• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Real mothers play melee. *Updated* Friendlies on Page 1 Stitchface 2 added

Kanelol

Smash Lord
I ****ing approve. We need more people like Spam_Arrows. Or Spam_mom. Whatever. To be honest, Spam, I thought you were sort of a douche when you first started posting in the Fox forums, but you've turned it around.

<3

P.S. The brawl sucks part made me pee a little

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
tell ur mom to stop spamming
She is Spam_arrows's Mother key word being SPAM

I ****ing approve. We need more people like Spam_Arrows. Or Spam_mom. Whatever. To be honest, Spam, I thought you were sort of a douche when you first started posting in the Fox forums, but you've turned it around.

<3

P.S. The brawl sucks part made me pee a little
lol Don't get it twisted my friend I am a douche :chuckle:

Sraigux

Smash Journeyman
I love her ability to combo with unorthodox moves. And she has pretty good spacing

Also she would beat me.

And she knows where it's at; brawl's too easy

Bones0

Smash Legend
She should start a Moms for Melee organization to raise Melee awareness in households everywhere.

Actually, this thread makes me want to host a Parents & and Sons/Daughters Melee tournament. Everyone and their mother or father teams up in doubles matches to see who is the best (i.e. who can carry their parent the most lol).

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
She should start a Moms for Melee organization to raise Melee awareness in households everywhere.

Actually, this thread makes me want to host a Parents & and Sons/Daughters Melee tournament. Everyone and their mother or father teams up in doubles matches to see who is the best (i.e. who can carry their parent the most lol).
Lol you sure, maybe one of our parents is secretly amazin.

Fletch

Smash Master
You know what I love melee, i'll be playing till my hands/mind or I really can't pay for it or i'm to busy becoming president. This is a game where anything is possible it's more magically than harry potter, a game more epic than norris chuck and sexier than (or if I were victra asians) _______. It's a limitless gateway of beuty that's why ssbb isn't the bee's knees. Trying to compare to this would be near impossibleable. All you have to do is believe and try and you'll do amazing things in this game just like life.

But who knows i'm 16 and people alreadly tell me I look like a rapeist so I don't know how that will go when i'm over 20.
Sorry to quote something from the first page, but I imagine that you are completely drunk whenever you post, and it makes everything much more entertaining.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Tell to not use side-b, not a good move.

She's really good at turnip mindgames. Never thought of the throw to dair thing myself. I wanna try it out later today.

Don't throw turnips at them anymore if your opponent isn't going to recover back to the stage. It just gives them another opportunity to recover.

Tell her to try out d-tilt.

Obviously she needs fc'ing.

Your mom definitely has the right mindset for this type of thing and probably could become pretty good if she practices enough. Take her to tournaments lol.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
haha this is awesome! It would be sick if she started playing competitively =P

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
When I first played Brawl after playing Melee my Mom immediately said "What? Why is everyone so slow and floaty?". I proceeded to LOL.

D

Deleted member

I wish my mom played Melee, but she at least knows Melee is better than brawl. She plays Sonic games, though. Then she goes on about how iAm weird for being a girl who plays video games. :laugh:

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
good lord a mom playing smash. my ma got me into games a looong time ago (Donkey kong Arcade ... from what she says she was pretty good @ it hahaha) but has since determined that they're a waste of time ect ect ect...

@ Spam_arrows: i read the advice that other people are giving you on what to teach her. i dabble in peach here and there and IMO the most important thing to teach her is Peach's GODLY gimp game. Auto-float + bair >>>>>>>>>>>> turnip spam man. teach her the gimp game techs and most of the rest of the necissary playstyle will fall into place... then REAL improvment can begin. walk before you run right?

you guys live in deleware? try and make it to a tourny up here at some point i'll play all of you haha. ;)

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
I am super busy but hopefully soon I can make it out to some events again. Some people must think i'm a **** by now......like ultimascout probably like "I tell everyone DE isn't dead and you go back into hiding...**** YOU SPAM.":laugh:

a series of unfotunate events have basically forced me remain imobile in the tourney world but hopefully this summer that can change. ;)

on another note. What's ****ed up about this is my mom wouldn't team with me. She would ditch me to team with M2K or Mango so she would "Have a chance to actually win" :(

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
....CAN YOU HEAR ME MOMMAAA

WHEN IM IN NEEEEED.

OH SHES A TRIFELING

STOCK DIGGAAA

THAT DIGS ON MEEEEE
:chuckle:

Bumped for updates.... Matches on Page1. ******** Stitchface Combo at 2:20ish vs Pikachu. Axe teach me to play Pika :(. ICG Teach me to play Pichu LOL.

Be warned the matches have random music. IF you don't like it I got 2 words for you....Mute it. :D

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
i swear to god, that stitchface combo made my eye twitch

your mom >EVERYONE

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
i swear to god, that stitchface combo made my eye twitch

your mom >EVERYONE
Should have heard the actual sound...but it didn't work for some reason.:(

Basically this is what happened.

*First turnip hits.*

Me: Luck

*Next Turnip*

Me: Bull****...

*STITCHFACE!*

Me: GET THE **** OUTTA HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What was that!!!!!

Mom: : LOL gotcha.

Me: *Mad but happy it got recorded*

That match was super close. I didn't want to lose cuz I'd have to hear Axe's mouth :(

I did lose a match or 2 or 3 somewhere but it's friendlies and I don't use half the people I played with lol.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
I guess some advice things:

She should continue throwing turnips after you go into the helpless state of ur up-b. She lost hte match vs. ur pikachu because of that.

Sometimes she just stops and doesn't do anything. She has to keep moving. Especially since she plays Peach. You have to keep the flow with her kinda.

She had a really good tech chase. She should do more of those.

Try experimenting with float canceling. It's really helpful. FC fair and nair are really good.

Peach has a really good edgeguarding game. Tell her to experiment with other moves that aren't turnips to edgeguard. Try going off the stage to edeguard and then recover back with Peach's amazing recovery.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
I guess some advice things:

She should continue throwing turnips after you go into the helpless state of ur up-b. She lost hte match vs. ur pikachu because of that.

Sometimes she just stops and doesn't do anything. She has to keep moving. Especially since she plays Peach. You have to keep the flow with her kinda.

She had a really good tech chase. She should do more of those.

Try experimenting with float canceling. It's really helpful. FC fair and nair are really good.

Peach has a really good edgeguarding game. Tell her to experiment with other moves that aren't turnips to edgeguard. Try going off the stage to edeguard and then recover back with Peach's amazing recovery.
well these were recorded Tuesday

Since then I've been teaching her Float cancel Bairs to edgeguard Fox + Falco. For the most part I was testing her ability to deal with Lasers. She did well but I have been training her to shield reflect more. It's hard to train her in to play peach because I have to learn first:chuckle:.

She needs to practice her execution on gimps though. She currently doesn't trust herself to go off the edge for gimps much. I'll post more in the future but thanks for the advice.

Her worse match-ups so far are Marth and Falcon.... The Falcon Rage and speed bothers her and Marth's Sword seems to get the best of her also. What should do peaches do about that?

Smash Master
This is amazing. She's learning faster than I did, and Peach is not an easy character.

S l o X

Smash Champion
lol smash mom, ****.

also . . . for pika vs peach, watch Chu Dat vs Cort matches. forces Cort, one of the best peaches if not the best peach of his time, to switch to cfalc (dont remember what tourney . . . rom maybe?)

or just watch Chu's Pika in general. pr'ty good.

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
wife says that Marth peach IS NOT a winning match-up.

i quote:

"People ask me 'how do you beat Marth with Peach?' and I tell them you can't you have to outsmart him or out wait him but you can't character to character beat him... it's not a winning match-up"

now then he does give adivce i'd say to have her watch/listen to the M2K vs armada pound 4 set.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
wife says that Marth peach IS NOT a winning match-up.

i quote:

"People ask me 'how do you beat Marth with Peach?' and I tell them you can't you have to outsmart him or out wait him but you can't character to character beat him... it's not a winning match-up"

now then he does give adivce i'd say to have her watch/listen to the M2K vs armada pound 4 set.
I remember that. I will have to do this. Also find some footage of other peaches that win or do well against marth aside from Armada. So it doesn't look like only Armada beats marth lol.

Top Bottom