarnation.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
His side-B wasn't "buffed" per se. Like I said, it was an accident of the physics, but seeing as it made a previously useless move somewhat useful, it was left in.

I'll try to list all the buffs/nerfs I can remember. Don't consider this a comprehensive changelist, just the important stuff.

Buffs:
-uthrow kills a little better
-higher fgrav to allow slightly faster jumps (not the only one)
-a few Sakurai angle removals on things like ftilt and laser and ... I can't remember what else atm (universal buff)
-side-B by accident of physics

Nerfs:
-dsmash, in damage, kill ability, and combo ability
-utilt in many ways
-dthrow to not combo so well
-dair landing lag (no idea why :laugh:)
-dash attack I think maybe? I know it was fiddled with, I dunno where it stands compared to vBrawl now
-up-B due to removal of autosnapping (universal nerf)
-spotdodge/airdodge (universal nerf)

I think that's pretty much it. ROB has never needed more than minor tweaks.

NOTE: This is all from vBrawl. AFAIK the only thing he's gotten in 7.0 is the Sakurai angle removals.

Top Bottom