• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances - Smash Ultimate Edition! Day 672: Five Most Likely First and Third Parties for Smash 6, and Final Goodbyes

RealPokeFan11

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0818-9732-6979
The Dude that Rolls Patrick Star's Giant Ball of Bubblegum for a Living (Does anyone even remember that nasty episode?)
Chance: 5%
Want: 25%

Once again I don't have much to say here, so I'm gonna use bullet points for chance here.

- Sleeper Namco Rep.
- Not as popular as some of Namco's other series.
- Appears in PAC-MAN's up taunt.
- Willing to use games for promotional material. Yes, he even appeared in games like Crossy Road.
- Limited moveset potential

I haven't been too interested in this character. The only time I really knew this character well was when I used him in Crossy Road, so my want score will be somewhat low. Also there are other Namco reps I would prefer over him.

Reaper x10
YA BOI XURKITREE! 1%

Expect me to arrive early with my moveset and a link to the support thread :)

Last edited:

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
The Prince (Katamari)

Chance: 1%
Excluding the plethora of mobile spinoffs and the recent Switch port of the original game, the Katamari series has not had a main series entry in a while so I'm not sure what releasing The Prince would accomplish. The Prince has also found a home in Pac-Man's taunt and while I don't view that as an automatic deconfirmation I think it does hurt his chances quite a bit. Finding a way to incorporate Katamari's signature ball rolling gameplay into The Prince's moveset without it feeling butchered would also be a real hassle. It'd probably be more convoluted than trying to give Heihachi a moveset. In addition to all of this, The Prince has to compete with much more popular Namco characters such as Lloyd Irving and a possible Tekken rep to name a few (both of which have much more going for them).

Want: 0%
I played a bit of the original Katamari many years ago and I thought it was fun and hilarious. That said I really don't think the series deserves a playable character as there are a ton of better Namco characters to choose from. Another reason why I wouldn't want him is because I don't even think its possible for the ball rolling mechanic to be implemented without it being severely butchered. The only way I can see it being implemented is through The Prince's final smash, but having it only available through that would make his inclusion feel completely pointless. Katamari is ripe for a stage or an assist trophy, but not a character.

Xurkitree chance prediction: 1.27%

Nominations:
Concept: SNK rep x10

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
I heavily disagree with the idea that Lloyd Irving is in any way, shape or form more iconic than Katamari.

TCT~Phantom TCT~Phantom do we allow the concept of non-video game characters to be nominated?
1. I would argue that Tales is bigger than Katamari. Tales has sold more. Although maybe Katamari > Lloyd, Tales> Katamari.

2. For the sake of argument, I will allow the concept to be rated. Individual fourth parties will not be rated. But the concept, I will allow.

waddledeeonredyoshi

Smash Lord
While I think Tales has sold more, I believe Katamari is still the better known franchise in the gaming community and probably has more legacy. It's even one of the few games included in the Museum Modern Art.

Troykv

Smash Master
... Ah? I'll abstain because I don't idea what to say about Katamari... he's so weird and I don't have experience with his games.

What is the game even about?

____

Predictions:

Xurkitree: 1.22%

Nominations:

Reimu Hakurei x5

Artix

Smash Journeyman
The Prince (Katamari Damacy)

While Katamari Damacy is one of Namco's bigger franchise, it still doesn't hold the candle to other bigger franchises like Tales or Tekken. Not to mention, he already appeared in the game as one of Pac-Man's taunts, so that really hurts his chances. His biggest competitions is with Lloyd and Heihachi/Jin and either of those are more likely to get in Smash than the Prince.

Want: 50%
On one hand, I really do like Katamari Damacy. I've had fun playing that game ever since I got it when it was first released in PS2. But on the other, as much as I'd like him in Smash, my preferrence for a second Namco rep is either Lloyd or Jin Kazama.

Nominations:
Arthas Menethil (Warcraft) x100 (Unlikely as it might be, I don't care. I'm a Warcraft fan after all.)

Cabbagehead

#Ashley4Smashley
NNID
RadRedi
The Prince

Chance: 10%
Even before Katamari Damacy Reroll came to Switch, there was a DS-exclusive Katamari spin-off in Japan, so there's even more of a precedent than, say, Joker from Persona, as far as "being on a Nintendo console" goes.

Also, The Prince is one of two prominent Bandai-Namco (Namco-Bandai?) characters who is absent from Ultimate in any way, shape, or form (the other being obvious, but for those of you who who don't know, his name rhymes with "Floyd Smirving").

Part of me can't shake the idea that The Prince could end up throwing everyone off and being a part of this Fighter Pass. But then again, that's awfully optimistic and unprecedented of me...

Want: 999% (Okay, fine. 100%)
I know it might come as a shock to see me not abstain from a third-party rating due to my inherent disdain for third-parties in Smash, but if third-parties are gonna be a thing, then I'll play along and make who I want known.

No third-party property can match the nostalgia factor of Katamari for me...well, outside of Crash and Spyro. No doubt, when they announced Reroll was coming to Switch, I yelled out of pure joy. Other than Isabelle in Smash/AC in 2019, it made that September Direct for me.

Katamari is a property that I always felt would blend with the world of Nintendo very well, due to its fun, quirky atmosphere and "gameplay first, plot later" direction. And due to the unique nature of the franchise, I'm sure The Prince would make for an incredibly unique character inclusion.

And, in the same vein as Steve from Minecraft, Katamari character = Katamari music, and that certainly sweetens the deal. I'd kill for a battle-ready rendition of "Royal Academy of Katamari" and "Katamari Dancing", among many, many others.

Please, Sakurai. If this Fighter Pass is only third-parties, and Geno and Banjo are off the table, at least include The Prince and Phoenix Wright...

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Also, The Prince is one of two prominent Bandai-Namco (Namco-Bandai?) characters who is absent from Ultimate in any way, shape, or form (the other being obvious, but for those of you who who don't know, his name rhymes with "Floyd Smirving").
He appears in Pac-Man's taunt:

Last edited:

NeonBurrito

Smash Ace
The Prince of All Cosmos

Chance - 1%

Despite Katamari Damacy being a rather notable series of Namco Bandai's, the current competition for a secondary Namco Bandai character is absolutely brutal. He has to compete with:
  • Heihachi Mishima, Jin Kazama, or any other possible Tekken character (kind of hoping for Kuma myself)
  • Lloyd Irving, Yuri Lowell, or any other possible Tales character
  • Chosen Undead, Solaire, or any other possible Dark Souls character
  • Nightmare or any other possible Soul Calibur character (kind of hoping for Yoshimitsu here, but Nightmare would also be rad)
  • Klonoa
  • Agumon
  • KOS-MOS
  • Any possible retro character (Dig Dug? Ms. Pac-Man? Mappy?)
  • Any possible sleeper picks (Don-chan from Taiko no Tatsujin? Rick Taylor from Splatterhouse? Reiko Nagase from Ridge Racer? Larry "Pixy" Foulke from Ace Combat? Haruka Amami from The iDOLM@STER?)
While some are definitely more likely than others, who knows what we could get from this point on now that Joker is in.

Katamari Damacy REROLL almost certainly had no effect on the development of the DLC, Katamari Damacy itself doesn't exactly have the legacy or popularity that many other Namco franchises do, and he certainly isn't a very highly requested character either. His appearance in Pac-Man's taunt doesn't bode very well either. However, I still don't think he's impossible.

Want - 75%

I'd love to see him. I'm sure that The Prince could make for an extremely unique fighter, even if I do find him incredibly unlikely.

To me, Namco Bandai has always been significantly less serious with their franchises compared to most other companies, and I've always found that extremely endearing. Hell, I'd love most, if not all of the characters listed above just because of the crazy things they could do with them.

Katamari Damacy is probably one of the finest examples of Namco embracing their quirky side, resulting in a franchise with addictive gameplay, enjoyable characters, and a phenomenal soundtrack. I adore the Katamari franchise, and I would love to see it get some more representation in the Smash series rather than just a part in Pac-Man's taunt. Even just some music tracks on another Namco stage would be fine with me.

Nominations
Brash the Bear (Donkey Kong Country 3) x100

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
The Prince of All Cosmos

Chance - 0.05% - Despite the relative fame he has, I don't think he can be a fighter. He's a bit too... Unconventional of a character to really make a moveset out of. His entire shtick is growing a ball to collect stuff to collect more stuff, which makes for a better assist trophy like Bomberman than playable.

Want - 55% - He's cool, and if he'd prove interesting enough I have no complaints. I have no desire to see him playable, though.

Nominations

Monster Hunter X100

Last edited:

Awakining

Smash Apprentice
The Prince (Katamari):

Chance: 0.01%

I believe that, in the current stage of speculation, no character is truly impossible. However, I don't believe that The Prince has any real chance. His competition is stiff, with many larger names from the same company vying for space in the DLC pass, and he faces the consequences of his guest spot in one of Pac-Man's taunts, among other reasons already discussed. Therefore, I don't expect Katamari rep in this or any future seasons.

Want: 5%

The Prince is an inoffensive choice to me, but I can't give him any more praise than that. I've never had any interest in Katamari or its characters; although there are choices that I would definitely care less for, and the concept of Katamari would be amusing to see in a fighting game, I think that Nintendo could do a better job with their DLC pass, so I would prefer to see other characters.

Nominations: Porky x5

Prediction (Xurkitree): 0.5%

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
... Ah? I'll abstain because I don't idea what to say about Katamari... he's so weird and I don't have experience with his games.

What is the game even about?

____

Predictions:

Xurkitree: 1.22%

Nominations:

Reimu Hakurei x5
I’ll preface this by stating that none of what I say below is a joke.

You play as the Prince of All Cosmos. Your father, the gargantuan King of All Cosmos, who refers to himself as We, goes on a drunken bender and... err... makes love to the universe. That ends with all the stars being destroyed. So you, as the prince, have to roll a Katamari (a ball) over random stuff spanning from pencils to trash to cows, with the objective of making Katamari large enough to become stars.

I'm thinking of using my 100 noms tomorrow... not saying who it's for though!
Putting my money on Xurkitree [Rerate]

Nemuresu

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3325-3200-4137
Prince:
Chance: 1%-I don't find Katamari to be popular, at least, popular enough to guarantee a possible scenario where Nintendo decides to have the Prince in Smash. With Joker, at least his game was big enough to justify the idea, but here, I just don't see that happening. Only not giving him a zero because of possible surprise factor.
Want: 0%-I'd say it's unfair for me to do that since I've never played Katamari itself. However, I did look at gameplay and trailers, and frankly, I'm not really interested in him and his rolling balls. My stance on Namco characters still goes to the main three Mishimas from Tekken over everyone else.
Nominations: Dantex100

DaUsername

Smash Ace
NNID
DaUsername
Switch FC
SW-1418-0536-1998
It Prince

They went through the effort of adding him to Pac-Man's taunt, so he's probably not gonna be playable. Plus, I'm sure they'd choose a more well known Namco character if we were to get one.
Want: 75%
I've haven't played his games yet and I'm not sure how a moveset would work. There is one thing I do know, though, him being in would pretty much guarantee this song being in the game, and that would be pretty cool.

Tree prediction: 1%
Noms: Poochy x100

ProfPeanut

Smash Ace
Prince of All Cosmos

Chance: 5%
Nichely iconic, and not the second Bandai-Namco character most people think of. While Katamari Damacy is both quirky and memorable, the series has existed in its own bubble for pretty much its entire lifespan--you don't see derivatives of it, or anyone saying that they're inspired by it to make something out of its lessons (unless the recent Donut Country counts). It's not exactly lucrative either, so it's no big beacon for Nintendo to gravitate towards.

Weird choice, and the kind of guy I'd select as an ideal Assist Trophy. While I can't say I'd be against Prince being a character, he really doesn't inspire excitement.

Prediction
Xurkitree: 0.1%

Nominations
Hat Kid x10

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Day over

Today we for a Christmas tree. Or rather a Xurcitree. Rate the electric ultra beast.

Predict Master Chief. You know who he is.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Xurkitree

Chance: 15%
While certainly a unique Pokemon in its own right, there are other contenders from Pokemon. Lycanroc is currently the most popular Gen 7 Pokemon not counting Incineroar, and Gen 8 is around the corner. I don't know why they would pick Xurkitree over Lycanroc anyways.

Want: 30%
He is my second favorite Ultra Beast (only behind Naganadel) so he would be cool to see in Smash. I'm not holding my breath or anything.

Nominate: Amy Rose x100

RealPokeFan11

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0818-9732-6979

Before you give Xurkitree a 0% want score because it's another Pokémon, take a look at my moveset idea first, then rate. If you want to give a 0% anyway, I'm totally cool with that :)

ALIEN INTRUDER ALERT! XURKITREE INVADES!

Xurkitree is a new Pokémon introduced in Generation 7. It's an electric type Ultra Beast with a ridiculous base SpA of 173. After using it in battles, it quickly became my favorite Gen 7 Pokémon and my most wanted newcomer. (Besides the obvious fan favorite suggestions.)

Xurkitree would be a middleweight, large sized character with some of its standard attacks having long range like Simon and Corrin. It moves fast on the ground and packs a lot of power in its melee and special attacks.

Moveset:
Neutral B: Thunder Cannon
Xurkitree manually charges an electrical beam with four different stages, and launches it at the opponent.
Stage 1: Small electrical cannonball that explodes for minor damage.
Stage 2: Slightly bigger cannonball that explodes and stuns opponents.
Stage 3: Medium sized electrical projectile that does medium to high damage and stuns opponents.
Stage 4: Giant electrical laser that flies across the map at a quick speed and deals high damage.

Side B: Dazzling Gleam
Xurkitree lunges forward and flashes a mid-ranged blinding light in the opponent's eyes, launching them and leaving them dizzy and open for attack.
(Same range as Palutena's Autoreticle)

Up B: Galvanic Rocket
Xurkitree surrounds itself with an electric force field and propels itself a great distance into any direction chosen.

Down B: Beast Boost
Xurkitree plants itself into the ground for 3 seconds and boosts the power of its special attacks. The effect lasts for 10 seconds.

Final Smash: Viva Las Ultra Space
Xurkitree rips open an ultra wormhole and sucks nearby players in. It will then summon the rest of the ultra beasts and perform a team attack in a cutscene final smash.

Smash attacks:

Forward Smash: Power Whip
Xurkitree lashes its long arm at the opponent

Up Smash: Spikes
It attacks by planting itself and hitting opponents with its spiky head.

Down Smash: Shock Pillars
Xurkitree summons two pillars of electricity on both of its sides and hits nearby opponents

Grab: Xurkitree uses its long tail and grabs enemies from a distance
(Similar to Lucas' pet snake)

Up Throw: Xurkitree throws the enemy above it and strikes with a thunderbolt

Down Throw: Xurkitree brutally whacks the enemy into the ground three times before letting go. 50% chance to bury after 3rd hit.

Forward Throw: Xurkitree swings its tail in a circle, and drags the enemy across the ground before throwing and firing a mini laser.

Back Throw: Xurkitree spins its body and throws the enemy back, with a mini laser as a goodbye present.

Taunts (these will be legendary and meme worthy for years to come within the Smash community)
Up: Guard Duty (Plants itself and wiggles its arms while emitting a loud shriek for intimidation)
Side: The Wiggle (Does an iconic dance seen in Pokémon Refresh when feeding it)
Down: I Have Awoken (Plants itself and gets woken up by getting struck by lightning. Lightning can spike opponents on the ledge.)

Victory Animations
1: Xurkitree flies out of an Ultra Wormhole head first, and strikes a pose during landing
2: Xurkitree is overflowing with electricity while the camera rotates, and releases it all from its hands in a pose. (Think of Moira's Transformation highlight intro from Overwatch)
3: Xurkitree does its famous dance that already appears in one of its taunts

The rest of its moves (dodges, aerials, etc) are up to your imagination.

If this character gets in, I will be really happy, and I hope you all decide to support it. I will add you to the list very soon. Also feel free to share your own moveset ideas! I will also add them in another list.

SUPPORTERS:

Now for the rating.
IT'S YA BOI XURKITREE!
Want: 100%

Incineroar basically ruined its chances of being playable. Considering the amount of Pokémon we have, theres a very slim chance of it happening. Incineroar is also representing the same generation Xurkitree was in. I was hoping for Incineroar's trailer to have a surprise entrance via Ultra Wormhole, but his trailer was fused with Ken's. We also don't have much Ultra Beast representation as a whole, the most being a Nihilego spirit. It's also an electric type, and while there's no rules to typing in Smash Bros, we already have two of them... being in the same evolutionary family, and one of which was made for a joke. Our fighters pass is also focusing on new franchises as well, so it's probably not gonna happen.

This is my most wanted character for the reasons I stated in my support thread. Its crazy fighting style and huge power would make it a very interesting and fun fighter. Also my favorite Pokémon.

Master Chief: 36.87%

Now for my noms!
Magikarp x100

Also, Merry Christmas to everyone, and I hope you all have a happy holiday!

Last edited:

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Xurkitree

Even if we were to get another Pokemon rep (which I don't see happening), Incineroar is our Gen VII rep which greatly hurts Xurkitree’s chances. No Gen aside from Gen I has ever gotten more than one rep and I highly doubt they'd make the exception here. Looking at just Gen VII alone, Xurkitree would have to compete with more popular picks such as Decidueye and Lycanroc not to mention other Ultra Beasts such as Buzzwole.

Doesn’t interest me at all and in terms of Gen VII reps I’d much prefer Decidueye. This is the type of Pokemon you’d expect to come out of a pokeball beast ball or act as a stage hazard.

Master Chief chance prediction: 11.37% ( TCT~Phantom TCT~Phantom I think you may have skipped over the Chrous Kids/Karate Joe double day)

Nominations:
Concept: SNK rep x10

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Chorus Kids and Karate Joe were switched with Xurkitree for Christmas.
I know that but I thought that since we're moving onto Master Chief then that meant we skipped over the Rhythm Heaven characters.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I’ll preface my rating by saying I literally never heard Xurkitree mentioned before or outside of my duties as the nominations guy.

But because it’s Christmas I will do research before giving out double zeroes. I have not played Sun, Moon, Ultra Sun or Ultra Moon, but I do not mind spoilers so correct me if I make any factual mistake.

Xurkitree is a Gen 7 Pokémon. It’s an Ultra Beast, which is something important storywise but different from Island Guardians (which are bosses, I think). Xurkitree is electric-type and looks like a tree. It is not particularly popular.

Now that’s all I need to know to give it those double zeroes.

There won’t be another Gen 7 character. The Sakurai of another time might have gone back to a previous Gen to get a character that’s particularly creative, iconic or popular, but nowadays Pokémon representation is pure tokenism and promotion. Which ****ing sucks. So that means we won’t get any other Pokémon from Gen 7 not only for DLC but forever, unless a Pokémon manages K. Rool levels of popularity.

But let’s assume Sakurai does decide that Incineroar is a terrible choice and wants to make up for it with another Gen 7 in DLC. Xurkitree still wouldn’t get picked. There are simply more popular picks. If Xurkitree got a hella important role in the game’s story or, more importantly, in the anime’s, then maybe, but from what I gather that’s not the case.

As for my Want score, no more Pokémon. Like Fire Emblem, I only think one should get in if they’re iconic and popular. RealPokeFan11 RealPokeFan11 sorry, but I don’t care about the moveset if I don’t care about the character.

So to recap: Chance 0% Want 0%

Nominations: Mach RiderX10

Day over

Today we for a Christmas tree. Or rather a Xurcitree. Rate the electric ultra beast.

Predict Master Chief. You know who he is.
Didn’t we skip the Rhythm Heaven guys?

DaUsername

Smash Ace
NNID
DaUsername
Switch FC
SW-1418-0536-1998
Tree
Chance: 0.1%

The only way I see us getting another Pokémon is if it's from Gen VIII, which this isn't. This thing's inclusion doesn't make sense anyway, since it hast gotten any special treatment elsewhere and it's not very popular.
We don't need any more Pokémon, we have enough. Even then, there's a lot more interesting choices than this one.

Chef prediction: 10% Edit: 1%
Noms: Stages outside Fighter Pass x10

Last edited:

3DSNinja

Smash Lord
Oh,.Xuritree
Chance: 0.01%: Gen 7 has incineroar. Plus if we get a ssexond Gen 7 rep it,s Lycnaroc.
Want:50%: His design is cool and he looks like he has potential. But I would prefer Decideuye.
Nominations:
Hollow Knight x5

Troykv

Smash Master
Merry Christmas Wire Tree

A weird choice for a playable character because it's promoted for Pokémon beyond it's original release, it's physics are weird, and isn't even a very popular Pokémon; but hey, the weird nature of Xurkitree's movement would actually make him a fun choice for Sakurai to consider, but it's a shame he lacks support in pretty much any other aspect.

I don't have a particular opinion about Xurkitree, it looks very random, but hey, it would be a fun choice; I'm open to whatever it can offer.

_____

Prediction:

Master Chief: 9.1%

Nominations:

Reimu Hakurei x5

Last edited:

Cabbagehead

#Ashley4Smashley
NNID
RadRedi
Xurkitree

Yeah...Pokemon is a completely different beast than the rest of the represented franchises. Other, older characters from other franchises have a chance of being revisited if there is enough demand/uniqueness there, but as far as Pokemon goes, if the Pokemon in question isn't the quintessential mascot for the most relevant generation at the time, then all hope for ever being revisited in the future flies out the window, as the next Smash installment will inevitably make room for the next quintessential mascot for the most relevant generation at the time.

For the base roster, an Ultra Beast seemed like a great pick for a Gen 7 rep, due to the unique backstory and abstract typings that they come with, but evidently, Sakurai thought that a Nihilego Spirit was all the representation that the UBs needed. Instead, Sakurai went with Incineroar, because Sakurai wanted a showboating red grappler Pokemon from Gen 7, and he completely forgot Buzzwole existed, apparently.

All of this leads me to abandon all hope for ol' Xurkitree. Sure, most of the UBs aren't represented in any way, shape, or form, so they seem like prime DLC candidates from in-house, but even if Nintendo decided an Ultra Beast would be great for DLC, Xurkitree's got some competition in his way. A kickboxing speedster cockroach lady, a samurai origami man, a bamboo rocket with smaller bamboo rockets for arms, the eldritch dragon version of Snorlax, an exploding lollipop clown, a flying poisonous imp...all of these are just as unique premeses as "lanky, long-range Electric-type".

Want: 60%
My UB of choice is Pheromosa. However, I like the concept of the Ultra Beasts, and I'd love to see what Sakurai's team could do with one as a playable fighter.

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Rhythm heaven got shuffled so I have more time on my birthday on the 27th.

Also because I wanted the double day to happen a little after Christmas so people can participate more.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Xurkitree

Sorry RealPokeFan11 RealPokeFan11 , but Xurkitree is generally uninteresting in my opinion. We already got our Gen 7 rep, and Xurkitree will not fare well with the mindset of Nintendo when it pertains to character selection, due to it being another first party pokemon. I read your moveset, but I can't get hyped for a character that I'm not interested in...

Chance: 0%

"Okay, it's an Ultra Beast. That's unique" No amount of convincing will get it past me that IT'S STILL ANOTHER POKEMON. Xurkitree is not prominent. I wouldn't have been able to name him if it wasn't always being nominated by PokeFan. Not a huge fan tbh, and I don't really see what Xurk would bring to the table...

Well so much for Christmas joy...

Nomination: Spyro x10

Last edited:

Nemuresu

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3325-3200-4137
Xurkitree:
Chance: 0%-Incineroar already exists. Summed up most of what can be said about it. What can't though? Still another gen 7 pokémon when we're more likely to get one from gen 8, which I already consider unlikely on its own (sure, not when we rated Melmetal, but Joker changed quite a lot of ideals regarding that).
Want: 0%-My go-to Ultra Beast is Pheromosa, and even I'm not too interested in that either. Xurkitree would be better off as some stage cameo doing its goofy walk animation.
Nominations: All-guests passx5

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Xurkitree
Chance:
2%
We have our rep for Gen 7 in the game. Now, that doesn't mean it's impossible to revisit a Pokemon generation but that just doesn't seem to be how TPC works. With Sakurai saying Incineroar was picked to represent both Alolan games I really think that's that.

However, I love that noodly boy! I have a big soft spot for tech-themed Pokemon - my favorite is Porygon, in fact - and Xurkitree just looks so silly and noodly and the whole long distance electric thing would be really fun. I could see moves like the Belmonts' whips, electrical properties, and a big thing he seems to have would be height which could be a unique thing as a tall but thin fighter. He's very unusual and unique with lots of potential, but I do think SuMo, even Ultra, has had its time and unless we get several more fighter waves we aren't getting more Pokemon.

Nomination: Ryota Hayami x100

THAT'S RIGHT I'M CASHING IN BABY Can I do that I hope I can do that

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Xurkitree
Chance:
2%
We have our rep for Gen 7 in the game. Now, that doesn't mean it's impossible to revisit a Pokemon generation but that just doesn't seem to be how TPC works. With Sakurai saying Incineroar was picked to represent both Alolan games I really think that's that.

However, I love that noodly boy! I have a big soft spot for tech-themed Pokemon - my favorite is Porygon, in fact - and Xurkitree just looks so silly and noodly and the whole long distance electric thing would be really fun. I could see moves like the Belmonts' whips, electrical properties, and a big thing he seems to have would be height which could be a unique thing as a tall but thin fighter. He's very unusual and unique with lots of potential, but I do think SuMo, even Ultra, has had its time and unless we get several more fighter waves we aren't getting more Pokemon.

Nomination: Ryota Hayami x100

THAT'S RIGHT I'M CASHING IN BABY Can I do that I hope I can do that
I think you can do that and I’m glad you’re doing that.

Top Bottom