• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rain - Columbus, Ohio. All Smash Related Games - February 23rd, 2013 - Columbus, Ohio

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Hell no p-1 LOL, I don't even enjoy that stage. Apex ruleset your Diddy vs my Peach, you accept?

:phone:

W.C.N

Smash Lord
You can't complain about run and catch me when your talking about brawl it seems any stage that favors floaty chars is considered bannable, like omg falco can't spam lasers all game this needs to go... Can someone name a stage that helps chars who prefer the air over ground?

I can only think of halberd and delphino which would be the next 2 stages to go during a stage shrink, and they both technically have a walk off on 1 of their transformations

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Yeah, it's called Smashville. Or Battlefield. Learn how to run away better if that's what you prefer...Anti seemed to do just fine with that strategy against 9B in their set. Only - he ran in a methodical manner to pick and choose his timing of attack (but in as neutral of a setting as possible, somewhere where he could have just as easily gotten opened up for a mistake or over-commit), not in a near endless loop of a stage that usually favors the person doing the running and makes a match comparable to a round of Mario Kart (except no blue shells to save you lmao). The stage takes a toll on the PvP aspect of the game, and though I realize this game is certainly more of a PvPvS format, I still believe RC demonstrates the aspect of stage influence in excess. That, and I personally don't just want to chase, chase, chase the whole damn match lol. If you secure a lead anywhere else, by all means make me chase you if you prefer, but I (as a competitor) would at least like the opportunity to put your defensive tactic to an actual test. That's my stance. RC is long gone from the majority metagame and should remain so.

@ P-1 I meant in tournament, and not even against you LMAO. I know you got that Reflex + jank stage exp son. Too stronk for me.

W.C.N

Smash Lord
Isn't meek speedy coming to this, your going to have to chase chase chase all day and you can't catch up because he's the fastest thing alive

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
1) Player Priority is determined if it can not be agreed on. (See below for details)
2) Each Team selects one controller port to use for each Player.
3) Each Team selects one character for each Player. A double blind pick may be called by any player.
4) The first game is played on a Stage selected from the Starter Stage List either by mutual consent or through the Stage Striking Method. The order of stage striking will be 2-3-2-1 (Team 1 strikes two stages, followed by Team 2 striking three stages, followed by Team 1 striking 2 stages, with Team 2 then striking one of the two remaining stages).
5) The first match is played.
6) The team that lost the previous match may opt to re-pick controller ports (with themselves picking first).
7) The Team that won the previous match may announce one “Stage Ban” if they have not already done so in this set.
8) The Team that lost the previous match announces the stage for the next match from BOTH the Starter AND the Counterpick Stage List (Thus 2 Bans). Any Stage named as a “Stage Ban” by the either Team may not be selected. No Stage may be used by a Team that has already won on that Stage in this set.
Once all stages have been played on/banned, then striking is done all over again (applies to finals only!)
9) The Team that won the previous match chooses one character for each Player.
10) The Team that lost the previous match chooses one character for each Player.
11) The next match is played.
Repeat steps 6-11 for all proceeding matches.
Where are people hearing that you get 2 stage bans?
The green part clearly says that each player gets 1 ban whereas the blue part is confusing as ****, doesn't explain anything and contradicts the green part. wut ._.

Player-1

Smash Legend
IDK where nicalobe is, but I have to get picked up from Cincinnati friday night (Chi said he could do it, but he doesn't think he can house me or something, he said we might drive to columbus that night, but we need housing there then). Then Sunday I can stay in either Columbus or Cincinnati b/c I bought a ticket from columbus to cincinnati in case i couldn't get a ride there, then i can bus back to atlanta from cincinnati

MeekSpeedy

Smash Ace
I would love to have PictoChat on since we are adding PS2 on here.

I mean might as well right? :D PictoChat is so silly and fun. Haha. xD
I agree. Pictochat is so fun. :D Make it legal pls.

Isn't meek speedy coming to this, your going to have to chase chase chase all day and you can't catch up because he's the fastest thing alive

GOTTA GO FAST

SoulPech

Smash Master
The issue is that the ppl providing housing are full, like Me and Keist. Possibly, you might want to ask Keist to see if he has any availalble room since he mentioned the Canada players are staying in a hotel now? (unsure). Other than that, you options are nicalobe, which is a smasher in columbus, or Chi.

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
We're not staying in a hotel but we don't need anywhere to sleep since we're travelling overnight both ways.
We would, however, like a place to chill before the tourney (between 5:30 am and when the venue opens) and after the tourney (between when the venue closes and 1:45 am Sunday morning). Chi said he might be picking us up from the bus terminal and bringing us to Nicalobe's place and we're all gonna chill there until the venue opens (assuming Nicalobe is okay with it obv)

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
if all else fails john explained the transit system to me =)

TheKiest

Smash Champion
I have updated the typo in my ruleset.

It is two bans: One Neutral, One CP.

Also I have free slots (see the second post.)
First to PM me gets those slots.

Nicolobe lives the closest to the venue (I think it might even be walking distance).
Please PM him and he will respond back to you.

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
Sooo after purchasing bus tickets, I find out that the 1 class that was restricting me from arriving Friday night, and therfore not having to take an overnight bus, is cancelled this friday. DERRRRRRPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

Top Bottom