• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

**RESULTS** Foxy's Bromonthly #1 - Raleigh NC - Feb 7 - Melee & Brawl+

ptown

Smash Ace
cool, i did that?!

anyways, with our combined pants power,
no team will be able to match
our synchronicity
and stylez.

if it gets rough, we must do our team attack:
the double bright pants kick. seriously.
it breaks through everyone's defenses.

unstoppable...

lord karn

Smash Master
cool, i did that?!

anyways, with our combined pants power,
no team will be able to match
our synchronicity
and stylez.

if it gets rough, we must do our team attack:
the double bright pants kick. seriously.
it breaks through everyone's defenses.

unstoppable...
I'm so excited, I just can't hide it

never seen kickin like this before

kupo15

Smash Hero
i'm pretty sure doing all of those things will make him too bad

just lower his priority and make the dsmash not kill until like 120% with no DI. And if you made his Up-B have no glide after it that would be crazy awesome. He doesn't need 2 glides.
I don't know if Priority can be changed.I would't mind taking away his second glide. That is a very powerful strategy for him and would really nerf his playstyle
If you nerf the dsmash, nerf the tornado, and take out his gliding all-together (greatly nerfing his god-like recovery), he should be perfectly fair.
sounds good. I'll run it by
sorry but...no.

MK is easily the best. ZSS is easily 2nd best. 3rd best is probably Shiek, but she has a crazy hard time killing so maybe not.

Here, here's a list of things to nerf from what I played and saw:
- MK in general
- Wario's Dair
- ZSS's Uair
- Shiek's Ftilt

Oh, and fix grab releases plx.
What specifically about those moves? What would you do to fix them. We know what to do about sheik though.

Lightsyde

Smash Champion
There is a lot of crap that was posted while I was still in Raleigh. Brawl sucks, Brawl+ is better but still sucks. Play Melee. Play Falcon. Money match me. Good.

I'm going to do shout outs because I never do because normally they take forever.

Kevin, you are really really good. I have no idea what to do against your Falco. I just get hit so much. Don't ever worry about playing up to your best, it's the way you got so good and it's the way I wanted to play you. I'll get better (hopefully) and I'll see how that's going soon enough. You are an incredibly nice guy and I was glad I got to sit and play you and hang out etc.

Alex, you beat me with Mewtwo. I probably should have just played Falcon but I squandered and you beat me straight up so no johns. I had never fought a real Mewtwo before so my match up experience cost me. Really good stuff in teams though, and even better stuff in Brawl. I was really impressed and I have never had that much fun watching anybody play Brawl ever. I will long remember the birth of Floppy Chops. Also, you are sweet. Keep doing that.

Matt, your beard is more manly that mine. I wish we could have played Monopoly SO bad. I'll be back to hang out again super soon. Good match in brackets. Such an epic mindgame when you told me that it actually wasn't tourney afterwards. hahah Love you boy.

Jim, money match soon, I really wanted to play you. Nice Ganon.

Brackets, thank you for making me play PeePee second round and then Alex shortly after. I would have been about 3 spots higher in the other half of you. You are a jerk.

The curly haired falcon player who I think is Mask(?), nice Falcon man. Keep playing, and we'll MM again soon. It was good to meet you; you were a really cool guy.

Dark Hart, it was fun playing you. You're much better than people give you credit for and think you let everybody get to you way too much. Don't sweat it, you're sweet.

Other people who people who I played: I'm glad I played you; I hardly ever get to play people. So much variety and competition is definitely nice. Keep playing Melee, and not Brawl.

Whoever invited the 14 year old girls: Don't invite them next time.
14 year old girls: Stay home next time.

Austin, my TV is still at your house and I never made it back there today. I'll probably have somebody grab it from you sometime soon, but if not sooner, you can give it to Adam or someone at Billfest. Take care of it for me. Oh yeah, and thanks for hosting. But the thanks is revoked for playing MK, what an *******. >______>

I think that's all. Sorry if I threatened to kill anyone, I'm a very irritable Melee player sometimes, especially when I'm playing Kevin >:E.

I have never seen floppin' like this before.

Pyrostormer

Smash Lord
Shoutouts because I never do them!

PeePee: WHUT IS YER PROBLEM MAYN? You ***** everybody at the tournament, as expected, but you are still awesome.

Foxy: Thanks for hosting, and you have a nice Jiggs. Work on the Ganon matchup. Congrats on first in Brawl+ and you know I was rooting for you against Karn. :p

Ace: We did pretty good in teams and I'm sorry I had to go Falco against you. In all honesty, your Ganon is so much better than mine.

Mask: Your Falcon is too good, and you are so good at getting double-kills in teams. I wish i played against you more outside of our tournament matches.

Karn: Yoshi and Mewtwo are too good.

Dark Hart: It was fun playing you, and you are still pretty good after being one month out of practice. We need to play again.

Darksyde: We need to MM. Your tail-flapping Yoshi dance thing was fucking hilarious.

All the womenz with the guitar: You never played me a song...

BEHR: BIIIIIIIG DIIIIIIIIIIIIIICK!

Malk: You are awesome, thanks for taking us almost everywhere.

Vilt: I'm gonna **** you in MvC2 next time.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Ace: We did pretty good in teams and I'm sorry I had to go Falco against you. In all honesty, your Ganon is so much better than mine.
Man, your Ganon is beast. You're a pretty modest guy and I respect that. I'm glad your *** was on my team haha. Maybe next time we can record some more matches.

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
Just quit making excuses, it's highly dishonorable to your reputation as a smasher and it shows you really don't understand the purpose of a MM between high placers.
this

Haha, no, my thumb wasn't tired... you know what I mean. I wasn't mentally awake. You know how when you're playing mentally actively, you watch for things your opponent does in their style, you know exactly what strats you use, and you watch what you do right and wrong? I'm just saying that I was tired and wasn't really watch you or myself and just did random things. I simply forgot about the tornado; had I been playing to win I would have focused more on the things I should have been doing and I would have at least tried to abuse it.
Umm.... I was playing MK with one hand and texting with the other, and all I did was press the B button, it's not that hard.

Major props to Karn for playing Mewtwo. When I used M2 yesterday, Darksyde four-stock ***** me.

I had such a great time at this without entering anything, that I'm pretty sure I'm never going to enter any tournies outside of Brawl doubles (/money johns, Lucas).
Umm... I had 4 dollars left when they started calling for Brawl+.

metaknight sucks.
falcon is the best.
always will be.

ain't no way a f'n balloon can beat a man.
this

Foxy

Smash Master
Guys... someone has my SD card. I popped it in Zero's Wii when we loaded Brawl+ on it and I set his SD card aside. So Zero, you probably have my SD card in your Wii.

Also, I have someone's Animal Crossings gamecube memory card.

GofG

Smash Champion
so i figured out today that i walk past plur's apartment on my way home from school, walking. a bunch of highschoolers smoke pot right behind it. lol.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
ph00t: You have a good Brawl+ ZSS bro. I was surprised. I want your hat btw.
You can't have it, bro. It's my hat. It was kinda expensive, too. Then again, we keep giving you all this money at tourneys...

Also, My Brawl+ ZSS is aided immensely by the fact that uair is pretty gay, and everything else she has leads into it.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
ph00t, you should've commentated. You're a funny bro.
I couldn't hold a candle to Matt and Alex. Those two just come up with the craziest stuff. I'd just fumble around for jokes, and probably say stuff that isn't very funny.

Foxy

Smash Master
Here's the deal with Brawl+ vids: they need to be recorded off of the Wii's that they got the replay saved on, so I only have a portion of them. Also, lots of times we forgot to save replays. I'm waiting to work out sending all the other replays to me so I can record them.

However, I have another issue - my SD card was taken home by a certain someone in their Wii, and I need the hack codes for the replays to play back properly in order to record. So either I need to wait two weeks for when I'll be able to get my SD card back, or I have to get another SD card and get it prepped with codes too.

I think I can do the latter though, and I'll start with Brawl vids when I finish Melee ones (aka, a long time - maybe a few days?).

Be patient... takes a looooooooooooong time.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
I think Zero Gamer's a pretty cool guy, eh rols and spams and eh doesn't afraid of anything.

kupo15

Smash Hero
k. make sure you get the exact same codes or else you know what will happen. All those matches go to waste which would really suck. So you have the matches saved on the SD and a commentary file that will be overlapped?

Foxy

Smash Master
Yeah Kupo, I'm well aware. Whatever SD I use, I'll make sure I just use the code posted in this thread, which won't change.

The matches are saved on the three Wii's, and there isn't any commentary because the recording station was also the commentary station (and we had replays in Brawl so we didn't use it).

Sucks too, because Karn's Yoshi against my MK was just... well...

let's just say it was the BEST FREAKING CROWD EXPERIENCE EVER OH MY GOD

it was insane, i wish the sound was recorded

Edit for Melee vids: I already have about 15 really low-res ones uploaded (currently in private mode), I screwed up with the formatting and now I'm going back through and using something better, which uses about the same size and has like 5x the quality. Unfortunately, it also takes like 5x as long to format, so I've only got maybe 5-10 vids in that new format done and ready to upload overnight. However, they will be viewable and finished tomorrow (and I will edit the title and everything tomorrow morning).

Top Bottom