• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

**RESULTS** Foxy's Bromonthly #1 - Raleigh NC - Feb 7 - Melee & Brawl+

Foxy

Smash Master
Like 12 Melee vids are up, specifically I recommend watching the very end of my MM with Dark Hart (part 2) and my match with Behr.

Also, watch in HQ if available please, some of them I did in extra high quality.

kupo15

Smash Hero
Foxy, its so unfortunate that right after your tourney, we get a code to speed up tech rolls, will be getting air momentum soon (falcon is back like melee using one SH to falcon punch across the stage) getting a code to shield during the initial dash, and one to remove meteor canceling...

Foxy

Smash Master
By remove meteor cancelling, do you mean add? There isn't any meteory cancelling in Brawl (just jumping or up-b'ing after hitstun). Those codes sound fantastic, we're having probably another small Brawl+ tournament at a place in two weeks, and I'll probably make the codeset for that too, so I'll keep updating and use those for it (of course, after I get vids from Saturday).

Also, more Melee vids are up. Unfortunately, even though they are in better quality now, the formatting made some parts a little jumpy; still watchable, but annoying and I personally would have preferred the smoother, really low-res stuff before... but it's not too bad since all of the important or exciting matches I did in extra high-res and when you view those in HQ they look perfect and there's no jumpiness.

kupo15

Smash Hero
By remove meteor cancelling, do you mean add? There isn't any meteory cancelling in Brawl (just jumping or up-b'ing after hitstun). Those codes sound fantastic, we're having probably another small Brawl+ tournament at a place in two weeks, and I'll probably make the codeset for that too, so I'll keep updating and use those for it (of course, after I get vids from Saturday).
lol no meteor canceling?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YowgaaOPSJo&feature=channel_page
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qd4JblpdacQ&feature=channel_page

Why do you think mario's fair is trash?

lord karn

Smash Master

Also, more Melee vids are up. Unfortunately, even though they are in better quality now, the formatting made some parts a little jumpy; still watchable, but annoying and I personally would have preferred the smoother, really low-res stuff before... but it's not too bad since all of the important or exciting matches I did in extra high-res and when you view those in HQ they look perfect and there's no jumpiness.
Apparently Bill wants to make the code now. You should consult with him about it.

Foxy

Smash Master
Foxy, you're still uploading more, right?
Yes, I am. I just finished with two large chunks of vids, the rest is harder to sort through because you can't really tell the friendlies from the MM's. I'm doing it, though.

If that's in B+, then I dunno what to say. I had no idea.

Apparently Bill wants to make the code now. You should consult with him about it.
Well, if I were you I'd just let him know that first I have a lot of experience with it, and second it's obviously FAR better to stick with a standard (and Kupo's codeset is pretty much the most standard, with very good variable values).

The only thing I do with it is take Kupo's latest and then add more frozen stages from Mookie's, because I love having more neutrals. It would be easier if Kupo would just put them in his regular codeset, but I guess most people don't want more neutrals?

Anyways, that's all I do, I certainly advocate a standard rather than Bill making his own thing.

kupo15

Smash Hero
Yes, I am. I just finished with two large chunks of vids, the rest is harder to sort through because you can't really tell the friendlies from the MM's. I'm doing it, though.

If that's in B+, then I dunno what to say. I had no idea.

Well, if I were you I'd just let him know that first I have a lot of experience with it, and second it's obviously FAR better to stick with a standard (and Kupo's codeset is pretty much the most standard, with very good variable values).

The only thing I do with it is take Kupo's latest and then add more frozen stages from Mookie's, because I love having more neutrals. It would be easier if Kupo would just put them in his regular codeset, but I guess most people don't want more neutrals?

Anyways, that's all I do, I certainly advocate a standard rather than Bill making his own thing.
That is brawl and regular brawl. Thats what we need to remove. Its not that I don't want neutrals, its just that I don't want to take away from the cp stages.

Why don't we use that Brawlplussery codeset?
I don't like that code set and beta 1 was really bad. Apparently beta 2 is similar to mine but I don't think those changes are necessary. Im going to rival it with mine so we shall see. I don't think that set has the line space for pws new codes when they come either

Foxy

Smash Master
Bill kept trying to tell me that yours is significantly different from everyone else's. @_@
Nope... certainly not.

However, he doesn't have to use Kupo's set at a base, but I would recommend sticking with any popular standard (there are a few), as long as it has the most recent codes, and making sure there are the frozen stages.

Foxy

Smash Master
The recording files are too big to send to anyone.

Sorry =P

After I go through the stuff and find what I can figure out and what I can't, I'll post the details on the unknown stuff here.

GofG

Smash Champion
The recording files are too big to send to anyone.

Sorry =P

After I go through the stuff and find what I can figure out and what I can't, I'll post the details on the unknown stuff here.
in after not knowing how to "mktorrent t=dht d=file n=torrent.torrent && ftp treefire.wetfish.net && put torrent.torrent" at the command line.

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
Well, for the Fox ditto mm between me and Zero: first match we played on DL64 and I 2 stocked him, then the second match he went to FD. No third match

the tourney set between me and Darksyde: we played a few friendlies first, the first match was his Falcon versus my Marth, (I got ***** (4stock, never going Marth vs Falcon again)) then I counter-picked Green Greens and we fox ditto'd. no third match.

tourney set Me and Mask versus BEHR and Zero: They were both Fox the whole time and I was Marth and Mask was Falcon. All I remember is that me and Mike won the set. We lost the first match, and counter-picked Brinstar, won. They counter picked somewhere, I don't really remember, and we won again.

I'll get stuff about me versus Vilt later.

Hope that helps you recognize and name things and whatever.

lord karn

Smash Master
Bill, James, and I tested out the Brawlplussery codeset earlier today. It wasn't very good. Every character in the game felt like a fast-faller, which ***** a lot of them, including Yoshi. Also, the no-sweetspotting code did not work consistently. Sometimes the characters would still sweetspot the edge, sometimes they wouldn't

kupo15

Smash Hero
Bill, James, and I tested out the Brawlplussery codeset earlier today. It wasn't very good. Every character in the game felt like a fast-faller, which ***** a lot of them, including Yoshi. Also, the no-sweetspotting code did not work consistently. Sometimes the characters would still sweetspot the edge, sometimes they wouldn't
thats why I don't like it. Everyone feels too heavy

Revven

FrankerZ
thats why I don't like it. Everyone feels too heavy
Not everyone feels "too heavy", some just have really FAST fastfalls (*cough* DDD *cough*) when they shouldn't. I quite liked Falcon in the set, tbh, you should really check out my videos to see what he can do with his settings. I'll agree to a point that the spacies feel a bit too heavy but, honestly, it isn't enough to make me HATE the set completely.

Then again, I only used my mains (Diddy Kong, DK, Wolf, Fox, CF, and Wario) DK, Diddy, and Wario all retaining their gravities (except the downgrav portion so they can FF faster) with changes to SH height that benefit them QUITE well (especially DK). There's some things the set does right, some things it does wrong, it doesn't make it a complete "suck" set though, Beta 1.1 was def. better than Beta 1. DK is definitely better in beta 1.1 than he is in your set, IMO.

It's only the first two betas, and you're already getting angry. D:

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Not everyone feels "too heavy", some just have really FAST fastfalls (*cough* DDD *cough*) when they shouldn't. I quite liked Falcon in the set, tbh, you should really check out my videos to see what he can do with his settings. I'll agree to a point that the spacies feel a bit too heavy but, honestly, it isn't enough to make me HATE the set completely.

Then again, I only used my mains (Diddy Kong, DK, Wolf, Fox, CF, and Wario) DK, Diddy, and Wario all retaining their gravities (except the downgrav portion so they can FF faster) with changes to SH height that benefit them QUITE well (especially DK). There's some things the set does right, some things it does wrong, it doesn't make it a complete "suck" set though, Beta 1.1 was def. better than Beta 1. DK is definitely better in beta 1.1 than he is in your set, IMO.

It's only the first two betas, and you're already getting angry. D:
I disagree on Wario. True, he fell slower than most of the cast, but he still fell like a rock. Wario is supposed to be floaty and tricksy in the air, and you can't really do the little approach and retreat mindgames with him in the Brawlplussery codeset.

We're not so much getting angry, as just deciding that the balance of the Brawlplussery codeset is problematic.

Top Bottom