• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

R@vYn's monthlies at Play' N ' Trade Ft.Lauderdale (Cancelled)

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
I... don't think any of the matches that Juan and I won got saved. Although, all of the matches that we lost in did. =_=

nevershootme

Smash Master
polt, to me that was not a good set at all and i know better. and i know i was playing like crap beforehand entering singles (which i should not even enter at all seeing that i'm gonna get a crap bracket and i was right about it), not to mention considering that 25-50% of tv's may have lag (which i probably not taking that factor in since most of the tv's were configured properly)

gindler, don't underestimate serg... at all.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
You know, I find it weird that me, Nick Riddle, and Master Raven have this sort of triangle relationship going on:

I beat Nick Riddle
Nick Riddle beats Master Raven
Master Raven beats me

...TIME PARADOX! @_@

Gindler

Smash Champion
polt, to me that was not a good set at all and i know better. and i know i was playing like crap beforehand entering singles (which i should not even enter at all seeing that i'm gonna get a crap bracket and i was right about it), not to mention considering that 25-50% of tv's may have lag (which i probably not taking that factor in since most of the tv's were configured properly)

gindler, don't underestimate serg... at all.
Oh I won't underestimate serg. As I said I heard he's amazing

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
i did so friggin horrible this time :\ **** man. i either sd'd for no friggin reason or just gave up i dunno what happened :\ something about pnt tournies makes me angry on the inside. well zero ping will be better for me. they dont have chair johns xD and lee lol i was 3 stocking calibur until i ****ing decided to do crazy **** and ended up being stupid :\ i was acting like a super camping diddy :p ( playing DC so many god **** times i have to play like that against kirby otherwise lol chaingrab and lol b sucking :\) good **** tho

i did really well in friendlies not so much in tourney. good **** tho

edit:
GO TEAM BANANA POPSICLES U SHALL FEAR ITS NAME SOON
DFEAR: I was that yellow... I mean... super saiyen Kirby, but I don't remember getting 3 stocked, 2 stocked, yeah. I just got extremely lucky and barely won those rounds. I'd blame the mess ups on the non existant A/C, no chairs, and hd tv lag for your mistimings. Good job camping though, that was hard as hell to get through with the HD lag.

I should of played more people at this tournament, I only played a small handful of people, I kind of wasn't feeling well, couldn't concentrate as well as I could in the previous tourny's. I guess I should stop listening to my music as I'm playing the tourney matches. lol. Oh well, I always learn something new each tournament.

To the people who are posting videos of the tournament, you can upload my matches against whoever, I need to see what I did wrong against certain people... and also any other matches. Hopefully a Galeon vs Shaky match was recorded, I'd like to see that again. lol.

Master Raven

Smash Master
Well actually I'm not dropping him 100% but I really wanna use Snake seriously in tourney play so I might as well play both lol

DFEAR

Smash Hero
well since ally won 1st o-o it would seem appropriate xD. double fair spike =P

Advent Lee

Smash Ace
I'm dying to see the vids from this :)

- My team matches
- Me getting wrecked by Yoshi lolz
- Me vs Chops was REALLY good
- Chops vs Shaky looks to be interesting too

-L-

OmniOstrich

Smash Lord
Sorry for trolling, but could someone tell me the chars of the top8 in singles and top4 in doublse? i saw the brackets but i dont feel like searching everyone >_>

DFEAR

Smash Hero
zerosuit/marth/bowser/snake(2)/pit/pickachu/yoshi for singles

@advent we need to smash together man.

Coffee™

I need it....
I got owned by R@yvn and Chaz, R@yvn you improved a lot since the last time I played you and I was impressed but watch out because I know how to beat you now (except your ledgecamping... ledgecamping w/ pit is unbeatable), and Chaz... I'll get you next time ;) oh well, at least I won a few MMs
Lol, we'll see how things go next time. Good stuff in our matches though. I thought you were gonna get me on Brinstar xD.

Btw , R@vyn was all that mcdonalds for you? lol
Of course.:)

Shoutouts:

McGriddle: I think I know what to do now. I'll be victorious vs you next time. Good stuff as usual though.

Chaz: You make me hate marth so much lol, but I'll get over it. Good **** as usual too.

Serg: You are too legit!!! Doubles was amazing. **** happens, we should have at least gotten third.

ESAM: Good matches with you. I was a bit surprised I beat you but I wanna make it a common thing :)

Juan: Good stuff in friendlies. Stick to your main and stop having matchup johns though :p

Dfear: CAMP MORE!!!

Lambchops: Ah, Sensei Chops.

Lee: You may be rusty, but you're still the best FL diddy I've played. We must play more.

@ Everyone. I'll get vids up as soon as I can. It won't be that much sinceI dont have a lot of replays from this tourney but I'll upload what I have.
Next tourney is June 13th and MK will be unbanned for that so prepare for it!

Master Raven

Smash Master
Rayvn, check for any replays with a green Snake. All the replays I saved of me were with Dfear and whoever the name of the white Falco player was. I also saved a replay of ESAM 3-stocking me in the first round. >_>

Well I'm gonna prep my MK for this, but expect a bit of Snake too.

nevershootme

Smash Master
Rayvn, check for any replays with a green Snake. All the replays I saved of me were with Dfear and whoever the name of the white Falco player was. I also saved a replay of ESAM 3-stocking me in the first round. >_>

Well I'm gonna prep my MK for this, but expect a bit of Snake too.
heh should we attempt to team up again now that mk is back in? or u have someone in mind

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
Sorry for trolling, but could someone tell me the chars of the top8 in singles and top4 in doublse? i saw the brackets but i dont feel like searching everyone >_>
Doubles Results

1: Triple Baka (Nick Riddle and Galeon) (ZSS and Lucas)
2: **** & Balls (Lee and Lambchops) (Diddy and Snake)
3: Two Eggs and an Omelete (Juan and Poltergust) (Double Yoshi)
4: 2birds&aTurtle (Serg + R@vyn) (Bowser and Pit)

Singles Results

1: Nick Riddle (Zero Suit Samus)
2: Chaz (Marth)
3: Serg (Bowser)
4: Lambchops (Snake)
5: R@vyn (Pit)
5: ESAM (Pikachu)
7: Juan (Yoshi, Pit)
7: Master Raven (Snake)

There you go.

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
R@vyn, there should be a rule where you can't go back to the character select screen once you tell your opponent what stage you want to go on for your counterpick and once you load into the stage select screen. I had someone switch characters on me once I told him what stage I want to play on... and I don't think that was very fair cause he knew his main character isn't so good on that particular stage, therefore he switched to his secondary. I didn't think of it too much then, was kind of spacing out, but now that I think of it, I realized it was a cheap trick.

Coffee™

I need it....
R@vyn, there should be a rule where you can't go back to the character select screen once you tell your opponent what stage you want to go on for your counterpick and once you load into the stage select screen. I had someone switch characters on me once I told him what stage I want to play on... and I don't think that was very fair cause he knew his main character isn't so good on that particular stage, therefore he switched to his secondary. I didn't think of it too much then, was kind of spacing out, but now that I think of it, I realized it was a cheap trick.
You do realise that is how the counterpick system works right?

To quote the first page.

- 1st match, characters are chosen with double blind picks. After that, advanced slob picks - Loser of 1st match pick stages, the winner of the 1st match picks character, then loser of 1st match picks character. Continue this as necessary until the set reaches completion. Standard sets are best of 3, finals and semifinals are best of 5.

OmniOstrich

Smash Lord
Doubles Results

1: Triple Baka (Nick Riddle and Galeon) (ZSS and Lucas)
2: **** & Balls (Lee and Lambchops) (Diddy and Snake)
3: Two Eggs and an Omelete (Juan and Poltergust) (Double Yoshi)
4: 2birds&aTurtle (Serg + R@vyn) (Bowser and Pit)

Singles Results

1: Nick Riddle (Zero Suit Samus)
2: Chaz (Marth)
3: Serg (Bowser)
4: Lambchops (Snake)
5: R@vyn (Pit)
5: ESAM (Pikachu)
7: Juan (Yoshi, Snake)
7: Master Raven (Snake)

There you go.
I'd be really interested in seeing the double yoshi doubles set matches, as well as serg's bowser vs chops snake and chaz's marth.

Have these players done as well in MK included tournaments? Or did banning MK make them viable for the first time?

Gindler

Smash Champion
This made me LOL and yeah as R@vyn said that's exactly how the counterpick system works. I don't agree with it myself but hey it's always been the rule.

Master Raven

Smash Master
All those players can hold their own outside of MK-free tournies, though in Chaz's case he usually seconds MK or Snake because Marth does pretty bad vs MK.

Juanyboy3

Smash Apprentice
Ive decided on taking in another secondary main
DIddy kong :D
now if i could only get my wii fixed XD

btw R@vyn ... i do not have matchup johns....ok maybe i do against marth lol
i shouldve gone mario instead of sending yoshi in to get two stocked XD

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
I'd be really interested in seeing the double yoshi doubles set matches, as well as serg's bowser vs chops snake and chaz's marth.

Have these players done as well in MK included tournaments? Or did banning MK make them viable for the first time?
With MK they're pretty solid players. (MK isn't really... common in FL for some reason) Serg has beaten two of the three top Snake players in FL with his Bowser. (HRNut and Chops more than once)

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
You do realise that is how the counterpick system works right?
To quote the first page.
Those kind of rules will just get more players to pick MK, you do realize that, don't you? Since MK has the best match ups in the game. No offense, but that rule is EXTREMELY FLAWED!!!

This made me LOL and yeah as R@vyn said that's exactly how the counterpick system works. I don't agree with it myself but hey it's always been the rule.
Just because it's always been the rule doesn't mean it shouldn't change. I used to play Melee competitively, and there were no rules like this. I don't agree with it either. Now since I know of this stupid rule, I'm never announcing my counterpick to my opponent again, I'm just going to pick the stage without saying anything! Other people should do the same.

Gindler

Smash Champion
Those kind of rules will just get more players to pick MK, you do realize that, don't you? Since MK has the best match ups in the game. No offense, but that rule is EXTREMELY FLAWED!!!

Just because it's always been the rule doesn't mean it shouldn't change. I used to play Melee competitively, and there were no rules like this. I don't agree with it either. Now since I know of this stupid rule, I'm never announcing my counterpick to my opponent again, I'm just going to pick the stage without saying anything!
I think you're supposed to tell them what you're picking. I always do anyway. I've had people choose a CP withtout telling me before but I don't care since there's only one level I really hate and I always just ban that.

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
I think you're supposed to tell them what you're picking. I always do anyway. I've had people choose a CP withtout telling me before but I don't care since there's only one level I really hate and I always just ban that.
I wouldn't care if people didn't tell me their CP and just picked it. Cause it is their counterpick stage after all. I'm not telling anyone my CP, I'm just going to be a jerk about it because I hate that stupid rule.

In that case, why not just pick MK on the first match and stay with him? :laugh:
I like to choose different characters, I don't like choosing MK all the time.

OmniOstrich

Smash Lord

Just because it's always been the rule doesn't mean it shouldn't change. I used to play Melee competitively, and there were no rules like this. I don't agree with it either. Now since I know of this stupid rule, I'm never announcing my counterpick to my opponent again, I'm just going to pick the stage without saying anything! Other people should do the same.
Again, I know im trolling >_>

Advanced slobs has been going on for a long time. The reason is for one, counterpicking a stage bc their main sucks on that stage is like saying 'If you main olimar, ICs, etc. you will lose round 2 90% of the time bc we can just pick a stage your character has a massive disadvantage on and you cant do **** about it.' I fail to see how that is any more 'fair.'

I think you are also forgetting that any advantage you give to the loser of round 1 is also given to the loser of round 2, which means that you can get CPed just as hard in round 3, which could almost make it so that winner of round 1 should coast in round 2 because they will get a huge advantage in round 3.

EDIT: this post is really confusing, let me know if i should explain myself again

Juanyboy3

Smash Apprentice
OmniOstritch....your avatar is awesome XD

on a related note.... I kinda agree with caliburchamp on the rule because isnt the point of counterpicking to have the advantage in the next match? ...then again that 90% chance of winning thing also is a good argument......lets put me under indecisive :D

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
Again, I know im trolling >_>

Advanced slobs has been going on for a long time. The reason is for one, counterpicking a stage bc their main sucks on that stage is like saying 'If you main olimar, ICs, etc. you will lose round 2 90% of the time bc we can just pick a stage your character has a massive disadvantage on and you cant do **** about it.' I fail to see how that is any more 'fair.'

I think you are also forgetting that any advantage you give to the loser of round 1 is also given to the loser of round 2, which means that you can get CPed just as hard in round 3, which could almost make it so that winner of round 1 should coast in round 2 because they will get a huge advantage in round 3.

EDIT: this post is really confusing, let me know if i should explain myself again
I understand what you mean, but it doesn't mean it's unwinnable if you CP the stage.

Like Frigate is a good stage for Lucario, and a bad stage for Olimar, but I remember an Olimar beating me on that stage. This was from an online ladder match. Olimar beats Lucario in the match up.

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
Never underestimate a Yoshi. And even if you do lose on your opponent's counterpick stage, you get to counterpick them yourself on the third round.

Juanyboy3

Smash Apprentice
to caliburchamp: i never gave you a shoutout about your lucario sooo..... yea.... nice lucario lol... i was kinda glad you didnt aura spam me like most lucarios do...ggs
and also what you said about the counterpicks just now, OmniOstritch stated that the person that won the first round, lost the second to a counterpick then won in the third round because of a counterpick.... so basically the person that won the first round would have the better chance of winning the third round...i guess

Top Bottom