• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances - Smash Ultimate Edition! Day 672: Five Most Likely First and Third Parties for Smash 6, and Final Goodbyes

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Bandana Dee
Chance: 61%
He seems to be pretty bit unlikely to be in Smash due to Kirby having no representation from the modern games as well not getting a 4th rep after Brawl, although a spear wielder in Smash would be awesome to see.

Want: 100%
I. FREAKING. WANT. HIM. SO. MUCH! It's about time that my boy Kirby needs more modern representation as well a 4th rep after Brawl for years!
(He's my number one most wanted.)

Dixie Kong
Chance: 52%
With K. Rool already been in Smash, I think she has a very low chance of being a DLC fighter.

Want: 75:
I do support her for Smash, a monkey that fights with hair would be nice to see.

Nom:
Fighter Pass 2 being half first party and third party X7

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
That was not my point anyway.
what was your point then? Cause it sounded like you were trying extremely hard to say bandana couldn’t use the elements to back your idea that he has very little move set potential

OkayFox and Falcon are old movesets, yet they embody the speed and feel of their original game. Also, just because you can name two sets from the OG Smash that were designed with limited resources doesn’t mean that every idea can be baselessly used in a moveset. Arguing based on the exceptions and lowest common denominators of Smash doesn’t a compelling argument make, especially when you try to argue that Bandana Dee can stand his own in building a compelling moveset core instead of having to borrow like the characters not seen outside of their vehicles before Smash Bros 64.

EDIT: Again, I’m fully on board with Bandana Dee using the elements in conjunction with other abilities he has. The Parasol that gives the Splash-element can and should use it. Rule of cool dictates that and there’s precedence from the Aqua Shot. If he uses the Beam, then add zap to the list! That’s like Ness using PK Fire and fun! But I’m against using elemental swapping as his central mechanic cause it isn’t central to his abilities or appearances in the kirby games.
that’s not what I’m arguing, I’m arguing against the idea that you need incredibly restricting rules to make a characters move set

Gonna have to side with Iko here. Bandana Dee's whole shtick is that he's an average Waddle Dee who climbed to the top with sheer determination and dedication. His spear isn't magical in nature like Meta Knight's Galaxia, and he hasn't used a souped-up mechanical alternative like Dedede either. Heck, he even throws those spears without any hesitation, then pulls another out of nowhere. He's not really the type to use any unique, wacky weaponry.

I'd argue that it does suit them. Star Fox is in a futuristic space setting, so the lasers and reflectors fit right in. Same with Byleth; They can use any weapon type the player desires, and the four main weapons of Three Houses are all Relics with similar aesthetics, so none of them stick out too much. Rosalina uses the unique mechanics of her debut game, Super Mario Galaxy, because it wouldn't fit Mario as a whole, and Palutena uses the powers of Kid Icarus: Uprising because she supplies that, and Pit uses the weapons because that's on him to use. It doesn't need to be something a character can do, as long as it fits in with their general theme.
Ok but how does fire fox and fox illusion work with the space mercenary theme and how does any of falcons moves tie into the bounty hunter/racer

people smash is a game where we have characters with largely made up moves, moves belongs to other characters, characters who don’t fight outside of smash, characters with wrong personality. You all need to stop being so caught up in the details lack of moves and sticking to a characters “theme” are not disqualifying

Last edited:

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
"b-b-bbut nobody wants FIrfst Parties!1!!111! THEY ARE BORRRING!!RERRERiwoirwowirwrewr!!!"

Yeah, my ass.
For better or worse, Bandana Waddle Dee seems to be THE first-party character people want (at least according to Source Gaming). On the one hand, that makes our jobs a lot easier. But on the other hand, we have to deal with... THOSE people...

Phoenix Douchebag

Smash Lord
For better or worse, Bandana Waddle Dee seems to be THE first-party character people want (at least according to Source Gaming). On the one hand, that makes our jobs a lot easier. But on the other hand, we have to deal with... THOSE people...
You mean the "MUH THIRD PARTY HYPE" Idiots, (which are automatically proven wrong once they look at the polls and see how popular Bandanna Dee is both IN and OUT of Smash) or the "HAT GOOMBA" idiots?

If it's the latter, then argument is dead ever since PP's confirmation, and no amount of Mental Gymnastics can revive it, this isn't Dragon Ball Z.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
You mean the "MUH THIRD PARTY HYPE" Idiots, (which are automatically proven wrong once they look at the polls and see how popular Bandanna Dee is both IN and OUT of Smash) or the "HAT GOOMBA" idiots?

If it's the latter, then argument is dead ever since PP's confirmation, and no amount of Mental Gymnastics can revive it, this isn't Dragon Ball Z.
Little bit of both, but moreso the latter. Maybe I'm browsing the wrong part of the internet, but I honestly don't see that many of the "third-party hype" types. Which is weird, considering I browse Twitter a bunch.

SeashoreWar

Smash Journeyman
Dixie Kong
Chance: 60%

I'm feeling a little more optimistic now that more 1st party characters have been DLC and spirits have been deconfirmed. And with DK getting it's own section in Super Nintendo Land, and hopefully a new DK game on the horizon, now's the perfect time to put Dixie in!

She's absolutely my most wanted character! She rounds out the core cast of DK characters in Smash. Cranky can come later.

Bandana Dee

Same feeling that I have for Dixie. Hopefully more 1st parties are included in the pass. Dee, along with Dixie and Toad, seem like the most glaring omissions from the roster.

Want: 70%
Not as high as Dixie, but I definitely want him. Kirby's been in need of a new character for a while now.

Last edited:

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Dixie Kong

I'm feeling a little more optimistic now that more 1st party characters have been DLC and spirits have been deconfirmed. And with DK getting it's own section in Super Nintendo Land, and hopefully a new DK game on the horizon, now's the perfect time to put Dixie in!

She's absolutely my most wanted character!

Bandana Dee

Same feeling that I have for Dixie. Hopefully more 1st parties are included in the pass. Dee, along with Dixie and Toad, seem like the most glaring omissions from the roster.

Want: 70%
Not as high as Dixie, but I definitely want him.
Make sure to include two sentences for both Chance and Want ratings to ensure they get counted! So just add a second sentence to your want ratings and their good.

Last edited:

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
Im gonna get mine in quckly

Bandanna Dee
Chance: 1%
He just doesnt seem like "DLC" material for a fighter pass, maybe if we had individual dlc characters sure, but as part of a pass, he's just dull in my eyes, and hes go nothing to make him really stand out to be chosen, its not like he's this big required Kirby character. Theres plenty more MAIN characters of other third parties and Nintendo IPs to choose from before Dee. Rex is one in particular. Bandanna is 4th place in terms of the main cast of Kirby. and honestly at that tier, villains and other prominent characters supercede you. He is base game addition type character, not suitable for this big DLC pass. This would be like adding Toad (Not Captain Toad who has his own game) to the Fighter Pass. Fighter Passes are meant to showcase either third parties with fans of unrepresented series or Nintendo IPs with the series MAIN protagonist or extremely popular character.

Want: 1%
I just DO NOT GET why people love him so much, oohh "a spear user" so unique! You know who else from Kirby would make for an infintely unique pick? Adeleine from Kirby 64! We dont have a paintbrush user, or someone who is basically a summoner archetype. I just dont get what makes Bandanna Dee so special, what he's DDD's right hand man, Okay....how does that translate to being interesting in Smash at all? I hate how much support he gets when it seems so forced due to being the "Toad" of Kirby. Theres so many vastly superior options for a new Kirby character in Smash. Add him in after Adeleine, Marx, and Dark Matter.

Dixie
Chance 1%
same basic argument for Bandanna, just simply not important enough as a character from her series to warrant a spot in the Pass.

Want
60%
She's cool, Id like to see her hair grabbing stuff, but shes too similar to Diddy in most aspects outside a few gimmicks with her hair and bubblegum.

Last edited:

DaUsername

Smash Ace
NNID
DaUsername
Switch FC
SW-1418-0536-1998
Waddle Dee with a Bandana
Chance: 75%
Oh boy, here I go being optimistic for Bandana Dee again!
Thanks to Min Min, Dee doesn't really have much going against him at this point. He's become the most demanded Nintendo character (that isn't an AT) and he's still a very prominent character in his series. There is still the whole "Sakurai ignoring modern Kirby" thing though.
He's easily my most wanted Nintendo character that isn't in yet. His inclusion makes so much sense that I'm not sure why he hasn't been added. Plus the Kirby series is long overdue for a new character.

"The last Nintendo All-Star (Let's just forget about Toad)"
Chance: 70%
Before, the only things that Dixie had going against her were the much more demanded K. Rool not being in yet and then her Spirit. Now that both of those are out of the way, there isn't really much stopping her. Similarly to Dee, she has a decent amount of popularity and still appears in her own series. She even made it to Mario Kart finally.
Want: 65%
I'm not actively demanding her like I was with K. Rool. But I think she would be a good addition.

Nightmare prediction: 10%
Sol prediction: 10%
Noms: The Bard x 5

there are numerous Lance or Spear users I'd prefer
Let me guess, every single one of them is a Fire Emblem character?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Waddle Dee with a Bandana
Chance: 75%
Oh boy, here I go being optimistic for Bandana Dee again!
Thanks to Min Min, Dee doesn't really have much going against him at this point. He's become the most demanded Nintendo character (that isn't an AT) and he's still a very prominent character in his series. There is still the whole "Sakurai ignoring modern Kirby" thing though.
He's easily my most wanted Nintendo character that isn't in yet. His inclusion makes so much sense that I'm not sure why he hasn't been added. Plus the Kirby series is long overdue for a new character.

"The last Nintendo All-Star (Let's just forget about Toad)"
Chance: 70%
Before, the only things that Dixie had going against her were the much more demanded K. Rool not being in yet and then her Spirit. Now that both of those are out of the way, there isn't really much stopping her. Similarly to Dee, she has a decent amount of popularity and still appears in her own series. She even made it to Mario Kart finally.
Want: 65%
I'm not actively demanding her like I was with K. Rool. But I think she would be a good addition.

Nightmare prediction: 10%
Sol prediction: 10%
Noms: The Bard x 5

Let me guess, every single one of them is a Fire Emblem character?
Actually no. Eric Lecarde from Castlevania's a pretty big one for me, but even beyond that there's Hilde from Soul Calibur and Arthur from Ghosts n Goblins if you count him.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Actually no. Eric Lecarde from Castlevania's a pretty big one for me, but even beyond that there's Hilde from Soul Calibur and Arthur from Ghosts n Goblins if you count him.
It's funny. Spears and lances were probably the most practical weapons in war, but everyone in fiction ditches them for "muh cool sword." Would it kill to have a lance-wielding hero once in a while?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
It's funny. Spears and lances were probably the most practical weapons in war, but everyone in fiction ditches them for "muh cool sword." Would it kill to have a lance-wielding hero once in a while?
The thing is that while lances and spears were the most practical, they weren't the most affordable, nor could they be used as a sidearm in a pinch like swords could. Lances were far more common in mounted combat.

But that's going a bit off topic lol.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Just like how Smash fans hate on Fire Emblem for having half of the FE roster being blue hair with swords.

JCKirbs

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SuperMushroomU
Well, since the “day” is almost up I would like to share one last bit of Bandana Dee appreciation, as a thanks for everyone who has shown support/care for the little guy up to this point.
Let’s all keep hoping that he’ll finally get his prize someday!
(All compiled content is courtesy of @Toasty_Nerd, from one passionate Dee fan to another~)

(This highlights the moves which he gained over time)

(Look at him go!)

A864E913-9E1A-4EAF-A4E3-0B718B93A41C.jpeg

Last edited:

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Well, since the “day” is almost up I would like to share one last bit of Bandana Dee appreciation, as a thanks for everyone who has shown support/care for the little guy up to this point.
(All compiled content is courtesy of @Toasty_Nerd, from one passionate Dee fan to another~)

(Look at him go!)

View attachment 277392
I always loved how Kirby and Dee are great friends with each other.^-^

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Just like how Smash fans hate on Fire Emblem for having half of the FE roster being blue hair with swords.
I just think it'd be neat to have a protagonist with something that's not a sword, because every hero seems to have a sword. Not to say they'd be bad characters in Smash-A good deal of my wishlist consists of swordfighters-But a lance user or axe wielder would be unique and distinct among the metric frick-ton of sword users.
The thing is that while lances and spears were the most practical, they weren't the most affordable, nor could they be used as a sidearm in a pinch like swords could. Lances were far more common in mounted combat.

But that's going a bit off topic lol.
I suppose that makes sense. Lances are too long and exes are too heavy; Swords are the only way you can get the cool close-range fights without looking awkward.

Last edited:

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
I'll do a Dixie Kong appreciation post to make things perfectly balanced, as all things should be.

BeFunky-collage.jpg

JCKirbs

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SuperMushroomU
I always loved how Kirby and Dee are great friends with each other.^-^
I’ve always thought that their truly defined friendship, after the events of Super Star, was one of the things I liked best about Modern Kirby. (^w^)

I'll do a Dixie Kong appreciation post to make things perfectly balanced, as all things should be.

View attachment 277400
Augh, she’s so precious~ Go forth, young hair-twirler!

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
I’ve always thought that their truly defined friendship, after the events of Super Star, was one of the things I liked best about Modern Kirby. (^w^)

Augh, she’s so precious~ Go forth, young hair-twirler!
Same, in my headcanon Dee thinks of Kirby being like a little brother/younger sibling towards him.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed

(Look at him go!)

View attachment 277392
look at that pic with the cake, that should be a victory

Dukemon102

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-8185-5597-2987
I just want a double reveal with these two like :ulthero: and :ultbanjokazooie: were.
That would literally kill me with hype.

Any reason why is it taking so long to move on to the next day?

SharkLord

Smash Hero
I just want a double reveal with these two like :ulthero: and :ultbanjokazooie: were.

If Reimu ever gets in, I'd prefer to have a double reveal with a popular Western indie, like Shantae or the Knight (Or Steve?, assuming Minecraft's still counted as an indie). Reimu is my most wanted and I'd be quite content with her, but Touhou's still fairly niche in the West. I believe a Western indie could help appease those who are unfamiliar with Touhou, on top of being another character I want.

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team

Days get extended when there is a lot of discussion and there is still debates going on. I do think that it should end soon though.

JCKirbs

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SuperMushroomU
The “3rd Party only” crowd would literally implode, but that would basically mark the happiest, most satisfying day i’d ever have from my time with the Smash franchise.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
The “3rd Party only” crowd would literally implode, but that would basically mark the happiest, most satisfying day i’d ever have from my time with the Smash franchise.
Oh, you think that's bad? Try Rex and Isaac together, and you've got the combined fury of the no Assist/DLC Mii crowd, the third-party only crowd, and the no anime crowd. All at once. For similar effect, swap out one of them with Bandana Dee to infuriate the "Too boring/Hat Goomba" complaints and the "Protagonist/New franchise only" crowd as well. Sit back and watch as the entire fanbase catches fire.

Last edited:

JCKirbs

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SuperMushroomU
Oh, you think that's bad? Try Rex and Isaac together, and you've got the combined fury of the no Assist/DLC Mii crowd, the third-party only crowd, and the no anime crowd. All at once. For similar effect, swap out one of them with Bandana Dee to infuriate the "Too boring/Hat Goomba" complaints and the "Protagonist/New franchise only" crowd as well. Sit back and watch as the entire fanbase catches fire.
Sounds like a treat to me, I might as well grab some popcorn while i’m at it.

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
Since the Dee day is still going, I feel like re-visiting one of my favorite memories from Smashboards and Rate their Chances: does anyone here remember bazoomba?

Basically, way back in RTC for Smash 4 someone made the argument that adding Bandanna Dee in Smash was like tossing in a goomba with a bazooka, called Bazoomba.
The hilarity came from the fact both this concept as well as the name sounded so cool and appealing to people that the person making the argument shot themselves in the foot: everyone responded positive to the idea of bazoomba in smash, and we even had people draw out the concept and some even nominate it for getting rated. The hype around bazoomba was glorious. To this day that name is stuck in my memory lol

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
It took us three days to get these ratings.

Three days!
Sorry this has gone on for a long period of time.

I do not have any personal drama this time as an excuse. If I am being honest, the reason this took a while was due to the controversy in the community right now. I just found it hard to stay as engaged as I would have liked to given everything going on. Is that a good excuse? I don't know, but its the truth.

Anywho, onto the characters

Bandana Dee

25% Chance

Yeah, sorry Dee fans, I ain't feeling it.

I guess if I had to boil down my argument into words, I would say that this is mainly due to the lack of modern Kirby content for the past two games. Kirby went through a lot of stuff the past decade, including a strong revival (where Dee comes from)... but its not represented in Smash really. Instead of getting a RtD stage, we got Great Cave Offensive. Instead of a Magalor boss, we got Marx. I know an Epic Yarn stage was planned, but it got cut. That's the thing. It got cut. Modern Kirby at least from my eyes is not a priority to Sakurai.

Dee's saving grace is fan demand. Truth be told, it is impressive that he consistently is in the top ten for fan polls even post the spirit pessimism. That being said, I think the demand is really his only saving grace if I am being honest.

1% Want

...Yeah.

Sorry Dee fans, but this ain't for me. I know plenty of people who like Dee. I know plenty of people who have him in their top five. Hell, I used to want him. But then I thought and asked myself... why?

Turns out, I do not have a great affinity for the Kirby series. I do not have any particular love towards any modern Kirby game. And most of all, I can't see myself enjoying Dee. Dee seems boring to me. I do not need gimmicks to like characters. I loved the execution of Ridley and Banjo and they are relatively gimmickless. But Dee to me looks so boring. Even the best fan movesets I can not see myself enjoying that much.

Finally, this is one of the few times where smash speculation actively turned me off of a character. The only other times I can think of were with Shantae, Steve, and Waluigi. The constant campaigning for a character who I did not like really got me to roll my eyes the more as time went on. Arguments such as "This is a nintendo fighting game we need NINTENDO Characters" or "Kirby deserves to have a fourth rep" got me livid.

The 1% is pity towards his fans. Next.

Dixie Kong

20% Chance

To be honest, this is mainly because I think some echo fighters as DLC is gonna happen and if they do it, Dixie is probably high on the list of decent choices. While she would need some unique animations that might push her to be harder (Grab, UP b, different popgun), I think Dixie would be a good choice as an echo. Echos are variable anyway, look at how much effort went into Dark Samus or Chrom compared to Daisy. She's also popular.

100% Want

Yeah I like DKC. I like DKC music. We need more Tropical Freeze music and classic DKC music. Im petty.

Nominating Boss Rush x 5

Day over

Today we got Nightmare from Soul Calibur and Sol Badguy from Guilty Gear.

Predict the scores for Sylux and Porky.

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
Since the Dee day is still going, I feel like re-visiting one of my favorite memories from Smashboards and Rate their Chances: does anyone here remember bazoomba?

Basically, way back in RTC for Smash 4 someone made the argument that adding Bandanna Dee in Smash was like tossing in a goomba with a bazooka, called Bazoomba.
The hilarity came from the fact both this concept as well as the name sounded so cool and appealing to people that the person making the argument shot themselves in the foot: everyone responded positive to the idea of bazoomba in smash, and we even had people draw out the concept and some even nominate it for getting rated. The hype around bazoomba was glorious. To this day that name is stuck in my memory lol
After we got a literal Goomba stack in Dr. Mario World, the concept doesn't sound that insane either.

SharkLord

Smash Hero

That sounds amazing, honestly. I need that in my life.
Also, I believe Epic Yarn actually had Waddle Dees with a missile launcher, so if Bandana Dee draws from Waddle Dees all across the series and not just himself, the supposed "Hat Goomba" could actually have a bazooka.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Some songs for today's characters:

Nightmare

Sol Badguy

------

Also I'd just like to thank everyone for making the Dee/Dixie day a very lively discussion. I know it's hard to want to talk about Smash in general after recent events, but it's fun speculation like this that makes me so invested in Smash to begin with.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Nightmare
Chance: 55%. Bandai-Namco is due for another fighter after all they've done, and Soulcalibur is a pretty popular game, from what I've heard. SCVI did really well, and I could see Nightmare being used to push a potential Switch port. Plus, the other Bamco 3D fighter's been Mii'd, so that's another thing in his favor. His main hurdle is the other Bamco reps, most notably Lloyd Irving. Aside from Lloyd or any other Tales of rep, there's also a wide variety of Digimon, Agumon especially, the Prince of All Cosmos, Taizo Hori of Dig Dug fame, and even Klonoa as a potential dark horse (Or maybe that's just wishful thinking on my part). As a result, Nightmare's possible, but so is any othet Bamco fighter.
Want: 50%. Soulcalibur seems pretty cool, and Nightmare's status as a powerful demonic knight would help set him apart from the other swordfighters. He's not my first choice, but I'd be fine with him or any other Soulcalibur rep.

Sol Badguy
Chance: 70%. Guilty Gear's popularity is growing, and we already got some ArcSys Spirits. The door to Sol is open, and I don't see any real issues between ArcSys and Nintendo. Plus, Guilty Gear defined the anime/"hyper" fighter subgenre. I'd say Sol has a shot.
Want: 100%. Guilty Gear looks like fast-paced fun that would translate to Smash pretty well, and the music is downright godly. Sol in Smash would be amazing, and I would be really happy to have the ability to make Donkey Kong beat up Cloud Strife while Birthday Train blares in the background.

Predictions:
Porky: 30%
Sylux: 10%

Nominate: Klonoa x5

Last edited:
Top Bottom