• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Revival of Melee2! RESULTS THREAD WILL BE UP SOON!

What Format do you guys prefer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Milos

Smash Lord
The gayest Thing about B2 is the infinite Combo to the back Bs. If you don't know what that is it's when you get turned around and jabbed in the back until you die.
after 3 jabs or something you get knocked into the air, it's hardly an infinite as it can be teched after every punch after that

the combo system is soooooo good, with block cancels and stuff

gah if you **** up once your opponent can >P, K, K (block cancel), K, K, K, K (block cancel), <P, P, <R1, P, P, P, P, E (kamehamehaaaaaa) for like a bar and a half. i believe that DI actually exists in that game as well, though no where near as extreme as melee. so it's not broken, just amazing

there's also perfect shielding and stuff

yo the game is soooooo deep, it's another accident like melee haha though granted not nearly as extreme

and it's much more balanced

the only characters who really suck are like super buu and hercule lolol

everyone else can compete, like goten, a mid tier can take on older teen gohan (best character in the game) and do fairly well pretty consistently

also gate breaks (kaio ken, super saiyan 1, 2, and 3, unlock potential, etc) can get you out of those ridiculous combos, and the fact that you cant power down manually means you have to be smart and save it for when you're getting ****ed up

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
after 3 jabs or something you get knocked into the air, it's hardly an infinite as it can be teched after every punch after that

the combo system is soooooo good, with block cancels and stuff

gah if you **** up once your opponent can >P, K, K (block cancel), K, K, K, K (block cancel), <P, P, <R1, P, P, P, P, E (kamehamehaaaaaa) for like a bar and a half. i believe that DI actually exists in that game as well, though no where near as extreme as melee. so it's not broken, just amazing

there's also perfect shielding and stuff

yo the game is soooooo deep, it's another accident like melee haha though granted not nearly as extreme

and it's much more balanced

the only characters who really suck are like super buu and hercule lolol

everyone else can compete, like goten, a mid tier can take on older teen gohan (best character in the game) and do fairly well pretty consistently

also gate breaks (kaio ken, super saiyan 1, 2, and 3, unlock potential, etc) can get you out of those ridiculous combos, and the fact that you cant power down manually means you have to be smart and save it for when you're getting ****ed up
I guess when you look at it in that light..it's kinda deep. However it still feels like Street fighter or Mortal Kombat when I'm playing it. Even though you can fly and crap. I'm a old fan of DBZ and I always wanted a game that played like the show. I never considered it a serious competitive game so balance....eh never think about it lol. I personally prefer the DBZ games that play more like the show and less like 2D fighters.....Not that they are bad they just...aren't melee.;)

Divinokage

Smash Legend
As for Kage...I've been meaning to ask you. Is that a real sword you bring to tourney's or fake?
Lol I can't bring that to tournaments.. I would get questioned by Customs if I do that. It's a 5 feet long sword, 30 lbs lol.

Though I sometimes bring my wooden one since that's alright. I've managed to bring it to Genesis.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
Lol I can't bring that to tournaments.. I would get questioned by Customs if I do that. It's a 5 feet long sword, 30 lbs lol.

Though I sometimes bring my wooden one since that's alright. I've managed to bring it to Genesis.
good point....ah **** it. I have like 5 Weapons I could bring if you were allowed:(. Either way look forward to playing your Gannon...I think I can beat him though because your Gannon's not really that good.:chuckle:

(Not serious. Just trying to add some hype)

prog

Priest of the Temple of Syrinx
Back to food:

THE MCGANGBANG.

A double cheeseburger from McDonalds. In between it...a McChicken Sandwich. Buns. And. All.

You might die, but it's worth it. Prog will buy his car McGangbangs for ROM2.

HollaAtchaBoy

Smash Master
Back to food:

THE MCGANGBANG.

A double cheeseburger from McDonalds. In between it...a McChicken Sandwich. Buns. And. All.

Prog, I did some research.

Recently I've discovered that there is a great debate, nigh, schism, as to what constitutes an unprotected or bareback McGangbang. There's basically two schools of thought. (Get at my subtle Office reference) One believes that if you remove the buns from the chicken sandwich, the grease of the chicken and burgers are in full contact, and that constitutes being 'bareback.' The second believes that you need to have a spicy McChicken sandwich instead of a regular one, to simulate an STD.

Discuss.

Tope

BRoomer
BRoomer
I enjoy McDoubles with Big Mac Sauce, I feel like this is the way to go.

PS: Wendy's blows *** and is definitely low tier of fast food

DJ Nintendo

Smash Champion
White Castle's Mozzarella Sticks are the godliest things in existence. Quit life guys! I had SwiftBass try them for the first time and he fell in love with them lol.

Banks

Smash Hero
they play sonic commercials all the time and there isn't a single one in maine.

i want to find one....

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
Back to food:

THE MCGANGBANG.

A guy at work calls that the McChuggin. He says he gets one when he is hungover, eats it, passes out, and wakes up feeling fine.

HollaAtchaBoy

Smash Master
That **** is truth, Banks. We're the same way here in CT.

The closest one I've been to is either in deep south Pennsylvania or like the one I went to in Ohio when we went there for Christmas last year.

Best part of that nine-hour drive was Sonic.

White_Mike

Smash Lord
Any LI NJ NYC smashers willing to commute to a smash fest tomorrow, there's a good one going down tomorrow.

PM me for infooooo

Edit: Notable people there are Reno, Tag, Zeke, Chu2, Zro and there will be lots of other people, VaNz may be coming too. Gonna work on getting more peeps, there are three setups at the basement, may get a 4th.

Milos

Smash Lord
Any LI NJ NYC smashers willing to commute to a smash fest tomorrow, there's a good one going down tomorrow.

PM me for infooooo

Edit: Notable people there are Reno, Tag, Zeke, Chu2, Zro and there will be lots of other people, VaNz may be coming too. Gonna work on getting more peeps, there are three setups at the basement, may get a 4th.
hate to be a prick but i kinda need my cube back mike lolol

i may come pick it up tomorrow, if i dont just make sure no one takes my memory card lol

and spam arrows, i totally dig tenkaichi does feel a lot more like dbz the way it would be.

however budokai is pretty complex, moreso than one would gather at first glance

what im really interested in is getting into burst limit, i've only played a few times, but they included block cancels, and the fighting system is pretty smooth, and they added a lot of little things that make it pretty cool. plus the graphics are ****in crazy.

speaking of graphics im an honest believer that melee has the best graphics of all time. like maybe not in terms of resolution, but in terms of presentation and decipherability (god i hope that's a real word) it's topped by no other

White_Mike

Smash Lord
hate to be a prick but i kinda need my cube back mike lolol

i may come pick it up tomorrow, if i dont just make sure no one takes my memory card lol

and spam arrows, i totally dig tenkaichi does feel a lot more like dbz the way it would be.

what im really interested in is getting into burst limit, i've only played a few times, but they included block cancels, and the fighting system is pretty smooth, and they added a lot of little things that make it pretty cool. plus the graphics are ****in crazy.

speaking of graphics im an honest believer that melee has the best graphics of all time. like maybe not in terms of resolution, but in terms of presentation and decipherability (god i hope that's a real word) it's topped by no other
LOL I didn't even know your cube was down there, talk to Serge about that...and COME TODAY!

Limit Break comes out in less then a month and **** looks cash, I'm deff copping.

White_Mike

Smash Lord
What time/where is this smashfest? If Reno is going then I might wanna go
Honestly it's going to start in like an hour or so but it's going on till 1 or 2 am and maybe overnight

It's in the city, well brooklyn but it's literally only a stop away from the city.

Edit: G$ may come, lots of people are maybes...Reno is on his way over now though lol

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
White Castle's Mozzarella Sticks are the godliest things in existence. Quit life guys! I had SwiftBass try them for the first time and he fell in love with them lol.
Hook me up son! I love Mozzarella Stick.

Yea I gotcha. I said the newer games pwn a few posts ago.

Banks

Smash Hero
That **** is truth, Banks. We're the same way here in CT.

The closest one I've been to is either in deep south Pennsylvania or like the one I went to in Ohio when we went there for Christmas last year.

Best part of that nine-hour drive was Sonic.
the new sequal to harold & kumar

"HollaAtchaBoy goes to Sonic"

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
number 8 crunchy no lettuce and an order of nachos please

mountain dew, and alot of mild sauce

$5.87

thanks, can i have some extra napkins

have a nice day

lmao i swear i've been getting the same thing at taco bell for almost 6 years

0megaZer0

Smash Lord
you gotta just get that breakthrough capsule....thats all you evar need!

YEAH!

I'm so jealous....i can never go to big tournaments....man I used to live in NY to

Now I live in the ****ty Carolinas (SC) to be exact

As soon as I finish College I'm coming back to NY where I belong!

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
you gotta just get that breakthrough capsule....thats all you evar need!

YEAH!

I'm so jealous....i can never go to big tournaments....man I used to live in NY to

Now I live in the ****ty Carolinas (SC) to be exact

As soon as I finish College I'm coming back to NY where I belong!
just do what everyone else is doing and skip class to go.:chuckle:

0megaZer0

Smash Lord
just do what everyone else is doing and skip class to go.:chuckle:

Classes are not the problem, money and a way to and fro is!

Man, I'm telling you, once I get this money at the end of the month I might be able to do something to paper stack and make this....even if it kills me

(Not Joking) :chuckle: No Doubt, if my plan works out I'mma for sure be there

I have let too much of Melee history pass me by....

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
Classes are not the problem, money and a way to and fro is!

Man, I'm telling you, once I get this money at the end of the month I might be able to do something to paper stack and make this....even if it kills me

(Not Joking) :chuckle: No Doubt, if my plan works out I'mma for sure be there

I have let too much of Melee history pass me by....
That would be cool. If I hit the lotto between now and then I'll get you here:chuckle:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom