• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Road to APEX: Kings of Cali- SephirothKen! BRING A SETUP! - stream by VGbootcamp

Status
Not open for further replies.

sirlaser

Smash Journeyman
A lot of people are putting Ken on a pedestal. Understandable, but not legit. He's still good, but that commentary ("FD doesn't have a low ceiling!")...

Stream was awesome for the last parts of singles. Good **** Dr.PP. I've been waiting for this day. Also him and HBox are competing for the title nicest smashers ever:
Battlecow said:
Dr.PP is THE nicest person ever. I can kill PP's father in front of him and he'll still give me money.

ComboFest

Smash Lord
Guys, there were like 6 recording setups spread out throughout the venue. Expect matches. And the matches should be on vgbootcamp at some time.

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
Wow, that was pretty amazing. Anyway, unless I'm mistaken, top 8 ended up being

1. Dr. PP
2. Mango
3. Axe
4. Shroomed
5. Fly
5. PewPewU
7. Westballz
7. SFAT
Oh, I was just off of being right. I'd called westballz not getting top-8. Guess I was wrong. :x

... This time.

Battlecow

Play to Win
No **** mango didn't admit he was johning, that's what a john is

but even his most devoted fans knew that one wasn't legit

Congrats to Dr. PP. This one has been in the works for a while... he's definitely a CONTENDER now. He just needs a couple more like that to cement his place...

Battlecow

Play to Win
He said "I'm not warmed up!" with the john face on when Hugs asked him what was going on

Two days ago he was talking about how good he was and how well and how much he was playing. and all of a sudden because he lost he wasn't playing his best. OK bro. Just like he's never been playing well any time he's lost because he's just sooooooooo invincible.

listen to the hugs interview.

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
No **** mango didn't admit he was johning, that's what a john is

but even his most devoted fans knew that one wasn't legit

Congrats to Dr. PP. This one has been in the works for a while... he's definitely a CONTENDER now. He just needs a couple more like that to cement his place...
Hahahahhahahah PP is a "CONTENDER" now? **** off PP has been top 3 in the world for almost 2 years now, Ever since ROM when he beat m2k, then he won pound 5 are people not counting that tournament because there was no pay out?

joejoe22802

Smash Ace
Holy crap this was a good one. I wanna thank all of team Oxy for doing a great justice for Melee. I learned so much. I hope Ken's results shed light on the weaknesses and strengths of the current metagame, I think there is so much to learn from in this instance.

Best teachers in different ways for me recently. (Lovage, Zhu, S2J, SFAT, KK, Tafokints).
Thanks for the money matches (Toph, Matt Anderson, ZeldaFreak, Anto, Paul, Tapez).

Realized how tunnel visioned my game had become. As much as I love walls of text, I realize if you can't see the beauty in one sentence advice, you'll probably never be good.
Once again thanks for this great tournament.

Battlecow

Play to Win
Hahahahhahahah PP is a "CONTENDER" now? **** off PP has been top 3 in the world for almost 2 years now, Ever since ROM when he beat m2k, then he won pound 5 are people not counting that tournament because there was no pay out?
Someone has no ****ing idea what he's talking about

You really think he deserves to be called the undisputed world champion after winning one tournament which Armada did not attend? "Contender" is exactly how I would describe him. Yeah, I think he'll win Apex and stuff and be the undisputed best in the near future. But to say that he's more than a contender now is ****ing ignorant.

joejoe22802

Smash Ace
Hey so if he's just a contender does that make mango or armada contenders too? or are they just the best until PP is the best?

Wieners

Smash Apprentice
Armada/Mango/PeePee are all contenders for the title "Best in the world". Armada is probably the best right now until proven otherwise. PeePee is up there though so we'll see at Apex. They've all been playing ****ing amazing.

COCO

Smash Cadet
hey guys i left my TV @ jakes yesterday. it's a phillips magnabox, black, with ~20in screen. it was near the entrance between both rooms. if anyone's seen it or has it, let me know. thx.

WestBallz

Smash Ace
LOOOOL why are people such *******? did u not see mango 3-0 him in winners? u guys that stupid? Mango is the best. It's literally that simple noobs. He probably let him win cause he traveled this far and payed for a flight. ****ING JABRONIES

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
lmao you can't win one set and lay claim to the whole tournament. if you get learned and don't adjust that's what it looks like. kevin even goofed around and went marth during that 3-0 so if you wanna take that as the "true" set then keep your blinders on and watch the replay until apex.

WestBallz

Smash Ace
Yeahhh ur dumb end of story. Keep my blinders on? Ur really that ******** enough to say that when u werent even there and i was. I even talked to peepee and mango after. YOUR THE DUMBEST **** EVER SERIOUSLY. If u rewatch GF u can just see mango ****ing around the whole time but i guess ur to bad at this game to even realize whats going on.

Todd Bonney

Smash Lord
Lovage talked at length on the stream specifically about how Mango was playing to win. Then he got second and west coast went into damage control mode. If Mango were the best, he would have won. No johns.

DanteFox

Smash Champion
lol Mango didn't even start trying until he lost the first set and the first two games of the second set which is when he started to feel the heat. He gained momentum but PP pulled it back just enough to take it. It was a legit win, but it's not like PP wasn't sweating his *** off in order to get it done.

Also, one win does not make him better than mango. You guys should know this by now.

WestBallz

Smash Ace
Another ******** pp fanboy at its finest. Mango is better end of story. If mango were even remotely threatened by this win he would go to rom5 and beat him there. But nope he isn't and said it himself. But i don't expect u to listen to someone who actually plays the game at a high lvl. But **** it u ******** fanboys will continue on. W.e im done trying to convince noobs of the reality of things. I wonder what u phaggots wouldve said if axe didnt choke and beat pp. But w.e u noobs will stay noobs for a reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom