• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rain - Columbus, Ohio. All Smash Related Games - February 23rd, 2013 - Columbus, Ohio

Xzax Kasrani

Smash Master
Im debating on coming to this or to upstate NY for a tournament...they are both the same distance, so if anyone good wants to team let me know ASAP

W.C.N

Smash Lord
xzax stop trying to go to OH tourneys their mostly MK banned

got to MI instead

Xzax Kasrani

Smash Master
i dont really care about mk banned tournaments. the other ones i was mad because Zero showed me those threads but he cant go with me cuz mk is banned.

Zinoto

Smash Lord
Im debating on coming to this or to upstate NY for a tournament...they are both the same distance, so if anyone good wants to team let me know ASAP
STARTERS:
Battlefield
Final Destination
Lylat Cruise
Smashville
Yoshi’s Island (Brawl)
Castle Siege
Pokemon Stadium 1

COUNTERPICKS
Battleship Halbred
Delfino Plaza
Frigate Orpheon
Rainbow Cruise
Pokemon Stadium 2

Lol before you decide to drive to this expecting something like other tournaments.

Zinoto and V115, $10 mm each?

:phone:
If I go, sure. Might just end up going to Lordy's instead.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Hmm these counterpicks...hadn't even informed myself of those. I honestly thought the days of RC, Brinstar, and PS2 were long behind us.

nicalobe

Smash Journeyman
If anyone needs housing, I have an apartment about 15 minutes from the venue. Let me know.

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
no brinstar?

damn, my fav counterpick is the only one not there

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
I'm bad but does anyone else who's bad want to team?

I don't want to travel to another tournament just to not have a dubs partner

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
I have a partner in mind but idk if he's confirmed yet, so you can be my backup partner.
Who do you play in dubs? Just Falco?

Also I'm getting my revenge on you at this >: )

Xzax Kasrani

Smash Master
rainbow cruise is the worst ****ing stage on this list, actually its tied with ps2. everyone who wants those stages on ****ing suck at this game.

KassandraNova

Smash Master
3DS FC
4167-5079-1850
I would love to have PictoChat on since we are adding PS2 on here.

I mean might as well right? :D PictoChat is so silly and fun. Haha. xD

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Xzax come to this because there's this sexy *** Peach main from Cleveland who says he can take your money on the Apex ruleset. You should probably come just to embarrass him on livestream.

@ Thread - I kind of agree with the liberal stuff holding us back though, especially since so many locations are adopting similar rulesets and stagelists and the players are getting better and better at fighting MK (in an aggressive manner, even). I mean...I play a lot of wifi with solid people so I'm doing alright in that department, but the region already struggles enough because of how few and far between our events are, why add to the dilemma by limiting our exposure to the challenge before us (especially Ohio as of late)? Just something to consider for the future.

SoulPech

Smash Master
i mean,

good players play on the same 8 stages with MK legal, but good players refuse to play on more stages with a banned character? I would think that would test a good player's skill and adaptation to a ruleset. I dunno. That's how I feel. Regardless of the ruleset and mk legal/banned, still going because Keist's tournies are always great and are super hype.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
There's adaptation, and then there's the merry-go-round chasefest we all know as Rainbow Cruise. I can't really cite any other stage with the same magnitude of "come get me!" polarization other than a PS1/PS2 transformation in the circumstance where one player has a lead and there is very little time on the clock. Even without MK present...Wario and even stupid characters like Jiggs are going to have a field day. If not, best believe I'll be picking Wario and contributing to said abuse.

Top Bottom