• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances - Smash Ultimate Edition! Day 672: Five Most Likely First and Third Parties for Smash 6, and Final Goodbyes

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Moogle

Chance - 0%. Even if there was a Final Fantasy character guaranteed for this pass, I'd still give them a zero. There are so many more deserving Final Fantasy characters, such as Terra, Sephiroth, and Noctis. It's not even the best option for a generic Final Fantasy creature, as both the Chocobo and Cactaur are much more important. And that's humoring the possibility of another FF character, once you expand the scope of things it becomes utterly unimportant.

Want - Abstain. I don't care about Final Fantasy.

Noms: Maxwell x5

amageish

Smash Master
For curiosity's sake: Is there an up-to-date list of the best/worst ranked characters? I kind of want to know if Moogle is actually going to be lower-rated then Baldi...

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
For curiosity's sake: Is there an up-to-date list of the best/worst ranked characters? I kind of want to know if Moogle is actually going to be lower-rated then Baldi...
I doubt he'll dethrone Baldi. To the best of my knowledge, he got double zeroes from everyone (with one outlier)

edit: I am blind, i didn't see the mention of baldi

Last edited:

Phoenix Douchebag

Smash Lord
Remember this weird-ass commercial?

KUPO!

Chance: 1%

BLAH BLAH BLAH STINGY SQUARE BLAH BLAH MASCOT BLAH BLAH-okay im gonna be serious here.

Moogles are undeniably a very prominent species in the Final Fantasy Series, beign introduced in Final Fantasy 3 (not the SNES game which is actually 6, though they made their international debut there) and while they were absent in 4, almost every installment of the franchise features them in some capacity. 6 notably has the first ever playable Moogle party member, Mog, and is one of the most memorable characters of the party despite beign completely optional, thanks to Squaresoft America pushing him as a major selling point to the game, as if he was a mascot. I don't know how much 6 affected the reputation of the Moogles, but games after seemed to only push them further, even when they were not playable.

Almost all Square related media features them. They appear in Kingdom Hearts as shopkeppers, even in Dream Drop Distance which is devoid of any other FF character. There's also Dissidia, Record Keeper, world of Final Fantasy, and so on and so forth. They even crossed over with Mario on some sport games alongside the Black Mage and White Mage.

So why is the score so low if the Moogles are so prominent and generic species are on the table with the likes of Piranha Plant? Simply put, i don't think NIntendo or Square are interesed in using these types of characters for Smash, they may not see it fit. Yes, Moggles appear everywhere, but they tend to be cute background characters or NPC, not major playable characters or heroes in the series outside of some exceptions like the afromentoined Mog. You may notice how i never brought up Chocobo or the Black Mage here, and one could argue either of those 2 have as much merit as Moogle, with Chocobo even getting a Mii Costume in Smash 4 (alongside.......him) and the Black Mage easily could be based on the FF1 Black Mage, but Final Fantasy has such a large cast of memorable and iconic characters, that if im honest i think Square AND Nintendo AND Sakurai would rather use them over the likes of these 3, even if they lack the "Mascot Appeal" these afromentioned 3 have.

It's clear to me now, that when it comes to having a playable character from a franchise with rotating protagonists, they never seem to go with the Mascot Creature (Pokémon is an exception to this, because the creatures ARE the ones who you plays as and the real focus) but instead the actual protagonists. Either the most iconic, the most recent or the most popular.

-For Final Fantasy, they went with Cloud, and when Sakurai mentioned other possibilities, he never even mentioned the likes Moogle, instead focusing on Terra or Bartz.
-Sakurai DID considered the Slime, but the way he talks about him it's clear Slime was only a last ressort, as his actual interest relied on the Heroes, the ones who are the main stars of the DQ series.

TL;DR Moogle is iconic, but when it comes to FF i see them going for specific protagonists over generic species. Not to mention even in the FF series tend to vary heavily so their roles are inconsistent.

Want: 0%

No thanks. Even though i love Mog and FF6 to bits, i can't say im excited for him. It's either Terra or no one for a FF character.

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Baldi was under 1 percent so I doubt it
If we count the old thread in Smash 4, I am reasonably sure Lucas from The Wizard got a flat 0.00 overall statistically. Granted, when you are from a Nintendo movie and your actor is a sex offender it is a bit of a hurdle.

For this game, I am reasonably sure Baldi might be at the bottom.

amageish

Smash Master
I doubt he'll dethrone Baldi. To the best of my knowledge, he got double zeroes from everyone (with one outlier)

edit: I am blind, i didn't see the mention of baldi
Ahhhh, okay... I for some reason thought he had a couple people to push him above 1%... Well, I'm glad the world still makes some sense.

If we count the old thread in Smash 4, I am reasonably sure Lucas from The Wizard got a flat 0.00 overall statistically. Granted, when you are from a Nintendo movie and your actor is a sex offender it is a bit of a hurdle.
That, uh. Wow. Yeah. That is a flat 0%-worthy choice.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero

Dang, seriously? Granted, I never heard of that movie until reading this comment, but clearly SOMEONE was a big-enough fan to nominate it. Should've done Captain N, though. We can't do him now because his thread got locked down a LONG time ago...

warpenguin55

Smash Journeyman
Moogle
Chance: 0%
Normally I'd give the mascot a better chance. But for moogle, I think a 0 fits. Final Fantasy has no shortage of iconic characters to choose from, so there's really no need to pick moogle

Want: 2%
I like Moogles, but I don't really need one in Smash. A Mario hoops appearance is good enough for me

Noms: Alex Mason x5

Jomosensual

Smash Champion

Well damn, that's .... uh.... something. Now that I think about it I think Brash the Bear also got a perfect 0 in the base game for chance. No idea what the want was though

Last edited:

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
Dang, seriously? Granted, I never heard of that movie until reading this comment, but clearly SOMEONE was a big-enough fan to nominate it. Should've done Captain N, though. We can't do him now because his thread got locked down a LONG time ago...
I looked it up and...believe it or not, it’s Tobey McGuire’s film debut.

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom

It at least was a fun day. My non zero want stopped him from getting double zeros.

...and Captain N was done already before that lol. I considered doing Captain N for an April Fool's day, but it never made it to the RTC team because I thought it was not funny enough.

Last edited:

Mr. MR

Smash Apprentice
Moogle

Ok, I'm going to be blunt on this one. The competition within Final Fantasy is already so steep that I don't think Moogle has a chance from here. Considering the rest of Square Enix, I doubt Final Fantasy will get another non-echo rep (And I don't think it will get an echo anyway) making his chances even lower. Now when we consider other third party companies, his chances fall lower than that. I can see this guy getting some rep like a Mii Costume but as a playable character I don't think he has a chance.

Want: Abstain
Still haven't played Final Fantasy. But I would still want other Square Enix characters like from Bravely Default.

Noms: Impa x10
Predict: 3.15%

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I doubt it, but if it ranks among the bottom five for either score I'll let everyone know.

As someone whose characters usually score pretty low in chance, though, let me tell you: it's not easy to rank low there when there's characters like Unsafe Wiimote Man and Brash the Bear.

BlueEyedGrimmbat

Smash Apprentice
KUPO (Moogle):
Chance: 0.1%

Looks like I severely overrated this guy.
Moogle's overshadowed heavily not just within his franchise, but in the company as a whole. Who else could we get as a FF rep? I'd say the other main protagonists: Tidus, Zidane, Lightning, Noctis, hell maybe even the protagonist of the upcoming FFXVI. They could even throw in a generic Black Mage for all I care.
Point is, if Nintendo and Sakurai could pick someone from Final Fantasy to rep the franchise again, it will almost certainly NOT be Moogle.
And that's assuming they're going to double dip. The Fighters' Passes have already had a fair amount of JRPG reps, and I doubt we'll get any more.

Which is good.
I don't hate Final Fantasy, I need to point that out. It's just that Moogle representing Final Fantasy as a playable character irks me. I'd be fine if he was a Spirit or something like that, but playable? I'd much rather take a main protagonist, or none.

Noms: Amiya x10

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
The world is ending, help me with my mail kupo.

Chance: 0% Yeah no way in hell are we getting a random mook over any other FF character. Mario got a mook but only when it already got all the essential characters and a few extras. In FF alone there's Cecil, Bartz, Terra, Sephiroth, Leon, Zidane, Tidus, Vaan, Lightning, Noctis and many, MANY more characters FF has that would be deemed essential over a generic Moogle. Even if it was Mog, all this competition is nothing to sneeze at, especially when you look at every other franchise Square has and the characters they offer.

Want: 0% Final Fantasy is huge and universally beloved, I love the ones I've played but I can't fake enthusiasm for a generic Moogle when we could have so many other fantastic characters who all have something they'd bring with them from their fantastic games, if we MUST have a generic mook for a second FF character for some bizarre reason, I'd object to Moogle too in favour of a Chocobo or Black Mage so I can pretend it's Vivi. If this was Mog from 6 then maybe my score would change but I really cannot vibe with a generic mook when I can think of 10+ characters I'd rather see first from the same franchise.

Miriam x10

CheeseAnton

Smash Ace
Moogle:
No. There is no way Moogle could happen, I don't see him even becoming an AT. Sure, some could say he's one of the mascots of Final Fantasy, but we still got Joker over Morgana, Ness and Lucas over Mr. Saturn, there are probably other examples I don't care enough to think about.

Would rather have Noctis (teleporting around like a mad man sounds fun), Dark Mage (cause Smash Flash 2) or Chocobo (because I am intrigued into what they'd do), if we had to get another FF character.

Noms: Dwight Fairfield x5

Last edited:

Calamitas

Smash Champion
The Most-Used Search Engine in the World(s) of Final Fantasy, Moogle

Well, what else can I really say that other people haven't said already? A generic Moogle has no chance as a Final Fantasy newcomer, since there's so many protagonists (and other major characters) that they stand in competition with. We have already had some insight in Sakurai's thought process/process of elimination for Final Fantasy when he talked about why Cloud was chosen, and the examples of other characters that he brought up did not include a Moogle. And of course, there's still the issue of us getting another Final Fantasy character in the first place. Square Enix simply has far too many other noteworthy series that could conceivably make it in as part of this pass for me to really see a Moogle as having a chance. Simply put: There's far too many obstacles in the way for this character to ever conceivably make it in.

Want: Abstain.
My only real direct experience with Final Fantasy is playing IX for a few hours (which I still need to get back to. . .), and nothing beyond that. Therefore, I'm not comfortable with giving a want rating. I will say though that I can sympathize with wanting a Moogle to be playable. For the Xenoblade series, I'd love to see a Nopon be playable in Smash one day, since they similarly seem to be set up to be a series mascot in the future as well. But likewise, for Nopon I see no chance anytime soon, either.

Nominating Concept: A Bravely Default rep x10.

Predicting Prince of all Cosmos to get around 5.92%.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Moogle:
No. There is no way Moogle could happen, I don't see him even becoming an AT. Sure, some could say he's one of the mascots of Final Fantasy, but we still got Joker over Morgana, Ness and Lucas over Mr. Saturn, there are probably other examples I don't care enough to think about.

Would rather have Noctis (teleporting around like a mad man sounds fun), Dark Mage (cause Smash Flash 2) or Chocobo (because I am intrigued into what they'd do), if we had to get another FF character.

I saw others vote 10 times, can I also do that? Either way...
Noms: Dwight Fairfield x (all the votes I can)
you need to write a paragraph to earn 10 votes

Lyncario

Smash Ace
Question: What do y'all classify a paragraph as (as in, how many sentences/how long is it/how many words/etc.) and did my post count so I could do 10 votes?
5 lines for both the want and the chances, if one i sbigger than the other then I htink that it's ok (for example, if chances makes 8 paragraphs and want makes 3, then it still counts. I think).

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Day over.

Rate The Prince of All Cosmos from Katamari.

Predict the idea of Xion from Kingdom Hearts being an echo fighter of Sora.

Megadoomer Megadoomer

-----

Some songs to get you into the Katamari mood:

Also here is the link to the official RTC Discord server

-----

Abstaining completely today.

-----

Xion as a Sora echo chance prediction: 0.8%

Nominations:
BotW Zelda x5

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Abstain. I have no opinion on Katamari.

Nominations: Billy Hatcher x5
Abstain. My only exposure to the Prince specifically was a MAD skit called “Franklin & Crash”. It’s a parody of Franklin & Bash where the Prince was taken to court for rolling everything up and Crash Bandicoot is one of his lawyers.

No, I’m not making this up.

Xion: 5%

Noms:
Sakura Shinguji x5
I have no idea what I just watched, but I loved it.

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
The Prince of All Cosmos

Chance: 25% -
As with every Namco character, there's the issue of competition. Even with Heihachi gone to raise the chance of all Namco characters below it, Tales of still remains in the running, and even if Tales of were out, there's still franchises like Dark Souls, Soul Calibur, Taiko, etc. So competition is tight within Namco! However....

...with the second Fighter's Pass, we've been seeing a trend of one remaining Smash 4 3rd Party Mii Costume returning per character, and with both of the ones released so far being Namco, Lloyd's very much could be next (the Monster Hunter costumes would likely count as one unit here due to being from the same franchise). This is going as I predicted in my last rating, that the Prince has the benefit of not having a potentially returning Mii Costume to worry about, and now it looks like that's coming to help him! If Lloyd's deconfirmed, it'll become a Namco free for all! Plus with spirits no longer deconfirming, why would Pac Man's taunt?

Now to get into the real meat and potatoes of the Prince's pedigree! Katamari as a franchise started in 2004 (Sakurai even wrote a column on it back then praising its' uniqueness) and was a surprise success for Namco, resulting in it appearing in plenty of crossovers, getting lots of promotion (even advertisements at conventions!
I'll never forget that guy in a Prince costume dancing to Katamari on the Funk at a convention display for Katamari Forever!). The games themselves were released annually or bi-annually for several years. It wasn't just the beloved first game, it was an entire franchise! Granted, things did go dormant for several years after Touch My Katamari (a mix of release burnout and the fact that very few non-JRPGs do well on the poorly-selling Vita). But once Katamari Damacy Reroll came around, the Prince made his comeback! While it didn't result in a unified growing fanbase, a ton of newcomers came to love the game, plenty of musicians on Youtube began remixing tracks like Katamari on the Rocks, Lonely Rolling Star, etc. It was a very successful revival! And let's not forget the sales! Reroll was ranked 4th worldwide best selling game during the month of its' release (beating titans like Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee, and beating a Pokemon release (even one as controversial as Let's Go) is a huge feat in itself), despite releasing on the same day as Smash itself (though in Japan it was moved to the 20th instead). I even went about reading some threads at the time and a lot of people mentioned plans to pickup Katamari alongside Smash! It even got to the point where physical copes were sold out at the remaining ones were scapled until Namco produced more. Clearly this was a sign of surprise success, and this was in late 2018, and what was getting started in late 2018? Second fighter's pass negotiations of course! He's easy to negotiate and everything, this kind of timing could've definitely swayed Namco to a degree. Furthermore, Reroll is now coming to Xbox and Playstation, showing that Namco wants to push the series more and has more confidence in the brand!

Despite being considered niche initially and a sleeper hit, the game has been near universally-localized (granted Europe didn't get the first game though Reroll remedied that, plus it got every other game. So you don't need to play Katamari Damacy to understand or enjoy We Love Katamari, Beautiful Katamari, etc), despite how wacky it is. A lot of other Namco franchises, even Tales of, haven't managed to do this.

Even before Reroll (the first official main series Katamari game on Nintendo systems, Beautiful Katamari was gonna get a Wii port but it was scrapped), The Prince has had a couple of guest outings on Nintendo systems. There was Korogashi Puzzle Katamari Damacy, a Katamari-themed Pac-Attack-based game on DsiWare. The other was his appearance as an unlockable racer in Pac Man World Rally, complete with his own course and everything! Technically, The Prince has had more Nintendo appearances than Lloyd and Heihachi combined!

Both back then and now, Namco's been giving the franchise some good promotion (again, not as much as their heavy hitters but still a good amount). Reroll got both a Nintendo Minute segment and its' own trailer advertised in the Fall 2018 Nintendo Direct, showing that Nintendo clearly liked the game too and wanted it to succeed. Furthermore, Katamari's gotten a good amount of merchandise in the last couple of years, something it didn't even get during its' heyday, and Namco and LootCrate collaborated last year to celebrate the franchise's 15th anniversary. Both the merchandise in said set (along with some other recent stuff) hinted at a We Love Katamari remaster as well, showing that this likely won't be the end! Long live the Cosmos!

Furthermore, Namco's been promoting the franchise through other crossovers as well. Katamari has been crossing over with other Namco properties, both then and now! Idolm@ster is a notable example, with costumes based on the Prince appearing in Idolm@ster games and the Prince and his cousins making many cameos in their Danketsu music video (said song ended up as a part of Beautiful Katamari's soundtrack as well!). Taiko no Tatsujin Drum n' Fun even brought the song back alongside many Namco classics in 2019! There's also Synchronica, a game Namco released in early 2019 that brought back Katamari on Namco (one of Touch My Katamari's songs) with plenty of new Katamari artwork and everything! Even random fare like a recent Sword Art Online game got The Prince and Pac Man as wearable costumes, further proving that Namco wants to promote the franchise. Plus I've often noticed that The Prince will often appear alongside Pac Man in crossovers, and which Namco character is currently in Smash? :ultpacman:

Another thing to take note of is that, in Japan, Reroll is titled "Katamari Damacy Encore". This Encore title is also used for Mr. Driller (titled Mr. Driller Drilland overseas, being a remaster of the 5th game) and the recently-trademark-renewed upcoming Klonoa Encore. The fact that Namco chose Katamari to spearhead this series of remasters only shows more confidence in the brand.

And if anyone is thinking "The Prince wouldn't work, he'd be too difficult to do" (as if this has stopped other characters) or "He'd be better as just an assist trophy", give this fun video a watch! It's an excellent moveset concept for the Prince, and it has convinced many of my friends that he'd work as a character! I hope it convinces you that he'd be a fun addition, too!

I hope I don't sound like I'm grasping at straws with some of this evidence, but I think The Prince is in the best position he's been in for a long time!

Want: 100%+++ - By FAR my most wanted character, The Prince is such a lovable character, and his franchise has so much whimsical content that I think would add a lot to Smash! A character with a cool gimmick, a colorful stage, FANTASTIC music, what's not to love? I've always adored this franchise and I think The Prince would fit in perfectly with Nintendo's colorful cast of characters! The franchise is growing again but it definitely needs the exposure, much moreso than Tales or Tekken do, and I think this would be a fantastic way to do so! I hope this has convinced people to give the franchise a try, it's a wonderful experience that will bring smiles to everyone's faces! Long live the Cosmos!!!

Nominations:
Don-chan x5
Neptune x5

Predictions:
Xion - 3.28%

Last edited:

BlueEyedGrimmbat

Smash Apprentice
The Prince of Space...? (Prince of All Cosmos)

Chance: 15%

Katamari is luckily big enough to square up to the other big boys of Bandai Namco - Lloyd and Yuri, the Chosen Undead, Nightmare/Siegfried, blah blah blah. It's fairly popular globally and even has the benefit of both recency and legacy, appearing in all sorts of unexpected places - (a SAO game? REALLY?!) And that's not to mention its history with Nintendo - apparently they like the Prince.

Want: 20%
"I've never heard of this guy, but why does the name Katamari sound so familiar...?"

"...Oh."

I'm too indoctrinated on Touhou tracks to get into Katamari's music, and I'm not really intrigued by the whole rolly-poly gameplay aspect either. I've seen the Prince of All Cosmos maybe once or twice in random spots and I've never heard of the franchise before. He's liveable with, I guess, but I'm not excited for him.

Prediction: Xion as Sora's Echo: 4.3%
First off - Sora has to actually get in first. Second - we haven't gotten an Echo Fighter for a DLC character in Ultimate, and I highly doubt we'll get any.

Noms: Amiya x10

(Edit: Monster Hunter is Capcom? Whoops.)

Last edited:

Mr. MR

Smash Apprentice
...with the second Fighter's Pass, we've been seeing a trend of one remaining Smash 4 3rd Party Mii Costume returning per character, and with both of the ones released so far being Namco, Lloyd's very much could be next (the Monster Hunter costumes would likely count as one unit here due to being from the same franchise). This is going as I predicted in my last rating, that the Prince has the benefit of not having a potentially returning Mii Costume to worry about, and now it looks like that's coming to help him!
I still don't understand the logic in saying that having content in Smash 4 hurts the chances of an inclusion in this game... I thought it was the opposite.

Aside from that I really liked your post as I don't have much experience with the franchise and it's great to see the enthusiasm of the community (THAT DANCING MAN LOL). I think you convinced me to add a few more percent to him. Also that moveset looked really fun but also a nightmare to program.

Katamari is luckily big enough to square up to the other big boys of Bandai Namco - Lloyd and Yuri, the Chosen Undead, the Monster Hunter, blah blah blah.
Uh... Monster Hunter is Capcom so he's not directly competing against anyone at Bandai Namco.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Mario Galaxy Maker

I went looking for my old post for this guy because I remembered it pretty vividly and was very surprised when it turned out to be from New Year's Eve. Ah, 2019, you are deeply missed. Despite the long time in between, and the fact that we've had 3 characters and 18 Mii Costumes revealed since then, it more or less holds up, so I'm quoting it with some modifications.

Keep rollin', rollin', rollin', rollin'

Chance: 15% 10%
Katamari is a surprisingly successful and influential series that became a hit, not despite, but because of its weirdness. Even though it wears its Japaneseness on its sleeve, it's been released worldwide. It has Nintendo presence and is still relevant to this day. And I think it's telling that the Prince shows up on Pac-Man's taunt; how many non-arcade characters show up in it?

That said, while Katamari has been successful, it's no Tekken or Tails, and isn't as influential as either of these. Heihachi and Lloyd are also more popular and they have been mentioned by Sakurai. So I think they have the upper hand. But, as we know, Heihachi is now a Mii Costume. And with Gil also back, it's Lloyd's turn on the chopping block soon. So right now the trend's pointing to no Bandai Namco character at all, with Lloyd being the one who would buck it. There just isn't much wiggle room for the Prince there. However I kept him at 10% because I also maintain there's an outside chance he gets in. As a third Namco character I think he'd have better odds and as a fourth Namco character he'd be the frontrunner.

Want: 90%
Beyond the delirious music and aesthetics of Katamari, which should be in Smash, the Prince would probably have a very unique and engaging moveset. This is really the kind of character that Sakurai would go nuts with.

Aside from that, I'm really fond of Katamari.

Noms: Atari rep x5 (Man, remember when I made that post with every Atari IP? Good times)
Shadow prediction: this is the first AT we're rating so I don't know. I'll go with 21.70% (That ended up being super wrong)
So, yeah, some obvious changes had to be made but overall my feeling is the same: Heihachi and Lloyd make for formidable, if perhaps not insurmountable, opponents, and Bandai Namco themselves don't appear to be in a hurry to get their characters in Smash.

Noms: Jason and SOPHIA x10
Xion Echo prediction: 0.91%

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Billy Hatcher x230
Sakura Shinguji x210
Zelda (BotW universe) x205
Concept: Content from currently unreleased game (not Spirit Events) (as of May 17th 2020) x200
The Stretchers x200
Jason Frudnick & SOPHIA x200
Amiya (Arknights) x185

200 - 151

Alex Mason x180
Concept: Pokémon Mystery Dungeon content x171
Hades (Kid Icarus) x170

150 - 101

[Rerate] Frisk x150
Neptune (Hyperdimension Neptunia) x140
Arthur (Ghosts 'n Goblins) x140
Concept: A Bravely Default character x140
Mii Costume: Jill Stingray x139
Concept: A Microsoft rep that isn't Steve or Master Chief x130
Red (Angry Birds) x125
D.Va x115

100 - 51

[Rerate] Maxwell x100
Zero (Mega Man) x95
Concept: Second F-Zero rep x94
Mii Costume: Alex Kidd x93
Impa (Age of Calamity) x85
Boss: Ender Dragon x83
Concept: Darksiders rep x80
Sackboy x80
Riptor x80
Echo: Coco (Crash) x80
Fulgore x79
Stage: Bowser's Castle x76
Concept: More ATs as one new item x75
[Rerate] Concept: Boss Rush x70
Concept: Rocket League rep x70
Giygas x65
Adol Christin x65
[Rerate] Chibi-Robo x65
Dwight Fairfield (Dead by Daylight) x60
Concept: SNES-era Final Fantasy rep x55
Concept: Fortnite character x55
Gooigi x55
Vi (Bug Fables) x55
Boss: Rayquaza x55
Hajime Hinata x55
Miriam x55
Echo (Olimar) x51

50 - 25

Echo: Zeraora (Lucario) x50
[Rerate] Jin Kazama x50
Magolor x50
John Marston x50
Jin Sakai x50
[Rerate] Monokuma x50
Ghirahim x50
[Rerate] Concept: New Zelda character x30
Don-chan x30
[Rerate] The Knight x25

Under 25

Ryza (Atelier) x20
Tetra x15
Yarn Yoshi x15
Tetris x10
Cynthia (Pokémon) x5
Concept: Rocket League content x5
[Rerate] Thrall x5
Stage: Tetris x5
[Rerate] Agumon x5
[Rerate] Arle Nadja x5

Zelda explores past 200 noms. Amiya wins her shootout against Alex Mason, securing the seventh place once again.

Hajime Hinata and Miriam both find over 50 noms.

The Knight makes it to 25 noms.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Laaaaalalalalalalalalalalalalalala Damacyyyyyy

Chance: Abstain, I'm too unfamiliar with the series and data surrounding it to make any proper judgements

Want: Abstain again, I have next to no familiarity with the series beyond the catchy song so I can't really rate on how much I'd enjoy an inclusion

Miriam x5

Lionfranky

Smash Lord
Prince of All Cosoms

Chance: 10%
I think other people already covered what I wanted to say. I can't say much about his chance besides competition within Bandai Namco. Even with Heihachi out ot picture, there are still characters like Lloyd, Nightmare and Agumon left. While I can see that Bandai Namco want to push this series, the same can be said about their other property. Digimon seems to be going for resurgence as well with new anime reboot.

Want: 40%
DrifloonEmpire DrifloonEmpire managed to convince me, but my most wanted from Bandi Namco is still Agumon because I grew up with Digimon. Prince seems to be unique, but not enough compared to Agumon imo. Still, he would be wacky yet fun addition.

Neptune x 10

Blankiturayman

Smash Journeyman
Prince of all Cosmos
Chance: 10%
Long story short: There's way too much competition at Bamco. I feel like this is an issue for a lot of potential inclusions. Tales of and Dark Souls alone are nothing to sneeze at. This being said, Katamari does have merit to it being in, if they ever went with it. Not only has it been around for a long while, but it's found enough success for Bamco to keep doing games of it even to this day, with the newest game even getting a release on PS4/XBONE soon this year. Funnily enough, it was on Switch and PC first. So, essentially: While I wouldn't call him as likely as other Bamco characters, it certainly is possible.
Want: Abstain
Not too familiar with the series outside playing some demos a bit and seeing the Prince in crossovers like Pac-Man World Rally. Would be cool with it though, from what I've seen, the games are pretty wacky and that's neat. Perhaps at some point I'll give them a bigger try.

Noms: Adol Christin x5
Prediction: 0.8% for Xion Echo

Lyncario

Smash Ace
The Prince of all Cosmos
Chance: 0.1%
The Prince of all Cosmos is very unlikely in my book because fo mltiple things. First of all, he is a Bandai-Namco character, and there is way too much competition for their characters to get in Smash since there's still only Pac-Man playable in Smash, despite how they help Sakurai make Smash since Sm4sh. I don't see him getting in over Lloyd/Yuri, Chosen Undead, Nightmare, and if taking future game into account, Heihachi. I just see no way that he could get in over any of them. He does have the fact that his game got a remake recently, something that puts him over KOS-MOS and (at least for now) Klonoa in term of chances in my book, but beyond that, not much. His chance rating isn't helped by how I don't think that we will get a new Bandai Namco chracter in this pass since Heihachi got Mii'ed, and now Gil came back, making so that Lloyd will also most likely come back as a Mii costume in my opinion. So yeah, not an high chance rating for the prince of all cosmos from me.

Want: ???
The Prince of all Cosmos is from the video game Katamari, a game abour rolling stuff in a ball. It also distincts itself from other gaming series because of how weird and abusrd it is as a whole. I first saw Katamari trough YouTube a few yars back, and I had no idea what to think of it back then because of how weird and absurd everything about it is. Today, which is some years after I first learned of it, I still don't know what to think about Katamari, it justs weirds me out so much, but not in a bad way, it's just that I still have no idea what the hell it is. So yeah, I have no idea how to rate this fellow Prince in term of want, because Katamari is jsut so absurd, and I'm a fan of series where very absurd things happens, it's just that Katamari is so much more over the top for it's over-the-topness that I don't know what to think of it beyonf the fact that it exist.

Nominatios
Hades x10

Predictions
0.14% For Xion as Sora's echo

Last edited:

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
They see me rolling...they hatin......

Chance: 25%

I do think The Prince has a decent chance. Katamari is a cult classic series with some Nintendo history. It does have a decent fanbase here in the west and judging by Wikipedia it did well for itself over in Japan. Katamari Demacy is a classic, it stands out as unique, and has spawned numerous sequels and spinoffs. What I find interesting is that Katamari Demacy Reroll is coming to the PS4 and Xbox One next month so it seems like Bamco is confident in this game right now and they may even be planning for the series' future. Honestly if you ask me, The Prince may just be a darkhorse pick. I haven't been thinking about him a lot in Smash speculation, but thinking about it he could happen. Some people are concerned about the moveset but I will just let DrifloonEmpire do the honors of posting that awesome moveset video as I'm tired. But basically, he can do more than just roll the ball around.

But while The Prince is in a good spot, I still can't be too confident in him. His series is still relatively niche and while Katamari is a notable game and is even found in some museums, I just think..............

......so I know this is abrupt, but I have been stuck on this part since last night. The more I think about The Prince, he does have a lot of things going for him, but I just think that his relatively low fan demand combined with him being niche compared to Bamco's other characters negates some of his positives. Not to mention there is a good chance that we might not get a Bamco character. So I'm thinking about a 25%, whereas it used to be a 13%. Despite his drawbacks, I think he does have what it takes to barely push through and get a coveted spot on the roster. I mean, the game has been featured in museums, that is a big deal.

Honestly, this was probably the hardest rating for me, by far, especially considering I haven't seen other people's ratings yet, since I've been stuck on my thinking. But I can confidently say that 25% probably fits my feeling the best, and I'll be honest, it's mostly a gut feeling.

Want: 65%

I wasn't a big fan of this guy up until recently. I saw a certain moveset video that not only convinced me that The Prince could work, but convinced me that he would be really fun and unique. Katamari always sticked out to me as a weirdly charming game. While I haven't played any of the games, I can respect its place in the industry and it's an important game for the indie side of gaming. So while I would not say I'm a supporter yet, I'll be happy if the guy made it in. I personally would prefer other Bamco characters, but The prince of all Cosmos would make for a good addition to the roster.

Prediciton: Xion as echo fighter - 3%

Noms: Arthur x10

BowserKing

Smash Lord
Prince of All Cosmos

Chance: 10%. He is quite a low chance of appearing, given how much Namco characters are still available to join Smash. Also chances are, Lloyd would get in over Prince of all Cosmos, but there could be surprises, as multiple fighters that seemed to have a low chance got in Smash.

Want: 55%. Prince of All Cosmos would be a surprising choice, and while I prefer it if Kloana got in first, Prince of all Cosmos would be fun to play as, and he would have a unique gimmick that would make him unique compared from the rest of the cast. Overall, Prince of all Cosmos would be a decent choice for a Smash Bros Rep.

Prediction: Xion as a Sora Echo: 1%

Noms: 5 for Stage: Bowser’s Castle

Last edited:

Inue Houji

Purplish Wig
The Prince of all Cosmos
Chance: 5%
The Prince, although coming from a fairly well known game, doesn't quite enjoy that much popularity himself. Which doesn't really come as a surprise, seeing as he's practically invisible beyond the first few stages of the game. Adding onto that, he's also coming from a company that has several more prominent characters. It's also a series with relatively few titles available for the current generation, so Bandai-Namco promoting it wouldn't be all that beneficial. For my last point, I'm 99% sure Lloyd/a Tales character is coming, and while Bandai-Namco could get 2 characters this pass, I'd consider it very unlikely.

Want: 30%
I don't have much of a connection to this game. Apart from playing the demo for Reroll, I've only watched videos of the original game. Even so, it looks like a fun game, and I'd love to see what Sakurai could do with this character. The main reason I'd want the character however is because of the music; ever since I heard the main theme of Damacy, I've been in love with it. The only thing dragging him down for me is my aforementioned belief in Lloyd getting in(who I'd rather want), and the issue of 2 reps from one company.

Nominations
Adol Christin x10

Last edited:

waddledeeonredyoshi

Smash Lord
Prince
Chance: 7.5%
While it does seem Namco wants to push the Katamari franchise more, I'm not sure if Nintendo would agree when other potential candidates like Tales of or Dark Souls might make more of a splash. The Katamari games are iconic and beloved but not Namco's juggernaut. Of course there's no rule saying the biggest characters are always next in line but if they are amaing for as much money as possible there are probably better options. The Namco costume trend might continue and we could see Lloyd disconfirmed in the near future, along with a Solaire costume, but I'd sooner say that would mean we aren't getting another Namco rep instead of saying all door would be open for Katamari. There's concern of his moveset as well. Anything's possible and Steve does help his case but how Katamari plays doesn't really scream "fighter" at first glance and I doubt it will for Nintendo.

Want: 90%

I'd love for it to happen tho. I can't say I'm 100% a fan of his potential gameplay style but I definitely wouldn't say not to a Katamari stage and music list. Although I didn't really enjoy my time with Reroll, I do like me some Forever and want to see the series grow and continue. Without a doubt my most wanted Namco rep (tho in fairness, it's their series I got my hands on). The Prince would also be an ideal sleeper pick. A character nobody would expect but one that would be near universally welcomed.

Xion echo: 1.06%
The Knight x10

Top Bottom