• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances - Smash Ultimate Edition! Day 672: Five Most Likely First and Third Parties for Smash 6, and Final Goodbyes

Inue Houji

Purplish Wig
Why would Geno matter for Monster Hunter and Lloyd?
If anything, I'd say they're more likely now.

Last edited:

Mr. MR

Smash Apprentice
The boss when you unlock him as a playable character...

Sephiroth Reaction: Satisfied
WOW! WE GOT SONGS! Sephiroth's victory screen was sick and Spehiroth is balanced out differently than most characters. We are five days away from playing him ourselves and I can't wait! Also BOSS RUSH! and we have that limited time to fight him as a boss. Also, that stage looks pretty good for serious play.

Overall, this is an awesome pick for Smash and I'm satisfied with Sephiroth.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
hmm im gonna go with 90%. sephiroth has a neat moveset and ill certainly be getting the pack even if i dont end up playing him much. northen crater does look great, just hope i dont get distracted by the visuals. not a bad selection of music, got plenty of my favourites from ff7. those were the exact five costumes i would have guessed wed get, gonna get aerith but not the others, dont like geno, barret or tifa. chocobo hat is cool but im not buying it a second time. it was nice that sakurai gave us a brief insight into how complex copyright can be and he cant just do whatever he wants like a lot of people seem to think. although considering how little people have been listening so far i doubt thatll change. still its gonna be interesting to take on all those bosses, i dont like it when the classic mode doesnt have any bosses, not a problem here. funny how sephiroth is the first boss character he makes special note of despite all the other bosses on the roster. although its odd that he wanted to make marx creepier, did he forget what the tone of kirby is? all in all nice little presentation.

nominate qbby x10

BowserKing

Smash Lord
Sephiroth Satisfaction: 90%.

First of all, Sephiroth can fight All the Bosses now, so I’m glad Giga-Bowser and Marx gets more opponents now (in Classic Mode). Second of all, the stage is great, and the fact that we get 9 soundtracks, some of them remixes, is an apology for many Final Fantasy fans for lack of representation. Third, we get more Mii Costumes and fourth, Sephiroth can be fought early. Also Cloud (Advant Children) gets an altered Final Smash, so this gives us a chance of updating fighter’s a bit.

The only downside is that Geno is not getting in now. So much for my prediction of him being the final fighter in the second Fighter’s pass

Prediction: T.Rex runner (1%)

Noms: 5 for Echo: Bowser

Last edited:

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
Sephiroth Satisfaction

Rating: 90% -
While Sephiroth wouldn't be a character I would've personally chosen, I have to admit, I'm extremely happy and surprised with this presentation! By far my biggest complaint about Sephiroth being DLC was that he'd come with almost no content due to the precedent set by Cloud, but I'm glad I was wrong! 9 songs and 13+ spirits definitely makes for an ample challenger pack, which I am satisfied with! The Mii Costumes were great as well! Nice to see them give every party member representation, and the three of them were very nicely recreated. Both Smash 4 Square Enix costumes coming back also means that the last three slots are wildcards! Short and simple, glad I was wrong!

Nominations:
4x Strategy rep x5
Copncept: Miles Edgeworth as Phoenix Wright's alt/echo x5

Lyncario

Smash Ace
Sephiroth

Satisfaction: 100%

This showcase was purely amazing. The one negative bit that I have is that Zack isn't one of the miis, but it was still amazing. The miis were very cool, Tifa and Barret were kinda obvious for how fitting they were, and Aerith getting a mii is also very cool. I also find his moveset awesome, I can't wait to unlock him. Talking about it, this mode to face Sephiroth as if he was a boss was such a big shocker, and such a cool one too. Talking about bosses, he gets a boss rush as his classic mode, which I just love. And then, his victory screen is the fire of Nibelheim, which is just, amazing. And also, 9 music tracks is awesome, and from I saw, his spirit board also looks very cool. I am extremly excited to unlock him by defeating him, and he may even become my new main. Overall, he's probably my favorite dlc fighter in Ultimate now.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
Satisfaction: 95%
I loved everything!
  • The moveset
  • The added music (and the remixes)
  • I was spot on with the costumes we'd be getting (bar the low-poly versions of FF7 characters)
  • Sephiroth's Final Smash and how it can cause status effects
  • Sakurai caught himself talking about frame data in a kid's party game that he made
  • We got a boss rush mode in Sephiroth's Classic Mode
  • Cloud's new Final Smash
  • The story the Northen Cave stage told
  • Sephiroth Challenge
  • Sephiroth's victory screen
Only letdowns to me:
  • Geno wasn't a Deluxe Mii Costumes
  • Northern Cave's layout is, again, boneless Pokemon Stadium
    • Also, it's not called Northern Crater **** game 0/10 I want a refund
Noms:
Crazy Dave x5

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
Satisfaction for Sephiroth

100%

Yep, I love him. The character looks good and fun to play as, was made creatively, and we got a lot of extra content too. Boss rush classic mode rules. Way more new songs than just 2 rules. His victory screen is insane and so is his... uh.... jingle there? Can't think of what to call it. Also, we get a mode to unlock him? I know how I'm spending the rest of my night. Just noticed we didn't see the spirit board so I wonder if that's kinda not great but oh well.

Winners from today - Well, not sure there are any because there wasn't much that seemed to help anyone elses chances. Perhaps someone like Isaac or Waluigi who could fill a major fan request spot now that Geno is dead? IDK

Losers - Geno obviously. Gotta feel like he's done not only in pass 2 but teetering on done for pass 3 as well depending on when they should announce it if at all. Lloyd and Monster Hunter feel like they're in a lot of trouble here too with Geno and Chocobo coming back, and they'd be in even worse of a spot since since they'd come even closer to a potential announce date. For those 2 it seems like pass 2 or bust.

Predictions
TRex Runner - 1.32

Noms:
Far Cry rep x10

Last edited:

Nemuresu

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3325-3200-4137
Sephiroth Satisfaction: 95%
I'm really glad about this character, more than I can allow myself to admit. His moveset came of a far more interesting to work with, given how his "death from above" (or Hell's Gate if you prefer the real name) can just ruin any chance for recoveries, then Octaslash bringing Up-B's to one hell of a new level of coolness and let's not even talk about his Final Smash, if the game didn't have a "Friendship Ruiner" already, Seph's gonna make sure it has. I'm also very glad that the website datamine didn't have as much impact as some people might have expected, I would've facepalmed harder than a rock hitting steel if I had seen that Sephiroth would come yet so much scarce content, but alas, nine songs and a standard-sized spirit board came along to make sure he was worth it. The only real bad thing about his inclusion is that it pretty much confirmed the idea that all the then-absent FFVII content was held back to sell it with Sephiroth, or well more like Sephiroth was included to justify the inclusion of several music tracks that had to deal with some copyright issues.

Now, what does he mean for other characters? Well, for starters, I believe all missing Mii costumes are gonna stay the way they are, if Geno couldn't make the difference, I can't expect Lloyd or Monster Hunter to do so. Then there's other Square characters, they'd need a miracle to come to this game, Sora included since Sakurai would still have to talk with Nomura even if Disney owns him, and I can't imagine him doing double talks, but who knows? And finally, there's characters from already-represented third-parties, they do get the benefit in the sense that such hesitation to include them does not exist, but I don't personally expect someone like Eggman or Chun-Li to come, simply because they're competing with tons of other characters that may be more likely, perhaps in another Smash game that still includes Sonic and Street Fighter they'll have a better chance.

Nominations: Soma Cruz x5

Last edited:

Ridrool64

Smash Lord
Why would Geno matter for Monster Hunter and Lloyd?
If anything, I'd say they're more likely now.
The logic is, there's a definite trend that all the Smash 4 Mii Costumes have been returning, and we have no real reason to assume that will be broken. Lloyd can come with any JRPG character, and the Monster Hunter costumes could come with anyone. It's a bit like Ubisoft Mii's coming with Byleth and how it relates to Rayman's chances: for some, that was the end, they'd have come with him if he was in. For others, he's even likelier because his competition is gone but not him.

Anyway, Sephiroth Satisfaction Rating: 75%. This guy may have opened the door to Arle's biggest competition and make Lloyd a dead man walking, but man in every way except speculation was Sephiroth an excellent choice. He wasn't my first pick for a secondary FF rep, that's Rydia, but I really love just how much more Sephiroth really was. Without him, and without the stuff he comes with, this game's representation, and thus its series representation, felt like a joke. Sephiroth changed that, boy howdy. Fantastic stage, the character feels great if a bit overwhelming, and the music here is great. But the Sephiroth challenge is where things really hit their groove.

I was hoping for Tifa and Barret Mii Costumes, and Aerith was also great to see. Chocobo's return was neat, too. Geno has perished, long live Geno, though personally I stopped wanting him as much. The Spirit Board is what Final Fantasy has NEEDED for two years now. And of course, the boss rush Classic Mode. I thought it would come with somebody like Cuphead, but then he got Mii'd and I sat on the idea for ages. Good to see Sephiroth take up the mantle.

All that being said. I docked 10 points because of no Birth of a God. That was something I was really hoping for.

Arle x 5.

Last edited:

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Sephiroth Satisfaction

90%
  • Sephiroth looks soooo fun to use. I really like his neutral special and side specials in particular. Easily the best character in Fighters Pass 2 so far and one of the best DLC characters overall.
  • 9 songs is great (I was honestly expecting much less). One Winged Angel alone definitely makes Sephiroth a great choice in regards to music.
  • The Final Fantasy Mii Costumes look cool. Sort of wish other Square Enix series got their chance at a costume but I like how the ones we got turned out.
  • That victory animation... I don't think anything will be able to top that.
  • Sephiroth boss battle with an early unlock! Really amazing and I hope this becomes a common thing in the future.
Of course there is also the elephant in the room that has to be addressed... Geno. I'm not sure if him getting his SSB4 costume ported instead of a Bomberman-like upgrade means Sakurai doesn't care about him anymore, but either way today was a dark day for Geno fans...

...And granted while I'm not a Geno fan (never cared for him and probably never will), a deluxe upgrade just made so much sense for him. Why they didn't do it is beyond me, but regardless one of the biggest names in Smash speculation is now out. I can only wonder who is next on the Mii Costume chopping block (Lloyd and Monster Hunter's necks aren't looking too good right now).

-----

If we are still predicting T-Rex Runner then I'll go with 1.00%

Nominations:
Concept: Curly as Quote's alt/echo x5
Concept: A 3rd party company gets more than one fighter in the same pass x5

D

Deleted member

God.

85%

-You can tell Japan's handling of COVID has been pretty neat now that Sakurai can host a presentation in front of a live studio audience.
-They started with the Mii Costumes lineup as if they wanted to get Geno out of the way lmao oof
-On that note, Tifa getting a Mii Outfit is already bound for some really cursed mashups
-A lightweight with slow and heavy attacks? That's pretty interesting.
-Sakurai being self aware about the comp scene's obsession with frame data was goofy but man with #FreeMelee and all this is certainly quite the time for it
-Sephiroth has the best Final Smash in Ultimate hands down. Supernova just looks epic.
-That stage is super lore heavy holy ****.
-looks like we actually did get a Boss Rush in Ultimate afterall!
-9 tracks with 4 of them being remixes? Neat.
-Sakurai elaborating on music licensing for FF7 was quite something. The fact that there's multiple ownerships over FF7 music would've been a collective nightmare for negotiations if they were just developing the base game.
-Sephiroth Challenge is ****ing cool and it's a damn shame the last 3 characters won't get something like that.
-What a sick victory screen.

Overall, Seph looks cool, but he seems too slow for my liking. I probably won't main him, but he's certainly a great pick for DLC. The only downside to him being in Smash now is how could it affect the characters I want in Smash that have a similar color scheme to him or have a similar reach as him. Maybe I'm overthinking it since he's supposed to be built as if you're playing a boss, but the doubt isn't going to go away until I get who I want or when DLC is over.

On another note, Geno's only recognition for Ultimate post launch is a Mii Costume returning. No rework; no additional track; no segment with Sakurai talking about Geno a bit; just the Mii Costume coming back with a different shade. It should've been expected, but it sure does sound incredibly gutwrenching to the Genomaniacs out there. I wonder what becomes of the Geno thread now.

Noms:
A Challenger Pack with 2 Fighters x10

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Sephiroth satisfaction: 80%

His playstyle is fun although it’s a little too slow for me so I likely won’t play him much.

Stage is really cool, and I love the new music selections. I really would have liked some from games other than 7, so that puts the satisfaction down a little bit. I was also slightly disappointed when I realized I can’t play the Spirit board immediately, but that really is no big deal at all.

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Sephiroth

100% Satisfaction

So I already got Sephiroth into Elite Smash, and have been messing around with the character for an hour and a half. So, did Seph live up to the hype? \

No, he's even better.

Let me start by saying RIP to Geno. I was never the biggest fan of the puppet, but I feel bad for his fans. Other than Geno though we got what I wanted and more for Mii costumes. Getting Barret, Tifa, and Aerith as Miis honestly is so great to me. I love FF7 and seeing more of its iconic cast shown off makes me so happy.

Seph, while not exactly the most unique of the Smash Ultimate DLC choices, is certainly one I liked in no small part due to how fun he is to use. He has the perfect amount of power and finesse to his moveset. It honestly feels great playing as the big man himself in smash. He has a low learning curve, but at the same time there is a lot under the hood. I expect great things from him. His victory animations also are amazing, easily Joker tier.

Northern Cave is beautiful. It might be my favorite DLC stage. It is a ton of fun to mess around on and is such a loving tribute to FF7's final hours.

The music selection blew my mind. I braced myself for two versions of OWA, but we got so much quality music. This is what Cloud should have been in all honesty music wise, but getting it now is better than never.

What really sold me was the Sephiroth Challenge. I loved that I got to unlock him early by beating him. Truly such a great little event.

Overall, a fun character I really wanted that came with a lot of great content, what can I say?

In other news, here is the current fixed schedule that is going to be done. This was done with plenty of user suggestions, and I hope that y'all will enjoy it.

Eggman and Chun Li
Alucard, Raiden, and Zero
Quote and Reimu
Hayabusa and Adol
KOS MOS and Sakura
Dante, Phoenix, and Monster Hunter
Bandana Dee and Dixie Kong
Rex and Gen 8 Pokemon (and Wooper)
Lloyd, Arle, and Rayman
Crash and Tracer
Sora and Professor Layton
Waluigi and Isaac
Master Chief and Kratos
Concept: Second SNK Character and Concept: Stages without fighters as DLC
Concept: Third Fighters Pass
Pass Predictions Post Sephiroth

This will start up after current fixed schedule. Much like with most double days after the rework there are a lot of noms on the line, so you have plenty of time to boost up some characters you care about that ain't on here. I know last time the days went a bit on the long side, so we are going to try to enforce strict 48~ hour days to make sure things go by faster. We will likely be done with this in early January, given we already have a fixed schedule to get through.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Edge satisfaction
(No really, Edge is his codename in the files)

100%
The idea of Sephiroth as a fighter is a 10/10, but ideas can always be screwed over by execution. Thankfully they knocked it out of the park this time around, making what's a contender for my favorite character pack (and the other one is Banjo-Kazooie so that's high praise).

Sephiroth himself looks fun to play. He's complex without being gimmicky, you could play him and have fun without having to learn any specific playstyle, which is what I like in characters. His specials all look pretty unique, flashy, and fun to use. And the Aerith stab is an aerial lol. Supernova looks rad, as it should. His victory screen is a lovely touch.

Northern Cave looks stunning, and while it was weird to hear Sakurai summarize the ending of a game and have it play out in the background of fights, I'll take it. Ending locales are always awesome and we don't get enough of them (it's, what, Fountain of Dreams, New Pork City, Wily Castle and this?) And the music! We got Bombing Mission y'all! Final Fantasy finally redeems itself, and while a part of me hoped that they used the opportunity to fill in the gaps with music from the other games, FF7 has some iconic tunes and it's great to see them here. It's also fantastic to see the FF7 party as Spirits. I don't even play the Spirit boards but just seeing them there makes it finally feel like Final Fantasy VII joined Smash after all these years.

We're also getting a Boss Rush mode... but only playable as Sephiroth? What? I will say though, Sephiroth's Challenge is the coolest thing ever and they should totally do this with every character. Makes it more of an event. I'll go buy Sephiroth right now so that I can play this, first with Cloud, then with every other character.

The Mii Costumes were a pleasant surprise. Well, except for the obvious one. I've made no secret that Geno is a character I fully support so it sucks that he gets no fanfare. I accepted that he was going to miss out on fighterhood the moment Sephiroth was revealed, but for him to just return with no fanfare, no upgrade, no Beware the Forest's Mushrooms... it kinda sucks. I know, I know, it's an honor and a testament to his popularity that they brought him back at all given his obscurity and ownership status, but it's such a wasted opportunity. Makes me appreciate how at least they gave Isaac some new moves.

However, I judge the pack on what it is, not what it isn't or what it could have been. And what it is, is ****ing awesome.

Noms: Marina x10
T-Rex Runner prediction: 0.1%
Since we're gonna have a lot of double days from now on I better get to finishing that Hitman thread so that I can use those double noms.

Ridrool64

Smash Lord
I will change my nominations to Among Us rep. I don't think this has any chance of (nor business) happening in this game, but it will be interesting to see what may happen if Among Us can keep its popularity. And as Arle is on the schedule, all of her nominations are likely null and void, no point in rating the same character twice in that short of a time frame.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Satisfaction: 90%

Well, I'm definetly getting this when I get the chance. Sephiroth looks like a fun character with varied moves. I really like how there's this "playable boss" feel they're giving him. Plus, with this pack, Ultimate now has over 1000 songs in the game! I will, however, give my sincere condolensces to the Geno fans. If Sephy's announcement wasn't enough of a deconfirm, then the Mii costume coming back with no fanfare whatsoever DEFINETLY put him in the ground. Even so, I'm curious to see how all this affects speculation as a whole, assuming it does, of course.

Nominations: [Rerate] Monokuma x10

Blankiturayman

Smash Journeyman
Sephiroth satisfaction: 90%
Just came back from playing around with him. I didn't find it all that hard to beat him, despite that being mentioned in the presentation, but hey it was still a very nice little thing they did. I like it, and I think it'd be nice if they could do it for other characters but I understand if this'd be just for Sephiroth.

Presentation was nice! For starters the obvious: Sephiroth finally brings more FF music, upping it to a whopping 11 from just 2 previously. Even though I'd have liked some other songs to be selected I can't really complain, it's pretty good and I wasn't expecting them to bring the AC music into the game as well. I thought it'd be some sort of deal like DQ where the actual music in-game is mostly midi. But no, there's AC tracks AND remixes! Pretty cool.

Sephiroth's stage is neat, it seems while more simple on the side of layouts, the background and backdrops are all pretty awesome. As for Sephiroth himself, he's awesome: the flare move just looks and feels really cool, even if might be a little hard to land, same with Shadow Flare, the funny thing about that move is it reminded me of Mega Man's Crash Bomb, except now it has no drawbacks. Overall, I'd say the moveset is worthy of Sephiroth, and I might even pick him up because I liked it a ton. Overall a great character and pack. Pretty nice to see them do costumes for Barrett, Tifa, and Aerith as well, I wasn't expecting the three (maybe Tifa and Barrett at most).

Well speaking of those, this is unrelated to Sephiroth per se (as this message is just about him) but I still felt bad about the Geno costume. I've pretty much mentioned it in here that I was hoping for him, and while Sephiroth himself being announced did tell me that it spelt bad for him already, the "uncertainty" was there, but now it's sure. Just a shame it was mostly brought back from 4 as is but oh well. I'll take it over nothing, it could've been worse, it's nice he still makes appareances.

That said, yeah, overall Sephiroth is really cool, and I really like this little event they did for him. Really hoping they can do it for more characters.

Nominations today go to: Worms x5 and Marina Liteyars x5 (Pretty nice she's there!)

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Satisfaction rating for the most badass one winged angel

95%

This presentation blew me away. It knocked my socks off then blew me away along with my socks.
  • Seph's moveset is just straight up awesome. Powerful and has some some unique moves, yet not overly gimmicky. I especially like his standard and side special. I will definitely use those a lot in 4+ player battles. I just can't get over how his final smash OBLITERATES THE ENTIRE PLANET. That is sick.
  • 9 SONGS! That is way more than I was expecting. I was expecting maybe 5 songs at most. Not only that, but they chose all the best songs, and gave some of them remixes. I got to hear all of them earlier and they are phenomenal. The remixes are great, especially Bombing Mission. Also, we are now over 1,000 songs which is fan-f*****-tastic. What an accomplishment.
  • The stage looks really cool and the part where Sakurai was explaining the final battle of FF7 was unexpected, but a welcomed surprise.
  • His victory screen......what can I say? It's the best one in the game. Hands down. Joker's is really good, but this one is on a whole nother level of awesome.
  • I'm very happy with the Mii costumes and spirit board. We finally got the cast represented! I remember a couple weeks ago before Seph was revealed I was looking at Midgar and was like "I almost forgot FF was in this game at all." But now I won't feel that way ever again. FF was the one third party series that desperately needed more content and I'm very grateful for what we just received.
  • The Seph challenge was a very, very pleasant surprise. I was cool with him releasing next week, but then Sakurai dropped the bomb that we could beat him to unlock him early and I got super hyped. This was the first thing I did when I downloaded the update. I managed to beat him on my second try by gimping him (on Very Hard btw). I really hope they do this for future characters as it's the best thing when you see the release date then you find out you can play the character NOW if you prove yourself (or just cheese the game). As for Seph's classic route, I think it's cool. I don't care about a potential boss rush mode so I'm fine with it just being a thing for Seph's classic mode.
Now as for why I cut 5 points? Two things. First, I do wish there was something like a Mii costume or spirits to represent characters that are specific to other FF games aside from 7, for the sake of variety. And Geno. I did give up hope for him when I saw Sephiroth, but man the fact that his costume just got ported over with no major improvements or a song is just a slap in the face. As a Geno supporter, it did kind of hurt and I feel so bad for Geno fans right now. This just makes me think he might never happen which sucks. This just shows that Nintendo and Square don't give a **** about Geno.

But overall, this was an incredible presentation and soon after I write this, I'm going straight back into Smash to play Seph and listen to FF music into the late night.

Prediction: T Rex Runner - 0.50%

Noms: Among Us character x10

Last edited:

warpenguin55

Smash Journeyman
Sephiroth Satisfaction: 98%

Everything I don't like:
1. No FF7 Remake Tracks. I really wanted that Let the Battles Begin remix man :(
2. No English voices
3. I still feel a tiny bit annoyed this wasn't the LoL rep. Sephiroth is the better choice without a doubt.

What I like:
1. Sephiroth is fun. A little bit awkward, but thats to be expected when you've only played about 5-6 fights with him.
2. WE GOT MORE THAN 2 TRACKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
3. The stage is pretty good looking
4. The victory screens are sexy af
5. Boss Rush classic mode
6. The FF7 Mii Costumes. Gonna buy those tomorrow.
7. Everything else not mentioned above

Theory time: 2 of the last 3 characters will be from SNK and Sega. In FP1, we got Sega/SE/Microsoft/SNK/Nintendo. So far we got Nintendo, Microsoft, and SE in FP2. Seems a little too coincidental to me...

Noms: LoL Rep x5

jamesster445

Smash Lord
Challenger Pack 8 initial reactions

• The stage is good. Its surprisingly subdued and I appreciate that.
  • The music is great. I feel like we got every major FF7 theme. They could've put more but at this point the fact that we got a total of 11 tracks between originals and NEW remixes is satisfying.
  • The character is is good. Sephiroth reminds me a lot of Ganon. Slow but powerful characters that capitalize (and gets capitalized) by mistakes, Invoking fear into their opponents. He is truly a playable boss. And they really go into that angle with his classic mode being a boss rush and the fact that you can unlock him early by playing against a boss fight against him.

I'm am satisfied as one can be. With this inclusion
100%

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
[Rerate] Monokuma x185
Qbby x175
[Rerate] Neku x164
[Rerate] Concept: League of Legends rep x157
Crazy Dave x155
John Marston x150
Worms x150

150 - 101

Concept: Characters that don't have games on Nintendo platforms x145
Mii Costume: Monika x135
Beat (Jet Set Radio) x130
Concept: A 4X strategy rep x120
D.Va x115
[Rerate] Velvet Crowe x115
Boss: Ender Dragon x113
Mii Costume: 2B x110

100 - 51

Stage: Bowser's Castle x96
Riptor x95
Mii Costume: Alex Kidd x93
Boss: Rayquaza x90
Concept: Among Us character x90
Fulgore x84
Concept: Darksiders rep x80
Sackboy x80
Concept: More ATs as one new item x75
Dwight Fairfield (Dead by Daylight) x75
Concept: Rocket League rep x75
Giygas x71
Marina Liteyears x60
Echo (Olimar) x56
Concept: SNES-era Final Fantasy rep x55
Gooigi x55
Vi (Bug Fables) x55
Echo: Zeraora (Lucario) x55
[Rerate] Jin Kazama x55
Magolor x55
Jin Sakai x55
Ghirahim x55
Echo (Bowser) x55
Junpei (Zero Escape) x54

50 - 25

Tetra x45
[Rerate] Concept: New Zelda character x40
Peppino (Pizza Tower) x37
Concept: A Challenger Pack with 2 Fighters x35
Concept: Miles Edgeworth as Phoenix Wright's Alt/Echo x30
Concept: Far Cry rep x30
Ryza (Atelier) x25

Under 25

Regigigas x20
Concept: Curly as Quote's alt/Echo x20
Filia (Skullgirls) x18
Yarn Yoshi x15
Billy & Jimmy Lee x15
[Rerate] Shovel Knight x15
Henry Stickmin x15
Tetris x10
Slash Kamei (Snowboard Kids) x10
Estelle Bright x10
Mii Costume: Zagreus x10
Mii Costume: Madeline x10
Concept: Rocket League content x5
[Rerate] Thrall x5
Stage: Tetris x5
[Rerate] Agumon x5
[Rerate] Lara Croft x5
Stage: Tetris 99 x5
[Rerate] Concept: Any new Xenoblade character x5
Concept: Raizing shmup rep x5
Donbe and Hikari x5
Concept: A 3rd party company gets more than one fighter in the same pass x5
Firebrand x1

Arle Nadja, who was leading the noms list, got added to the fixed schedule, leaving Monokuma as the undisputed king of despair! Concept: League of Legends rep moved in, passing Crazy Dave, Worms and John Marston and taking 4th place. Dave won his tie against Worms and John and advanced to fifth.

Mii Costume: 2B launches past 100 noms. Uh, see you soon?

Marina Liteyears shakes past 50 noms.

Concept: Far Cry rep breaks out of the under 25 zone.

Ridrool64 Ridrool64 On Don-chan's day you nominated Arle, so I figured I'd give you the chance to give your noms to someone else. Who/what would you like to change them to?

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Oh yeah confirmed/disconfirmed

I'll keep this brief because we didn't learn that much more today than we knew or guessed a week ago but here goes

Confirmed

Concept: Boss Rush
35.71% c - 78.13% w
This one was even due to be rerated after T-Rex Runner's day. Who the truck expected this to be confirmed today, let alone executed this way?

Disconfirmed

Geno
I won't list all of his ratings again but yeah, as many predicted, it's the end of the road for the puppet

Moogle
It's confirmed as a Spirit in Sephiroth's Spirit Board (ironically the only one in that Board that we've rated)

Soft disconfirmed

Aside from every Square Enix character and concept ever, which I listed last week, we also have

Mii Costume: 2B
x110 noms
Because if we aren't getting more Square Enix fighters, and Square Enix costumes only come with their fighters, then 2B had her only shot today

And apparently I forgot to list

Black Mage
9.77% c - 44.36% w

Gex (who I always forget is owned by Square Enix)
3.91% c - 42.50% w

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
VENI VENI VENIAS NE ME MORI FACIAS

First of all, let's start out with the negatives. I don't have the DLC and have to wait for tomorrow when a friend sends me the code for the fighter pass as a birthday present.

NOW LET'S GET TO THAT GOOD ****! Holy goddamn mother****ing **** Sephiroth doesn't have a single move that doesn't look satisfying to land, Shadow Flare's such a ****ing cool move, the Miis were the obvious ones but goddamn did they still look really cool! The Nothern Crater looks super nice and I'd lie if I said I wasn't a little emotional about how they got everything perfect with the Lifestream saving the planet and all. The songs? Dear lord, the music feels like an apology for the infamously criminal song list. Sure, Birth of a God is still absent but I can take it when everything else is this good even with remixes. Eat **** 'Stingy Square' conspiracy theorists. The classic mode was mostly nice, though the real kicker for me is using Blade Dash to slide between Ganon's legs, as I felt it was wrong you couldn't dodge through them like in OoT. The bonus fight is also ****ing godlike and makes me anxious to try fighting him if my friend doesn't procrastinate lmao. And then there's the victory screens. Literal perfection. It eould be ****ing heresy to say that this is anything less than a 100% satisfaction rating from me. I still haven't gotten a character I outright wanted for the DLC but if we get more characters like this and Terry for the other 3 fighters left, the DLC would absolutely be worth it.

Velvet Crowe x10

Aerospherology

Smash Lord
80%
I've never played FF7, I think that'll be soon.
He's really fun.
4 great remixes and other tracks
Points knocked off for killing Geno

Tetrin

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7468-3675-9681
85% satisfaction bc he's a fun character and I love his stage but -5% bc I would've liked a bit more music and -10% bc Geno deconfirmation hurts.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
VENI VENI VENIAS NE ME MORI FACIAS

First of all, let's start out with the negatives. I don't have the DLC and have to wait for tomorrow when a friend sends me the code for the fighter pass as a birthday present.

NOW LET'S GET TO THAT GOOD *! Holy goddamn mother****ing * Sephiroth doesn't have a single move that doesn't look satisfying to land, Shadow Flare's such a *ing cool move, the Miis were the obvious ones but goddamn did they still look really cool! The Nothern Crater looks super nice and I'd lie if I said I wasn't a little emotional about how they got everything perfect with the Lifestream saving the planet and all. The songs? Dear lord, the music feels like an apology for the infamously criminal song list. Sure, Birth of a God is still absent but I can take it when everything else is this good even with remixes. Eat * 'Stingy Square' conspiracy theorists. The classic mode was mostly nice, though the real kicker for me is using Blade Dash to slide between Ganon's legs, as I felt it was wrong you couldn't dodge through them like in OoT. The bonus fight is also ****ing godlike and makes me anxious to try fighting him if my friend doesn't procrastinate lmao. And then there's the victory screens. Literal perfection. It eould be ****ing heresy to say that this is anything less than a 100% satisfaction rating from me. I still haven't gotten a character I outright wanted for the DLC but if we get more characters like this and Terry for the other 3 fighters left, the DLC would absolutely be worth it.

Velvet Crowe x10
Oh yeah, happy birthday!

ahemtoday

Smash Ace
Satisfaction: 99%

Honestly, this is everything I would want out of a Sephiroth presentation. He's really fun to use. He comes with a fair number of music tracks (some of which are even remixes). His stage is cool and potentially competitively legal. The Sephiroth Challenge is rad and I would like to see it done with every fighter going forward. The My Music change is really good, though I didn't care much about it. We're finally getting Spirits. We got a good number of Mii costumes including Geno. Yeah, I think this was a really, really good choice.

The only complaints I have are relatively minor nitpicks, like Sephiroth's Classic Mode making a boss-fight mode less likely, and his Winged Form feeling - in my opinion - sort of "bolted onto the side" of the rest of his kit. Overall, though? This one was great.

Junpei x9
Filia x1

RouffWestie

Smash Lord

Lionfranky

Smash Lord
Sephiroth 90%

I'm not much into FF, but the presentation was superb. Sakurai managed to make Sephiroth unique and distinct enough from other sword characters while avoiding too much complexity. I like how which parts of the sword do most damage. He also brings unique way of edgeguard. His special is fun and intuitive. I love how each and every moveset feels essential. And I'm glad that Sephiroth brought lots of FF contents. My prediction on Mii costume was mostly spot on. Geno fans have my condolence. Not even delux... I guess reality is different from internet... Nintendo considers Geno fans as vocal minority. Still, all FF casts were given right Mii roles. Barret as Mii gunner and Tifa as brawler were no brainer. Anyway, as for the stage, it's cinematic like Byleth's stage. But it has additional storytelling which is pretty nice touch.

Nom: Characters that don't have their games on Nintendo platform x 10

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
In other news, here is the current fixed schedule that is going to be done. This was done with plenty of user suggestions, and I hope that y'all will enjoy it.

Eggman and Chun Li
Alucard, Raiden, and Zero
Quote and Reimu
Hayabusa and Adol
KOS MOS and Sakura
Dante, Phoenix, and Monster Hunter
Bandana Dee and Dixie Kong
Rex and Gen 8 Pokemon (and Wooper)
Lloyd, Arle, and Rayman
Crash and Tracer
Sora and Professor Layton
Waluigi and Isaac
Master Chief and Kratos
Concept: Second SNK Character and Concept: Stages without fighters as DLC
Concept: Third Fighters Pass
Pass Predictions Post Sephiroth

This will start up after current fixed schedule. Much like with most double days after the rework there are a lot of noms on the line, so you have plenty of time to boost up some characters you care about that ain't on here. I know last time the days went a bit on the long side, so we are going to try to enforce strict 48~ hour days to make sure things go by faster. We will likely be done with this in early January, given we already have a fixed schedule to get through.
so we're doing this instead of the current top noms?

Top Bottom