• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Road to Apex: The Big House 2 feat. Mango, Hungrybox, KirbyKaze!

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Need a teammate, use Fox/DK in Doubles based on what we need.

ORLY

Smash Master
i think tournaments like these with so many people needing teammates should have a thread somewhere

like a teammate matchmaking

someone get on that

.Ðempt

Certified Ponch
i think tournaments like these with so many people needing teammates should have a thread somewhere

like a teammate matchmaking

someone get on that
I'm not even worried about it. If I don't get a partner I'm cool with, then I'm just not going to play lol

metroid1117

Smash Master
Would anyone be able to pick up Wake and I from the Megabus stop in Ann Arbor?
What time is your bus coming? I'm not sure about the ride situation for IL (it hasn't been discussed yet), but if we get there earlier or around the same time as you guys then we could arrange to pick you up.

In any case, I'm looking forward to rooming with you and Wake! (I'm Brian on the Facebook group.)

Maxwell Too Swell

Smash Apprentice
What time is your bus coming? I'm not sure about the ride situation for IL (it hasn't been discussed yet), but if we get there earlier or around the same time as you guys then we could arrange to pick you up.

In any case, I'm looking forward to rooming with you and Wake! (I'm Brian on the Facebook group.)
We'll be arriving in Ann Arbor around 10:30 at night. Yeah, we're excited to room with you guys, too.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
A couple important announcements:

The building manager at Pierpont is concerned about the room capacity after hearing about our expected turnout. I was basically told yesterday that I have to control attendance or else risk losing privileges to the venue for future events. So we're capping this tourney at 128 entrants. I don't expect the number to get there too soon, but if you're set on attending and still haven't registered, now would be an excellent time to do so lol.

Registration will close either on September 25th or when we reach 128 entrants, whichever happens first.

On a similar note, our new spectating policy is that there will be no spectating, period. You have to enter an event (either Melee Singles, Melee Doubles, or Project M Singles) in order to be allowed into the venue. We simply cannot afford to waste space on people who don't enter any events, sorry. Anyone who planned on bringing spectating friends, please communicate this clearly to them. We will tell people to leave if they show up on tourney day without registering for an event... unfortunate but necessary.

As far as the cap goes, 128 entrants is not some magic number we have to completely abide by, so there is some flexibility if you can't register before we reach the cap. PM me if this is the case, but you better have a good reason why, such as not being able to book a plane ticket from OoR yet.

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Is there a list of currently registered people / number of already registered somewhere?

TheCrimsonBlur

Smash Master
Yeah, if thats the case, I recommend everyone register asap. Without the cap, I'd have expected this to get ~140-150, so don't be surprised if you end up as one of the poor few that have to be turned away if you try to register too late.

Theres a ton of risk in waiting...don't be that guy

SonuvaBeach

Smash Lord
Damnnnnnn a cap that's rough. 128 for melee right, not plus + project m?

Also what is the situation with TV's? I can bring two full setups if needed if I could get a little bit more of a discount.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
128 Melee Singles entrants is the cap, to clarify.

The venue can probably fit up to 150, but it would get extremely crowded. It becomes a question of, would you rather have a comfortable tourney with the turnout in the 130's, or would you rather trip over legs and chairs all weekend so an extra 15-20 people can show up. I think this had to be done.

@ Josh: $10 back per full setup, so you would get $20 off.

What's The Point

Smash Master
Oh ****, Project M got filled. I was going to just stop by and spectate but now I can't, and I don't want to take a spot from an actual Melee player by registering.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
haha i may be down, but if blitzbolt wanted to team with me he'd better tell me soon

gotta team with those best buds

i'll let you know soon ish
FWIW, he and Teczero did amazing at Apex 2012. I think they got 9th, beating Zhu + Hack and Eggz + Silent Wolf among some other good teams.

KishPrime

King of the Ship of Fools
BRoomer
Squared and Joshu are both laming out on me, so I'm not sure I'll be making it. Shrug.

Plus Project M is full now. Oh well. :(

Top Bottom