• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Revelations 2012 - M2K Vs. DEHF

oksas

oak-sauce
for anyone interested i will have a PM setup with me. i've got two wiis, a melee, and a brawl copy, and two tvs

Vega4

Smash Ace
A tournament in these days without a stream, is a tournament that never happend...

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
Man, wish I knew there wasn't a streamer, I could have brought my stream equipment with me from KS >_>

TOO BAD

Vega4

Smash Ace
Man, wish I knew there wasn't a streamer, I could have brought my stream equipment with me from KS >_>

TOO BAD
I just don't get why Mike didn't do something about the stream. If he couldn't, he should ask for help. Seriously, every single (decent) tournament these days has a stream (in every country of the world...).
No stream = No hyppe

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
This is not a decent tournament. The group running this tournament, Tournament Legacy previously known as Active Gamers, is a shady group that has screwed everybody they've had contact with. This has been known for a while by some in the FGC but is now in the open due to someone on the SRK forums making a thread detailing the shady activity this group has had for years. Several other posters chimed in as well with their experience and none of it's good.

Here's the thread: http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/john-nelson-tournament-legacy-and-team-hori.167166/

This is the second year of Revelations and iirc Smash was not apart of it last year. After last year's tourney, TL fell off the map because nobody wanted to deal with them anymore. TL announced they were doing Revelations again but nobody budged. The two most prominent west coast streams, Level|Up and iplaywinner, are not streaming this. It's not getting any coverage from SRK or EventHubs.

Unfortunately, this community was unaware of this for the most part. I honestly believe TL decided to pick up Smash and "promise" a $2500 pot for it since they could screw this community since we were unaware. I really hope the Smash entrants and MikeHaze in particular don't screwed over by this group. I wish I could have said something here earlier but everything regarding was pretty much hearsay (although true) until most of the details came out today.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Looks like the kof scene staged a walkout because the promised pot didn't exist, hopefully smash didn't get screwed as well.

:phone:

Sanji Himura

Smash Journeyman
Yep, I can confirm that the KOF people did walk out after giving John Nelson(the head man at Revelations) an ultimatum, let a third party hold the money, or we walk. It is obvious of the result.

Now, I am sad to say that while Mike Haze is a good TO, incorporating oneself with shady dealings does not reflect well on your reputation, and this man, Nelson, has had a poor one since before 2009. If anyone should go on the black list, it should be Nelson, so he can't hide behind his groups.

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
What idiot set up the extension cord on our side of the venue? He had to intentionally screw up something so simple. I almost electrocuted myself fixing it.

Thanks to Mike for hosting.
Euro*** is pretty cool. Have fun in the US.
Tipsy is so good. Where the hell did he come from? Start going to more tournaments.

D

Deleted member

I ****ing knew it, good **** johnny!
meh...

he went all of his secondaries grand finals and was way more interested in brawl for the $, and also said whoever wins first set wins it all. played OK but disappointed about winners finals vs m2ks shiek. Almost on par with genesis 2 disappointment

also shoulda lost to westballz twice literally i played horribly both matches

There was no pot bonus for Melee, there never was in the first place. Hope ActiveGamers doesn't grime any smasher out

==

AKA, I still have LOTSSSSSSs to improve i am worse at simple n00by **** than difficult whack stuff lol

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
GJ Larry
Shoutouts to M2K going Falco LOL
Sky is the best commentator ever. I hope he's a commentator for Apex.
The stream was bad.

Also follow me on twitter @ThePhenomenalEE

Top Bottom