• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rain - Columbus, Ohio. All Smash Related Games - February 23rd, 2013 - Columbus, Ohio

stewyian

Smash Ace
STAGE LIST
STARTERS:
Battlefield
Final Destination
Lylat Cruise
Smashville
Yoshi’s Island (Brawl)
Battleship Halberd
Pokemon Stadium 1

COUNTERPICKS
Castle Siege
Delfino Plaza
Frigate Orpheon
Rainbow Cruise
Brinstar

this stage list sucks this tourney is gonna be lame

JTsm

Smash Master
Halberd as a starter. LOL

Brinstar, RC CP stages.... LOL.

Not going anyways, but I didn't think we were living in 2008.

What's The Point

Smash Master
@Chicago Car: I can house you guys now that Canada no longer needs housing.
Before all the stupid stage stuff, does Canada no longer need housing because they are no longer coming or because they have other housing/travel plans? I want people who want to come because of Meek (Canada). If Canada is still coming I want dibs on the housing if Chicago doesn't take it.

Edit - Well, maybe not, because L_Cancel seems to have changed his mind because of the stages.

JTsm

Smash Master
I actually feel bad for Canada. Going out of their way to travel a really long way for a **** stage list. Cmon guys.

Roller

Smash Legend
oh.

I don't care too much about the halberd starter. I don't think it should be one. But it's just gonna get struck, so w/e.

Brinstar+RC may actually push me to go to the West MI tourney over this one.

TheKiest

Smash Champion
Xatic is correct about Canada: Still coming, but don't need housing due to how the Bus Schedule works out.

UPDATE:
Have Replaced Brinstar with PS2.
Have Switched Halbred to Counterpick and Castle Siege to Starter.
Stalling Rule includes Wario Bike and Drill Rush Stall (which I thought the Stalling rule covered)
Project M has been moved to 2:00 PM, and PSA has been moved to 8:00 PM (Thus the two have switched)

When deciding this Stage List (like every Stage List I've done at tournaments), I always push for just a tad more since I am a believer that Stages do make Smash what it is. Also remember to take note that
A) MK is banned
B) Players/Teams get 2 stage bans: one from the neutral list, one from the CP list.
C) While this is a "more liberal list", this is not MY most liberal list. You'll notice that this rarely affects placements in the Midwest or people's overall enjoyment of what is known as "Keist Events". The players who are the best still win.

W.C.N

Smash Lord
*****es ***** about a stage list

And at mr Eric I don't know about mks drill rush thing but for wario you do your bike when the stage is going down to the boat and you stay off screen until you get off your bike/the end

Krystedz did it to me at Siis6 he ended it by dieing after I asked if it was illegal, it was he said it wasn't

:phone:

Roller

Smash Legend
I actually started placing significantly higher and beating better players at exactly the same time MI stopped using liberal stage lists.

It was not a coincidence.

Roller

Smash Legend
There was no "IC main clause" in his post...

Also. While I'm still not the biggest fan of this list. With Brinstar banned, my objections will no longer affect my attendance.

So I'll be there. Assuming WTP drives.

*Brawl singles only

^consider that my pre-reg, too lazy to get the correct formula on my phone.

L_Cancel

Smash Champion
Idk, my main reason fro wanting to go would be to visit Ben O'Connor and MJG and hang with fellow MI smashers. I have to wait until Sunday and see what my work gives me anyway, I won't bail just because of the stage list. I'll see...

TheKiest

Smash Champion
I actually started placing significantly higher and beating better players at exactly the same time MI stopped using liberal stage lists.

It was not a coincidence.
I guess I more meant that when looking at one tournament with liberal stages, it doesn't really affect placements. I seed players the same regardless of said stage lists, and it's usually just as accurate (upsets happen at every tournament)

I like try out the new. If it was the other way around (where liberal is preferred), I'd prolly do the opposite as well.

Also, I'm having problems finding a 64 Ruleset...

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
You can safely assume that nobody from Canada (or Ontario anyway, idk what Ally's doing lol) needs to spend the night at anyone's house, but Meek Pidge and I may need a place to chill before the venue opens/after the venue closes, since we arrive in Columbus at 5:30 am on Saturday and leave at 1:45 am on Sunday.

Also, Pidge and I will thoroughly enjoy this stagelist.

TheKiest

Smash Champion
UPDATE:

Smash64 Ruleset:
Apex Rules

I have picked out the Secret and Mystery Event Games:
Format for Secret Event: Double Elim, Best of three. Loser May Switch Character. Random Stage
Format for Mystery Event: Single Elim Best of 3.
Both Tournament Games will not be revealed until Registration is CLOSED for those events.

Garzal

Smash Rookie
I, Garzal, will walk in the rain from Columbus to play Melee Singles, Melee Doubles(maybe), and Project M singles with OSU Melee.

Top Bottom