• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rain - Columbus, Ohio. All Smash Related Games - February 23rd, 2013 - Columbus, Ohio

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
recent development as of yesterday. gf is having her birthday shenanigans on friday and a girls night thing on saturday, so i'm free for this. you can ride with me and the rest of cincy, but i still can't do housing. >_<
Hanging/housing was like the only reason I'd come, **** smash :p

TheKiest

Smash Champion
Seeding pools at an event does not take multiple hours... Hyperbole detracts from any validity in the point.
It's not just for pools but for all events. And for my style, it does. (ok maybe like... 2 hours overall tops.)

Not to challenge your TO skills for one second Kiest, but will a Donatos be able to hold all of us? I cant wait for this tourney though. Its probably been about a year since my last one.
Donatos is larger than the Kakuto Series venues and since I won't have FGC players I'm confident this can hold an 80 man brawl event easily. 100 might be possible if I drop an event or 2.

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
Update from Canada: Myself, V115, and Meekspeedy are confirmed! However we'll be arriving at 5:30am and leaving at 1:45 am and will therefore not need housing. We may need some assistance getting around by means of rides or help with bus schedules though. :)

If more of Ontario decides to go I'll keep you posted, cause they may need housing.

Konrad-QD

Smash Journeyman
I AM SO SAD THIS IS NOT HAPPENING A WEEK LATER! bah I've wanted something to happen in Columbus for so long and when it does I'm out of town!

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
I, pidgezero_one, will walk in the rain from Canada for SSB64, Brawl, and PSABR with MY N****Z

lou4222

Smash Lord
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm glad I'm not the only one who will have to shake off some rust. Are any other smashfielders coming?
Markus might come, but I have a feeling he will have to work or have other plans. Hit him up and tell him he should go. I am working on him, but hearing from you couldnt hurt either.

Kiest, go ahead and mark Fizzle and I down as a team.

W.C.N

Smash Lord
Whew at least I don't have to worry about actually going now

:phone:

What's The Point

Smash Master
is there a car going from AA
As I've said I'll decide if I want to go next week. You can assume I'll go like usual, but I always wait till week of in case I decide I rather stay home that weekend. The biggest problem is that it would probably have to be a one day drive. Only a 3 hour drive but I still don't like them.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
So far there is only one car from MI going

Ksev Mobile
- Ksev
- Stewy
- Ori
- Zinoto
- Ally
- WuvS
- Xatic

Also, Dakota, Scott, Ally, Zinoto. I need to know your schedule for Thursday/Friday. Since I will be getting you all before we leave from Livonia.

SoulPech

Smash Master

Ksev Mobile
- Ksev
- Stewy
- Ori
- Zinoto
- Ally
- WuvS
- Xatic

Also, Dakota, Scott, Ally, Zinoto. I need to know your schedule for Thursday/Friday. Since I will be getting you all before we leave from Livonia.

So these are the lucky people I'm feeding. I can cook burritos or just a regular breakfast.

I'll get tortillas just for WuVS

FF WuvS

Smash Ace
NNID
Lostmagic103

Ksev Mobile
- Ksev
- Stewy
- Ori
- Zinoto
- Ally
- WuvS
- Xatic

UHHH.....
I have AM classes on Friday, but I'm out at 10, so like, yeah, I can get picked up at 11 or whatever (cuz I don't care if I skip my PM class.)

So these are the lucky people I'm feeding. I can cook burritos or just a regular breakfast.

I'll get tortillas just for WuVS

Thank you <3 That's all I require for breakfast.

Zinoto

Smash Lord
What's the ruleset for this?

Also I guess I should preregister now:

I, Zinoto, will walk in the rain from MI for brawl singles, brawl doubles, and project m singles.

KassandraNova

Smash Master
3DS FC
4167-5079-1850
I'm trying to have best chance of winning actually without having to try harder so I'll pick whoever is best to me.
I read this post, and I remembered the time that Tyr teamed with M2K for a local event and they got 3rd. LOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLL

How do you get 3rd with m2k in doubles at a local? hahahahahahahahahaha
Oh man, I needed a good laugh.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
...me and Atomsk got 3rd at a local.

Sure it was my 1st actual tournament...

And we lost because Jokers C4 went off and killed both of us.

And because Nicole killed me 3 times in 3 minutes.

TheKiest

Smash Champion
MIDWEST RULESET Brawl: Rain Ruleset

General Rules

3 Stocks
8 Minute Time Limit
Items set to “Off” and “None”
Pause set to “Off”
All infinites and chain grabs are legal until 300%.

-- The act of stalling is banned: stalling is intentionally making the game unplayable: Such as becoming invisible, continuing infinites, chain grabs, or uninterruptible moves past 300%, and reaching a position that your opponent can never reach you.

-- Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.
-- The winner will be declared by what the game says in all situations, except for when players are presented with sudden death:
In the event of a match going to time, the winner will be determined by who has less percent (stock difference still takes priority but will be shown in the results screen).
If the match ends with both players dying at the same time (either coincidentally or via suicide move) or if time ran out with both players at equal percent, a one stock three minute rematch will be played on the same stage. The only other exception to this is the game ending from a Bowser, Ganon, Kirby, Wario, or Dedede Suicide tactic, where the initiator of the move wins.

Modified Doubles Rules

Team Attack set to “On”
Life stealing is allowed.
In the event of a game going to time and both teams have an equal amount of combined stocks, then whichever team has a lower combined percent is declared the winner.

If a player is using the character Pokemon Trainer, Lucario, or Sonic, either team may request that team colors be changed to make it easier to tell the difference between team players.

Set Procedure (for Singles and Doubles)

1) Player Priority is determined if it can not be agreed on. (See below for details)
2) Each Team selects one controller port to use for each Player.
3) Each Team selects one character for each Player. A double blind pick may be called by any player.
4) The first game is played on a Stage selected from the Starter Stage List either by mutual consent or through the Stage Striking Method. The order of stage striking will be 2-3-2-1 (Team 1 strikes two stages, followed by Team 2 striking three stages, followed by Team 1 striking 2 stages, with Team 2 then striking one of the two remaining stages).
5) The first match is played.
6) The team that lost the previous match may opt to re-pick controller ports (with themselves picking first).
7) The Team that won the previous match may announce one “Stage Ban” if they have not already done so in this set.
8) The Team that lost the previous match announces the stage for the next match from BOTH the Starter AND the Counterpick Stage List (Thus 2 Bans). Any Stage named as a “Stage Ban” by the either Team may not be selected. No Stage may be used by a Team that has already won on that Stage in this set.
Once all stages have been played on/banned, then striking is done all over again (applies to finals only!)
9) The Team that won the previous match chooses one character for each Player.
10) The Team that lost the previous match chooses one character for each Player.
11) The next match is played.
Repeat steps 6-11 for all proceeding matches.

Determining Player Priority
If there is a dispute in controller port selection or initiating Stage Strike use the following method:
Teams will use a random method such as Rock-Paper-Scissors, Coin Flip, or Game and Watch Judgment, where the winner selects either first choice in port selection or first choice in stage striking. Whichever team does not receive first choice in port selection will be compensated with first choice in stage striking.
Note: In Doubles, port selection is ordered 1-2-2-1 fashion (with Team-1 having first choice in controller slot select, Team-2 having both second and third choice, and the final slot going to Team-1).

STAGE LIST
STARTERS:
Battlefield
Final Destination
Lylat Cruise
Smashville
Yoshi’s Island (Brawl)
Battleship Halberd
Pokemon Stadium 1

COUNTERPICKS
Castle Siege
Delfino Plaza
Frigate Orpheon
Rainbow Cruise
Brinstar

@Chicago Car: I can house you guys now that Canada no longer needs housing.

W.C.N

Smash Lord
Just to be clear warios bike glitch on RC counts as something where you can never reach him right? Because you can't until the ship is gone

Top Bottom