• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Revival of Melee2! RESULTS THREAD WILL BE UP SOON!

What Format do you guys prefer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PK Webb

Smash Champion
yo can we house with some1 we as me rykard and justsexed i will give whoever houses us a ride

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
hopefully i can go to this

i wanna walk to brooklyn for some cheesecake son!
I'll be hopefully be chilling with DJN cuz I heard NY has the best cheesecake and Pizza so...yeah I'm trying to gain 10 pounds :laugh:

accepting all dragonball Z budokai 2 money matches

be careful i ****

1-5$

world tournament stage banned
hyperbolic time chamber will be the first stage of all sets

matches are short so best of 5 for 1-3$ and best of 7 for 3-5$
uh...If it was Budokai Tenkiechi 3 you might have a taker. :urg:

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
Philly needs to have a tournament so Cactuar and I can take them on a cheesesteak tour.

Also, there was a pretty beast pizza place down the road from the venue if I remember correctly.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
Philly needs to have a tournament so Cactuar and I can take them on a cheesesteak tour.

Also, there was a pretty beast pizza place down the road from the venue if I remember correctly.
Nice... I wanna play your Luigi when I get a chance btw. Just to see how I do. Would you hate me if I went Marf? Or Falcon? I tend to have trouble with Fox vs Luigi for some reason lol...Then again maybe you can help me out.

budokai 2 only ^.^

no one? y'all are pussieeees

It's not that it's just that Budokai 2 kinds sucks.

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
Nice... I wanna play your Luigi when I get a chance btw. Just to see how I do. Would you hate me if I went Marf? Or Falcon? I tend to have trouble with Fox vs Luigi for some reason lol...Then again maybe you can help me out.
Yeah sure Ill play you. I actually really like the Marth match up. Falcon is ok too. The only character I really despise playing is Sheik.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
Yeah sure Ill play you. I actually really like the Marth match up. Falcon is ok too. The only character I really despise playing is Sheik.
o'rly. If things go wrong I'll bust out the sheik. LOL. I'm kinda mediocre with everyone I use but I can use Mario/Doc, Peach, Link, Marth, Fox, Falco, Falcon, Sheik(not Zelda:chuckle:), and Gannon. Aside from that I rarely if ever touch anyone else. Sometimes I'll play Gayman watch for kicks but that's it.

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
o'rly. If things go wrong I'll bust out the sheik. LOL. I'm kinda mediocre with everyone I use but I can use Mario/Doc, Peach, Link, Marth, Fox, Falco, Falcon, Sheik(not Zelda:chuckle:), and Gannon. Aside from that I rarely if ever touch anyone else. Sometimes I'll play Gayman watch for kicks but that's it.
Don't tempt me to bust out my yoshi. Never under-estimate the power of a dinosaur.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
Don't tempt me to bust out my yoshi. Never under-estimate the power of a dinosaur.
I have a friend that uses Luigi and he can use Yoshi well also.

Yoshi has the best shield in the game imo so he's harder to cheat for me...
I do feel sorry for Yoshi though. I feel like the screwed him out of being a good character by not giving him an UpB recovery. :chuckle:

HomeMadeWaffles

Smash Lord
Like I said man, my nephew is one of the managers at Junior's so I got the hook up =D
o word?, legit

I'll be hopefully be chilling with DJN cuz I heard NY has the best cheesecake and Pizza so...yeah I'm trying to gain 10 pounds :laugh:
hahaha nice

yea itll be cool to meet everyone

hopefully

ill bring my recording stuff to(although idk if EC is cool with that)

and ummmm, anyone legit wanna team(i doubt phil is going :( )

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
They screwed him out of being a good character but not letting him jump out of shield.
:laugh: ya..that too. Poor yoshi. He carried the guy on his back that carried and still somewhat carries Nintendo on his back for years and that's how they repay him? **** Nintendo yo.

hahaha nice

yea itll be cool to meet everyone

hopefully

ill bring my recording stuff to(although idk if EC is cool with that)
I don't speak for EC but it would be fine to me. It's all in love. Besides WC wasn't as hostile at Gen. so...why not. Also as far as the Biblical Idea of going from Genesis all the way threw. that would be great. Then 1000s of years from now people will worship at the gravel of Melee and quote from the smash tournaments :laugh:

and ummmm, anyone legit wanna team
I don't know if DJN is still looking for a partner but if he is you 2 should team. That would be a hell of a team. It would really help Coast relations :chuckle:

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
nah son tenkaichi is to budokai as brawl is to melee :laugh:
Not actually. It's faster an has far more dimensions. The older Budokai games feel like you are fighting on a string. You can barely do anything at all. You run out of energy way to fast also...the games were good but the newer games are better.

So! In truth Budokai is to Tenkaichi what SSB64 is to Melee.

I guess this makes you the Isai of DBZ games then :)

LLDL

Smash Hero
Not actually. It's faster an has far more dimensions. The older Budokai games feel like you are fighting on a string. You can barely do anything at all. You run out of energy way to fast also...the games were good but the newer games are better.

So! In truth Budokai is to Tenkaichi what SSB64 is to Melee.

I guess this makes you the Isai of DBZ games then :)
I have a much better time playing Brawl than Tenkaichi. (I've racked up a total of 2 hours playing brawl since it came out!) Seriously, the ****ed up when they made the tenkaichi games. And it's Def not faster. Budokai 3 4 lyfe.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
I have a much better time playing Brawl than Tenkaichi. (I've racked up a total of 2 hours playing brawl since it came out!) Seriously, the ****ed up when they made the tenkaichi games. And it's Def not faster. Budokai 3 4 lyfe.
Your nuts. Which game did you play? The first Tenkaichi? Then I agree. It does suck, The 2nd 1 is decent. I think Budokai 3 and Tenkaichi 3 are the best though.

Budokai 2 was just to limited imo.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
budokai 3 hyper mode is the biggest bull**** in the world

armor breaks make budokai 2 mad deep, along with the beast tech chasing and juggles

<3 R1 button
The gayest Thing about B2 is the infinite Combo to the back Bs. If you don't know what that is it's when you get turned around and jabbed in the back until you die.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
BOUGHT all 3 tenkaichis and all three of them were horrible :) I was horrible at all three of them
I fixed it for you buddy.:chuckle:

Seriously though. It's a complex game for some it seems...i'm guessing you also. It took me a bit to master the controls but some friends that played with me just never could. I like the older DBZ games but trying to play them recently just felt super limited. Except Budokai 3. It's the most free of them but The 3D System in Tenkaichi 3 just feels...more like DBZ should. The 360 game actually pwns all of them IMO.

On another note. 1 month away. I'm so god**** hype!

LLDL

Smash Hero
I fixed it for you buddy.:chuckle:

Seriously though. It's a complex game for some it seems...i'm guessing you also. It took me a bit to master the controls but some friends that played with me just never could. I like the older DBZ games but trying to play them recently just felt super limited. Except Budokai 3. It's the most free of them but The 3D System in Tenkaichi 3 just feels...more like DBZ should. The 360 game actually pwns all of them IMO.

On another note. 1 month away. I'm so god**** hype!
I'm just playin. I don't like tenkaichis at all personally but I can see why some people like the freedom of movement. (Brawl restricts movement, so I can see the relation) Yeah, Rom 1 was the best tourney EVER. Take my word. Rom 2 will be even better

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
I'm just plain. I don't like tenkaichis at all personally but I can see why some people like the freedom of movement. (Brawl restricts movement, so I can see the relation) Yeah, Rom 1 was the best tourney EVER. Take my word. Rom 2 will be even better
Well Rom2 will have almost everyone from Rom1 plus new people like Myself:chuckle:

I wonder if my boy Dr.PP is able to go? I think I asked him before but I forgot:urg:.

It sucks that Mango's and M2K are going because they basically have 1st&2nd place on lock.

Still Melee is where amazing happens including amazing upsets. Who knows. It could be Me vs You in GFs:laugh:

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
I'm pretty sure Zhu's coming, so M2K getting 2nd is hardly on lock...

(not to mention others who could potentially take him down at this point)
Your right...but beating him once isn't enough. Zhu is a smart player though when it comes to exploiting habits. He seem to know what M2K was going to do before he did it which...isn't something alot of people can do. Dr.PP and Colbol had some good matches with M2K...as well as other players that have got very good in recent months....so...who knows

Still..It is M2K.

LLDL

Smash Hero
Yeah ma boy PeePee is coming!

Yeaah son chain-ace negus grand finals

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
Yeah ma boy PeePee is coming!

Yeaah son chain-ace negus grand finals
That would complete my life TBH. If I was in GF's of a big event like this or Pound. If Even greater if I managed to win. After that I'd donate my body to some dying Child or something.....

double post :>
ROFL...why?:urg::chuckle:

In reality PP is prolly going to **** both of us up. LOL. I would feel blessed to make it out of pools...maybe someone pro's will show mercy on me and let me in.

LLDL

Smash Hero
Making it out of pools is hard at tourneys of this magnitude. I can tell you a lucky scenario though. Let's say you're in a pool with one top pro, a good player and some scrubs. If you manage to beat the scrubs, there are certain pros who will let you beat them because they want to purposely get second rank in pools. I forget what the reasoning behind that is. Of course, don't go asking them lol. When I get to a level where I compete with the top pros, I personally will not sandbag, ever.

Banks

Smash Hero
getting second in a pool would only get you worse seeding...

what can happen is that if someone-good's buddy is in a pool and not doing well, they can throw them a game and not have it affect themselves all that much, but puts their friend ahead of everyone else who loses all/most of their sets.

Alukard

Smash Hero
i will make sure this tourney goes down as another amazing tournament again =]

with the whole old school feeling crowding around tvs ... amazing players everywhere ...

HYPE HYPE!!!! =]]]]

i can't wait to see everyone fill the store up again <33

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom