• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Revival of Melee2! RESULTS THREAD WILL BE UP SOON!

What Format do you guys prefer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tope

BRoomer
BRoomer
I was quite saddened by your spoc placing DJ, step it up at Rom, I know you're better than that.

DJ Nintendo

Smash Champion
After the brackets got screwed up, I had to fight Jman second round. So I kinda lost interest in placing high or winning. So I just decided to take that time and teach him the Pikachu matchup more since he needed help in it. Then after that in losers, I just picked three different high tiers in each of me & Tipman's three matches. I was choking in those matches like always but its all good.

Don't worry Tope. My Samus is more than ready to **** at ROM2 =)

-Hoggle-

Smash Journeyman
After the brackets got screwed up, I had to fight Jman second round. So I kinda lost interest in placing high or winning. So I just decided to take that time and teach him the Pikachu matchup more since he needed help in it. Then after that in losers, I just picked three different high tiers in each of me & Tipman's three matches. I was choking in those matches like always but its all good.

Don't worry Tope. My Samus is more than ready to **** at ROM2 =)
If i go to this tourney, I gotta play your samus again in a ditto. You ***** me the last time we played at Connecticut (Although you probably do not remember me).

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
Don't be too comfortable though. How many tourneys have you been to? People will sandbag on you, if they realize that you're lower level (I'm not saying you are low in particular, but just hypothetically a player that is lower level than them) However, people (like me) will just try and punish even HARDER. So watch who you play with, and always try your best. Oh yeah, I'll have a hat that says chain-ace, some come find me if you want some matches recorded.
I'll be a Black guy with a Jesus Hairdo. I am a little chubby.....don't workout anymore..haven't in a long time now....ah..I have kinda slanted Eye's which is how I got the name Tiajuan(Taiwan)A=Slient....uh Idk. I'll be riding up with Ultima Scout and I'll try and hook up with my Boy DJ when I get there. It shouldn't be to hard to spot me. I'll be the most lost person there.

oh and I have been in a tourny before but nothing big. This will be my first in almost 2 years and it's my first out of state tourney....and my first with Big name guys so I'm screwed.

last tourneys I went to were just local BS Literally 70% of the 45 Dollas kind.:laugh:

so it would be a bunch of Gannon's and Roy's who beat there little brothers up that would show up and get beat up and be like "How do you do that speed slide":chuckle: Some people who knew how to Wavedash but that's it so they'd wavedash into smashes and die. So basically The winner was between me my brother and are good friend/Brother. I've only been to 3. Aside from that we just had some STD nights and Friendlies over the years. So...yea all in all this is a HUGE step up for me...Am I afraid of the moment?...It's up to me to answer that I guess.;) See you at ROM2.

BTW if you haven't seen the trailer yet watch it.

LLDL

Smash Hero
oh and I have been in a tourny before but nothing big. This will be my first in almost 2 years and it's my first out of state tourney....and my first with Big name guys so I'm screwed.
My very first tourney was 2 states away, with PC, Cort and other big names. I scraped almost everyone in friendlies except the pros lol. I was pretty bad back then, check it out - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SIDTiWhSs5o&feature=related So don't worry (although it seems there aren't a lot of scrubs to beat on anymore......EVERYONE is good at tournaments these days lol)

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
My very first tourney was 2 states away, with PC, Cort and other big names. I scraped almost everyone in friendlies except the pros lol. I was pretty bad back then, check it out - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SIDTiWhSs5o&feature=related So don't worry (although it seems there aren't a lot of scrubs to beat on anymore......EVERYONE is good at tournaments these days lol)
yeah I use to say to myself I can at least go even with 60-70% of Tournament players. That was back in 04. When you consider the games advancement I would have been considered great back in 05 but at best I'm Mediocre. I could probably have stomped you then but now you are probably better..

I have 2 matches on youtube but I was just getting back into Melee so I was very rusty and did noobish stuff. Also missing l-cancels and techs and stuff...idk plus I was branching out from Mario/Doc so...I wasn't that good with anyone else.

here they are:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EIK0OEScKUc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmv7N6URAcI&feature=fvw
I go btw I was and still am Known as Negus lol. I may have to change it.

lol! I just noticed on the Falcon Match I taunted after every kill LOLZ. I really sucked then...just watching it back. I'm back into the game now though so..Im at least decent now.

LLDL

Smash Hero
You're really decent even from back then. Just keep up the practice, and you will do FINE. But you need to practice everyday! I am going to get in practice everyday and maybe some tournaments until ROM.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
You're really decent even from back then. Just keep up the practice, and you will do FINE. But you need to practice everyday! I am going to get in practice everyday and maybe some tournaments until ROM.
Thanks but I'm much better

Even though I got a JV4 against Marth it was Litterally my younger brother who doesn't really play anymore lol. He's played like once every 2 months for like 2 years LOL.

So yea i'm alot better but still not good imo. This will be my chance to test myself against the very best and you(joking your good). The more I think of it in that way I am more excited then nervous. Come ROM2 day 1 I'll have a Grin ear to ear and a Boner:chuckle:

DJ Nintendo

Smash Champion

Banks

Smash Hero
i can't see why anyone wouldn't want DJ to commentate, i've taken so much slang from him including peach's payless shoes and the fox/falco flutterhush. too good!

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
*shrugs*, people just like different **** while commentating. There will be enough recording setups with commentary to spread the love across different TVs and you can believe DJ'll be on one of em and Hazz and I will be beasting some Bacardi Limon and getting off on another.

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! <
Hazz and I will be beasting some Bacardi Limon
@ SoVa's Melee Revival (on my college's campus in a dorm common room):

SoVa Player: hey toasty...that guy over there with the brown paper bag...Hazzard? Is he....drinking?
toasty: naww...no way...he wouldn---.....................just a second...

*walks over to Hazz and has to tell him to put the alcohol away*

LMAO

and getting off on another.
maaaaaaaad gay XD

Banks

Smash Hero
come to me at least sumtime and i'll make sure it happens
<3 alukard!!! i would love to be a guest commentator for a set or two, i'll def come up when i'm free to try and SPIT MY GAME :lick:

btw me/skler/th0rn/pine/one free seat r DEFINITELY coming to this on a 5 hour+ drive, we'll def need housing or a hotel....

Alukard

Smash Hero
the hotel across the street The Hampton Inn in Nanuet NY 10954 has rooms for 89-99 a night u really only have to be there one night so i mean its pretty reasonable =\

they declined me a deal of some sort ... sry peeps i tried

Divinokage

Smash Legend
We are the Game Knights, and we shall go all together.

I officially sign us up.
The Game Knights? What? Is it some kind of low level knight group? lol.

I'll show you why Warrior > Knights =D I'll take your whole crew on!

Edit: Someone needs to post a picture of one guy vs many lol.

Milos

Smash Lord
accepting all dragonball Z budokai 2 money matches

be careful i ****

1-5$

world tournament stage banned
hyperbolic time chamber will be the first stage of all sets

matches are short so best of 5 for 1-3$ and best of 7 for 3-5$

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom