• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances - Smash Ultimate Edition! Day 672: Five Most Likely First and Third Parties for Smash 6, and Final Goodbyes

Ninjaed

Smash Journeyman
Yeah I know activision tried to put a lot of **** in, but Bungie has been very against most of it and has pushed back from it.
Haven't kept in touch with Destiny news at all. It's good if they backed away from it, I'd stayed with my initial bad first impression... but after checking, Destiny 2 customer reviews are still a bit of a mixed bag. Plenty of negative ones on metacritic for instance yet you tell us it's gotten better now, so I don't know what to think. Still, should tell you why the lukewarm reception here.

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
ah im a bit familiar with league, though i could not tell you which one she is
She's the 9 tailed Fox girl and gets lots of skins and art

Haven't kept in touch with Destiny news at all. It's good if they backed away from it, I'd stayed with my initial bad first impression... but after checking, Destiny 2 customer reviews are still a bit of a mixed bag. Plenty of negative ones on metacritic for instance yet you tell us it's gotten better now, so I don't know what to think. Still, should tell you why the lukewarm reception here.
True, a bad first impression is hard to get rid of, but I find it quite fun now. Its the only FPS I enjoy playing

Last edited:

DaUsername

Smash Ace
NNID
DaUsername
Switch FC
SW-1418-0536-1998
I'm gonna abstain for now because I'm busy, but if I still have time later I'll probably write something.

Ahti Prediction: 5%
Noms: Upgraded Spirit x5

Drason

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Coke
Guardian-Destiny
Chance: 1%
I can't see them picking of all the franchises Destiny to rep Activision. Like with all the stuff surrounding the game especially with it's own player base hating on it rn, I can't see it.
Want: 0%
I...really have no opinion on Destiny's characters. I would rather have CoD characters like Soap, Woods, or Mason over any character in Destiny and CoD is very low on the the kind of characters I want in a Smash game. I really see no value in adding in these characters where Snake fills in these niches.

Nom: Nightmare (SoulCalibur)

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Guardian

Chance - 0% - Not even on Nintendo Systems, Destiny is from a western company that has done little for other games in their series. Even if they went to Bungee for a game, why not go with Master Chief, who's score's more popular and important? Destiny has gone from a terrible reception to a middle-of-the-road okayish game, so I don't think there's much chance against such a titan.

Want - 0% - If I wanted a FPS character, I'd rather take DOOM. There's not much more to say other than I would appreciate a character at least appearing on a Nintendo System.

Predictions

Ahri - 2.43% - Not likely at all.

Nominations

Lip X5

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Day over.

Rate Ahri from League of Legends.

Predict... Concept: Auroros, Jyk and Poppant as Assist Trophies.

Megadoomer Megadoomer

-----

Some songs to get into the Ahri/LoL mood:

warpenguin55

Smash Journeyman
Ahri:
Chance: 25%
Some quick points from Gnar's day
  • Riot Games is owned by Tencent. Tencent is pretty much the reason the Switch got to China.
  • League of Legends is getting a semi port to mobile and consoles. By semi port I mean that the gameplay is supposed to be as close possible to the PC LoL, but they did make changes beyond the ones needed just to make the game work off PC.
  • LoL is one of the biggest E-Sports in the world, if not the biggest.
  • LoL is still very big in China, so the rep would probably be done with the intention of getting Switch sales and Smash sales in China.
  • For some reason, the LoL stat sites don't give us info on Chinese servers, so I can't tell you how popular any champions are over there.
On to the topic of that one leak. First, it's worth mentioning that the person did not say the LoL rep was Ahri. They said that Ahri was their guess due to her popularity. Nothing about the leak has been deconfirmed yet. The leak isn't the only reason I'm giving a 25% though. As mentioned in Guardian's day:
Every third-party company in Smash has a history of working with Nintendo in some form. Interviews about Banjo suggest that this is effectively a prerequisite, as people frequently mention how collaboration with Microsoft on Minecraft paved the way to Banjo in Smash.
We have Tencent getting the switch into a new huge market. One where LoL is still about as popular as it used to be in the west. I don't know exactly when Nintendo and Tencent started working together on that, so it is possible the partnership came about too late for Smash DLC.

Ok, so now on to the Ahri specific stuff. Ahri is a pretty popular champion. She gets skins pretty constantly(as stated in the leak). Ahri is going to be a part of the LoL semi port, which has been confirmed to be getting a console release. Her LoL kit could work pretty easily in Smash. She has a move where she throws out an orb that boomerangs back to her, and a move where she fire Will-O-Wisps out at nearby enemies. She also has a move where she blows a kiss at an enemy, and if it hits someone they are forced to walk towards her and take extra damage from her. And she also has a move where she dashes in a targeted direction, firing Will-O-Wisps at all nearby enemies. There isn't a lot of ground breaking new stuff here. The only thing I can see being a pain is that since she's a Kitsune, she'd probably have some tail hitboxes to work out. Mewtwo also has tail hitboxes so it might not be that bad.

Want: 100%
LoL is my favorite game. Sometimes I question why, but it is. A LoL rep is my #1 most wanted character for smash. This would be awesome for me.

Noms: Alex Mason x5

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
Abstain on Ahri. I'd prefer Euden as a mobile rep.

Auroros, Jyk and Poppant as Assist Trophies: 0%

Noms:
Xion as Sora's Echo Fighter ×3
Sakura Shinguji ×2
I don't know that much about what games LOL has coming out but I don't think Ahri is a mobile rep

Gonna abstain today. While I think League of Legends has a really good shot at getting a DLC rep(and thought this long before any leaks happened) I don't know enough about the individual characters to rate them though.

Predictions
ATs - .5%

Noms
Stretchers x5

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
Ahri
Chance: 15%
Before anyone asks: no, this has nothing to do with that one 4chan leak.

A while back, I listed all of the reasons for a League of Legends rep in Smash. I won't bother restating everything, but to sum it up: we know for a fact that Riot has stuff coming to the Switch, they're partially owned by Tencent, who seems to be real close to Nintendo at the moment and League is one of the biggest Esports around, both inside and outside the MOBA genre. If you wanna read the OP, you can do it here.

So... where does Ahri stand in all of this? Well, LoL might not have one mascot, but as I stated in the OP for her thread, she is one of the most prominent champions in Riot's marketing, and also one of the most popular - if the sheer amount of skins she has is anything to go by.

Ahri was also one of the first champions released for Wild Rift (the thing most people believe is coming to the Switch) and the very first champion revealed for the upcoming fighting game (along with Darius).

If we were to get a League rep... I think it would be a three way struggle between her, Lux and Ryze. I would list the entire reasoning here, but this post is long enough as it is. So to sum it up... of the 50% chance I gave to a League rep in general, I'd give 15% to each of those three and 5% to everyone else.

Want: 100%
Absolutely. I think she's one of the best choices around to represent not just League, but also become our first representative of MOBA mechanics. Her kit would probably have a decently low skill floor but a high skill ceiling, which I think could potentially make her an interesting character in competitive and a fun one in casuals.

Predictions
Auroros, Jyk and Poppant: 1.36%

Nominations
Dark Souls rep x 5

Abstain on Ahri. I'd prefer Euden as a mobile rep.
...I wasn't gonna say anything since you abstained, but since many people will make the same assumption... League is a PC game first.

Sometimes I question why, but it is.
The League experience in one sentence.

Last edited:

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Abstaining completely on Ahri since I never really got into LoL. I will say though that just looking at the cast of LoL characters I would be totally down for Ashe.

Subspace enemies as assist trophies: 0.1%

Nominations:
Rex [Rerate] x5

Last edited:

Ninjaed

Smash Journeyman
Ahri - abstain

As much as Gnar is a definitive "no" from me, Ahri I couldn't tell with confidence. She's extremely popular and has become one of the poster children for the game (with Teemo or Katarina). Still, despite the Tencent thing, I fail to see why Nintendo would approach Riot Games with their lack of history together. Then again, LoL is massive. It's probably the (or one of the) biggest game out there right now. I just don't know, sorry. As for want, she'd be ok but I'd be skeptical about her kit.

Predictions: Concept: Auroros, Jyk and Poppant as Assist Trophies - 6%
Nominations: D.Va x5

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
OwO what's this

I'd give a higher score if it was actually confirmed that Wild Rift is coming to Switch, but until we know for sure, I can easily see them snubbing it, as if one console gets the short end of the stick it's the Switch.

Side note: I can't manage to even be certain that Wild Rift is happening, I mean why do we still not know what consoles it'll be on? This is a freaking triple A release, even for a company like Tencent (shady and non-transparent) it's weird business.

Anyway, yeah, all connection between Nintendo and Ahri, League of Legends, or Riot Games is so far still in the realm of likelihoods and hypotheticals, so that's the score she gets. But still, let's give what little input I have.

I don't know much about LoL (though I've played it, so I'm still probably more informed than is the norm for Smashboards and PC games), but I do know that Ahri is one of, if not the most famous characters in League. She's pretty much the first character a casual like me learns of, the one I picture in my head when I think of the game, so it stands to reason that she'd be the frontrunner to rep the game. I know of a few others that I think could be candidates like Teemo, Lux and Jinx, but I'm iffier on them and regardless I think it's Ahri's spot to lose.

Want: abstain
LoL has certainly earned its place in Smash, but I don't really care if it gets a fighter or not. I'd like for it to get on Switch first, though, I think being on Nintendo is a nice formality.

Noms: ****ing Tidus x5
Prediction: 0%

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
[Rerate] Rex x170
[Rerate] Steve x150
Concept: Fighter Pass Volume 2 is mostly first-party x130
Louie x120
Concept: Pokéball Pokémon becomes playable x111
Decidueye x107
Meowth x101

100 - 51

Zelda (BotW sequel) x95
The Boss (Saints Row) x95
Concept: Darksiders rep x80
Sackboy x80
D.Va x80
Dr. Eggman x78
Proto Man x75
[Rerate] Kratos x75
[Rerate] Lip x75
The Stretchers x75
Concept: Upgraded Spirit x73
Concept: Pokémon Mystery Dungeon content x61
Lu Bu (Dynasty Warriors) x60
[Rerate] Frisk x55
Nate Adams x55
Fulgore x51

50 - 25

Dwight Fairfield (Dead by Daylight) x50
Mii Costume: Jill Stingray x50
Red (Angry Birds) x50
Moogle x50
Boss: Ender Dragon x49
Echo: Zeraora (41e) x45
Concept: Content from currently unreleased game (not Spirit Events) (as of May 17th 2020) x45
Alex Mason x45
Tidus x45
Concept: SNES-era Final Fantasy rep x40
Echo: Dark Bowser (14e) x39
Echo: Lord Fredrik (67e) x35
The Terrarian x35
[Rerate] Captain Toad x33
Gooigi x32
Concept: Second F-Zero rep x31
[Rerate] Saki Amamiya x30
Urbosa x30
Shuichi Saihara x30
Giygas x28
Concept: Assist Trophies added in updates x27
Rival Pokémon Trainer x25

Under 25

Stage: Bowser's Castle x24
Echo: Xion (Sora) x23
Concept: Returning stages x21
[Rerate] Nightmare x20
Jin Sakai x20
Concept: A person of color x20
Sakura Shinguji x17
Zeraora x15
Black Shadow x15
[Rerate] Paper Mario x15
Concept: No Spirit promotions x15
Wolf Link x15
Diablo (Diablo) x15
[Rerate] Jin Kazama x10
[Rerate] Agumon x10
Concept: Dark Souls rep x10
[Rerate] Monokuma x10
Gran/Djeeta x10
Lora and Jin x10
Otto Matic x10
The Avatar (Ultima) x10
Neptune (Hyperdimension Neptunia) x10
Concept: Bravely Default rep x10
Concept: Rocket League rep x10
[Rerate] Neku Sakuraba x10
Chell x8
[Rerate] Professor Layton x8
Magolor x7
Taranza x6
Concept: Darkstalkers rep x6
Sparky (Clash Royale) x5
Concept: Overwatch character x5
Asha (Wonder Boy) x5
Mii Costume: Hat Kid x5
Concept: Portal 2 rep x5
Breath of the Wild 2 Ganondorf x5
Tick (Brawl Stars) x5
King Graham x5
Concept: Fortnite character x5
[Rerate] Andy x5
Cooking Mama x5
[Rerate] Toxtricity x5
Jill (Drill Dozer) x5
[Rerate] Takamaru x5
Asuka (Senran Kagura) x5
Furret x5
Deku Scrub x5
Mii Costume: Edward Falcon x5
Concept: A LABO character x5
Cynthia x5
Concept: Bonus character x5
Concept: Fighter Pass Volume 2 is half Nintendo and half third party x5
John Marston x5
Concept: Generic Zora x3
Three Mage Sisters x2
Concept: A Pokémon Trainer who fights x2
Concept: A fighter who uses all kicks x2
[Rerate] Metal Sonic x2
Concept: Generic Goron x2
Mii Costume: Jacket x2
Echo: 40e x1

Nate Adams crosses the 50 nom boundary and gives me one thing to talk about, thank you Nate.

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Nine-tailed fox huh? I'm having some anime de ja vu

Chance: 12%

warpenguin55 warpenguin55 took the words out of my mouth when it comes to Tencent and their importance in bringing the Switch over to China and the possibility of one or more of the upcoming games coming to Switch. As for popularity in Japan, well again PC games don't tend to be that popular over there but LoL does have enough of a player base that there is a professional Japan League which definitely helps out in my book. As for Ahri herself, she is definitely one of the most prominent characters in the game and it would be safe to say she would probably be chosen. Her moveset potential is interesting enough.

As for the negatives, for one LoL has not appeared on Nintendo consoles and there is a chance that no future game will come to Switch which would really hurt the chances of any LoL character getting in. As for the supposed leak, I'm not counting that since the person so far has only predicted one thing which was pretty easy to guess anyway. I'm calling b******* but that is just my opinion. Tencent also seems kind of fishy to me since they are not that transparent and they kind of rub me the wrong way, but we got Konami and DQ composer's music in the game so this probably won't matter. Oh yeah, and Riot Games to my knowledge has very little to no connection with Nintendo.

Basically what this boils down to is that there is a decent chance of this happening, but the big hurdle is the general competition and the reasoning why Nintendo would pick a LoL character out of everything. I would not bet on this happening, but there is a real possibility.

Want: 25%

I would take this. I'm not a fan of this type of game but LoL undoubtedly has established itself in the gaming landscape. Ahri is pretty cool and represents the game quite nicely. Plus the stage selection is brimming with unique options. It's just that there are many characters I want in first.

Prediction: 3 assist trophy characters - 1%

Noms: The Boss (Saints Row) x5

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Ahri

Chance: This is hard to say. With Nintendo choosing the characters, not Sakurai, would they bother with a franchise not on Nintendo? I don't think it's that likely. Sakurai doesn't really care about that kind of thing, but Nintendo is different. I'm going to give it a 5%. I just remembered the leak, and other than knowing the Spirits were coming, there's nothing else on the leak that isn't a plausible guess anyway. But that doesn't mean knowing one thing means the user knew anything else. Besides, the only outright easy guess was a Hollow Knight costume, and that has yet to be seen.

Want: Abstain. I know nothing about LoL. Definitely a deserving series, no doubt, but with no experience at all(that and I don't play MMORPG's), it's not worth a score I can legitimately give.

Predictions: Concept Assist Trophies(Eh, I don't remember which 3, but that's meaningless for the score). 3%

Nominations: Fulgore x 10(might as well get it out of the way)

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
If you're wondering why I'm doing calcs with such frequency, it's because I have an exam on Monday and I'm procrastinating. Stay in school kids.

Papyrus
0.73% Chance - 32.14% Want
Winner of predictions was Ramen Tengoku Ramen Tengoku with a near-exact 0.75%. That nets you 10 extra noms!

Guardian
0.92% Chance - 5.46% Want
Winners of predictions were Sari Sari Ninjaed Ninjaed and BowserKing BowserKing with a precise 1.00%

Extra nominations:

Artix Artix 15
Awakining Awakining 5
Verde Coeden Scalesworth Verde Coeden Scalesworth 5
BowserKing BowserKing 10
DanganZilla5 DanganZilla5 5
DaUsername DaUsername 92
Delzethin Delzethin 5
NintenRob NintenRob 5
Nemuresu Nemuresu 10
Ninjaed Ninjaed 5
Perkilator Perkilator 5
Ridrool64 Ridrool64 5
Sari Sari 30
Ramen Tengoku Ramen Tengoku 10
Troykv Troykv 15
waddledeeonredyoshi waddledeeonredyoshi 10
Wunderwaft Wunderwaft 15

(Can someone tell me who are these characters?)
I think they're Subspace Emissary mooks.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
If you're wondering why I'm doing calcs with such frequency, it's because I have an exam on Monday and I'm procrastinating. Stay in school kids.

Papyrus
0.73% Chance - 32.14% Want
Winner of predictions was Ramen Tengoku Ramen Tengoku with a near-exact 0.75%. That nets you 10 extra noms!

Guardian
0.92% Chance - 5.46% Want
Winners of predictions were Sari Sari Ninjaed Ninjaed and BowserKing BowserKing with a precise 1.00%

Extra nominations:

Artix Artix 15
Awakining Awakining 5
Verde Coeden Scalesworth Verde Coeden Scalesworth 5
BowserKing BowserKing 10
DanganZilla5 DanganZilla5 5
DaUsername DaUsername 92
Delzethin Delzethin 5
NintenRob NintenRob 5
Nemuresu Nemuresu 10
Ninjaed Ninjaed 5
Perkilator Perkilator 5
Ridrool64 Ridrool64 5
Sari Sari 30
Ramen Tengoku Ramen Tengoku 10
Troykv Troykv 15
waddledeeonredyoshi waddledeeonredyoshi 10
Wunderwaft Wunderwaft 15

I think they're Subspace Emissary mooks.
How do I still have five?? Didn't I just use 10, which should cover my extra five from before??

amageish

Smash Master
Ahri

Chance: 5%. So, this is a weird one. On the surface, Riot Games has no connection to Nintendo and I'd say that's pretty disqualifying but:
1) League of Legends is huge and influential, especially on the rise of eSports
2) Tencent and Nintendo collaborate already on Chinese Switch distribution
3) Riot Games has hired developers for League of Legends: Wild Rift with Switch experience in particular, which sure sounds like a Switch port is happening

I think those three factors could fast-track a League representative into Smash, with it happening alongside the Riot Games' debut on Nintendo consoles instead of a result of previous collaboration...

That said, I don't think it's that likely. I'm also not sure it would be Ahri. She's definitely the character to beat, but the game has an insanely large cast with waves of popularity/relevance over time. Someone else may strike Sakurai/Nintendo's fancy more.

Want: Abstain. It'd kind of depend on what League content comes with her.

Predictions: Well. DLC Assist Trophies. That is a side of speculation I've yet to encounter. 2%
Noms: Moogle x5

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Abstain. I don't know much about LoL. Although while I was doing research, I found this:

Yeah... I felt sad too...

Nominations: [Rerate] Rex x5

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
Ahri

Chance: 10% - Ahri has become one of the poster children for League of Legends, so she's definitely a frontrunner when it comes to her own series. Though outside of that the rating gets complicated. Nintendo and Tencent have been in a very successful partnership to release the Switch and several games in China. Tencent owns Riot Games, which in turn makes League of Legends. Thus she could very well make her way in as a surprise pick. On the other side, Nintendo has no relationship with Riot itself, and League of Legends isn't on Nintendo systems, so I can't imagine Nintendo approaching them. So it's honestly a massive toss up. She has the connections necessary (unlike similar characters such as Gordon Freeman), but lacks the Nintendo history. I personally don't see it happening but it still is a real possibility.

Want: 15% - Can't say I'd be too interested in her and I have little to no connection with League beyond a few jokes. Though it'd be interesting to see how she plays and she'd be an interesting surprise choice for a third party.

Nominations:
Louie x5

Predictions:
Subspace Assist Trophies - 3%

Neosonic97

Smash Journeyman
Ninjaed sums up my thoughts on Ahri perfectly. As much as Gnar is basically a 'no' for me (As much as I prefer him as a character), Ahri is in a lot more of a gray area. So, with that in mind, I don't really have much of a choice but to double abstain.

Noms: Terrarian x5.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
How do I still have five?? Didn't I just use 10, which should cover my extra five from before??
Those numbers are only up to Guardian's day. Your extra noms are taken off the list when I make the noms list after the end of a day (just in case you want to edit them, for example).

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
Ahri

Chances: 20%
I think a League rep of sort has a decent possibility of happening. Riot's parent company, Tencent, is the reason that the Switch managed to finally breach the Chinese market to great success. LoL Wild Rift is scheduled to be released for mobile and consoles this year, I have no doubt in my mind a Switch port is all but confirmed at this point. Another thing I remembered is that Riot developed a Project M mod that featured LoL characters, they're fans of the series and have shown so.

Now is it guaranteed to be Ahri? Not really, unlike most games, LoL doesn't have a definitive face and popular champions switch around as the faces of the game. Ahri once appeared at the cover of the game but now it's Ekko and Annie who appear in the cover, champions switch around and nothing stays in one place for too long. Ahri has her pros with how she's a popular champion and whatnot, but it's by no means a shut and closed case. Someone like Jinx, Teemo, Yasou, Zed, Annie, or hell even Garen or Darius could get the playable spot. Me personally? I like Ahri but my two most preferred champions are Annie and Ekko, even though I know the latter will be hard to balance thanks to his time shifting.

Want: 85%
I recently came back to League and as a result I remembered why I love this game so much. From the invigorating character designs and lore to the mechanically complex micro of the game. LoL has a ton of champions that can bring new ideas to Smash. Hell, you can make an entire fighting game out of these champions, which is what Riot is actually doing right now.

Nomination: Kratos x20
Prediction: Subspace assist trophies 1.74%

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
[Rerate] Rex x170
[Rerate] Steve x150
Concept: Fighter Pass Volume 2 is mostly first-party x130
Louie x120
Concept: Pokéball Pokémon becomes playable x111
Decidueye x107
Meowth x101

100 - 51

Zelda (BotW sequel) x95
The Boss (Saints Row) x95
Concept: Darksiders rep x80
Sackboy x80
D.Va x80
Dr. Eggman x78
Proto Man x75
[Rerate] Kratos x75
[Rerate] Lip x75
The Stretchers x75
Concept: Upgraded Spirit x73
Concept: Pokémon Mystery Dungeon content x61
Lu Bu (Dynasty Warriors) x60
[Rerate] Frisk x55
Nate Adams x55
Fulgore x51

50 - 25

Dwight Fairfield (Dead by Daylight) x50
Mii Costume: Jill Stingray x50
Red (Angry Birds) x50
Moogle x50
Boss: Ender Dragon x49
Echo: Zeraora (41e) x45
Concept: Content from currently unreleased game (not Spirit Events) (as of May 17th 2020) x45
Alex Mason x45
Tidus x45
Concept: SNES-era Final Fantasy rep x40
Echo: Dark Bowser (14e) x39
Echo: Lord Fredrik (67e) x35
The Terrarian x35
[Rerate] Captain Toad x33
Gooigi x32
Concept: Second F-Zero rep x31
[Rerate] Saki Amamiya x30
Urbosa x30
Shuichi Saihara x30
Giygas x28
Concept: Assist Trophies added in updates x27
Rival Pokémon Trainer x25

Under 25

Stage: Bowser's Castle x24
Echo: Xion (Sora) x23
Concept: Returning stages x21
[Rerate] Nightmare x20
Jin Sakai x20
Concept: A person of color x20
Sakura Shinguji x17
Zeraora x15
Black Shadow x15
[Rerate] Paper Mario x15
Concept: No Spirit promotions x15
Wolf Link x15
Diablo (Diablo) x15
[Rerate] Jin Kazama x10
[Rerate] Agumon x10
Concept: Dark Souls rep x10
[Rerate] Monokuma x10
Gran/Djeeta x10
Lora and Jin x10
Otto Matic x10
The Avatar (Ultima) x10
Neptune (Hyperdimension Neptunia) x10
Concept: Bravely Default rep x10
Concept: Rocket League rep x10
[Rerate] Neku Sakuraba x10
Chell x8
[Rerate] Professor Layton x8
Magolor x7
Taranza x6
Concept: Darkstalkers rep x6
Sparky (Clash Royale) x5
Concept: Overwatch character x5
Asha (Wonder Boy) x5
Mii Costume: Hat Kid x5
Concept: Portal 2 rep x5
Breath of the Wild 2 Ganondorf x5
Tick (Brawl Stars) x5
King Graham x5
Concept: Fortnite character x5
[Rerate] Andy x5
Cooking Mama x5
[Rerate] Toxtricity x5
Jill (Drill Dozer) x5
[Rerate] Takamaru x5
Asuka (Senran Kagura) x5
Furret x5
Deku Scrub x5
Mii Costume: Edward Falcon x5
Concept: A LABO character x5
Cynthia x5
Concept: Bonus character x5
Concept: Fighter Pass Volume 2 is half Nintendo and half third party x5
John Marston x5
Concept: Generic Zora x3
Three Mage Sisters x2
Concept: A Pokémon Trainer who fights x2
Concept: A fighter who uses all kicks x2
[Rerate] Metal Sonic x2
Concept: Generic Goron x2
Mii Costume: Jacket x2
Echo: 40e x1

Nate Adams crosses the 50 nom boundary and gives me one thing to talk about, thank you Nate.
i think you mean thank you fogbadge

Lyncario

Smash Ace
Ahri

Chance: 15%
This is because of 3 things. Tencent helped Nintendo put the Switch on the Chinese market, Tencent own the company that makes League of Legends, and also because League of Legends is huge, especialy in China, a new market where Nintendo just started selling. Otherwise... she does not have much, but still enough to get a 15%.

Want: 25%
She's cute. She's floofy. She comes from a game with Touhou reference. She's alright.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
hmm i think ill take a crack at this if its all the same to you

chances: 50% not because of that rumour or anything but because it doesnt seem that far fetched to me. league is a hugely popular still on going and supported game which is always wining awards for best on going game, when wow doesnt. so that to me places lol in similar category that i would have put joker into. joker got in to sheer popularity then surely the most popular character from a very popular game isnt that much of an outsider.

want: 10% i only ever played lol once and it was as the guy who looks like bowser but a small part of me like the sheer surrealism of having lol in smash. my brother and his friends loved lol way back when part of me wants her just to see how theyd react. mind you i think it would bring back all the shouting.

nominate nate adams x5

Ninjaed

Smash Journeyman
Ninjaed sums up my thoughts on Ahri perfectly. As much as Gnar is basically a 'no' for me (As much as I prefer him as a character), Ahri is in a lot more of a gray area. So, with that in mind, I don't really have much of a choice but to double abstain.
A grey area... Yeah, that sums it up right. Even Switch ports are still rumours for now, so Riot's potential future partnership with Nintendo itself is currently in a grey area as well.
I recently came back to League and as a result I remembered why I love this game so much. From the invigorating character designs and lore to the mechanically complex micro of the game. LoL has a ton of champions that can bring new ideas to Smash. Hell, you can make an entire fighting game out of these champions, which is what Riot is actually doing right now.
If you want truly mechanically complex micro in a game, DotA 2 would be right up your alley. The designs aren't as vibrant but gameplay-wise, you've so many more options at your disposal as opposed to LoL's over reliance on very similar build paths and a forced meta (tri-lane is a thing in DotA 2, many viable strats).

If you're more interested in macro though, then Heroes of the Storm should be your pick. No individual experience, you all share the same team level. No items, only talents at certain levels. Fighting for objectives is key but so is soaking experience for your team (+ split pushing and/or taking mercenary camps).

League of Legends is more of a happy middle. Its micro isn't as complex and its macro isn't as prominent, but both play a big part. Meanwhile, while macro is also present in DotA, you have what we call hyper carries whose teams will try to babysit so they can destroy the other team in late game (teams built around early push work fine too and can counter heavily late game oriented comps). So micro is definitely at the forefront.

I just wanted to touch upon this real quick. Regardless, if there's one of the 3 that should get in Smash, there's no doubt it'd be LoL. Besides, DotA 2 is Valve property so as far as history with Nintendo goes... yeah, no.

BowserKing

Smash Lord
Ahri

Chance: 3%. There are quite a bit of League of Legends characters to choose from, and chances are, Ahri may not be the one who would get in. Then again, Ahriman getting in would be a big surprise, and surprise characters help bring variety to the roaster, which is a good thing, as it prevents the game from being too predictable.

Want: 50%. I don't really know too much about her, but just like many characters, she would be fun to play as. But like I said, I don't know too much, so I'll leave her at 50%

Predictions: Subspace Assists (1%)

Noms: 4 for Concept: Pokeball Pokémon Promotion, 3 for Stage: Bowser's Castle, 3 for Concept: Second F-Zero Rep and since I Gotten a few more noms, 5 for Boss: Rayquaza

waddledeeonredyoshi

Smash Lord
AHRIIIIIIIIII
Wild Rift on Switch is a "I'll believe it when I see it" sorta deal
and it may have missed the mark on the deciding of the DLC even if it was happening. Lol is insanely popular I know but that never guarantees a Smash spot, RE was spirited away and we're still lacking content from Minecraft or any other third-party game massively popular with the casual crowd. Ahri also competes with characters from her own game tho to be fair, I'd say that same thing for any Lol character.

Want: 0%
Huge PC Esports titles aren't really my type of game and I have heard mixed things about League in particular. There are also western third-parties I'd really prefer with only so many characters left. Finally, ...would I sound problematic for saying I don't want a character that would mainly appeal to a country I'm not really a big fan of?

Auroros, Jyk and Poppant as ATs: 0.05%
Dr Eggman x15

Last edited:
Top Bottom