• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Revival of Melee 2 Video Thread! PC Chris, DrPP, *HBOX*, KAGE VS MANGO!!!

Noman

Smash Cadet
I just don't see why you care so much. The videos will get here when they get here, and there's nothing you can do to make them come faster, and to be honest, it's not that big of a deal. It'd be nice to have the matches, yeah, but I feel like with all of the recording going on these days, its getting a lot of armchair players. I feel like there are a lot of people that don't really go to tourney's but can stay in tune with the community and the game which is a good this I guess, but it would be better if they went to tourneys. Back when I joined the scene (My join date here doesn't reflect when I entered the scene) you didn't really get videos. You'd get big stuff like MLG and Evo, but even then the vids weren't uploaded overnight or anything, and aside from that very little. Maybe grand finals from a big underground tourney recorded on a digital camera, but that's about it. So the only way to stay in touch was to go to stuff. So yeah, I kinda rambled a bit there, but I guess just be glad you're getting videos at all, and I mean in the long run a month after the tourney isn't really that long to wait.

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
I've only seen two things from VMB since I made my post:

1. :cry: I WANNA SEE ROM2 VIDEOS NOW!!!! NOW NOW NOW NOW!!!!!!!! :cry:
2. :cry: I'M RIGHT AND YOU'RE WRONG!!!! WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG!!!!!!! :cry:

accept my mm at Pound 4, VBM, you scrubby, dumb troll you. Maybe when/if you lose I'll be nice and by you a pacifier off of the money you give me so you can stop crying. Who am I kidding; I'll buy you one even if I lose.

prog

Priest of the Temple of Syrinx
And that is the kind of backwards mentality which supports waffles and that bull**** he is doing. You say we should praise him for getting the videos up at all? Then what about Prog?
This happened for 2 reasons:
1. Prog is a beast, lives 45 minutes from the venue, had the next day off of work, and was hopped up on Red Bull.
2. I set up the queue for uploads to go while I was at work/sleeping, etc.

However, give Waffles time/credit. I know myself, I record in AVI and convert to WMV for a good file size/quality ratio. Having to chop up and convert every video, not to mention the sheer volume of videos that Waffles has (everyone, and I mean everyone wanted to be on that tv playing matches), it is going to take time. Unfortunately, RoM2 was right before thanksgiving, which is right before finals, which is right before Christmas, so in terms of priorities, uploading does fall by the wayside.

Also, I don't quality check like Waffles does, I didn't do anything about the audio with most of the friendlies being off until...two days ago.

I forgot what I was talking about, but ****.

Virusbluemage

Banned via Warnings
Why is Kage vs Mango in winners still not uploaded wasn't that like in the first or second round?

Virusbluemage

Banned via Warnings
I don't think it was recorded.

Also, Darc. Phantom Rest, lololol.
That sucks, on the stream they said it was recorded. I can't be too surprised though, I guess they couldn't record everything in the bracket. Hey waffles can you confirm whether or not you have Kage vs Mango in winners?

nyc_tag$

Smash Journeyman
All the matches on the tvs in the front of the room were recorded. Unless they didn't play on one of those tvs then it was recorded.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Uhh ya on the right one where I played Tag$. But I'm not sure if the recording setup was on or not. They might of stopped it We need someone else to confirm i guess.

Edit: Also **** that PP vs Lucky set was sooo good.

LLDL

Smash Hero
yeah losers was recorded I was behind the recording setup when it happened.

Virusbluemage

Banned via Warnings
Well then does Mogwai have the video? Why are the people you need never in the thread when you need them.

prog

Priest of the Temple of Syrinx
Because prog has multiple personality disorder and is mimicking each and every one of them in a freestyle.

Top Bottom