• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Your Own Falco

Fiery brawl

Smash Rookie
7, i'm average, but he is my main, regardless of being bad or not Falco is just all around average

Blad01

Smash Lord
This thread is really really pervert :laugh:

I think I'm at 0 currently. Haha, seriously, how could I rate myself, there is hardly any scale, and some wifis falco rate themselves so high ô_o

Hawks go Caw

Smash Ace
^ pretty much. But this is about rating your own progress, so those that rate themselves with dishonesty are only cheating themselves.
I'm glad we came to this conclusion because I was feeling pretty dumb about rating myself a 5. But yeah, I've definitely improved since I first posted.

I think I and a lot of other people find it tough to kill with Falco because we're trying to kill too soon. At like 120-135% is when I would start going for the kill moves, but landing an Fsmash is pretty difficult and Usmash doesn't kill at that percent. So by the time I got the opponent to like 150, Usmash would be too stale. I've trained myself so that around 130% I start trying to refresh Usmash and Bair so that by 150 they're good to kill and it's worked pretty well so far.

I've also just been thinking a lot more during matches and not going on autopilot. LaST 3 is coming up and there's going to be a good amount of competition. Hopefully I can get some videos of those matches up against some people so you guys can judge me too
(and then invite me to the back room)

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
Probably like a 6. I still can't phantasm cancel, my silent laser on the double lasers is slacking off lately, I don't use Nair enough, and I'm aggressive as hell. Of course, I put in MAD work. My Falco is trained to eat MK.

Denzi

Smash Master
Probably like a 6. I still can't phantasm cancel, my silent laser on the double lasers is slacking off lately, I don't use Nair enough, and I'm aggressive as hell. Of course, I put in MAD work. My Falco is trained to eat MK.
Phantasm canceling is probably the most important thing on the list. The Silent laser(during SHDL) isn't really 100% necessary, and the only Falco I think I've seen do it even somewhat consistently is D1. Nair sticks with platform stages for the most part, and being somewhat aggro isn't all that bad.

Marcbri

Smash Lord
NNID
Marcbri
I think my Falco is good enough to have a 7/ 8 since I've proved myself to be the best in my country currently and now I'm going to get Europe ( lol placing 1st is almost impossible but top 8 would be pretty awesome). I know all the useful ATs, know how to use them and I know almost all match-ups and well my playstile highly depends on the match-up and I keep changing in a match if it isn't working ( of course, if that playstyle works, while change?XD).

And well, overall the areas I excel the more are probably techchases, DI, Smash DI and being unpredictable

btw I'm an offline player, wifi sucks and I hope I don't get underrated for being from Europe xD

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
Yeah, I know. Also, against MK, my Falco is probably an 7.5. In truth, I only attack character's Falco can attack. I'm nearly completely proficient vs. MK. I just need more Nair and Phantasm cancel.

Marcbri

Smash Lord
NNID
Marcbri
^

The stereotype: US > Japan > PAL regions

PAL > Japan at least in melee xD

still, the game is not played the same, I hope europan players going to Genesis will represent us =D ( though not many people is going right now)

Apollo$

Smash Ace
5/10 since I can rack up damage and play it safe but the killing part and getting back on the ledge is when I fail.

Xaltis

Smash Hero
9/10 only problem i have is i forward smash too much when i get nervous in tourneys or something, and that sometimes i just have to rush in like against Metaknights and i get owned,

I put 9 because i'm just about up to every technical falco thing there is.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
9/10 only problem i have is i forward smash too much when i get nervous in tourneys or something, and that sometimes i just have to rush in like against Metaknights and i get owned,

I put 9 because i'm just about up to every technical falco thing there is.
This makes me sigh.
You came on these boards saying you're the ****.

I guess it's all overconfidence :urg:

Xaltis

Smash Hero
This makes me sigh.
You came on these boards saying you're the ****.

I guess it's all overconfidence :urg:
Not at all, i've told you my problems i have. I actually havent fought a better Falco than me other than Tommy G to be honest, if you wanna rate me lower than 9 then 8.5 is the least since Tommy G teaches me all the Falco stuff so i do know alot already.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Not at all, i've told you my problems i have. I actually havent fought a better Falco than me other than Tommy G to be honest, if you wanna rate me lower than 9 then 8.5 is the least since Tommy G teaches me all the Falco stuff so i do know alot already.
You say you have all the technical skill, but in reality that's not even half of everything.

I can see how you haven't fought a better Falco, but fighting Falcos is a bad way of measuring their skill, you'd better watch your placing/ask other people.

M@v

Subarashii!
7.5/10 My Falco is solid,(quickly becoming a second main for me, not a secondary). I got all the At's down, although i do whiff a boost smash here and there. I have to get less predictable too. I usually win with my Falco, but I still dont have as much matchups experience with him as I do with fox.

Im considering 9 and above pro are pro falcos , D1, sk92, DEHF, kisnmet, all those good people. no one's perfect, so I wouldn't say any Falco is a 10.

Xaltis

Smash Hero
You say you have all the technical skill, but in reality that's not even half of everything.

I can see how you haven't fought a better Falco, but fighting Falcos is a bad way of measuring their skill, you'd better watch your placing/ask other people.
Well i've been getting almost to the top 5 in tourneys i've just recently been going to i'd say thats pretty good.

Typ_Ex

Smash Lord
i thought this was the rate your OWN falco thread. meaning nobody shoudl care how peopel rank themselves.

i still give myself a 0 cause i dont run away and shoot lasers.

BleachigoZX

Smash Master
I refuse to rate my amazing Falco.

(I think I'm the only contributer here who has 0 Videos. Yet you all respect me, regardless, Thank you! )

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
I refuse to rate my amazing Falco.

(I think I'm the only contributer here who has 0 Videos. Yet you all respect me, regardless, Thank you! )
I think I uploaded 5 very bad matches from a while ago.

I don't count them as videos, so you're not the only one with 0 vids.

Never seen Denzi neither

YUNq PHR3$H

Smash Journeyman
I Also Have No Vids Atm
Hmm . . . Rate My Flako Eeh . .
Meh . My Flako Is Too Flashy 4 The Average.
But If I Have To Choose Ill Say 7(1/2)
Mainy Because I Need To Brush Up On Some Matchups Like Mk && iC'S && G&W
Other Than That I Have One Of The Most Flashiest Birds In The Nest Of Brooklyn Imo:chuckle:

BleachigoZX

Smash Master
You are NY?
I'm NJ we should play each at the next possible tournament we get the chance to. I might come up for a Guanlet some time this summer.

AvoiD

Smash Lord
NNID
AvoiDMe
Playing Ozz on WiFi made me realize how much I sucked, and how I abuse online.

Matches where I'm sandbagging, you get ***** way to easy lul. I airdodge way to much then I should, and I found I'm to predictable in friendlies. I use some stuff that wouldn't work offline though, and it's a pretty bad habit.

All I got for now. Hope I can go to PnT this weekend :(

AvoiD

Smash Lord
NNID
AvoiDMe
To see your problems I guess, and if others were having the same, they could help to fix it?

<.<

Top Bottom