• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Real mothers play melee. *Updated* Friendlies on Page 1 Stitchface 2 added

gm jack

Smash Lord
I see no reason why there would be a stigma. It is mostly dominated by young men, but I can't see anyone being refused for not fitting that group.

Zodiac

Smash Master
She's not bad, I can see that most of the time she makes good decisions in where to combo, But to answer your question, Yea I think its fine for people over 30 to be in the community. No one that really enjoy's melee stops playing the game! XD. I know a few people who are "older" that play in this community and go to tournaments. But to me it seems like any other hobby, like sky diving or something or other (Except smash is safer and less expensive haha!)

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
I can't watch the video this sec, but I always figured it was taboo to play smash if your that old, however that's just what they want you to believe.

But that's really cool how smash is cool for people from 6-36. And we can all relate and love the game.

i've seen a guy over 30 saying isn't as good because you can't rip any heads up like in MK.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
I can't watch the video this sec, but I always figured it was taboo to play smash if your that old, however that's just what they want you to believe.

But that's really cool how smash is cool for people from 6-36. And we can all relate and love the game.

i've seen a guy over 30 saying isn't as good because you can't rip any heads up like in MK.
well she is older than 36 :D. Actually she is older than 46 ;). She has good reaction for an older person. I wonder what she could do if intensely trained. O__o

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
I didn't want to talk about age to much. I know is bugs some people.
EDIT
I just saw it. If she doesn't know you can press down at any time during peach's jump and just stop and she could work on mindgames a little bit. Unless her hands are messed up somehow could could do well and i'm geussing she isn't really closed minded.

Kanelol

Smash Lord
I would be so stoked if my mom wanted to play melee. I think in general, people of any age are welcome, as long as they don't look like creepy pedophiles. The whole "Only teenagers play video games" thing is annoying anyway.

Nice vid by the way. I'm quickly becoming a fan of Spam_arrows productions.

soma ghost

Smash Journeyman
why do people usually stop playing(retire from) melee anyway? is it that they feel to old, or do they just get bored?

ru5514n

Smash Ace
why do people usually stop playing(retire from) melee anyway? is it that they feel to old, or do they just get bored?
I would guess yes, they do feel too old. They also probably have more responsibilities now, so they don't have as much time/energy for smashing.

Spam_arrows, you have the coolest mom ever. I'm jealous.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
All my mom did was try to make me afraid of the world and tell me all the dog not to midlessly beat animals into a bleeding mass. WTF? I didn't know I was ever men to aniamls.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
Jobs and life usually get in the way of regular smashers as they get older

it's cool to see a mom doing something like this though. thats real bonding haha

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
You know what I love melee, i'll be playing till my hands/mind or I really can't pay for it or i'm to busy becoming president. This is a game where anything is possible it's more magically than harry potter, a game more epic than norris chuck and sexier than (or if I were victra asians) _______. It's a limitless gateway of beuty that's why ssbb isn't the bee's knees. Trying to compare to this would be near impossibleable. All you have to do is believe and try and you'll do amazing things in this game just like life.

But who knows i'm 16 and people alreadly tell me I look like a rapeist so I don't know how that will go when i'm over 20.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Mother/Son doubles team. I'm trying to think of a good pun but I can't
Son of a... no nevermind. I will be respectfull. ^_^

Son of a mom if you'd like. Or... Moma's boi for you or something.

Although, you probaly couldn't bring your mom over to a friends house, wouldn't strike your friends parents a little weird? Now, bringing your friends to YOUR house wouldn't matter, because your mom lives there. Then she could just play with you guys there.

I wouldn't mind playing with her at some tourny though. : D Now, you can't say MOM JOHNS. ANd she CAN say SON JOHNS. haha.

I.B

Smash Lord
I knew she would be a Peach player hahaha

This is mad cool though, tell her to practice up and join the community.

Jonas

Smash Champion
I hope most top players today will still play Melee well into their thirties :p
Age shouldn't be a barrier. I can see why some people would think having adults at a video game tournament is weird, but it's just a matter of what you're used to.

smakis

Smash Ace
that was too awesome for words, screw the nay-sayers and bring her to tourneys, learn her all the technical shiz and she is good to go =)

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
"Why dont you play Brawl?"

"Cus Brawl sucks"

Yeah, she'll fit in fine.
best post so far

Smashmom ain't afraid to D-smash those kids when they get outta line!
i lol'ed

she would be very well received i imagine. I know she could beat 1 person in our crew, so she definitely has the skill/potential.

bring her to tournies if at all possible

Top Bottom