• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

**RESULTS** Foxy's Bromonthly #1 - Raleigh NC - Feb 7 - Melee & Brawl+

stingers

Smash Obsessed
can't you make a code to nerf MK

lower his priority or something

every other character is fine except link and ddd could use a few buffs they suck now

Malk

Smash Champion
I bet you could combo neutral B into neutral B if you space it to end right on a platform.

Shady Penguin

Smash Lord
Major props to Karn for playing Mewtwo. When I used M2 yesterday, Darksyde four-stock ***** me.

I had such a great time at this without entering anything, that I'm pretty sure I'm never going to enter any tournies outside of Brawl doubles (/money johns, Lucas).

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
You aren't gonna do Brawl singles Shady?

Oh btw you missed the funniest part when you left before Brawl+ yesterday.

Stingers, oh lol oh yeah. Just remembered. Such a silly stage.

Foxy

Smash Master
oh god i'm so hyped for a tournament i don't have to host so i can actually friendly and not lose tons of money mysteriously

out of curiosity what was your reason for not wanting to MM me
I already decided I was going to MM Peepee and I didn't want to do two... and I needed people to get out of the house.

anyone who relies on mk as a crutch deserves to be chewed out and spit upon
lol lots of people

You placed one spot higher than me in Melee. @_@ I wouldn't say that's way better.
Yeah, when referring to you I definitely didn't do way better. Also you played Mewtwo, so clearly you own me.

I told myself I wasn't gonna reply to your post Foxy, but I would just like you to know that my point was NOT to get across that you're worse than me in Melee, that was merely my supporting argument.
Mmhrm, I know that wasn't a point of yours, I just felt like saying it because I was mad about doing so badly against you. I just really hope that you don't think I'm a trash player who relies on gay Jiggs to place high because I got ***** so hard by you... I'm worried about that.

LOL and karn played mewtwo the whole time. I'm pretty sure he destroyed you convincingly last time he played you too? More convincingly than me?
Nope, I had MUCH more trouble with you at ASU. In my tourney set with Karn there (where he played Marth) I two-stocked him with Falcon, then I had a two-stock lead in game 2 but squandered that and then got 1-stocked game 3. All-in-all it was close and he made a good comeback (after he started tech chasing with grabs a lot). I think I could have beaten him if I played him this time due to now using Jiggs instead of Falcon and being much more successful with her.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
I'm more concerned about....whoa, better stop myself.

Suffice it to say that, as far as Melee goes, you earned your placing.

Killer: nonononononononononono

no.

Shady Penguin

Smash Lord
You aren't gonna do Brawl singles Shady?

Oh btw you missed the funniest part when you left before Brawl+ yesterday.

Stingers, oh lol oh yeah. Just remembered. Such a silly stage.
Now that I think about it, I'd be willing to enter Brawl singles if the entry fee is $5. The only thing I'll enter for 10 dollars is Brawl doubles though.

Foxy

Smash Master
Really?

I don't feel that I deserved third. That was my first time really playing Jiggs in a tournament, and you just shouldn't place like that with a new character (at least, new in competition). I was pretty shocked when I found out I was in winners' finals.

Really, I'm crap at this game.

If you're going to Bill's I want to make serious plans to friendly you a ton until I can take you down to 1-2 stocks. I think working with you could do wonders for my Jiggs (not to mention you can teach me about some matchups).

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Jiggz is a very easy pick up and play character, with good adjustments to situations, good pressure, a strong edge game, and incredible gimps.
There's no shame in winning with her, as she can die easily and be punished very well if not played properly.

Again, as far as this tourney/Melee goes, you earned your placing.

Malk

Smash Champion
100 demon summoner, 100 fire shaper, 97 flash ninja, 98 true angel...

he's a man of many talents.

kupo15

Smash Hero
can't you make a code to nerf MK

lower his priority or something

every other character is fine except link and ddd could use a few buffs they suck now
We can but that still doesn't make him any less annoying. It will be the same pain prolonged for a much longer period of time. We can nerf his Dsmash killing power, maybe make the tornado not as mobile, make the hitstun code not affect his moves so you can AD out of all MKs moves. But his moveset is just broken. Up b and B are just broken moves. They are too good.

Malk

Smash Champion
We can but that still doesn't make him any less annoying. It will be the same pain prolonged for a much longer period of time. We can nerf his Dsmash killing power, maybe make the tornado not as mobile, make the hitstun code not affect his moves so you can AD out of all MKs moves. But his moveset is just broken. Up b and B are just broken moves. They are too good.
Can't you just make all his moves take twice as many frames to come out? I think that would be a start :]

stingers

Smash Obsessed
i'm pretty sure doing all of those things will make him too bad

just lower his priority and make the dsmash not kill until like 120% with no DI. And if you made his Up-B have no glide after it that would be crazy awesome. He doesn't need 2 glides.

Foxy

Smash Master
Honestly the only moves of his that are at the "broken" level are his up-b, nado, and fair.

Up-b is only good because it has too much range and combos from a lot of things (usually dash attack and fair). However, it's merely really, really good and not insane because it actually has low killing power. I had to usually get to 150% before it killed (if I wasn't next to a close wall).

Fair is too good because it combos into itself very easily and has lots of range, but again it's comparable to thinks like ZSS's uair apart from its up-b finish.

Then nado is really good but still somewhat unsafe due to easy punishing if it isn't used properly.

Not saying he isn't broken, but those are my two cents on his moves.

Shady Penguin

Smash Lord
i'm pretty sure doing all of those things will make him too bad

just lower his priority and make the dsmash not kill until like 120% with no DI. And if you made his Up-B have no glide after it that would be crazy awesome. He doesn't need 2 glides.
If you nerf the dsmash, nerf the tornado, and take out his gliding all-together (greatly nerfing his god-like recovery), he should be perfectly fair.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
Foxy said:
but I think if a lot of people put time into Brawl+ we could find better characters.
sorry but...no.

MK is easily the best. ZSS is easily 2nd best. 3rd best is probably Shiek, but she has a crazy hard time killing so maybe not.

Here, here's a list of things to nerf from what I played and saw:
- MK in general
- Wario's Dair
- ZSS's Uair
- Shiek's Ftilt

Oh, and fix grab releases plx.

lord karn

Smash Master
Can't you just uair uair uair uair upb with meta? That killed me a lot at pretty low percents if I remember correctly.

ptown

Smash Ace
metaknight sucks.
falcon is the best.
always will be.

ain't no way a f'n balloon can beat a man.

Foxy

Smash Master
Uair seemed like it was great but it came in handy rarely. If you get it at low percents it can lead to 3-4 more and then up-b or nair (or nado, which I forgot to use with it), but at higher percentages DI goes way too far laterally to combo into anything.

I only got a couple uair combos on your Yoshi and up-b didn't kill you much, it only gimped you on Warioware, and I combo'd that from fairs.

ptown

Smash Ace
hey karn!

nice pants, man!
as always!
if judgement ever happens again, i can bring my pants.

and THEN, we can form team pants.

Top Bottom