• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rain Results! (1/27)

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Z said:
If anything were as simple as "any character can get around _____, by simply ____" then why don't you show us .
I did do that and people just tell me "well it wouldn't work in a real match" and then say "LGL is broken" when what they really mean is "ledge play is boring and I don't like it".

Dekillsage

Smash Lord
Plz stop. He tried a lot of things and took like 60-70% when he messed up. Snake can't do much against planking unless he goes on the ledge and tries something risky. Grenade dropping can be countered by simply stalling the up b. If anything were as simple as "any character can get around _____, by simply ____" then why don't you show us :glare:.
Should have mashed taunt :gova:

Player-1

Smash Legend
I think it was more the fact that ally didn't know there wasn't a lgl so he didn't want me to get off the ledge so I'd lose when it came to time

:phone:

kismet2

Smash Ace
good **** to hunter, axis, shugo, and v115.

and pretty much what hunter said. if axis really wanted to stop him from regrabbing the ledge he could've nikita'd LOL. in a metagame with no lgl certain characters will be able to dominate others because of the fact that they can hang on the ledge, where they're strongest. regrabbing the ledge shouldn't be frowned upon but when people are using it to deliberately stall until time instead of just chilling until they find their opening to get back on stage then that's hard to deal with without a lgl. even with a lgl you can still time out people, you just have to stay safe with the option to grab the ledge if you need somewhere to go instead of staying on the ledge the whole time(or just playing really safe). i definitely don't hate the people that abuse the lgl because it's not breaking any rules but it changes the metagame to where characters can just stall which isn't really boring, it just drastially changes the metagame to where if you're a ledge character you may mollywhopp most characters that can't do anything about it.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Is no LGL limit seriously being argued? :/ There should ALWAYS be a LGL even with MK banned.

It depends on your reasoning. If you think "that's broken" then, well, you're wrong. Like flat-out wrong. It can make some characters better or worse, but that's fine. That's part of their properties. You don't need to hand hold Falco so that he's better.

If you think "that's boring, and I'm willing to alter to the game to make it NOT boring" then I disagree with your competitive mentality but agree that it is a logical explanation and course of action, like adding a shot clock in basketball.

Juu said:
Also, for all Project M players... please let me know what you thought about the stage list/bans distinction. As I try to continue to host events for this game, I would like to know what you guys like/don't like about stages and stuff. There were some personal things that came into my own stagelist (I hate Metal Cavern, I think Green Hill Zone is basically a smaller FD with closer blastzones, etc) and since there were so many stages, I felt like 3 bans was the sweetspot for it.
From what I've played of both Melee and Project M, I felt like the starters were very limited. They were all very similar versions of the same stages, so stage striking really came down to "do you want large, medium, or small?" with smashville being the only 'medium'. There are enough good stages that you could have a truly even starter list to strike from so that no one ended up getting a "preferred" stage.

I disagree with Metal Cavern's removal as it's a stage with little like it. Green Hill Zone was legal iirc, and while I dislike the stage personally I can see it as having merit for other characters.

Pretty much on page 1 I can't see a legitimate reason to ban any of the stages other than preference.

As for stage bans, I thought 3 was kind of crazy. Counter-picks are SUPPOSED to be more one-sided, and while you can make an attempt to have 3 stage bans to make all counter-picks more "tame", at the end of the day it comes down to math.

If your character does well on flat+plat stages that don't require much chasing, you've got more than 3 that work.

If your character does well on stages that are wider that require more chasing and a stronger projectile game, you do NOT have 3 stages that will work.

The first guy gets his counterpick no matter what while the other guy gets all his stages banned. This inadvertently results in certain characters having a better tournament environment than others.

If you wanted a small stage, for example, you have Yoshi's story, Wario Ware, Green Hill Zone, Metal Cavern, and that's it. MAYBE you can count the first stage of Castle Siege, but then it becomes FD (and was banned, iirc).

With Metal Cavern removed and 3 bans, there are 0 small stages left.

But Fox wanting a larger stage can pick from FD, Dreamland, PS1, PS2, Rumble Falls, and Dracula's Castle for plenty of leg room and there's not enough bans.

If you want all the stages to be "tame" counterpicks you'd have to trim the stage list waaaaaaay down and be super selective about which stages you pick, or just accept that some counterpicks will be irritating and you might not want to play on yoshi's story but it's one of the stages and you used your one ban on wario ware already.

I'd say stick to one ban. Easier, faster, and fits the purpose.

That said, at my monthy Project M tournaments ( http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=333213 ), I'm going to be allowing the entire first page and some of the counterpicks on page 2 so we'll be able to see actual results. If you ever want to test or break a stage, lemme know. :B

It really comes down to what you want. Port Town, Japes, Picto, Brinstar, they're all fine stages and we don't even know how they effect matchups yet. But if you want to stick to flat+plat, the entire first page is completely viable for tournament play from what we've seen so far and there's really no reason to allow more than one ban. It messes with the balance.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Since the BIG MI became a discussion topic of this event, I decided to take a quote from SoulPech and bring the discussion here.

For context, I posted saying the my only gripe this weekend was seeding and the ruleset. Everything else was fine.

All I've been hearing is the gripe about the ruleset, the bracket seeding, the venue was ***, the food was ***, the parking was ***, **** OSU, **** OH.

It gets discouraging.

I'mma break this down the best I can since I've got homework to do and this has been on my mind like all day.

the ruleset
How to fix:

• Run traditionally used rulesets (Apex or Japanese) Experimental Rulesets should be tested at House Tournaments where there isn't much on the line. I know Keist tries to do stuff like this to bring fun back to the game, but people will have fun regardless of the ruleset.
• The stages were honestly not a problem, I rarely saw people CP to the wonky stages (RC/PS2). People really kept it within standard play aka Apex, Japanese, MikeHAZE stagelists.
• LGL needs to exist, flat out. We all saw Will vs Rich Brown at WHOBO 2 (MK Banned). Why do we need that again? LGL exists so people don't resort to planking/scrooging/ledge stalling to win. Where is the competitive value in those strategies? The Apex Ruleset protects players from these dirty strategies (35 LGL for all Characters, Scrooging Rule is equivalent to Japanese Ruling).​

the bracket seeding
How to fix:

• Ask more knowledgable players and TOs for advice and help. I would have been more than happy to extend 5 minutes into reviewing the bracket.
• For doubles there was honestly NO reason for Zinoto and I to play Ksev and Stewy R2 in Winners. Why did we travel OoS 3 hours to play each other? We can do that at Stewy's house on Fridays each week. Its an OHIO local, the fact that Ohio is playing Ohio is fine. Don't make a traveling state fight each other especially people from the same carpool.
• Review Pools to ensure people who played in pools do not play in Winner's Round 1, Losers Round 1 or Winner's Round 2
• You need to know that there needs to be an even distribution of the TRUE first seed players. Ally and Player-1 on top while V, Zinoto, Shugo, and Meek were on the bottom was truly not wise at all. You guys over seeded your own state, Eddie G and MX are not equal to any of the first seeds on the bottom.
• Based on APEX and past results of the 8 first seeds, this is how I believe the seeding should have gone. Ally > Zinoto > Shugo > V > Player-1 > Meek > MX > EddieG.
• When seeding, you need to seed till Winner's Semi Finals (Top 5, but the top 4 players in Winner's Bracket). So going all the way to WSF it should have been Ally/V and Zinoto/Shugo

The only reason why people are mad is because they want to have the best time at a tourney. If you want to become a TO/Better TO you need to listen to the complaints that matter and act upon them. In order to get better and produce a quality product you need to learn from the mistakes of the past because those are what you need to look at to protect the future from mistakes.

My 2 ¢, take it or leave it. This is from someone who was once in similar situations as a TO.

Also I will get to shoutouts eventually.

Apasher

King Arthur
Premium
NNID
Apasher
I don't like the no LGL rule because I feel that it keeps the metagame from evolving. Instead of actually out-playing your opponent, it turns into a "grabe ledge to win" game.

Shadow the Past

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3711-8167-5215
I understand this tourney the rule was an oversight on Keist's part and didn't want to change it last minute, but the fact that anyone thinks a LGL shouldn't be in competitive is kind of disgusting.

sneakytako

Smash Lord
I honestly like how you organized your thoughts neetly Ori but it still doesn't really explain anything imo.

It just describes A.)You don't like lack of LGL. B.) You don't like wonky stages, and don't like it when people play on them C.) You don't feel like brackets where made by people who know a wider/current scene.

I mean I can understand what your trying to say but you won't convince anyone that way, and what ends up happening is 'well I clearly stated my opinion, if people don't comply that must mean everyone is stuborn and stupid'.

For point C you make some helpful, but obvious countermeasures to make sure it doesn't happen again. I mean the countermeasure for you for LGL is to put it on, but simply stating that won't convince anyone who thinks LGL is unecessary to change their mind.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
I mean, I just stated simple things that could help in the future.

I was responding to someone who wants to host events and what I listed above was what I believe to be steps in the right direction. This is constructive criticism so things like what happened saturday don't happen again.

sneakytako

Smash Lord
I'm not trying to put you down or anything, but ultimately with issues like LGL full arguements with supporting evidence are the only way to make a case for these things. I just know how this discussion is going to go down and I don't like the way I foresee it ending up. And that ends up people stating opinions and never coming to a clear conclusion with hurt feeling on both sides.

IMO LGL is not a good answer to deal with planking, I've always been a fan of simply adding more time. But I'm not the TO and generally TOs are going to need the things I stated above to change their mind, I just wanted to make it clear the consequence of hoping for change with these kinds of discussions coming to an impasse.

To sum it up, I have an issue of how you're making your case, and the fact that you organized your thoughts tells me you spent time to think and plan it out, thus the investment of time leaves you more personally invested in the outcome. But the way you argued is going to lead to a dead end, and I wanted to explain what kind of discussion needs to take place in order to facilitate change.

FF WuvS

Smash Ace
NNID
Lostmagic103
:213: FF wubwubWuvS "Distracting" Shoutouts :213:

1: Axis ($177.00) :snake: - Yoooo, it was fun carpooling with you. You have a super scrubby Marth, but your hat is the most comfortable hat I have ever worn. Also good stuff on winning :3
2: VII5 ($82.00) :zerosuitsamus: - I finally got to meet the man that gave me the best compliment ever. Should have played you, but eh, next time~
3: Player-1 ($52.00) :diddy: - Thanks for spreading the word of the stream :3
4: Zinoto ($30.00) :diddy: - Sorry about that one guy on commentary xD; I didn't know friendlies were over and he was still there.
5: LOE1 ($15.00) - Thanks for the coaching help, it was really appreciated. It was pretty cool carpoolin with you. You were actually pretty cool this weekend.
Wut.
5: Shugo ($15.00) :falco: - Donato's pizza is good :I But GGs in pools. Next time, don't **** me so hard ;~;
7: MeekSpeedy :sonic: :pit: - Your laugh is always so contagious. And the LoL noises will never get old. I expect to see you Outrage
9: Ori :olimar: :popo:- Play Dreamer louder if you want to wake me up. For real. Good stuff on placement <3
9: MX :yoshi2:- MIKEEEEEE <3 Awesome to see you again! Sorry I couldn't find a blue Yoshi plushie ;~; Those are apparently hard to find. But good stuff on 9th! Next time I'll coach you, I don't care what anyone says. You'll get P-1 next time. :bee:

P.S. Donato's pizza is super good and Papa Johns is bottom tier. :embarrass:
9: Eddie G :peach: - Your Peach is super fun to play against. Excuse my scrubbiness. Hopefully next time I won't be so bad xD;
13: Mister Eric :rob: - SoulPech for best massage?
13: SoulPech :jigglypuff: :wario: - There are other methods to wake me up then what you tried ;~; But good stuff in Bracket. Also, good bacon... and massage.
13: Roller :popo: - You lost to a Puff and you're better then me. Why D:?!
17: Xatic :zerosuitsamus: - Ohey bbygurl, you made it to bracket, you did pretty alright
(lol jk u suck.)
But as always, always a blast hangin with you and hopefully you're happy with that Sen figure :cheep:
17: WuvS :yoshi2: - WHY DOES NO ONE EVER GET MY NAME PROPERLY ;__________;
Also, I'm not allowing Karby by my name because Karby is Trash >_>;
17: WTP :dedede: :falco: - GGs in Pools, I really wasn't expecting to win our set xD;
17: RalphCecil :snake: - Glad I finally got to play you :3 Your Snake is super fun. I didn't want to drink bleach after our match aha. GGs!
17: Stewyian :popo: :dedede: - I expect more out of you sir :I But fun hanging out with you for the weekend and the late night food fights :333

-- Pools Cut Offs --
25: Tako - Thanks for leaving so I got 2nd seed and I could feel better about myself aha. But GGs in pools :3
25: PidgeZero - Fun meeting/talking to you. Completely jealous of your hat and scarf. Hopefully see you and the rest of the Canadians at Outrage or future MI tourneys~
25: KSEV - Thanks for driving! But what in the world are you doing down here? D:
33: BeanBurrito - GGs in pools. Your DK scared me so much in G1 D:
33: Cam - I take all blame for you losing to Stewy D: I really, really do ._. But I love your Falcon. You're super chill. Hope to see you at more tourneys~
41: TheKiest - Thanks for running the tourney and hiring FF to stream :3 I absolutely loved the venue!

Special shoutouts:

- Donato's for a great venue and great pizza, though it has some janky internet.
- Stream trolls for sticking with us though the internet was from 1745.
- SoulPech for the housing and good bacon.
- FishFlop as always cuz you guys are pretty awesome.
- Abu, stay away from anything Brawl (tourneys, streams, etc.)
You're just a bad person
Kthxbai :3
- Freezing Rain/Sleet for making me wake up like 2 hours early to get home ;_;
- Juu for not playing P:M or SD:R with me :[ No love.
- LOE1, Pidge, and SoulPech for quad Puff matches. Those were surprisingly super fun!

If I forgot anyone, sorry D: I'm still super tired and I have to study for an exam tomorrow.
I probably won't be able to start uploads on the stream videos until Wednesday at the earliest, sorry everyone. That'll have it's own post, so look out for that!

sneakytako

Smash Lord
Wuvs I was impressed by ur play, you should call me over to play friendlies next time we meet so I can teach you how to not lose to D3.

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
Also shoutouts to 1Pokemastr for putting the misogynist stream monsters in their place. <3 u bro.

TheKiest

Smash Champion
Ori_bro said:
How to fix:

• Run traditionally used rulesets (Apex or Japanese) Experimental Rulesets should be tested at House Tournaments where there isn't much on the line. I know Keist tries to do stuff like this to bring fun back to the game, but people will have fun regardless of the ruleset.
• The stages were honestly not a problem, I rarely saw people CP to the wonky stages (RC/PS2). People really kept it within standard play aka Apex, Japanese, MikeHAZE stagelists.
• LGL needs to exist, flat out. We all saw Will vs Rich Brown at WHOBO 2 (MK Banned). Why do we need that again? LGL exists so people don't resort to planking/scrooging/ledge stalling to win. Where is the competitive value in those strategies? The Apex Ruleset protects players from these dirty strategies (35 LGL for all Characters, Scrooging Rule is equivalent to Japanese Ruling).​
1) If they have fun regardless of the ruleset, then they don't mind the experimentation? :p
I have compromised by having every other RAIN be APEX ruleset. I encourage other TOs to experiment, but don't get discourage if experiments explode in your face.
2) This generally happens even when I have 9 and 9.
3) I agree to a point, however as a T.O. (Not a Brawl T.O.) I prioritize not changing the rules set that close to the tournament. As for whether a LGL rule should exist period, I'm honestly not sure of the alternative. I like my variation better than the APEX rule though (will be at RAIN 3).
@V115: I missed your post on said LGL rule, thank you for mentioning it early on.

How to fix:

• Ask more knowledgable players and TOs for advice and help. I would have been more than happy to extend 5 minutes into reviewing the bracket.
• For doubles there was honestly NO reason for Zinoto and I to play Ksev and Stewy R2 in Winners. Why did we travel OoS 3 hours to play each other? We can do that at Stewy's house on Fridays each week. Its an OHIO local, the fact that Ohio is playing Ohio is fine. Don't make a traveling state fight each other especially people from the same carpool.
• Review Pools to ensure people who played in pools do not play in Winner's Round 1, Losers Round 1 or Winner's Round 2
• You need to know that there needs to be an even distribution of the TRUE first seed players. Ally and Player-1 on top while V, Zinoto, Shugo, and Meek were on the bottom was truly not wise at all. You guys over seeded your own state, Eddie G and MX are not equal to any of the first seeds on the bottom.
• Based on APEX and past results of the 8 first seeds, this is how I believe the seeding should have gone. Ally > Zinoto > Shugo > V > Player-1 > Meek > MX > EddieG.
• When seeding, you need to seed till Winner's Semi Finals (Top 5, but the top 4 players in Winner's Bracket). So going all the way to WSF it should have been Ally/V and Zinoto/Shugo
1) This was reviewed by multiple T.O.s, however time was a stress factor for said reviewers and T.O.s so things get missed. This review process took 15 minutes per bracket. I even took your initial advice and asked Clowsui for help on this, even though I was initially adamant against it.
2) At the time (as one of the reviewers), I couldn't see a fix where 2 people from the same area wouldn't play each other R1 if those two were moved. If you can point out said fix, I would appreciate (anyone but Ori can as well)
3) See my shoutout to Chi to help prevent this.
4) Thus top should have been...
Axis
EddieG
V
Player-1
Bottom:
Shugo
Meek
Zinoto
MX
Correct?
5&6) Same point as 4.

@Tako: I don't mind people stating the obvious, I'm more interested in who is giving feedback and how they are giving feedback than the actual feedback themselves (To Others: Don't twist my words, I am also reading the feedback). However, I do want you to voice your opinion as you are doing so. Just wanted you to be aware that it's fine with me. Not really sure of a good alternative to ledge camping without removing the ledge or hacks. I would say a similiar shot clock thing like OS said is adding to BBball, but that might be too hard to enforce in brawl.

Please keep them coming.

FF WuvS

Smash Ace
NNID
Lostmagic103
I would appreciate that Tako because D3 is a match up I find super fun to practice. I just have a super hard time killing you since D3 obviously~

LOE1

Smash Lord
LOE1's Legendary Shoutouts!

1: Axis ($177.00) - yooo nice job winning. player one aint gonna have no lgl to save him next time. carpoolin with ya was fun, got to know ya better. McDonalds > Subway
2: VII5 ($82.00) - fun set. best zss ive played so far. i was kinda dissapointed at that stagespike, and give up game 2 rly, but happens. i look forward to playin ya again.
3: Player-1 ($52.00) - still never played ya, but you lost to zinoto, so you must be free....yet you outplaced him :|. this wario wants some of that diddy.
4: Zinoto ($30.00) - SO ****ING CLOSE TO BEATIN YA THAT 1ST MATCH! got me salty :(. i know now not to cp delfino against you ever. expect more next time freenoto :denzel:
5: LOE1 ($15.00) - still bad
5: Shugo ($15.00) - didnt talk to much this time, but nice job on 5th.
7: Carls - i really did not expect to win that set. game 1 was really close, and ya clutched it out. game 2 was urs really, but frigate + nerves somehow made me win. game 3 i was goin for that timeout, but unfortunate sd at the end :(. ur better than what people give ya, im expecting good things in the future from you.
7: MeekSpeedy - funny man you are. funny funny man. still mad i didnt play you in singles, but when we do, ur gonna get ittt
9: Ori - looks like the kairo powers didnt help enough. i still personally love the oli MU. keep practicin up, ur gonna need it to beat the legend :yeahboi:
9: MX - such a pro yoshi. you made all them reads on me, i couldnt get in. and you wouldnt let me gimp you :(. gotta practice that yoshi mu. too good.
9: ShadowPhoenix - fun games in pools. i didnt realize who you were until recently, i would have been alot more nervous if i did :O.
9: Eddie G - fun dubz. i be the patientest wario out there. lookin forward to 1v1 you.
13: Suyon - MI hates you cause of ur planking lmao. you made the salt master (stewy) salty, respecttt. i think i just learned ya better after game 1. bf is a good stage for camping i suppose...
13: Mister Eric - i rly gotta play/meet ya. ive heard too much about you.
13: SoulPech - thanks for the housinh/breakfast bro. you lived up to ur reputation. sorry i walked off in dubz, i was just dissapointed in myself. ur puff is truely dabest. you will not get so lucky in singles tho...heh. :wario:
13: Roller - yooo i dunno if how imy mk plays is considered gay or not, but i needed the ic exp. next time get top 5 cause i know you cann.
17: Fish - YO. that set was the closest one i had all tourney. i was ****ting my pants. game 1 i 2 stocked you, game 2 you 2 stocked me, and game 3 was just rly freakin close. i was kinda expecting to lose that one and be salty the rest of the tourney :p. way too good man. im scared of ya now.
17: Xatic - scumbag scott
17: Clowsui - fun bracket set. you were makin that comback game 2. next time im expecting more out of you tho. ur better than how ya played.
17: PapaZ - hm. i dont recall meeting/playing you :(
17: WuVs - favorite yoshi here. u rly are the deepest sleeper out there lol. normally when soulpech ***** someone they wake up. next time stop being free, my fav yoshi.
17: WTP - sneaky was scared to dedede ditto you, as should everyone lol. you came close to beatin him, next tourney stop sandbagging tho.
17: RalphCecil - another played i gotta talk to. we should talk next tourneyy.
17: Stewyian - lost to a link. im done. nah but rly, fun carpoolin. next time im expectin more from ya.

-- Pools Cut Offs --
25: PidgeZero - we finally did the kirby hammer only thing, and i winnn. best kirbyyyyyy.
25: Beegs - ggs in pools, ur marth was just to rusty from pm, next time i wanna play ya legit, you came close to winnin game 2.
25: KSEV - thanks for drivin us. you carried stewy in dubz, just keep practicing. you have potential.
33: Cam - MY BOY CAM. ok it was true i was a bit salty at you in dubz, but you redeemed urself in singles. watching you play was so hype. maybe you arent so wifi afterall...
33: FalconFist - fun games in pools, game 1 was closee
41: TheKiest - fun tourney. it doesnt deserve all the hate its gettin. there were some problems, but they are fixable. next tourney is gonna be betterrr

Shoutouts to Steak and Shake for having good food, even tho i didnt get a shake. shoutouts to the pro waitress.
shoutouts to me sleeping on the floor at coltens. nah but really fun times there.
shoutouts to some girl feeling ori's arm from carrying a TV. ori gettin the bitties.
shoutouts to the shoutouts i missed. time to practiceee

:wario:

Carls493

Smash Ace
NNID
Carls493
3DS FC
5000-2571-4495
Here's some late shoutouts:

Carls' Shoutouts

Al- *coughcough* I mean Axis: Good job winning 3 events. Your :falcon::M is nasty. Your :olimar: gave me trouble, too.
V115: Good job winning 2nd place in Singles. You're a Salem in training.
Zinoto: Nice seeing you yet again. I couldn't handle your :diddy: good in Double since Ori's :olimar: was on my tail, too. GGs.
LOE1:

^ This image was more difficult to get than it needed to be.
I now also see another rival in you since I've nearly shown that I can beat you. I just need to not get so aggressive, & I was hoping that I could use your :wario:'s fully-charged Waft to get back on Frigate at the end. I'm sure I could've survived that if I DI'd it.

Shugo: I STILL didn't get to face you. Unless a forgot about a past tourney. :/
Meek: I thought that I could handle your :sonic: better if I used :kirby2:. I'm not doing that again, lol.
Ori: Nice seeing you again & GGs in Brawl & P:M. Keep up that :olimar: & :ganondorf::M!
MX: GGs, again. WHY DO WE KEEP FACING EACH OTHER IN BRACKET?!
Mister Eric: GGs. Really, I didn't want to face :popo: in Game 1, but I realize that MY :sonic: can't handle :rob:, either. Since I beat your :popo: with :fox: in Game 3, anyway, I expect that this will only make you improve on them.
SoulPech: Good **** beating Roller with Jigglypuff! Something I could only dream of doing right now.
Clowsui: Good job making it out of the pools. Keep on keeping up that :marth:!
Past: GGs in pools. Nice :wolf:.
Luminoth: I didn't get to face you this time. :/
BeanBurrito: GGs. I can't help it that :dk2: is a big target. Those are usually :fox:'s better MUs, lol.
Cam: Your :falcon: is intense!
Nicolobe: GGs. Nice :yoshi2:. MX helped me with the MU a lot of times before.
Alfastrike: Thanks for coming out to this. Just keep improving.
TheKiest: Thanks for the tourney. It really sucks that it didn't go the way you wanted it to. Your issue with work that day reminded me of something similar happening to Pech that kept him from going to one of Ori's tourneys. At least now we know what we can do to make the next tourney better.

-------

Extra Shoutouts to:

Pidgezero_one: Thanks for visiting the MW again. Thanks for the hug, too, you tall wenir! :p
Hanky Panky: GGs in P:M. Thanks for reminding me how strong :peachmelee: is in Melee. I should've stayed :warioc::M instead of :sonic::M.
Juushichi: GGs in P:M. I was SO CLOSE to beating you in that game. I'll do better next time.

Aaron: My best friend. The guy I personally invited for this. Thanks for showing up and meeting more Smashers at Donatos even though you didn't stay for long. It's also too bad that you didn't get a chance to play anyone while you were here. I'm gonna try more to help you out with getting involved in these events more often, though.

Carls: It's seriously time to consider trying to reach the Top 5 next time! To think that I'm RIGHT UNDER THE CASH PLACINGS FOR BRAWL SINGLES & DOUBLES!

LOE1

Smash Lord
:scared:

i strongly believe you can beat me, and im legit scared :|

lou4222

Smash Lord
I really enjoyed myself at this tournament. It was great to get back into the scene after not going to a tournament in almost a year. I hope to attend all of these as long as Kiest has them. The story of this tournament for me was not being able to close out. I choked numerous time in double (sorry Fizzle) and choked in numerous singles sets. Next time I will do better though!

For all people who were unsatisfied with this tournament, I would strongly encourage giving Kiest another shot. Kiest is one of the strongest TOs the smash scene has and has been around since the beginning of the game. There were some things out of his control this time (crappy TIO program and getting called into work) that wont happen next time. Also its on the community to bring some set ups next time. Kiest doesnt own 20 tvs, so that on us to bring them next time. If the community does that I have no doubt the next Rain will be sweet.

Player-1

Smash Legend
so there's no LGL?

'bout to show how broken diddy's planking is.

Just reviewed the stream with P-1, lol.

93 ledgegrabs at Game Three.

RAIN
RESULTS

Brawl Singles
3: Player-1 ($52.00)
4: Zinoto ($30.00)

1: Axis ($177.00)- good stuff on your first tournament win, i'm proud to be your first tournament loss too. Read the rules next time ;). Armageddon rematch
2: VII5 ($82.00)- Good stuff, you definitely played better than our MM at Apex, but I'll get you next time
3: Player-1 ($52.00)- da bess
4: Zinoto ($30.00)-da worss
5: LOE1 ($15.00)- :bowser2:
5: Shugo ($15.00)- Stealing my partner and ****
7: Carls- good talking to you, we shoulda played fox is free
7: MeekSpeedy- good talking to you too and we also should have played
9: Ori- GGs bro, **** olimar though
9: MX- GGs, top 3 Yoshi for sure
9: Eddie G- GGs, shame I couldn't take your money this tournament
13: SoulPech- GGs, your jiggz is really good. Thanks for the temporary housing and the ride
17: Fish- GGs bro, nice talking to you and stuff
17: Xatic- Thanks for streaming the tournament
17: Clowsui- Thanks for finding me housing and giving me rides and stuff, I really appreciate it. Teams was fun too
17: WuVs- Thanks for steaming too
17: RalphCecil- GGs in doubles
17: Stewyian-^^

-- Pools Cut Offs --
25: Tako- Sad that you left, woulda liked to have played
25: PidgeZero- Good talking and commentating with you
25: KSEV- GGs
33: Nicolobe- Thanks for the housing, I didn't really see you at the tournament to say bye and stuff :/
41: TheKiest- Thanks for the housing. Even though you have high standards and some stuff went wrong, I still enjoyed myself at your tournament. I'll try to come back out to a future tournament.

My criticism for the tournament though is ya to definitely have a LGL. I didn't mind the stage list though, PS2 was the only one questionable for me. I don't like hearing stuff like "welp, not coming to one of these tournaments again because of this and that ruleset" or something. As long as you had fun you should keep coming even if you don't agree with the rulset, just be vocal about your opinion though of what the ruleset should be. And if you didn't have fun playing with the ruleset I hope you at least had fun coming out and being able to see everybody especially the people from out of region that don't come out much. I wish my region was as active as this one. Also, it is kinda annoying hearing "p1 beat ally because of no lgl". I definitely felt like on game 3 I was going even/outplaying him up to the major ledge camping on the last stock". The no LGL certainly did help secure the win, though. Ally is a clutch player and definitely could have pulled some **** out of his *** to make the comeback, but the no LGL didn't really give him the chance. You guys can have your own opinion about it though.

Top Bottom