• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Road to APEX: Kings of Cali results! - Nov 10th, 2012 - Pasadena, CA

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
GREAT tournament. Amazing venue, great people.

I wanna visit Socal again soon.

Edit: oh yeah, thanks for the streamers for coming out and getting a great stream set up. And thanks to Stab, Sung and TCB for everything :D

princess kitty

Smash Rookie
thank you TCB, stab, and sung for running an amazing tourney even with ****ty internet and slightly delayed matches and watnot
you did AWESOMEEEEEE!!!! :grin:

shout-out to my norcal boys :ibwc:
you guys brought it hard and represented :)
alan, darrell, scar, kevin, zac, zhu, peter, bobby, luis (:love:), alvin, sheridan, boback, julian, elipsing binary, daniel, dajuan, eric...and i THINK thats it

stabbedbyanipple

Smash Master
Full shoutouts later but for now, just shoutouts to the staff for being AMAZING AND FINISHING THIS 128 MAN TOURNEY + CREWS IN 1 DAY

Arian (TCB) - Man, you did what no other lazy *** socal player could do in the absence of Champ/Neal/Pat, and you organized a ****ing regional man! I give you so much props for talking to everyone, setting all this stuff up, flying out the streaming team, getting the catering, and getting the extension on time. As an organizer, you ****ing **** man. As a TO, ehhh you could use some work, but hey that's what the rest of the staff are for. My biggest complaint is that you were a bit too confident that everything would finish on time, and I really had to tell you "hey ____ needs to start SOON" and I felt like I had to do a crazy amount of work to get the first 6-7 pools off the ground, but after that you stepped your game up. I don't know if we'll ever use this venue again for a regional, but if so then we should invest in a megaphone or something to get our voices heard in the second room, because that was a pretty annoying problem. However, I'm sure you were busy with your own stuff and everything finished on time anyway so WHATEVER, ****.

Sung - I know you were run ragged throughout the tourney doing miscellaneous tasks, so don't worry about not playing well in singles. Obviously having not one but TWO uncharacteristic losses in a short period of time shows that you were clearly not warmed up. You did a good job running everything anyway. As far as doubles is concerned, 1. I think we need more practice at obeying the 5 pillars of doubles, 2. I ****ed up pretty bad, 3. I'm not sure how much better we would have done if we weren't TOs lol

Jesson - You also helped a lot with TOing, so don't sweat playing badly at this tourney. Low tier vs low tier matches are super gimmicky, I honestly think you should pick up a secondary for those kind of matches but idk for sure cuz I play a top tier anyway lol

Dendy - thanks with the name tag help dawg, it made the process go SOOOOOO much faster, and thanks for any other tasks you may have done through out the day

Paul - Good stuff stepping up and helping out with the tournament, though I have no idea who asked you to be on the staff LOL. Your pool was probably the hardest one actually, because you/boback were supposed to duke it out for the third seed, but crimson probably didn't know about Azusa, the peach player from norcal, who is actually realllly good and stuck him in there too. Good **** scaring the **** out of the entire ken fanbase until the very end of your set LOOLLLL. I think you're about to break through to the next level kind of deal, where you'll be able to trade sets with the lower half of the PR consistently, or even just beat them flat out. You just gotta talk to johnny or fly or some other really smart player more. Just ask them what you can do better and try to improve your knowledge about the game in general, I guarantee you it will help you get much better.

GIMR - Thank you so much for flying out to this. What you and your streams are doing for the community is AMAZING. Your streams consistently help melee get its name back out there and help to get more new players to join the scene because people realize our community is still alive and kicking!

ankoku - I'm not actually sure what your job with the stream was but I'm sure it was important, so thank you very much man!

Sheridan - Best runner of tournaments in all the land. You and your sweatpants get all of my respect. Being real about how long the bracket would last was a good call because it convinced Arian to go try and get a time extension.

Neal - I'm not actually sure what you did or if you even helped TO at all but just having your presence there made me more confident the tournament would go smoothly LOOOL

Rickety

Peace and Love
Shout-outs for an amazing tournament. Thanks for all the memories! <3

In light of all the ickiness involving my car accident last week,
I wasn't so sure that I would be able to attend this.
But, oh! How glad I am that I did, because
this tournament was one for the ages!

Between the terrific team that ran this
and the unforgettable people that attended,
I got choked up with silly happy-tears
from all of the nice memories that I made
in the course of a single night.

Thanks for being the best community ever, you guys.
I can never begin to pay you back for all of the happiness
each of you have given me all these years. <3

Shout-outs! <3 <3

TheCrimsonBlur - Thank you so much for the all of the effort you put into making this happen! I think that I speak for everyone in the community when I say that we are all richer and more closely knit thanks to everything you have done for us. Thank you so, so much! <3

Ken - Return of the King! It made me so happy to see you at this, bonding and mingling with everyone. I know that I probably embarrassed you with my constant cheerleading and cries of "this man invented dash-dancing! He invented dash-dancing!", but I couldn't help it. So many of us, myself included, wouldn't be here if it wasn't for you. You have touched so many us, and it made me so warm and fuzzy-feeling to see everyone giving you so many hugs, cheers, and handshakes. We love you, Ken! <3

Dr Peepee - Goodness, I'm so happy that you remembered me! You probably meet so many people, so I wouldn't blame you if you forgot about someone as quintessentially forgettable as me. But congratulations on your victory in the face of a passionate opposing crowd, and thank you for chatting with me, it was so nice swapping stories about how much we love and care for this community. You're a really swell guy, I hope that we get to see each other again! <3

Mango - As always, a pleasure seeing you! I can't help but remember all those times way back when at Ken's biweeklies, so watching your meteoric rise in the last five years has been an absolute pleasure. Don't ever stop being you, Mango. <3

Shroomed - Ugh, why must I lose so badly to someone as nice as you? I remember how close our Genesis set was, but our last two have been complete blow-outs. You're much too good! Congratulations on your placing, and thanks for the headphone advice! <3

Fly Amanita - Aw, it's always so nice chatting with you! You're so good-natured and easygoing, not to mention willing to answer silly questions from know-nothings like me. Always great seeing you! <3

WestBallz - My goodness, you are so good now, Wes! It's crazy seeing how far you've come in such a short amount of time from when we first met at Winter GameFest 2010! Keep up the good work, because it seems like there's no limit as to what you can accomplish! <3

S2J - Johnny! You're such a nice guy! Thanks for playing with me!

Eddy Mexico - You are so good! I love how smart you play, I just wish that you wouldn't have played so smart against me, I stood no chance! Take care! <3

Scar - Legendary!

SFAT - Thank you for the hug!

Stab - Thanks so much for the compliment, it means so much coming from someone as talented and nice as you! <3

Okami - Even though we didn't get to talk as nearly as much as I would have liked, I'm so glad that you made it, and hope that we can find another chance to talk again soon! <3

Fiction - So nice, so good! Why are you so awesome? Let's talk more! I still think about your comment on my Animal Crossing picture! <3

Bimbo Mexico - You've improved so much! I wouldn't stand a chance against you today!

Rickety - You smell!

ZeldaFreak - I loved how close and exciting our teams match was! You seem like a nice person, I hope that we can get to know each other better in the future!

Hyuga - Ah! One of my very first Smash friends! You know have no idea how much I love seeing you at tournaments. I feell like I can never get enough hugs in! I guess that I'll have to settle for continuing to stalk your posts! <3

Zhu - Zhuuuuuuu! I can't believe that we've known each other for so long!

ROFL - Old-school! Thanks for the hug and the high-five! I love Palmdale! <3

Baka4Moe - You're so funny! I love your laugh, too, it's contagious! It's always nice seeing you! <3

Lucky - Nice, humble, and just plain cool. What more can you ask from a friend? <3

Vish - Washington! I loved our set (even though you thoroughly trounced my poor Marth!), but I loved it even more just talking to you. You're so funny! And cool! And hip! And handsome! I'm so glad that I got to meet you! <3

Tafokints - Thanks for the shoulder of support after my brutal loss to Eddy Mexico. Us Sheiks have to stick together, after all! <3

JoeJoe - JoeJoe! SoCal's bright and shining future for Sheik! You've always been so nice to me, and I really don't know what I did to deserve such nice feelings. I'm so glad that we're friends! <3

TAI - The Ken killer! Boo! Hiss! Hee hee, just kidding! You're an awesome guy, and entertaining to watch! I'm glad that you could make it!

HugQ - Old school! <3

Toph - Ah, it's Toph! I don't know what's cuter about you, your looks, play-style, or personality! (I think that I'm kind of a sucker for all three, though!) You are much too awesome. I hope that we can talk some more soon, and that you don't mind me being your newest fan-boy! <3 <3

Mooninite - Eep, you're so funny! I loved our friendlies!

DendyPretendy - You're such a nice person! Thanks for the friendlies and advice about the modern meta-game. I have some catching up to do! <3

Bob$ - Bobby! As if I didn't gush about it enough in front of you, here I go again! Seeing someone as old-school as you competing and cheering out loud at tournaments is one of those things that instantly rockets a tournament for me into the stratosphere of all time best. You just make these things so memorable! <3

SideFX - ZHUUUUUUUUUUUUU! Boback is my absolute favorite person to be next to at a crew battle. You go from being the nicest guy to burning me up with all of your trash talk, and I can't get enough of it! It just makes everything so much nicer! Thanks for coming! <3

Khepri - Great seeing you! <3

Peligro - Ah, Peligro, why do you have to make my heart hurt with your hipness? You just ooze with coolness, it's a shame that I don't get to see you more! <3

MikeHAZE - The Haze! I'm so glad that you could make it, tournaments just aren't the same without you! The warmth, the good nature, and those delicious puns, they all make me so glad to be able to call you a friend. <3

Connor - It was so much fun seeing you and catching up on life! You've grown up so much! <3

Lovage - <3! <3! Lovage! I'm so happy that we got to hang out and play and talk as much as we did, because your one of the most entertaining (and cutest) people around! Thanks for letting me follow you around all day! <3

Strong Bad - The legendary Strong Bad! I'm so happy that we finally got to meet and talk! It was so nice getting to finally put a face to all those smart posts I love reading! Great to meet you! <3 <3

Sung - Such a nice person! I'm sorry that we didn't get to talk more, but I know that you were busy with stuff all day. Next time, though! <3

J666 - J…..666! I loved your trash talk! Thank you for carrying me in teams! <3

Luv(Sic) - I'm so glad to have you as part of our local community! We need to play again soon! <3

Wretched - Thanks for chatting with me during those final sets, you were charming, funny, and made everything that much better, despite the antics of that uninvited spectator. Speaking of which...

Random Drunk Person Who Stumbled Inside During Grand Finals - I totally was behind the curve, as I was the last person to realize that you weren't a Smash player at all, and just wandered in from the bar area, beer in hand. Your enthusiasm was nice, but be careful with the beer! You spilled some on me and MikeHAZE!

Nawnscents - San Diego! <3

Shepherd - Keep up with Falco, you're just brimming with potential! <3

Sizzle - San Diego Smash-Fest King! We are all in your debt, myself especially; thanks for helping me remove a lot of the rust! <3

CommonYoshi - Don't knock yourself, trolling is an art! History will vindicate you! <3

Manacloud - I'm so glad that you could make it, Mike! Overhearing your comment about me being a close friend really meant so much to me. Thanks for being my friend all these years! <3

Oops - Your Falco is too fast! I got scared during our match!

Nealdt - Neal! <3 <3 I'm so glad that you could take time out of your busy schedule (coding AllisBrawl, no doubt!) to visit us! Seeing you and Ken on commentary was just lovely!

HugS - Hugo! I admire you so much! Seeing you and Ken come together to commentate was quite a sight for sore eyes, it made my heart melt! <3

Hi, MacD! <3
- Ack! You're so cute and awesome! As usual, thanks for putting up with all of my silliness and other annoying antics. But don't sandbag! You know how much I hate sandbaggers! <3

Eternal Phoenix Fire - I'm so glad that you could make it! You're such a nice guy! <3

Mizuki - Our sets were fun, I only wish that we could have hung out more! <3

Licon18 - Keep up the good work with Peach! I have a lot of experience in that match-up, but you had a lot of creative stuff going for you. Don't stop now!

Cute Bartender - Thank you for the free water! I'm sorry that I wasn't able to tip you! :[

Thanks for being the best community ever! <3

C.SDK

Smash Ace
Q: Where can I find the photos/footage that was taken?

s2j: thanks for the tips and thanks for taking some time to play with me
TOs: amazing tournament; probably the best one I've ever been to
westballz: I was feeling kind of down but man, you made me feel a bit better by acknowledging I was there. Thanks for saying hi to me =p
Ken: Though I didn't get to personally meet you (again), thanks for coming out. It was really cool to see you play.
Couch: you were comfy as ****

But yeah, great tourney, the pros were great to see (Fly, Mango, etc.), had a lot of fun despite my performance shortcomings. One of these days I'll stop being a n00b!

!Peligro!

Smash Journeyman
<3 you too, Rickety! I never know why people think I'm cool, I'm a big dork who spends entire Saturdays playing children's party games! Also I was reading your post on my phone and all the colors made the text look 3D, it was trippy.

Shoutouts to Mooninite and Okami for taking me out. I will beat that non-approaching Sheik someday (and hopefully learn the Marth matchup...)!

Vixen

~::Fragile::~
Premium
much love, Rickety. Still miffed at myself to not trust in my own instincts and go falco on Yoshi.

I wanted to talk to you, but I felt intimidated trying to butt in to existing conversations.

shutouts to everyone when I get home.

:phone:

Wieners

Smash Apprentice
This was a next level tournament. To be honest, I didn't have faith that you guys would get everything done in time, but you showed me (even if there was a little 2 hour time extension =P )!

@Sung/TCB/Stab: Good ****. Lets go through a small checklist of reasons this tourney was amazing, shall we?

1. You got an amazing venue that was
A. Not crowded.
B. Had a venue fee that was actually a catering fee!
C. Had a bar.
D. HAD MO****IN TV'S PLAYING THE MATCHES EVERYWHERE. DAMN THAT WAS COOL.
E. Got Ken. So many of us were so happy to see him here. Same with all the other old school players. HugQ, nealdt, etc.

2. Got everything done in a timely fashion. i.e. Finished everything you had planned before the venue wanted us out of there.

3. Flew out VGBC_GIMR to stream this whole thing for the people that couldn't make it.

That's a pretty hefty list of stuff and there's probably a lot of things I'm missing that went on behind the scenes. You guys took initiative and gave SoCal the biggest regional we've had in years. I'm glad I get to see you guys every week and I know you guys will keep up the great work.

@J666: Sorry about your pools =/ We all have our bad days but that doesn't make it suck any less lol. Cya at festizzios.

@Dendy: Yo! I saw you like once all day. Not even sure how that happened considering you were like the only blonde there!

@ROFL: "****'EM UP CHET!" You're awesome man. You're a true homie.

@Wha?: There's like a 99% chance I won't gamble you, stop asking lol.

@Anto: Good matches in pools. I appreciate you saying I've gotten better. It mean's a lot to me =). Hope to see you at festizzios so I can play more friendlies with you.

@Combofest: Didn't see you much. Still the homie.

@Lovage: Yo! You're awesome! Many thanks for giving me a ride there and back. I shall pay you at festizzios, with a little extra since I made you wait.

@Fly: You're a cool dude. Thanks for telling me how this great ice climbers player came to be.

@Oksas: YOU'RE THE BEST! Wolf is not ;). I was so happy to see you again. I hope I can see you more often and if I ever go to Tucson we have to hang out.

@Johnny: Sorry about crews LOL. SoCal too good.

@SFAT: Cool seeing you again, good job in teams.

@Wes: 7 stocks! Good job in singles. Your set with PeePee was super close, and fun to watch. Hope you get him next time.

@Axe: Thanks for complimenting my shirt =P good job on placing third and running through that insane losers bracket! Super nice guy and I'm glad to have met you.

@commonyoshi: You're a nice dude. Wish I had gotten to play you before you left SoCal, but I started when you left =/. Sorry I didn't play "Wha?" for you to spectate lol.

@Baka: Good set in pools. Peach is a silly character but those matches were fun! Hope to see you at Occi more. Not salty about P:M anymore <3

@mikeHAZE: Glad to hear you're motivated to play BRAWL. Different strokes for different folks. Nice to see you again.

@GIMR: You're helping this community in such a big way and it's so good to see. Keep up the great work.

@Toph: Nice to meet you. You seem like a nice dude and your commentary was funny.

@Rickety: My you're dashing. I'm sad I was too shy to go talk to you! You seem like a really nice guy from what I've seen/heard. Hope to see you/actually meet you sometime.

@Aceflight: Glad to hear you had fun commentating, cya at Occi.

This game is awesome. This community is even more awesome. I love you all and I'm very grateful I get to play this game with you all. Have a good day everyone.

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
Looks like a good tournament, nice to see a Luigi in top 10 and that Ken was back
Is Jpegimage the Mexican Marth?

Twinkles

Smash Lord
Nah, it's a Falcon main from I dunno where. Still thrashed me in pools though. EDIT: He's from Vegas.

Shoutouts:

TCB/SUNG/STAB/TEAM OXY IN GENERAL: You guys ****. Awesome venue, awesome tournament, awesome time. I'm really glad I went to this, I got to play a **** ton of really good players, and talk to many players I thought I'd never see in my lifetime (KEEEN). It was all possible thanks to you guys. Props.

EVERYONE I PLAYED IN FRIENDLIES (WIENERS, RICKETY, AXE, ZHU, KIM, 100000000 FALCOS): Good **** to each and everyone of you, I got bodied so hard by every single one of you. Well, maybe not so much you Wieners. You're getting there though.

Big shoutout to WESTBALLZ even though he probably doesn't remember me at all, but that dude probably made the highlight of my tournament by sitting down to play with me, I got destroyed really badly but it was so fun that I really didn't care. Thanks a lot dude, you're a really cool guy.

Special shoutout to JoeJoe for giving me really sharp advice and cutting my Falcon down to size. It was pretty humbling, provoked some thought, and I'm pretty sure it got me to play better for the rest of the day. Now I kinda wish you said that to me before I played pools lol.

Shoutout to TARHEELJKS, was fun talking to you man. Thanks for the $10 after the crew battle, I knew you wouldn't flake on me :p Come down to SoCal and we can play anytime.

PPMD: Not a single friendly was had. Disappointing, Wes sat down to play me and I didn't even pay him =P. Good **** on taking first and winning it all, it was really cool seeing you in person. Car rides with you are very interesting experiences.

Probably the biggest shoutout to Boscoman for driving me out to the tournament. Thanks a lot dude, it really was a great day just playing and getting wrecked at this awesome game. Next time though, we should coordinate our ride back better lol

ComboFest

Smash Lord
Yeeeeeeee, I am part of team oxy now cause i helped TO, sung make me a banner now. ez.
Shoutouts right now,

Anto - Don't quit yet bro, You can **** so hard if you tried LOL.
Fly - You are ****ing amazing at the game and life.
Spenser - You are the biggest homie for driving me and for being chiller than ice.
GKInfinity - You are modesto's finest bro. Good to meet you
Stab - I am about to reach a point in my smash career where i either get really good, or stay the same, hopefully you can hook up that training. You **** bro good **** in tournament
GSUB - BEST JIGGS IN SOCAL if you practiced more hahaha good to see you again man
Signia - You are still the gentle giant. Hahaha too bad you don't play smash that much anymore.
Connor - You are an amazing person and player, hope you play more often
Strongbad - I did not play you or talk much to you, but you are still a bro.
Back for more - You are a homie bro, $1 MM me next time... with random characters. LOL you **** bro.
Dan - Always good to see you bro, hopefully you get better at singles and not just **** doubles
Dan #2 (john) - You are a chill *** homie, hope you come to more tournaments man
Dan #3 (That girl i don't know the name of) - I don't know you so i will say that you are a chill person because you hang out with the Daniels
Manatee - You are a homie bro, stay free with 1 stock 1 dollar money matches HAHAHA. ez
Peligro - DANGER DANGER Good **** on getting out of pools bro, you are amazing, but i will still beat you if we play again hahaha.
DanteFox - 3rd seed in pools 1st in my heart Holla holla.
CableCho - You are Santa Barbara's soul. Without you there, it is trash LOL. You are amazing bro. And thanks for that coinflip MM EZ
Saca - Stay free bro. LOL but real talk you are getting good bro, but not good enough to handle me. Ahahah Always good to see you bro.
Sparky - Your falcon is pretty ****, Next time i will **** you though LOL good to see you again.
Kim - I haven't played you, but it would be cool if we played if you ever decide to come down to a tourney again.
CoolKid - i hear that you are ****ing amazing. Hope we can play bro LOL
JoeJoe - You are getting pretty good bro, just not at getting my money.
Sung - You are the homie bro, Gotta get me that money though. I WILL PRACTICE TO **** YOU NEXT TIME THOUGH.
Jesson - NEXT TIME BABY. *****ES AIN'T **** BUT HOES AND TRICKS!
THE BLUR - HUGE SHOUTOUTS TO THIS GUY FOR GIVING THAT **** *** TOURNEY. I was extremely amazed that you finished on time. I was amazed. HOLY. You are amazing bro.
Dendy - You are still amazing bro, happy birthday man, hella chill person to be around
WesBALLZ - You ****ing ***** that crew battle, you are the ****.
TapeZ - STAY ******* FREEEEE TAPEZ AHAHAHAHAH. That is all
Wha?! - You gettin better bro, lets play more ahahaha Money match next time though.
Those 2 white guys i forgot the name of - You guys are chill, the falcon player ***** and idk about the other one. Ahaha Come to more tourneys guys!
Johnny - You are still the best falcon in the world imo. You are one of the reasons i play falcon. ****!
Darrell - You are a really chill person, Hope we can play if you ever come to socal again. :D
Boback - Your Icies are completely different than Fly's Hahaha, Next time i will win for sure though.
Tai - TAIVAN WOOO, You got even better than the last time i played you, You are amazing bro.
Ken - I have played you in 2012 I could quit smash now, but it's too fun. Good games man hahaha
Tafokints - You still owe me that beer! Ahaha beat me in a money match and i'll call it even, if you ever come down to socal.
Okami - You ***** at this tourney dawg. AZ Treating you nicely. AZ 2nd best region in the wooorld. And it is really fun to shout AZ for some unknown reason.
MACD - YOU ARE AN AMAZING PERSON! Funny, Tall, white, AND chill. What more could you ask for.
Toph - It was nice to meet you man! you calling me decent was one of the greatest compliments i have ever received. ahahaha
Mango - You will always be the best player in the world.
WIENERS - LOOOL I thought i got you, But there is only 2 things i need to say to you. IF you stop playing Project M and play melee instead you will get so much better. And you are getting better bro but still. Stay free LOL.
JpegImage - Your falcon *****. LOL I hope i can play you again sometime.
2Jar - Your luigi is pretty fun to watch. Ahahha

I can't seem to remember anyone else, if i forgot anyone, i am extremely sorry. Great tourney, **** community.

unknown522

Some guy
The stream was great! Watching ken play was funny as hell. Hype matches, along with some heartbreakers!

#ken2012

Edit: I love whenever Ken Ken combo'd combofest, the stream was like KEN COMBOFEST!(2012)

AXE 09

Smash Master

Wieners

Smash Apprentice
**** son i really thought i got you, My bad LOL
Np looool

WIENERS - LOOOL I thought i got you, But there is only 2 things i need to say to you. IF you stop playing Project M and play melee instead you will get so much better. And you are getting better bro but still. Stay free LOL.
I'm not gonna stop lol. I've been playing more melee than P:M though, I just don't feel motivated in melee friendlies like I do in P:M =P. MM my sonic. And my melee sheik maybe.

tarheeljks

Smash Lord
individual shout outs to come later b/c i have to remember everyone i met/played/chatted with lol but for now:

-- shoutouts to the tourney staff. great event, i had a blast
-- shoutouts to kimberly (the bartender) who must have given me discounted drinks
-- shoutouts to norcal, esp peter dill for driving
-- congrats to pp for pulling out a win in a hostile environment, crowd was on his *** pretty hardcore and he maintained his composure. extremely impressive

also i owe someone $1 from the crew battle, forgot i made the bet lol. was an asian guy with glasses (yes i know this doesn't help much lol). you were near the front and i was the black guy sitting near the couch who responded to your request for a 2:1 bet

soap

Smash Hero
Havent done shoutouts in years, but this tourney merits.

Shout outs to The Crimson Blur for Setting this up. Hella setups, full bar, stream synced up to flatscreens thru-out the venue. Garlic fries were **** too.

Crew battle was the ****. Socal may have ***** but Norcal brings the hype. Boback is that dude. SFat, Wes, Ken all went in

Joejoe, toph, Isis - nice to finally meet some west coast sheiks. Y'all were all chill. Saw some **** I can steal.

Ran into a ton of good falcos out here. Real crisp. Kinda know what I need to work on.

Axe, Mizuki, enjoyed all the friendlies

Finally super thanks to 2jar for housing me as well as many others. Good times too. Been a while since I chilled out in garages knockin back Franzia. I see u practiceman

stabbedbyanipple

Smash Master
shoutouts! If you were TO staff then your shoutout is in my other post in this thread

Dr PP - What else is there to say man, good **** on winning! However, is it really champion-like behavior to pop back off at the crowd after the win? You can't say that you think they won't root for their boy haha. Also, I really do wanna play some friendlies or MMs with you!
Darrell - Dude, your ****-talk is helllla funny. I don't have the heart to talk **** that well LOL
Axe - Hey man, good job on getting 3rd. You lost really early to Wes but remained confident and plowed through losers. If I wasn't from cali, I would have been going crazy hahaha
Fly Amanita - Fun talking during crews and good **** for taking so many stocks! I'm sure you'll tap norcal in bracket next time!
Mango - You really do make it hard for the fans mango Q.Q
PewpewU - Wow, your marth is sick every time I see it. We only talked a bit but you honestly seem like a straight up asian version of Sfat. Like you guys are the same person LOL
Rickety - Good stuff making it so far in tournament rickety, SD reppin'! Also your positivity and bubbly attitude are things that are always great to have around haha
Shroomed - We didn't really talk much but I'm sure you'll overcome the pika matchup next time. Also, I'll eventually make it far enough to play you!
s2j - Feel like the practice on friday really helped me play well. We should smash & smoke more often lol.
SFAT - I got scraped this time LOL. You probably have 0 worries about playing me anymore, but I'll be practicing zac haha
westballz - wes you were playing really well man. You had a great set vs pp and ran into your counter (who you almost beat this time!). If you beat fly I would have guessed that you'd get all the way back to losers finals to rematch pp. Regardless, there's always apex man!
Zhu - Don't worry man, I was never actually upset, I just wanted to beat you for all those years I got tapppped LOL. However, I guess I'll follow your advice and set my goal on a more active player
Scar - Sorry for not putting you in the hype video LOL. Your falcon is sick as always, and I hope I get to play you next time
Tafokints - nice job beating lucky! Fun little MM, though next time we should do a more serious one for 5 or 10, and also a smaller one vs my fox.
stab - nothing left for me but to practice
sidefx - You are a very cool guy boback, I'm glad you're able to help organize the norcal scene so well!
ROFL - you certainly bring hype to the tourney, and it's pretty funny. I'm kind of disappointed that you're heading back into semi-retirement till next year haha
Eddy Mexico - always good to see you eddy! I know my record vs you is bad but I really do have your number next time man, trust me! lol
A rookie - didn't talk much but i hope u showed people what is up, with ur mario
Khepri - good job in teams khepri, you definitely tapped me last match. Your partner is a homo though, so I'm salty about the set LOL
OkamiBW - Hey, great job on 13th rob. Your bracket may have been geared towards sheik but hey, that's just the advantage of the character you play. See you in december
Mogwai - wow, I'm surprised you came out of retirement and beat a ranked socal player. Old skool all day man. Hope ur having fun with league ROFL
Vish - you are a very chill dude. You also dress like a hipster ROFLNKNKDLLOL, jk. Your falcon ***** and that was a fun MM, lets play more next time!
Peligro - Good job getting out of a tough pool man! JK YOU BEAT A BUNCH OF LOW TIERS. Nah I'm just playin', and I hope you come to more socal tournies again! haha
alan - you are the sassy black man that all tournaments need haha. Good to see you when u come down here
Fiction - yeah, us placing the same was a fluke....I shoulda placed way higher LOL
Toph - You're a very cool dude and I love all the urban lingo you use because I never really hear anyone else talking like that, but now that I think about it, maybe all of washington talks like that and it just rubs off on each other haha. Make sure to watch robotics;notes
Connor - glad you came out to a tournament again connor! Anaheim cops are hella gay though, so I'm never coming back hahaha. I'd get some ****in PTSD
Violence - glad you were able to come all the way from BC, you seem to go to every big tournament hahaha
Lucky - HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY JOEY, no one will call you out on bad play on your birthday hahaha
Bimbo Mexico - wow that bracket set was so much closer than pools, nice job stepping it up, you had my heart pumping. First time in years I've camped the stadium transformations like that. Next time we play though, it'll be like pools :p
TAI - man we didn't play but good job beating the father of marth TWICE loollll
L - we should play friendlies man, your fox looks tight
JpegImage - good **** on 13th man and beating every sheik in the ****in venue with falcon LOL
Zeldafreak - wow, get figured out! Hahahaha, jk jk. Your fox is much better vs falco than last time we played, and I'm looking forward to playing you again soon man
MooniniteLeader - fun tournament set, coulda definitely went either way first match, but getting the win definitely put me back in my groove. Lets play mad friendlies next time
golden - sheridannnnn, it's nice to know you're still pretty aight. You should go to tournies more! ALSO YOU'RE TALL AS **** NOW, WOW
joejoe - #1 in SB baby LOL. Good to hear you're getting better man. Always great to see someone on the up and up
Zoap - peter u r simply the best, also this is my first time seeing the shaved head in person. It looks good lol
HugQ - HUGOOOOO, glad to see to see that you're still good after a bit of a break. Come back to melee and leave that fake ***** **** (magic) behind you
DanteFox - good job making it out man. You're consistently around the same level, but I know one day that you'll eventually become a force to be reckoned with (or not, but it's better to be positive!)
mikeHAZE - good **** on bringing 5 tvs man. Also I think it's extremely funny u beat connor and joey, good stuff hahahahaha
bob$ - nothing but respect for you man. I hope I can play your marth again when you're feelin' him. Also, I extremely enjoy your commentary!
SephirothKen - You're a legend man. You brought so much hype to this tournament. I'm glad you came and it was good to finally meet the man who was my smash idol back in the day.
Matt Anderson - USC reppin'
Coolkid - don't worry, I don't actually think you suck. We'll definitely play more next time!
pockyD - it's been so longgggggggggg~
Manatee - glad to see you back martin, now come back more hahaha
Oksas - didn't really talk much john but I see that you're very definitely getting better man, keep it up!
AntoPark - Anto, I know you go through phases of "I want to be good" and "This game is whatever", and I accept that, but if you just buckled down and practice you would get good so fast. The fact that you're wish-washy is what is stopping you from being a powerhouse. You just need the will to get through the times you're not feeling the game and you'll come out a sickkkkkk samus that'll give a lot of good people a run for their money. Also, your pool was rough because mogwai was actually still pretty good LOL
Lovage - Alright oscar, I've resigned myself to the fact you'll never **** like you used to, but you should definitely do commentary cuz you're commentary is in fact SICK
Strong Bad - good to see you again my man, and I wish I had gotten to play you! Good luck at ROM baby, you're slowly becoming a player to be reckoned with
cablecho - You're the man dude, it's always a pleasure having you at tournaments
Sparky - I'll MM you next time, I promise!
Pink Reaper - I do wish i had gotten to play you, you're actually quite a character from what I remember and see on the boards
Mizuki - Your falco is definitely coming along. I wish the best of luck to you in all your current endeavors.
soap - glad you were able to come out to this tournament, your sheik is actually quite sick and I'm sure you'll be able to wreck the midwest EZ PZ (though idk if ur state is considered EC or midwest LOL)
gkinfinity - hey it was good seeing you again nick and really getting to talk to you this time. You're a very cool guy and it was fun housing u and spenser for the night
Eclipsing Binary - hope you camera recorded hella stuff again LOL
Sizzle - Man, no mention of me wearing a UCSD sweater? =(
Manacloud - wanted to ask you about the OC 3 money but I respectfully decided against it LOL
tapez - **** ur gay *** money matches LOOOOL
blindhobo - come to more tournaments man, you're a chill dude (quiet people are the best)
Naota - I had a mental picture of you looking like a NERD but you actually look like ur one of those gangster d00ds from tokyo drift LOOOLOLOLOL (even if ur not japanese)
Isis - hey, ggs in pools man, you're sheik got the ball rolling second match, had me scared for a sec
Saca Su Moto - climbing slowly but surely up the ladder of success
fist mexico - MEXICOOOOO
commonyoshi - Man, I forgot you came all the way from washington. I would have definitely said bye lol. You're hella chill dude, come back to socal eventually, ur job probably blows
2jar - u guys ***** in teams LOL, nice job man
oops
Jackpot - I'll give you and your bro hella practice, just text me on the weekend bro lol. AND POST IN THE 949 THREAD MORE, TRUST ME
kirbyraeg - Spenser, it was good seeing you again! It sucks that you got hella sick and slept on the couch a bunch but friday was fun and I hope you either move to civilization after this year or come down for AX or something
tarheeljks - u have the alcohol tolerance of a rhino dude LOL. It was hella chill talking to you man
practice_man - you're a super chill dude vahag, I hope u got hella friendlies vs a bunch of people
Riptide - you're such a cool guy, one of my favorite white people LOL. Hope u come to tournaments more, even though u live in the middle of nowhere now
Studmuffin - read the shoutout to your bro hahaha
Andymosity - good seeing you man, we should definitely play next time. Why don't you ever come to tournies anymore?
WHA? - you are the controller-man! The controller I got from you a month ago is finally pretty worn in and aight. It's all about the long term baby
BoscoMAN - can't believe you took a cab back, you're the ****ing man LOL. Strictly speaking, I believe maining fox will be best for you because it will force you to get a LOT of tech skill, and that's something all newer players can benefit from. I suggest you also only play your main (at least in tournament, and in like 70% of friendlies). After a year or so, if you still want to switch then you should do it, but fox will definitely help you get hella good
Dan (fox player dan) - best player at caltech
Aceflight - I hope you enjoyed commentating man LOOOOOOOOOOL. Da hookups
Wieners - slowly but surely getting better man. I'm glad that you're staying with your main (sheik), because main switching is the fastest way to stop improving.
Luv(sic) - Good to see you again, and I hope you're out there practicing melee vs all the SD peepz. Also, why do you keep changing your tag? haha (though I think luv sic is a tight tag)
Mccain - Yup, you're definitely gonna come back to melee, there's no stopping it now.
Ryan - hope you had fun playing everyone and seeing all the hype. I know you don't like melee that much anymore but it was great having you in the carpool and having you at the tourney. You seriously need to pick up a better game than HoN though LOOOL
Kim - your falco is ****, but the fact you don't enter tournament isn't!!!

oksas

oak-sauce
yo crimson, my tag is oksas, not oskas. props for getting results up in a timely manner though. and for hosting ofc, i had a great time

dunno if i remember enough names to do shoutouts. met a handful of people and played some really nice friendlies. i remember playing kim, aisight, weiners, practiceman... wow wtf i played a bunch of other people, can't remember though right now. major thanks to 2jar for housing AZ and being really nice to us. wish i could have gotten to play soap, a rookie, bam et al since i housed with you guys 9_9 also really wanted to play tarheeljks and a few others i can't remember right now, sigh

Vixen

~::Fragile::~
Premium
Best. Tournament. Ever.

Shoutout time!

First, ultimate shoutouts to John Oksasoglu, RobkamiBW, Tag$ and for getting me back in to smash. I was sure I was done with smash after Nyte, and after Jackie moved, but PM, getting my life on track, and playing with you three on the regular really got me back in to the groove.

Shoutouts to Jetfour/Jackie for moving back to Tucson and ****** some sense in to me again. I feel like my improvement and overall skill always significantly improves when you're here to expose even the smallest flaws in my game.

Shoutouts to Okami for being god-tier driver, and for trusting me enough to borrow your car.

Shoutouts to John for teaming with me. It's always more fun to team with friends.

Shoutouts to Tai and axe for giving me that last-minute confidence to do well. I still wasn't quite in the mindset to do well, but giving Tai major troubles in seriouslies, and Axe going nuts over my bird really put me in that can-do mindset.

Shoutouts to Bamsey, Practice_man, 2jar, Soap, and A Rookie for infinite friendlies. Shoutouts to A Rookie's Falco for making me laugh so hard that I cried.

I had posted shoutouts for every entrant individually, but the post was lost. **** you, smashboards.

West, s2j, scar, peligro, eddy mexico, bimbo mexico, jpegimage, hugq, violence, oxy, darrel, fiction, toph, shroomed, ppu, sfat:

MONEY MATCH?! <3

Shoutouts to Wha? for never rolling, ever.

SHOUTOUTS TO OXY FOR HOSTING THE BEST ****ING TOURNAMENT EVER. <3

sorry to those who I didn't make an abridged shoutout for. Salty that 133 individual shoutouts got lost.

Top Bottom